From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 Peonu 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

9 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat May 08, 2010 4:49 pm

ooc: The whole plan depends on Jurri being visible to at least one of the other members of the warband, which is why he was letting them select the location and get set up before he began.

Post by GM So the plan is for Barak and/or Borygg to lead you towards the river and find a place for you to sit. So that they can watch both you and the men by the river.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Borygg whispers the plan to Barak. Barak nods his agreement. "I'll keep watch from here whilst your scout around" he whispers back "If you get in to difficulty I'll try and help you out with your bow. When you've found the spot come back and find me and I will join you in covering Jurri."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun May 09, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun May 09, 2010 3:18 am

Jurri's post has been edited

Need details on how this is to take place, please - feedback from Borygg, Barak and Jurri required here please.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 am

OOC: I am not 100% sure of what is going on but it looks like we rewound time a slight bit to allow us to carry out Jurri's plan better. If I am wrong about that, then please ignore this post and explain what I am supposed to be giving input on.

From the top of the rise, Borygg will try to spot a place where Jurri might be able to sit and remain in sight. His preference will be for somewhere off the road. He wants the men by the ford to be able to hear Jurri but not see him from where they are. He wants them to have to leave the road to find Jurri. If possible, the spot will be close to trees where the band can hide out and watch, or below a rise that they can hide behind. If he sees someplace promising, he'll go check it out, remaining out of sight of the men by the ford. If it checks out, he'll come back and lead Jurri and the others to it and their hiding place.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 am

OoC: Post above edited.

Barak waits on the crest (with bow ready) whilst Borygg searches for a good spot for Jurri. Once a place has been found he'll join Borygg in watching over Jurri (obviously they will wait further away from the 'guards' than Jurri is). Barak will leave his gear concealled, as best he can, hiden from the road behind the crest of the ridge. He be wearing his armour & helm, and carrying his bow, quiver, and belt slung weapons (sword, knife & hatchet). He'll take his spear & sheild but will lay it on the ground at his feet as he watches.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 am

Borygg Raal wrote:From the top of the rise, Borygg will try to spot a place where Jurri might be able to sit and remain in sight. His preference will be for somewhere off the road. He wants the men by the ford to be able to hear Jurri but not see him from where they are. He wants them to have to leave the road to find Jurri. If possible, the spot will be close to trees where the band can hide out and watch, or below a rise that they can hide behind. If he sees someplace promising, he'll go check it out, remaining out of sight of the men by the ford. If it checks out, he'll come back and lead Jurri and the others to it and their hiding place.

After spending some time searching for a good place for Jurri it soon becomes apparent that the only reasonable place for Jurri to be is by the river. Anywhere else gives the men by the river to good a chance of seeing the rest of the warband laying in wait. The only problem with the riverbank is that Jurri will have to stop to far away from the ford to prevent the men there seeing him approach and this means that the rest of the warband will not be able to watch over both Jurri and the men by the ford.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 am

After searching unsuccessfully for a good spot for Jurri's plan, Borygg returns to the group and tells what he has found.

OOC: I, as a player, had a hard time understanding the rough map of the area, so I can't recommend a course of action. Since Borygg has seen the area, maybe he has an idea.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon May 10, 2010 10:42 am

When Borryg reports back Algared says 'Maybe we're just trying to be too clever, if Barak, Borryg and I have bows and sling ready, Kugald and Jurri could approach the the Horse handler. preferably getting as close as they can before discovery. If he is an Ibanvaler they dispatch him quickly and chase off the or capture the horses while we fire into the group of men if an alarm is given. Look the man with the horses is on this side of the road the others are on the far side. Two arrows striking down two of those men and my sling helping keep there heads down if an alarm is surely better than dividing our number so we are unable to mutally support each other. And we certainly want to stop these men mounting their steads if it comes to a fight."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 am

Time: End 3rd watch

With the warband watching the men by the river over the crest of the rise it is not long before the man watering the horses finishes his task, gathers up the reigns of the horses and heads back to the other men. There he joins them in conversation. The men stand by the ford for the best part of a quarter watch, before two men mount and lead two empty horses north along the river bank through the forest. The others mount their horses and head west along the trail.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 am

Barak relays this info to the others."We could try getting across the ford now, assuming it isn't a trap. I, however, think those two riders that went north may be back soon with two guards from a more northerly crossing. But if we wait too long then a relief guard might come."

"I say we should try the ford now, but be ready with our weapons just in case."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue May 11, 2010 1:42 pm

"Sounds good Barak, sooner we get across sooner we can get home or find some food. though unless the Daas has reached an agreement we may still have a blocking force and that raises a question we still dont know the answer too, were they friend or foe. None the less times a wasting... once across lets stop long enough to fill our water skins, being hungry is bad enough going thirsty because we didn't take the time to refill the skins would be criminal. Lets go"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue May 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Kugald nods his agreement with Barak and Algared.

“Let’s move quickly, we will cross at the ford, stopping just long enough to fill our waterskins. Once we reach the other side, we should slip off the road as quickly as possible.”

He stomach rumbles.

“I think we need to find some food soon. Hopefully, we can forage or hunt for what we need early tomorrow morning. If possible, perhaps we can buy some food from a farmer. I hate to suggest it, but we may need to take what we need if we can't hunt it or buy it.”

“Let’s move. Stay ready to fight; the riders might be lurking nearby.”

Kugald hefts his spear and shield. His pack is lighter now without any food.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Borygg slings his knapsack and his shield on his back. He is carrying his bow (already strung) in his left hand and his spear in his right, ready to be dropped if he needs to use his bow in a sudden attack.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue May 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Barak gathers his gear together. His shield goes on his back. He carries his strung bow and a arrow in on hand and his spear in the other. Assuming he is in his normal position in the van, then he'll carefully scan from side to side looking for ambush.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch

Gathering up your gear, your heft packs onto shoulders, sling shields over shoulders and grab spears before standing and making your way cautiously towards the ford.

The day remains cool with the wind gusting from the north west the sky is full of white fluffy clouds that blow slowly across the sky.

As Barak scans the surrounding forest all looks clear and the warband moves towards the ford. The first to cross is Barak and as he wades across the water chills his feet and legs with its icy touch. The water rises no higher than half way between his knee and his ankle and he makes the crossing quickly and easily. The next to cross is Kugald, followed by Algared, then Jurri with Borygg making the crossing last.

The warband takes shelter by the side of the road amid the trees while Algared gathers everyones waterskins and fills them with the cold water from the river. With the waterskins filled Algared returns them to their owners before the warband heads off towards the west paralleling the road along the southern side through the forest.

The going is easy as the ground rises and falls easily.

You have moved no more than several hundred yards from the ford when through the 'music' of the forest you all hear the sounds of laughter coming from ahead of you and off to the right. The distance is hard to determine but it is not more than a hundred yards away.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 am

OoC: What is the terrain like? The actions below depend on it being fairly thickly forrested with a visual range of c40ft.

Post by GM The terrain gives you a visibility of around 40 yards (120ft) in all directions.

Barak signals a halt. He then puts all his gear on the ground (including his spear and shield), and quickly shrugs out of his mail which is added to the heap. He picks up his bow and puts on his quiver. "If I am caught by Ibanvaalers I will be sure to shout; don't try any foolish rescues". Barak then picks up his bow and quietly loops off to the left before cautiously approaching the spot where the laughter came from.

He will attempt to stay concealed and identify how many people are there etc from a distance.

OoC: Is "right" the direction towards the road? If not Barak loops in the opposite direction (i.e. he dosn't want to cross the road).

Post by GM You are correct the road is to your north (right)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed May 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Seeing Barak’s signal, Kugald stops. He too can now hear the laughing.

After Barak sheds his extra equipment and moves out to scout, Kugald signals the others to help him pick up his gear. They move Barak’s equipment into some bushes [OOC: Or a fall log or the best cover he can find within a 25ft radius of where Barak dropped his gear]. Once there, Kugald takes off his own pack. He takes out his bow and strings it. Kugald prepares his equipment. He lays his spear and shield down beside him where they will be easy to pick up, loosens his quiver and draws an arrow. He nocks it.

In a low voice he says, “Right, Barak may come back at a run with enemies in tow. Everyone be ready. Borygg, you and I will provide covering fire with our bows, as many volleys as we can before switching to hand-to-hand. We probably will only get one shot so make it count. Algared and Jurri, be prepared for close combat. You will need to delay them a moment while Borygg and I change weapons.”

Kugald gestures for everyone to crouch down.

“Jurri, watch north. Borygg, watch behind us to the east. Algared, watch south. I will watch west, the way Barak went.”

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu May 13, 2010 1:36 am

With the laughter now stopped the forest is quiet and still. The only sound perceptable to your ears is the gusting wind blowing through the trees.

The warband adopt a defensive posture while Barak 'undresses'. With Barak's gear hidden behind a piece of dead fall the scout heads out towards the south west pushing out into the trees in search of the laughter.

The only sound you hear are the slight footfalls each of you make as Barak moves amongst the dead leaves and pine needles on the forest floor.

Barak soon disappears from sight as his crouched form darts from cover to cover and crests a small rise and descends the other side. His footsteps being lost not more than 10'-15' from your position.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu May 13, 2010 3:21 pm

The band waits anxiously for Barak's return.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 am

Barak has been gone for a short while and the forest has remained quiet as each man of the warband watches his allotted area.

The still of the forest is dashed by the yells of man. The calls are typically used by someone urging their horse into a gallop. These calls echo through the forest catching everyones attention as instinctively each man turns his head in the direction of the sound. The same direction that Barak took off into.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Jurri listens carefully and touches his palm to the ground.

"Hoofbeats. Make ready."

He'll make sure he is near a tree (preferably behind it).
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Hearing Jurri's warning, Borygg shakes his head. "It almost sounds to me like they're moving away from us. Best to be ready anyway."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 am

"Crap."

"I think Barak has been spotted or perhaps he shot someone with his bow and now the injured rider, or another rider that was not shot, is riding for help. That leads me to think that the men we saw at the ford were Ibanvaalese and that 'help'...in the form of more Ibanvaalese...is ahead of us, not behind us."

"I imagine there is a blocking force of troops between us and Daaslund."

"Right...we wait for Barak for a bit longer. If things go badly, everyone is to run towards the mountains. We need to get as far from the road as possible and into terrain where it will be hard for men on horseback to follow."

"I say we get high into the hills and try and skirt our way around the Ibanvaalese."

"Stay ready. Look sharp and keep a good eye out. Make sure you have got all your gear when we take off."

Kugald takes a good look at Barak's equipment. "Algared, give me a hand. Put Barak's mail shirt in my backpack. Each of you take some a piece or two of his equipment. We need to be able to run quickly and I would hate to have to leave his gear behind."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon May 17, 2010 2:21 am

With Algared and Kugald preparing Barak's gear for transport, Borygg moves over to the pile and gathers his spear and shield while Jurri gathers his pack and other small equipement.

The warband is taken a little by surprise when at a run a lone figure appears at the crest of the rise, he has not been running long enough to have even broken into a pant let alone a sweat.

The man is quickly identified as Barak as he quickly continues his run down the hill towards you, stopping once he has reached his companions.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 am

"Quick - up the hill." says Barak "One rider dead, one fled."

Seeing Borygg has his spear and shield he jogs over "Let me carry that he says"

"There are bound to be a dozen riders after us soon, so you need to get to where no horse can go."

By now Barak should have suceeded in getting the party to move up hill. He'll then recover his knapsack from who ever has it.

"They only know about me, so I can go back and make a diversion to let you escape. I got really close to them but couldn't make out thier accents. Then one of them spotted you I think. Anyway, he got so close to me whilst looking that he spotted me. Since he was drawing his weapon, I had no choice but to fire at him. Unfortunately it was fatal. I tried to stop the other rider but he was too quick."

"Anyway I should go back now and lead them in another direction..."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next