From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 Peonu 720

+5
Sigrun Surenaal
Algared
Barak Daas
Bjarni Daasen
GM
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

15 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 15 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:20 am

OOC: Sorry if some of this is out of order, I am just catching up with everything that has gone on while I was away. Fletch (Algared) did a good job, but there are a few things I want to add, speaking as Kugald.

[Before the group goes to the meadhall]

Kugald takes Algared aside, “Cousin, I just wanted to thank you for your hard work scrounging and haggling for the supplies. It hasn’t gone unnoticed.”

After debating over what to do about his horse, Kugald decides to wait until the morning.

“Come my friends, let us head off to the meadhall.”

[The group arrives at the meadhall]

Barak wrote:
After they eat Barak turns to Kulgald "I thank you for the loan of your mail. Now we're back and I shan't be fighting in the Daas shieldwall, I would like you to have it back. I know you made it yourself, so it must be precious to you. Plus of course it fits you much better than me. I've cleaned it and have repaired it as best I can. It is in my room if you want it now, or I can take it round to your clanhouse in the morning if you prefer."

OOC: I am a bit confused. I don’t remember Kugald giving Barak a mail shirt. Can someone refresh my memory as to when that happened? (EDIT: Fletch reminded me this happened after the battle of Lihea.)

“Thank you cousin, this is unexpected. You are welcome to keep it if you want. If not I know that Bjarni was looking for some mail. Even one made for me would be a little small for ‘The Sperm Whale’, but if we have a day or two, I am sure I can pull out my weaponcrafting tools and add some new rings to make it fit.”

“What say you Bjarni? Barak has indicated he prefers to fight fast and light and no longer needs this mail shirt. I am a weaponcrafter and can modify it to fit you. As your new Captain, I want to see everyone as well equipped as I can afford. I would be happy to lend it to you until you can pay me for it, or you find something better.

Barak wrote:
"I've also got the byti we took of the messenger in the woods. I don't know what we should do with it. The coin can go in to the ships chest" barak says fishing out fouteen pennies and passing them to Algarad "but as for the rest, I don't know if anyone wants it. If not I suggest giving it to a poor refugee who has nothing of their own. I was think that the two hand axes I've got can go in to the Farvie's in case the mast ever goes by the board and we need to cut it loose fast."

He pauses for a while "Does anyone know what we're susposed to do with the Daas' weapons? I still have nine arrows of his left, and two throwing spears. I also have that vambrace I picked up which I am not sure I need anymore... and a mail hood. The hood is useless on a hunt, or on a boat, and it weights a tun, but I can't really get rid of that till I can get a padded cap to replace it."

“Keep the axes, arrows and spears for the Favrie. I would suggest donating the vambrace and mail hood to Bjarni.”

During the evening meal and drinks, Kugald makes a point of seeking out each of his new companions in turn.

“Sigrun, the Daas has decided we will man a ship for him. In his wisdom, he has appointed me Captain of the fair Favrie. I will be the first to admit I am only a middling sailor, but I believe in this endeavor, my blood ties to the Daas count for more. Despite that, I am no fool and I will be looking to you to guide the ship in our future voyages. I will trust your skill as a pilot to keep us safe and on course. I just want you to know that as your captain, I will limit myself to telling you where I want to go and let you tell me how to get there.

A bit later…

"Bjarni, well met my friend. I am glad you have decided to join our warband. I was just speaking to Sigrun. The Daas has made me Captain of our ship, but I know my limits. I will need a good right hand when it comes to sailing, someone with lots of experience with ships. I am under no illusions as to my own skill at sea. As captain, I will limit my orders to telling you what I want done and let you figure out how best to do it, based on our pilot’s planned course. I will also be relying on your skill as a shipwright to keep our ship ship-shape."

An ale or two later…

"Zeuol, I am sorry we have not had time to get to know each other sooner. I wanted to thank you for your assistance at deciphering the letter we found. It appears we are soon to be off on further adventures. I am very pleased you have decided to join us. I understand you have sailed a bit in the past. I hope you don’t mind crewing the boat. I sense that Algared and you have much in common. I look forward to getting to know you better over time."

After meeting with the new members of the band, Kugald orders another round for the group as they enjoy Jurri’s singing.

Kugald makes a point of not drinking too much and he keeps an eye on the Agrikans.

Last edited by Kugald Daas on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:17 am

In response to Kugald's offer of mail.

"Kugald, I have never owned any armour more stout than my leather jerkin. The mail hood is wonderful, but if you can make mail that fits me I will try it but I fear there may not be enough spare rings in Ygesdram for the job Very Happy"

[OoC - I am size 1.3 (well, maybe if I hold my stomach in)]
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:44 am

Kugald smiles at Bjarni's concern. "Well, my friend, we will see. I will speak with my old master in the morning if I get a chance and see if he can spare some extra bits of mail to expand this shirt to match your sperm whale physique!"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am

I will also be relying on your skill as a shipwright to keep our ship ship-shape."

"Well you had better hope that I know my adze from my elbow then"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am

Time: Mid 6th watch - End 6th watch

Jurri takes up the challenge and clearing a place near the hearth fire he sets himself up. Almost as soon as he breaks into verse you notice Rulin Hourdaren's face change as he recognises who the skald is. He stands but is quickly and subtly restrained by his companions. He resumes his seat but the look on his face tells you he is far from happy.

Jurri recounts some of the battles of the Daas warband on the way to Froyby and then tells of the adventures the warband has had since leading to their return to Ygesdram.

The crowd seems captivated by his every word. There are cheers and the banging of tables when deeds of valour are remembered, there are boos at the mention of the Ibanvaal invaders and there are also moments of silence as Jurri's tale remembers those that have not returned.

With about a half a watch before high Yael, the meadhall has mostly emptied as the patrons return to their abodes. As the warband prepare to leave Gelda stops Barak with a carefully placed hand on his wrist "Before you leave on the morrow, I have not had the chance to thankyou for your gift" she says. She leads Barak away from the rest of the warband. Soon the warband return to their place or rest, those returning to the boat find Algared seated amidships keeping his vigil.

The night is warm with a slight breeze blowing from the south west with the clouds continuing to hide the nights sky.

The warband soon prepare their sleeping spaces and get some rest before the coming dawn.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 am

Kugald Daas wrote:
An ale or two later…

"Zeuol, I am sorry we have not had time to get to know each other sooner. I wanted to thank you for your assistance at deciphering the letter we found. It appears we are soon to be off on further adventures. I am very pleased you have decided to join us. I understand you have sailed a bit in the past. I hope you don’t mind crewing the boat. I sense that Algared and you have much in common. I look forward to getting to know you better over time."

By this time the crew are four to five tankards deep, and Zeuol is clearly showing the effects more then the others. When Kugald talks, the man makes every effort to stiffen up. However, he nods sloppily in response and explains, "Aye, I've shome sailing. Some short distance and shome long. I know the sea well. And part of that is acting as crew, so it does not bother me. I'll speak up when my skills are lacking or when I think I'll fit, but in the end your the captain." He pauses to take a swing, but reconsiders, then looks around him seeing the revelery and decides otherwise.

As Jurri performs, Zeuol clearly enjoys himself - laughing and clanking his tankard on the table hard in cheer. Afterwards he tells the skald, "A fine performance if any I've heard and my clan are Shkalds and Shcribes by trade sho consider that high praise! The crowd moved with your mood and you held them in your palm gently and fiercely when called for. The 'Favrie' will never know a quiet night with you aboard!"
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:45 am

Bjarni leans over to Zeoul and says "You are alright, Zeoul. You worked hard today but I think you do not usually do such work as we did today. Your hands must hurt now."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 am

Once the fate of the chainmail is know, Barak will get the tunic, coif and kurbul vambrace (right) from his chest and on his return pass them on to Bjarni. "I hope the serve you as well as they have served me" he says.

When the others leave Barak accompanies Gelda...

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Kugald takes note of Rulin Hourdaren's reaction and the dact that he is quickly restrained by his companions. He points this out to Borygg. "We had best keep a close watch on our skald until we are safely away from here. That man seems to have a serious dislike for him." Other than that, Kugald does nothing, however he does not drink anymore.

He says farewell to Algared and Barak when they leave.

When Jurri has completed his last encore and returns to the table, Kugald quietly says, "The leader of the Agrikans recognized you. You best stay close until we leave. I don't think he will try anything while you are with the group."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm

When the warband arrive at the Farvie and find Algared keeping watch, he shrugs 'Maybe i'm more like my father than I realised, he'd never leave valuable property unguarded, by himself of his staff." Algared smiles and adds with a knowing chuckle, "besides, the thought of a fully laden boat sitting provisioned seemed like a tempting target, fishing boats have been known to disappear during the night you know."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni leans over to Zeoul and says "You are alright, Zeoul. You worked hard today but I think you do not usually do such work as we did today. Your hands must hurt now."

"I'm not a stranger to labour, but aye I'm not it's lover either.", Zeuol says with a broad grin.
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4