From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booty found...

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Booty found... - Page 2 Empty Re: Booty found...

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:18 am

Algared wrote:Algared takes

Good quality cloth cap (unless borygg desire it, since with the excellent kurbul cap it will give be better protection I think than a plate half helm against B, P and F and only a little lower versus E, and be 2 lbs lighter)
Borygg considers what Algared says and agrees with him. "You're right, Algared, that plate helm may just get in my way. I'll take take the kurbul halfhelm and cloth cap. That leaves the plate halfhelm for someone else or we can try to trade it for something we need."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 am

Kugald Daas wrote:
Borygg
- Kugald's halfhelm (100d)
- Spear (60d)
- Warhammer (90d)
- Mail byrnie (660d)

Approximate value = 910d
After listening to Algared, Borygg decides against taking the plate half-helm. He opts instead for one of the new kurbul half-helms (excellent or good, whichever Algared isn't taking) to replace the one he has (which I assume is only average quality). He will also take a cloth cap.

Borygg also takes a few practice swings with the warhammer and decides he doesn't like the feel of it. He puts it back on the pile and picks up his trusty old club.

[OOC: I thought we weren't counting replacement weapons as booty. If we are not, the spear technically doesn't count here.]

Barak Daas wrote:"Borygg this is a great bow, the yew is fine grained and it has an excellent spring. If you are to be our archer, perhaps you should try the pull of the bow to see if it suits you. It looks like it will be accurate and hard wearing"
Borygg takes the bow from Barak, strings it and gives it a pull. "Thanks, Barak, it does look to be a finer weapon than the one I carry. If you don't want it, I will take it."

[OOC: This is what I think Borygg has:

- kurbul halfhelm = 20d
- cloth cap = 8d
- shortbow = 24d
- Mail byrnie = 660d

Approximate value = 712d

Forgive my unfamiliarity with HM3 rules here, but does "good" add +1 and "excellent" add +2 to WQ and armour protection values? I see in HM3 that each +1 doubles the price of weapons, but what about armour?]

Last edited by Borygg Raal on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected a math mistake)
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 am

The quality is only a descriptive term based on the general concesus of the group. It is not a reliable conversion tool. Purely decriptive - most players not only want to know what is available but also the condition that item is in.

Can everyone please update their character inventories/details with their new found items. Thanks
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 am

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald assesses everything people have asked for and tries to come up with the fairest distribution:

Jurri

- Quilt tunic (176d)
- Gold earrings (375d approx)
- Silver ring (26d approx)
- Silver broach (26d approx)
- Ivory pendant (10d approx)
- silver pennies (69d)

Approximate value = 682d

When Jurri sees Kugald is allocating him a share, he will attempt to convince him otherwise:

"Kugald, thank you but I did not fight. Why should I take a share of the spoils? Let those who did enjoy the rewards. For myself, there is much value in what I can now compose."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am

Borygg wrote:
- kurbul halfhelm = 20d
- cloth cap = 8d
- shortbow = 24d
- Mail byrnie = 660d

"Sounds good. Does anyone else want to take this halfhelm. It is excellent quality (OOC: It was WQ +1 from the beginning of the game). If not, I will see if I can find another of our clan who needs one."

Borygg wrote:
[OOC: I thought we weren't counting replacement weapons as booty. If we are not, the spear technically doesn't count here.]

OOC: I was only counting them to roughly balance out the numbers. It won't count towards the 1/3 we owe the Daas.

Jurri wrote:
When Jurri sees Kugald is allocating him a share, he will attempt to convince him otherwise:

"Kugald, thank you but I did not fight. Why should I take a share of the spoils? Let those who did enjoy the rewards. For myself, there is much value in what I can now compose."

"As you wish..."

"With the others' permission, I will hold this in common and we can use the coin to pay for food and drink and the jewellery to pay the Daas his share of future booty. It is light and portable, so it will be easy to transport."

"Actually, that gets me thinking. I am now carrying quite a lot of our money. If something were to happen to me, everyone would suffer. Perhaps we should split the usurers' notes and jewelry into two or three purses and have different people carry them. That way, if one of us should be taken, we don't loose everything."

"Algared, you can take Purse 1."
- Two usurers' notes (970d, 360d) (for the Daas)
- Gold earrings (375d approx) (for the party in common)
- Silver ring (26d approx) (for the party in common)

"Vidar, you can take Purse 2."
- Two usurers' notes (590d, 480d) (for the Daas)
- One gold coin (320d) (for the Daas)
- Silver broach (26d approx) (for the party in common)

"And, Borygg, you can take Purse 3"
- Two usurers' notes (630d, 380d) (for the Daas)
- One gold coin (320d) (for the Daas)
- Ivory pendant (10d approx) (for the party in common)

"That way, we spread the risk that we might loose it all."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 pm

"If the jewellry is going in to a common pool, I'd like to buy the silver ring and broach and put coin in to the pool instead. Kugald, you said that they were worth twenty-six pennies each, so are you happy with fifty two pennies from me in return for them".

Barak starts to rummage around in his coin pounch and counts out 52d.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

"That sounds good to me. The coin will be of more use when we buy food and drink for all."

Kugald adds the 52 silver pennies to the purse he carries with money for the group.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald assesses everything people have asked for and tries to come up with the fairest distribution:

Algared

- Cloth cap (good) (8d)
- Leather calf boots (64d)
- Quilt gambeson (260d)
- Plate breastplate (300d)
- Quilt cowl (good) (32d)
- Kurbul halfhelm (20d)

Approximate value = 684d

Quilt gambeson (260d) - quilt Gambeson 260d (exchanging mine which was average I believe for the newer one only if not taken by anyone else)= 0d
Quilt cowl (Good)(32d)
Leather Calf boots (average)(64d)- leather shoes (average)(24d)=40d
Breastplate (Good)(300d)

Borygg is taking the cloth cap (good) and the kurbul (Excellent).

Thus Approximate value will be 372d.

OOC still away haven't had much access to the net, will be back in a couple of days.

Last edited by Algared on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am

In order to update my character, did anyone end up taking the Gambeson of Good quality or did Algared swap it for his average gambeson? Also, which quilt hood was taken or given to Algared? At present I also assume Borygg took algared's advice and took the good cloth cap and excellent kurbul 1/2 helm over a plate half helm.. and of course only if our resident armour adreed that together they would give roughly the same protection and encumber the archer less.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Whilst Barak was offered the gambeson he didn't take it. Looking at Kulgad's posting it looks to me like you got it (at least no one else did).
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Algared wrote:At present I also assume Borygg took algared's advice and took the good cloth cap and excellent kurbul 1/2 helm over a plate half helm.. and of course only if our resident armour adreed that together they would give roughly the same protection and encumber the archer less.
Yes, Borygg is wearing the cloth cap and kurbul halfhelm.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Booty found... - Page 2 Empty The Crystal

Post  GM Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:56 am

The crystal is a red smooth cylinder about 10" long and 2" in dia.

The crystal seems to be made of an unknown substance that looks and feels similar to glass as opposed to any other mineral and is translucent and unadorned.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum