From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Options

4 posters

Go down

Current Options Empty Current Options

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:50 am

"Well, now we know the fate of Froyaheim and the Storzar armies, and we know the river ahead is blocked and that we'll have no friends; is it time to turn back and follow our army accross the mountain pass?

It should be fun, with no food, and the Ibanvaal army on our heels, or more likely ahead of us"

[OoC - that is if you choose to believe our informant]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Current Options Empty Re: Current Options

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 am

I don't think we should count on the river being blocked.

We can probably forego a stop at Froyaheim, however.

I think it is probably best to find out when this happened. The deadline for the valhakars to submit will be an important piece of information.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 am

True jurri we do not know for certain that the the way ahead is blocked yet, though we have it seems found the truth of the matter. The question is do we return to the Daas, or search for the Storzer, for it seems we have the information we sought. A further question now is has whehter the Daas has been bought to battle yet.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:46 am

"If the Storzar lives, he is likely trying to rally his kin. Better these valhakars know they have a choice and that allies come to their aid. I am going to try to find the Storzar, and, failing that, I intend to carry word to Vulenheim. If you choose to turn back, I wish you good fortune, but I believe the Daas knows the next battle is at Ygesdram. The fastest path there is the river."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:52 am

If others have no preferences then are path is set follow the river by pass Froyahiem, if we fail to find the Storzer. wonder if the boat we passed in the night was the storzer seeking the Daas? None the less jurri if we head down river we should report to those members of the thrangaard at Ysdergramwe will likely return before the Dass force finishes the mountain trek and any supplies that can be made ready for them will be a boon. Then we should send word to the Daas at Myna as we head towards Vulenheim.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:16 am

"I agree, we should continue down river. It is a shame the pilings were finished, that will mean we will have to leave the boat behind. There will be no way to get the boat around the obstacle."

"I think we should continue down river at dusk, aiming to stop on the west bank just before the pilings. We abandon the boat and head inland. We skirt the villages...they will have Ibanvaalese in them...and try and make our way for the road from Soliheim to Bergastad. We can stay off the main road, paralleling it through the woods. I think once we get past Bergastad, we should meet up with the small force (300 men) that the Daas left to guard the road."

"Who's with me?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:40 am

"Where do you think the Storzar retreated to? I think there will be a substantial enemy force along that road by now, probably as far as Bergastad. I would be surprised if the enemy has left the pilings, since they hamper his efforts and he has no reason to fear an enemy coming downriver. If we get there and the pilings are still in place, we will have no choice but to abandon the boat, but I think we'd be better off taking another boat to Ygesdram, if we can find one."

"Either way, we must get to wherever the Storzar has gone. If that's Ygesdram, then count me in."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:21 am

I think the Storzer went up river to join with the Daas. The boat that we heard rowing past us in silence on the first night was likely his. The Storzer knew we were coming he would have known his friends and family were there. If we cannont give hope of liberation to the clans on the west bank then we must make hast down river. With the Sail we should be able to cover more distance. and may even be able to get the pinda around the piling on the west side off the river. if we cant I'm damned if I'll leave in in tact for that bastard.

That large force that headed south, where do you suppose they were headed.. the Daas. Had we been sooner we could have reached the Storzer in time I'll wager.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 am

"There is no reason to believe that the stakes will have been removed. They might not need them anymore but that dosn't mean they'll spare the manpower to remove them. If we're lucky we may squeeze this small boat through, but I doubt it."

"So we had better plan to hike across country and avoid people friend or foe. And from now on we hunt, forage, or steal our provisions."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi all,

It is possible that the boat we heard going up river was the Storzar's, but that would be a strange direction to retreat, as that is into enemy territory. Neil said the Storzar went west. I would assume he went to Ygesdram. From there, he can send messengers to the other clans calling for support.

Our small group has NO hope of liberating ANY clans in this valley. We are only six. Any such move would be suicide. Our only hope is, like Barak said, stealth. We need to sneak around the Ibanvaalese forces and get home. The sooner the better. As time goes on, I believe the locals will become more hostile as their Valhakars are forced to swear oaths of loyalty.

I believe the pilings are still there. They would take a substantial effort to remove. We will not be able to get the boat past them. We will have to abandon the boat.

There will probably be a substantial enemy blocking force to the west (towards Bergastad). Opposite them, I expect will be the small Daas force (300 men), plus the men who fled with Storzar.

I say we follow Barak's plan. We take the boats a little further downstream and then beach and lay low until twilight. Then, we head cross country for Ygesdram. While boats might be faster, getting past Froyaheim and then fighting another boat is far more dangerous in my opinion.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: