From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Peonu 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 Peonu 720

Post  GM Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 am

Time: End of 4th watch - End 5th watch

With the last of the daylight dwindling away, the warband sit around the fire in quiet contemplation as they each take the opportunity to check their gear. Apart from a few faults your gear seems to be holding up fine. The faults you do find seem easy enough to repair with the tools you have to hand.

The most quiet of the group seems to be Vidar, he too checks his gear but unlike the others who chat amongst each other, Vidar remains silent.

When Vidar is asked what troubles him he merely nods it off telling the others that all is well and he has a few things to sort through.

Sitting around the fire in the near dark the glow of the fire lights the surrounding area with each of the warband sitting close enough that their features are illuminated. A small canvas bag of Borygg's sits near the fire with a collection of berries that he collected spilled out upon it. Each of the warband take their share and sit by the fire contented with a sampling of the berries. The deer and fish still roast over the fire and the smells wafting through the air entice all around. Considering the fare that you have eaten in the last few days tonights meal is a most welcome addition.

With little chance of rain tonight, a shelter completed, the prospects of a fine meal and the chance of a good nights sleep the mood of the warband seems uplifted.

The fish are first to cook and Algared having prepared some boiled greens calls for everyones plates and he soon serves up some roasted fish and boiled greens. By the time this entree has been finished Algared checks the 'main course' and declares the meal ready and begins to cut each of the warband a share, such that there will be enough for another day or two.

The meat is garnished with a few herbs to add to the flavour and all in all eveyone finds the deer flavoursome and by the end of the meal everyone has a full belly for the first time in several days.

Kugald sits by the wood pile and has been continually adding wood as necessary to keep the fire going to allow the meats to cook but now with the meal being eaten the fire begins to slowly die down, until the flames are low but the embers are hot. Algared collects the cooking untensils he has used and makes his way gingerly through the now dark forest down to the river to give them a clean.

After some time he returns to the warband with his now clean cooking utensils. He sits himself down with his companions to enjoy the peace of the night and allow his meal to digest.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Once Barak has finished enjoying his meal, he suggests that "Everyone should take a sixth share of the remaining venison and forage to keep in their ration bags, just in case we have to leave in a hurry."

After that he says "I suggest we stay here for two days to rest if we can. I plan to see what I can forage or fish tomorrow and try hunting the day after. I wonder if we might find some honey. Does some want to follow the plan of going back to the settlement to buy food? If so someone should go with him and watch from the trees."

Barak waits for the discussion to die down befor stating: "Kugald you should set the watches. We need our sleep."

Barak puts all his loose gear back in his bags and places them next to his sleeping roll whilst he waits to see which watch he is on.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 pm

"While I agree this is as good a camp sight as we've had,' replies Algared as he gives Jurri a friendly slap on the back.

"Still I'd rather keep moving if possible, I thought speed was the important thing. Though Borryg and Vidar have worked hard at the oars, and Borryg not to mention you," algared motions to Barak, "looked pretty spent after treking in the hills for a watch. I would hate to think what we'd all be like after a day treking. Mind, its a shame we dont have mapping or drawing skills. This would certainly be worth recording for future reference. As for the watch based on last nights pairing, Kugald and I have the middle watch, which means our too mountain trekkers each get eight hours uninterupted sleep."

Algared stretches then stands and moves towards his sleeping area. 'If I have the middle watch I'll need to get some sleep."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Barak thankfully gets it to his sleeping roll: "I thought the idea was to rest up and stock up on food. What is the rush if we're not being followed? Personally, if we going to skirt the mountains like this, then I will be dropping with exhaustion before I get home."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Kugald sits back and picks at his teeth with a splinter.

"The watches will pair the same folk, but advance one shift, so that the same people are not on dog watch (the middle shift) every night. Borygg and Vidar, you take the first watch tonight. Algared and I will take the middle watch. Barak and Jurri, you take the final watch."

He listens to everyone's suggestions about what we should do next.

"Algared, I agree we need to move quickly and get back to Daaslund with the news of what has happened at Froyaheim. However, in this case, I think a short delay will mean we can move faster. We need enough food so we don't have to stop. If we spend one extra day here tomorrow, Jurri can visit the thran and see if he can purchase some bread. Six loafs would be good, a dozen better. I can go with him and watch from cover. Meanwhile, Borygg, Barak, Vidar and Algared can forage for more food. Hopefully, once we have more food tomorrow, we can cook it and prepare for a march."

"After another good night's sleep, and with full packs of food, we should be able to make a concentrated effort and make our way back to Daaslund in just two or three days march. It will be easier because we will start fully rested and we won't have to worry about searching for food along the way. We might even be able to do two watches per day."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

"Okay, one day it is. Good night all."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

"That all sits well with me," Borygg says as he dons his armour, picks up his weapons, and heads off to stand watch.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am

Time: End of 5th watch.

Vidar approaches Jurri and says "Could I ask a favour?" (assuming consent)

Vidar says to Jurri "There are a few things I need to ponder and I was hoping that you and I might swap watches this night?"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 am

Jurri doesn't have a problem with that. He'll make sure to tell Algared and Kugald when he wakes them so they wake the right people (unless this is before they've gone to sleep, in which case, he'll say so now).

He'll get ready for his watch.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 am

Time: End of 5th watch - End of 6th watch

With the warband preparing themselves for a nights rest the warriors turn in, within moments they are asleep and the soft rumbles of snoring men comes from within the shelter.

Borygg and Jurri stand watch over the sleeping warriors. The night is clear and a few stars can be seen through the canopy of the trees. WIth the fire light now down to nothing more than glowing embers the two men stand in the dark and unless they are standing near the fire they are almost invisible to each other.

Not a moment to soon it is time for Borygg to wake Algared and Kugald for their turn on watch.

The weather tonight remains unchanged the sky is clear the stars bright and only a slight gust of wind from the north east.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:57 am

Algared rises when awoken and gets ready for watch. His thought go to the troubled Vidar. It cant be easy when your clan are now subjugated to another by force. As he watches over the camp algared says a prayer giving thanks for the protection and provision.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Kugald is woken up by Borygg, and joins Algared on their sentry watch. After a quick patrol around the camp, he settles down in a convenient spot, with a good “view”, as good as you can have on a dark night. He lays his spear beside him and pulls his cloak around him tightly.

As the watch passes, Kugald thinks about their trip home. Using his memories of the boat trip to Froyaheim and the trips he made with his master, he ponders to himself.

He guesses that if they traveled by road, they would probably be looking at maybe three watches (12 hours) of steady marching to get to Ygesdram. Unfortunately, they will not be able to go by road. They will be traveling through hilly mixed forest, at probably only half the speed of travel by road. Also, they will not be able to go in a relatively straight line like the road does, using his (slight) experience in hunting, he estimates they will have to travel probably double the distance they would if they went by road. Half the speed and twice the distance…sitting in the dark, Kugald frowns to himself…that means it is more likely twelve watches. Assuming two watches of marching per day and no diversions, or obstacles that delay them further, it could take six days to get home.

After a couple of hours of mulling this over, he gets up and walks over to where Algared is doing his sentry watch.

“So, cousin, I have been doing some thinking. Given where I ‘think’ we are, and the terrain and distance I ‘guess’ we need to cover, I hate to say it, but I think we have six days of marching ahead of us to get home.”

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Algared talks quietly to his cousin about thier concerns.

(Algared and Kugald chat)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2