From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm on a Boat

4 posters

Go down

I'm on a Boat Empty I'm on a Boat

Post  Algared Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Barak Daas wrote:

To Algarad: "If my memory is right the Daas left one hundred men there. And yes I have some skill in shipwriting, if you want me to put a hole in the boat then I am your man. Having said that, I suspect I am the only one here who has regularly been in a small fishing boat like this - I've been doing since I was five. I can easily keep it on course on a river like this, though it is running quite fast with the spring meltwater."

"That s another reason I though you were the best choice to take charge of one of the watches, with Borygg and Vidar I'm thinking the watches would be balanced. " Algared replies before adding. "Indeed Barak, we want to get past get reach our target, and travelling by night may give us some of that ability to move unseen. we do know indeed that the ibanvall host staked the river in the approaches to Froyby for they prevented attempts to relieve the Garrison there If Froyahiem has also fallen then the river may be staked beyond there as well. At the very least we should be able to reach Froyby but I do not know how far from froyby the stakes are. none the less on if we are nearer the far bank where the woods are hopeully we'll be far enough away from the guards on the other bank."

Algared stops and think for a moment, "If the Ibanvaal host are indeed marching, at night we should be able to see the glow of thier camp fires. I would so hate the Daas to retreat because a a small force was headed this way and claimed to be so large, and so was able to regain Fryoby.

So Kugald how far down river do we head, enough to see the size of the Inbanvaal host headed our way, or further?"

[ooc: I originally posted this in the main thread but as the characters started to talk I thought it would be better here.]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

I'm on a Boat Empty Re: I'm on a Boat

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:28 pm

"Not too far. We want to stop before we reach the Ibanvaalese host, so we can let them march past us. That will let us let get a good account of their numbers. Once they are past, we can reboard the boat and sail further down towards Froyaheim."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 am

"If possible, why don't we stay in the boat as they march past: much less chance of being caught. All we need to find is somewhere we can anchor the boat and have a good view over the road."

Later "In the morning we can try and catch some fish... there are lines, hooks and sinkers in the lockers. At best it might make for a nice supper, at worse it will do no harm."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 am

"I'd say we're just passing Froyby now. It may well be worth pulling in and leeting the dass know about that boat." Algared says "If that was an Ibanvaal boat pulling up river and the Daas can capture it, it widens his options dont you think?"

'Yes I know it undoes all the secrecy we had but there is a greater good to consider.'
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 am

"I think the Daas can handle a single boat."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 am

'So do I jurri, if he is aware of it. and that boat and the others at in the other thrans would give a chance to move the host faster up or down river.' Algared stops as Kugald says to continue difting. "Maybe we should have taken the boat as booty when we first passed. Anyway get some rest, if you are in armour it may be best to remove it, we'll look more like fishermen as well as not sinking like stones should we end up in the drink.'
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:06 am

> "I think the Daas can handle a single boat." <

"If there is only a single boat - it may be one of many. Or it may have ferried a number of boatloads of warriors up river over the last few nights."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 am

Jurri considers this and shrugs.

"Well, if that's so, the enemy picked a horrible night to go upstream."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet