From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All wet behind the ears

4 posters

Go down

All wet behind the ears Empty All wet behind the ears

Post  Algared Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

as the band struggle to set up a shelter and make fast their pinda Algared speaks his thought to Kugald.
'Cousin, I fear we will likely need longer wait than we intended. our boat is in better condition than us, we all seem almost spent. And I fear it'll be cold rations for a day or two we dare not light a fire here I'm thinking. How long do you think we should try rest up? I'm thinking it may take us almost to the middle watch to make required repaires, and I have to admit I'm not keen on trying to pilot a vessel at night.

At least daylight will enable us to take full stop of our supplies, and equipment.

My guess is that we have reached that bend where the road runs alongside the bank, but it we will need daylight to get a better fix on our position."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

All wet behind the ears Empty Re: All wet behind the ears

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 pm

"Aye cousin, we are all exhausted and this constant rain is not making anything better. I say we get what sleep we can and look at things again in the light of morning. Once we get into a good 'hide', I think we will have a bit of a wait before the Ibanvaalese arrive. Everyone should have a chance to catch up on sleep. Food and fire are other questions. Food will have to come from the peasants, and I don't think they will sell us their surplus, I think we will have to take what we need...unless we can nab a deer or some rabbits. As for fire, I think it might be possible to build a small camp with a carefully screened fire, but Barak would know more about that than I do."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 pm

[OoC: I presume concealed fires comes under Survival - one of Barak's better skills]

"Yes I can make fires without smoke. However, this rain won't have helped. One of the important ingredients is dry firewood. If we camp on the west bank then we should be relatively safe from the Ibanvaal army. However, I'd leave the gear in the boat so we can make a quick get away if we must."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 am

Jurri will speak quietly to Kugald before we get too comfortable.

"Kugald, as I recall, you hope to observe the Ibanvaaler army pass, but to what end? If it is even truly on the move, we do not know that it is marching all together, nor when it might pass this way, so we could sit here for days in vain, or witness only a third of it and think we have seen the full force. Furthermore, if we are not simply caught or killed in the process, what good would this count do us or the Daas? We head north. Unless I have misunderstood, there is no way we can provide the information to the Daas before his own scouts would have it anyway, and the Storzar would already know it if he or his kin still live. We would be stating the obvious, and too late at that."

"Would it not be better to reach our destination unseen and with the advantage of time, so that we might still report the more crucial facts of Froyaheim's fate and unite our allies? It seems to me that we gravely jeopardize our mission by stopping here. We cannot safely make this transit in daylight; as miserable as this weather is, it is our friend because it shields us from the enemy, while the river carries us unerringly to our destination faster than we can otherwise travel. If we wait until dawn, we effectively must delay a whole day."

"You carry the Daas' message (ooc: I think Jurri knows about that; if not, disregard). Is that not paramount?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 am

"To what end? To find out how many Ibanvaalese does the Daas truly face. I realize we may not see the entire force, but any information on their strength will be valuable."

"It is important to find out the fate of the Storzar and his army. If it is still intact, even if they have lost Froyaheim, that is vital information."

"Although the night offers us cover, it is suicide to barrel down a river none of us have sailed, in the pitch black with no way of avoiding hazards. The day might be more dangerous, but if we are in the middle of the river, we will be hard for the Ibanvaalese to catch."

"I don't know about the others, but I have no intention of repeating last night. We did it because we had to, to leave Lihea without anyone knowing who we were and to get past Froyby without being seen. But I have no desire to flip the boat over and drown in the dark. I don't know if you can swim, but I can barely keep my head above water. We were lucky last night. I don't want to press that luck."

"The message I carry is for the Storzar. If we shoot on past, it will be kind of hard to give it to him, don't you think?"

"This is an opportunity to find out what has happened. I think we need to gather as much information as possible. However, I have no desire to die either."

"Let us get some sleep. In the morning, we will have something to eat and discuss among the entire group what are plan will be."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: