From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2 Nuzyael 720 Empty 2 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:18 pm

You are awoken by the sounds of the captain calling orders to the crew. Raising yourselves from your slumber you emerge from the cover of the tent and find that the sun is just rising above the horizon. The boat sits near the middle of the river, you discover having cast off during the high tide last night while you slept.

The captain has ordered the anchor aboard and the sails set to 1/4.

Some of the crew remain asleep for now.

The day has clouded over some but the sky appears blue above. The wind has picked up a little and now blows from the south west. The day is still cold and the wind does little to warm things up.

With the anchor aboard and the sails set the 'waverider' begins to make headway upriver towards Froyaheim.....

Last edited by GM on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

2 Nuzyael 720 Empty So, Kugald.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:36 am

"Are you in charge here? Did the Daas put anyone in charge here? No? Someone has to be in charge. That's the first thing the Valhakar is going to ask, don't you think? And if no one is in charge, then everyone is in charge, and that's a recipe for disaster."

"Now, Madrin's got the silver tongue, but Kugald's a Daas. Madrin can do the talking - Kugald can just stand real straight and look important. Kugald's the one the Valhakar would expect to be in charge, and it seems a fair notion."

"I mean, look at you. You look like you could bend a horseshoe with your bare hands."

"All in favor of putting Kugald in charge say 'Aye'."

Back to top Go down

2 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 2 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:34 am

Kugald sits on his sea chest.

Hovik wrote:
"Are you in charge here? Did the Daas put anyone in charge here? No? Someone has to be in charge. That's the first thing the Valhakar is going to ask, don't you think? And if no one is in charge, then everyone is in charge, and that's a recipe for disaster."

"In charge? No, the Valhakar didn't put me in charge. However, I do agree. We need to have someone formally in charge."

Hovik wrote:
"Now, Madrin's got the silver tongue, but Kugald's a Daas. Madrin can do the talking - Kugald can just stand real straight and look important. Kugald's the one the Valhakar would expect to be in charge, and it seems a fair notion."

"I mean, look at you. You look like you could bend a horseshoe with your bare hands."

Kugald smiles slightly to himself. "Stand straight and look important, yah, I can do that. And yes, I can bend a horseshoe, at least a un-tempered one."

The weaponcrafter flexes his muscles.

"But let us be clear. If I am in charge. I am in charge. I am no one's puppet. Any leader worth his salt listens to his men and let's his advisors speak their mind. But when it is time to make a decision, this is no women's knitting circle."

Kugald looks around at the members of the warband, meeting each man directly in the eyes.

"You name me your leader, and I will accept. But I will accept no back talk. When we are debating an issue, loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I'll like it or not. Disagreement, at this stage, stimulates me. But once a decision has been made, the debate ends. From that point on, loyalty means executing the decision as if it were your own. Know this before you choose."

Kugald leans back and waits for the others to let their positions be known.

TTYL

- Kerry Mould
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:23 am

"Ha! Spoken like a Daas! I knew we had the right man! Here's an 'Aye' from me."

Unlike Kugald, Hovik looks no one in the eye. He's laying on a comfortable plank or box, casually watching the gulls following the mast. He's smiling and relaxed.

"But one more thing. If you don't like his decision, you never let anyone outside our group know it. We won't be any too popular in Froyaheim, and any friction amongst us will be something our enemies will try to exploit. We have to be one big happy family!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:13 am

Madrin stares at Hovik, wondering how a man who has not spent more than a year in the thran, who, before we were all called together, had not even made Kugald's aquaintance, could even contemplate naming him as a leader. Leadership is more than a name and muscle. But sadly, very few people see beyond those.

And those righteous words of Kugalds. Such diatribe. In all the cases Madrin has mucked his way through, very few people on either side of the law had such arrogance. Even Skorri would be impressed.

Turning to Kugald, Madrin speaks. "I do not want to give offence Kugald, but as I see it, I have been given letters by our Valhakar to deliver. Those are the orders I shall follow.I am then instructed, by OUR valhakar to await orders from the Storzar Valhakar, at which stage it is those orders I shall follow. Naming one of us as a leader holds no reasoning. There is nothing to 'lead'." If we are given instruction from the Storzar Jarl and the situation requires it, then I shall pass my judgement on whose orders I would follow. I do not know any of you to a degree that would allow me to make an accurate assessment. Making such a judgement now would be worse than foolhardy. The next few days will be telling as to the 'leadership' quality of any member so wishing the mantle."

"There is also the possibility that we need no leader. We each have been chosen for a reason. We should each be mature enough to be able to voice our opinions and come to a consensus. In elements of battle, I am quite sure I would defer to Thorin, as he versed in those ways. But we will see how this trip pans out"

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:37 am

Kugald looks at the wyrdsman and smiles.

Madrin Trilsten wrote:
"I do not want to give offence Kugald, but as I see it, I have been given letters by our Valhakar to deliver.

"As I remember the events, you 'nominated' yourself to step forward and take the letters. You did this despite the fact that you are not even a Daas."

Madrin Trilsten wrote:
"Naming one of us as a leader holds no reasoning. There is nothing to 'lead'. If we are given instruction from the Storzar Jarl and the situation requires it, then I shall pass my judgement on whose orders I would follow. I do not know any of you to a degree that would allow me to make an accurate assessment. Making such a judgement now would be worse than foolhardy. The next few days will be telling as to the 'leadership' quality of any member so wishing the mantle."

"Madrin, I have known you since you were a toddler around the thran. You haven't changed."

Kugald smiles ever so slightly.

"I leave the decision to the others. Perhaps they prefer you to me. If so, so be it, I will follow if that is my destiny. But anyone who thinks a warband heading into a potential war zone doesn't need a leader...isn't one. Choose your path well, Madrin. A man who sets himself apart and above his fellows, might find himself outside the shield wall when all hell breaks loose."

Kugald reaches into his shoulder bag and draws out a smoked sausage. He cuts it into seven pieces in his bowl. He extends the bowl to Madrin.

"Sausage?"

TTYL

- Kerry Mould
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 am

Looking at the offered sausage, Madrin takes a piece and pops it into his mouth and around the tasty sausage he says

"Kugald, might your memory be failing? I never took any of this upon myself. Your cousin strode towards me and profered the letters. As I said, I was asked. As to holding myself above anyone! I would find that offensive, if I were so inclined. But since I am not, I wont" Madrin smiles and continues "but please do not threaten me with such words again. It does not become you. I am here with you all, for my Valhakar. Not apart.. WITH. Not above.. WITH"

"I care not for leadership. I advise. It is my role, something I have trained hard at and am better at then most. Knowledge is my weapon and I use it to serve, Kugald. To serve. If I were asked to lead, I would decline. It is not my way."

Last edited by Madrin Trilsten on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

The crew of the 'waverider' go about their duties, the off duty crew are now awake and resting, they help out doing small maintenance tasks as required.

The Captian stands stock still as the boat sails upriver, he keeps a keen eye out for any dangers that are not chartered. Jurgaan stands by his side his hand on the tiller steering an unerring course. The captain calls out from his position near the stern of the boat "The 'waverider' cuts a fine figure out on the open ocean but she does not like being confined here to the rivers. With our current conditions we should arrive sometime this evening. Maybe a little later."

Not long after departing the thran of Ygesdram the boat passes another thran on the port side called Hepjurn part of Maarlund. The boat's speed is around 2-3 knots as it makes it's way upriver.

By ealry morning you have passed the thran of Jeinmark on the starboard side a river port part of Daaslund and home to some of your kith and kin.

The crew seem to be paying no attention to the conversation playing out before them.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 am

Thorin listens to the conversation, "Aye" ing along with the others, half absent, while admiring the handiwork of the shipwrights work.
"Can you feel that keel flex?" He asks...."And the thrum of the sails?"
For a Huscarl and a horseman, Thorin seems right at home on the deck of the waverider.

He stops, turns his steely gaze upon the others, "Aye, you have my sword arm."

And pinches a slice of sausage for himself.

OOC: Sorry for the absence....Im not receiving email notifications of new posts...thought the forum had died...LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:58 am

Jurri will be listening to the discussion and glancing at Neirin and Algarad to gauge their reactions. If offered, he will take a piece of sausage and, when there is a pause, ask:

"What say you, Algarad? If a Daas must represent us before the Storzar, then it seems it must be either you or Kugald."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:12 am

Jurri Grebel wrote:Jurri will be listening to the discussion and glancing at Neirin and Algarad to gauge their reactions. If offered, he will take a piece of sausage and, when there is a pause, ask:

"What say you, Algarad? If a Daas must represent us before the Storzar, then it seems it must be either you or Kugald."

"Algarad? Wouldn't your dad just crap in his breeches if we elected you? We should elect you just so we could see that happen!"

"Nah, I'm sticking with Kugald. Just look at those tree trunks he calls legs. If we get into trouble he can just carry us all back to Ygesdram on those two sturdy legs."

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Thorin Ulfhednar wrote: while admiring the handiwork of the shipwrights work.
"Can you feel that keel flex?" He asks...."And the thrum of the sails?"
For a Huscarl and a horseman, Thorin seems right at home on the deck of the waverider.

Thorin notes that the boat is well constructed but not one of Jokel Storzars works. There are signs amid it's construction to place it's port of building more to the north west of Menglana.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:52 pm

OOC: Anyone else planning on piping in, or are we moving forward?

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:47 pm

OOC - I think people don't realize that they can "watch" the board. Perhaps a private message is in order to all the missing characters.

In the meantime, to keep Kerry amused, Hovik shall continue under the assumption that the rest of the party accedes to the elevation of Kugald to the leadership.

I am posting this from my office, and I forgot the name of the former holders of Froyby. Silly me.

AS HOVIK

"Well, Kugald. As you are now our leader, it's time for your first decision. Did you realize that you are carrying one of Froyby's treasures on this boat? I don't believe your uncle was fully aware of this fact when he dispatched us all. But when we arrive in Froyaheim, it seems quite likely the whatever survivors of Froyby's clan remain, they will demand their treasure back. And you will have to respond."

"What am I talking about? Surely you have guessed by now that your most useless friend here is a runaway thrall. Half this party knows it from my own witness, I'm sure the rest suspect. I imagine that the thran has allowed me to live in peace through the winter because I've harmed none and you have to feed your thralls while a free man you can let starve if need be. But if that were the extent of my story you wouldn't have much of a dilemma."

"Jurri - you know those pictures of naked women that you like me to draw? Well, I didn't learn that just so I could amuse the men at the meadhall. Those are called 'anatomical studies', and my late grandfather taught me to draw them to learn how the human body works. He was the finest physician in Menglana - maybe all of Ivinia - and I was his best student. I tell you without bragging, I am a better apotheker than your Hervold, and I am a far better surgeon than I am apotheker."

"A pity my grandfather was also a drunkard, and thus fell into thralldom. And so I was born a thrall in Froyby, and became the personal physician to the valhakar and his clan. The Valhakar sold my services to wealthy clients up and down the fjord - including a Storzar on occasion - much to his profit. I have no doubt the clan will remember this, and demand my return."

"But I tell you now, I will not go back, and I will not be thrall to anyone - Daas included. Press me on the point and I will remind you that a physician knows a hundred forms of suicide."

"When we get to Froyaheim, it is just a matter of time before someone recognizes me. My former masters will surely demand my return. I ask you now, how will you respond?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Hovik wrote:"Jurri - you know those pictures of naked women that you like me to draw? Well, I didn't learn that just so I could amuse the men at the meadhall. Those are called 'anatomical studies', and my late grandfather taught me to draw them to learn how the human body works. He was the finest physician in Menglana - maybe all of Ivinia - and I was his best student. I tell you without bragging, I am a better apotheker than your Hervold, and I am a far better surgeon than I am apotheker."

OOC: As Hervold is Neirin's contact, I assume that was directed at him, not Jurri.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Hovik wrote:"Well, Kugald. As you are now our leader, it's time for your first decision. Did you realize that you are carrying one of Froyby's treasures on this boat? I don't believe your uncle was fully aware of this fact when he dispatched us all. But when we arrive in Froyaheim, it seems quite likely the whatever survivors of Froyby's clan remain, they will demand their treasure back. And you will have to respond."

"When we get to Froyaheim, it is just a matter of time before someone recognizes me. My former masters will surely demand my return. I ask you now, how will you respond?"

"What does law and custom demand?" Jurri looks to Madrin. "Perhaps more important, since we do this on behalf of the Daas, what would he likely do?"

Looking at Hovik, he continues. "Is this why you are so eager to declare Kugald our leader? To have a protector?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

OOC: As Hervold is Neirin's contact, I assume that was directed at him, not Jurri.[/quote]

You and I share a contact - Torvald Orbaason. He's one of my two real friends in the thran outside the party, and he's your good friend too. It seems logical that we know each other well and get along.

Now, if you don't imagine Jurri would appreciate a pencil sketch of a naked lady, just say so. I'll just change the text to, "Jurri - you know those figures of naked ladies that you slap me for drawing?" jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Hovik wrote:
Jurri Grebel wrote:OOC: As Hervold is Neirin's contact, I assume that was directed at him, not Jurri.

You and I share a contact - Torvald Orbaason. He's one of my two real friends in the thran outside the party, and he's your good friend too. It seems logical that we know each other well and get along.

Now, if you don't imagine Jurri would appreciate a pencil sketch of a naked lady, just say so. I'll just change the text to, "Jurri - you know those figures of naked ladies that you slap me for drawing?" jocolor

That wasn't my point. I'm sure Jurri appreciates his sketches as much as anyone else, but he doesn't know Hervold; Neirin does.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Jurri Grebel wrote:
Hovik wrote:"When we get to Froyaheim, it is just a matter of time before someone recognizes me. My former masters will surely demand my return. I ask you now, how will you respond?"

"What does law and custom demand?" Jurri looks to Madrin. "Perhaps more important, since we do this on behalf of the Daas, what would he likely do?"

Looking at Hovik, he continues. "Is this why you are so eager to declare Kugald our leader? To have a protector?"

Hovik keeps his smile on his face. No matter how sharp the talk is around him, Hovik is always calm. "If I was thinking that way, wouldn't I have nominated someone I knew? One of my friends here? No, think it through, Jurri."

"What if we didn't have a leader, and we got to Froyaheim and I was recognized. How fast can you guys think on your feet and reach a conclusion? We'd have six men with six different answers. And I'd be in chains faster than you could say, "Jurri's beard"."

"And without a leader, who can I trust to protect me? Who here could tell me that they stand for me in Froyaheim? How could I trust them, knowing that any one of the other five could turn against me at any time, and I would be lost."

"From the moment we left the presence of the Daas, I knew my survival depends entirely on us having a leader strong enough to stand against my enemies and to keep this group united. Now that we have such a leader I at least have hope."

"Of Kugald I knew nothing but his name before yesterday. I understand that he may choose the obvious, the simplest, the safest thing, and hand me over immediately upon our arrival. At least I shall know my fate in advance, and can plan accordingly."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Jurri Grebel wrote:
Hovik wrote:
Jurri Grebel wrote:OOC: As Hervold is Neirin's contact, I assume that was directed at him, not Jurri.

That wasn't my point. I'm sure Jurri appreciates his sketches as much as anyone else, but he doesn't know Hervold; Neirin does.

I was using the plural "your", as in, "Ygesdram's Hervold".

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:44 pm

OOC: We haven’t heard from everyone, but it seems we are using NATO rules, i.e. silence equals consent. I think we have given a reasonable amount of time for everyone to register their agreement or disagreement. Since, Martin (Hovik) has proceeded under this premise, I’ll go with the flow.

Kugald nods in thanks for the support of the other members of the band.

Hovik wrote:
"Well, Kugald. As you are now our leader, it's time for your first decision. Did you realize that you are carrying one of Froyby's treasures on this boat? I don't believe your uncle was fully aware of this fact when he dispatched us all. But when we arrive in Froyaheim, it seems quite likely the whatever survivors of Froyby's clan remain, they will demand their treasure back. And you will have to respond."

<snip>

"But I tell you now, I will not go back, and I will not be thrall to anyone - Daas included. Press me on the point and I will remind you that a physician knows a hundred forms of suicide."

Kugald smiles wryly.

“Well played, Hovik. But I will not be rushed into a decision.”

Jurri wrote:

"Good point, Jurri."

“So, Madrin, you are the Wyrdsmaan. What does the law say? We have a runaway thrall in our midst, the property of Froyby branch of Clan Storzar none the less. Must he be returned? Or, if not, under vendetta law, isn’t the injured party entitled to compensation? Weregild. The cost to replace the missing item, in this case, the Thrall Hovik. What would he be worth? 360 – 720d?”

“If the Storzar’s refuse to accept weregild and demand him back, what then? Can we refuse?”

“On the other hand, what if they accept? If I pay his weregild, does that make him my thrall? Horvik has said he will never be a thrall again and would die first. If I buy him, can I free him in return for his repayment to me of his weregild?”

“The law is a sticky thing. Perhaps, Madrin, I should proclaim you as leader?” The weaponcrafter smiles, “But then, you have already said you wouldn’t accept.” Kugald lets out a quiet laugh, "You have already proven you are wiser than I am."

Horvik wrote:
"From the moment we left the presence of the Daas, I knew my survival depends entirely on us having a leader strong enough to stand against my enemies and to keep this group united. Now that we have such a leader I at least have hope."

"Of Kugald I knew nothing but his name before yesterday. I understand that he may choose the obvious, the simplest, the safest thing, and hand me over immediately upon our arrival. At least I shall know my fate in advance, and can plan accordingly."

“Horvik, you underestimate the Daas. Perhaps he knew exactly who and what you are and is sending you to Froyaheim as a present.”

“Never the less, I have no intention of turning over any member of our band to Clan Storzar unless I have no other choice.”

“Madrin, my apologies for impugning your honour. After you reminded me (OOC: which sent me back to reread the scene with the Valhakar), I remembered that indeed, the Daas had entrusted you with the letters. You are a good, honourable man, I should not have spoken so rashly. I, with the support of the others, will ensure you reach Froyaheim safely and can deliver the letters as the Daas commanded. Consider us your ‘escort’. Suitable for a messenger of the Valhakar of Ygesdram, no?”

Kugald extends his sword hand to Madrin, clasping his arm, wrist to wrist, if it is given.

“So, what are we to do about Horvik? I ask for your advice as a wyrdsmaan and as one warrior to another. We aren’t even in Froyaheim yet, and this is already looking like a very interesting trip.”

TTYL

- Kerry Mould
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 am

Hovik inserts a few words into the discussion.

"Yes, please Madrin, explain the legal forms to us. How much would my wergild be? Not that you will pay it. What could the Surenaal do if you refuse - which I am quite sure you will. (I'll explain later.) We all need to know the answers before we arrive."

Watching Hovik you could not guess that he is talking about his own life and death. He seems as much interested in the shape of the sails as he is in the conversation. Of course, those of you who play him at Fox and Geese know that the less interested he seems in the game, the closer his victory usually is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:
“So, Madrin, you are the Wyrdsmaan. What does the law say? We have a runaway thrall in our midst, the property of Froyby branch of Clan Storzar none the less. Must he be returned? Or, if not, under vendetta law, isn’t the injured party entitled to compensation? Weregild. The cost to replace the missing item, in this case, the Thrall Hovik. What would he be worth? 360 – 720d?”

“If the Storzar’s refuse to accept weregild and demand him back, what then? Can we refuse?”

“On the other hand, what if they accept? If I pay his weregild, does that make him my thrall? Horvik has said he will never be a thrall again and would die first. If I buy him, can I free him in return for his repayment to me of his weregild?”

“The law is a sticky thing. Perhaps, Madrin, I should proclaim you as leader?” The weaponcrafter smiles, “But then, you have already said you wouldn’t accept.” Kugald lets out a quiet laugh, "You have already proven you are wiser than I am."

“Madrin, my apologies for impugning your honour. After you reminded me (OOC: which sent me back to reread the scene with the Valhakar), I remembered that indeed, the Daas had entrusted you with the letters. You are a good, honourable man, I should not have spoken so rashly. I, with the support of the others, will ensure you reach Froyaheim safely and can deliver the letters as the Daas commanded. Consider us your ‘escort’. Suitable for a messenger of the Valhakar of Ygesdram, no?”

Kugald extends his sword hand to Madrin, clasping his arm, wrist to wrist, if it is given.

“So, what are we to do about Horvik? I ask for your advice as a wyrdsmaan and as one warrior to another. We aren’t even in Froyaheim yet, and this is already looking like a very interesting trip.”

Madrin holds out his arm and clasps Kugald's profered arm.

"Of course you are forgiven Kugald. I took no real offence" Madrin smiles.

"As to our Hovik problem. There is no guarantee that a weregild will be offered. On that note, there may be no one that actually lays a claim to Hovik. If there is no one alive to claim him, then he is a free man. Of course a period of time must elapse before we can safely say that he is no longer indentured. If the unfortunate event shall arise that someone does rise to claim their thrall, then we are able to offer a weregild, but there is no guarantee that it will be accepted, and further to that, in this instance, a weregild would just be transference of ownership as there is no existing vendetta or blood feud. Of course we can deny them their property and we, or more to the point, the Daas, would incur a vendetta with the owners of Hovik."

"I do not envy the decision that needs to be made, but I would not want to be party to a vendetta. If we were to live by the letter of the law, which I would hope that we would, then if the owners of Hovik's indenture asks for their property back we would have little choice. Let us all hope there is no one here to lay a claim."

Back to top Go down

2 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 2nd Nuzyael

Post  Algared Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:41 pm

OOC: my apologies, I had believed i sent a similar post earlier in the piece but it seems to have failed to go through.

Jurri Grebel wrote:Jurri will be listening to the discussion and glancing at Neirin and Algarad to gauge their reactions. If offered, he will take a piece of sausage and, when there is a pause, ask:

"Friends, while Madrin makes a point in questioning whether there is anything to lead, my experience, limited though it may be says that if there are three individuals they'll be four plans of action without a leader. It is true we carry a message to the Storzers, yet the message has been entrusted to us all, and not merely the carrier of these parchments. Which where as custum decress handed to a wyrdsmen."

Algared pauses briefly before continuing.

"However, just because a wrydsman holds the parchments does not a leader make. I am sure we have each wondered at the reason such a large party has been sent. True we are mere journeymen of our trades, and less likely missed. But then we would have likely desired to advance our crafts beyond the walls of the Thran soon anyway. So I'll wager my cousin the Dass chose those he could afford to loose as to our number, well for a simple delivery task, we are a large band... and so I expect my cousin believed we may encounter trouble. Otherwise he would have merely sent Madrin or some other messenger on the Waverider."

Algared watches each of his compainions letting the them ponder the concept that each has been entrusted with the message as well as the possibility of some endeavour to hinder the delivery of the message.

"Everyone knows of the Daas friendship with the Storzar, and regardless of the message contained in the letters, it is to be expected that the Daas will "Come". It would be equally expected the Daas would send word of his intention. Now pray, place yourself in the Storzars shoes boots if his closest friend sent no word?. Soon to be besieged, if he has no news from his strongest ally he may captipulate. Any messagener from the Daas will draw opposition. Thus if you believe our task is merely a delivery with no danger you are sorely mistaken."

Algared reaches for the bowl and takes a piece of sausage popping it into his mouth and chewing slowly before saying.

"Our Lord has placed two of his kin within the warband to ensure the task was completed for as Daas we will seek to see his wishes carreid out because he is kin and blood, and if we fail then it is clan Daas that will be discredited. Friends, while not seeking to belittle anyone I will stress the point that for us Daas the welfare of our Clan is at stake.

I have not hidden my view as to whom I see the leader of this venture is. Though we are served well in skills, from wyrdsman to hunter and tracker to cook, each has skills to compliment the other. As to a leader of our band it is without doubt Kugald, for as Daas he will support and see our kin's wishes achieved for there is the bond of blood, similarly the disgrace should we fail will fall upon the Daas.. I do not know about the rest of you but I for one would feel morecomfortable with Kugald leading us into battle were it required than say Madrin or myself for that matter....' Algared stops as several turn and seem about to protest, "but each of us whether great in arms or oratory has been deemed essential to the Daas' plans and in ensuring his messages arrive in a timely fashion."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Looking sidelong at Algared, Madrin replies.

"If you had noticed, Algared, that I have not put myself forward, nor would I want to, but your 'faith' in my leadership skills not with standing, I am not surprised you would talk against me at any rate being whose son you are"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next