From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3 Nuzyael 720 Empty 3 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 am

During the night a soft rain begins to fall. The temperature drops steadily during the night and the wind picks up to a strong wind from the north west. Those on watch are prompted to close the shutters on the windows as the night wears on.

The warmth of the fire is inviting for those standing watch as near dawn the temperature has become quite
cold.

With the first rays of the sun beginning to peak through the shutters, those of the warband on watch begin to rouse the rest that are still asleep.

You each begin to dress and prepare yourselves for the day's activities. Jurri collects his horseshoe from above the door and the windows to the hall are unshuttered, the day is grey and cold, a light rain still falls.

Across the compound you see through the windows a small entourage of women, they are carrying bowls, jugs, towels, plates and food.

They enter the great hall and place bowls of warmed water on the tables, towels are also provided. They begin to serve up a warm porridge with a variety of dried fruits and a loaf a rye bread each.

One the meal has been laid out all but one of the women leave, the last an attractive women in her mid twenties says "Sir's, my Jarl bids you good morning and hopes that you all slept well. His apologies for not seeing you earlier but there were other pressing matters that needed to be attended too first. He offers you warm water with which to wash and a morning meal is prepared for you all. If there is anything else you need by the King of the Icy Wind you need but ask?"

The lass waits for any requests ((if there are any) if not) she nods her head in understanding and leaves.

Last edited by GM on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

3 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 3 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Kugald crawls out of his bed. His first action is to stick his head into one of the bowls of water to wake himself up. He throws a few logs on the fire and dries off by its warmth with one of the towels provided. Then, he sits down to a quick breakfast. Kugald is quiet and doesn't talk much with the others of a band as he 'shakes out the cobwebs' from his mind.

Woken up and fed, Kugald gets dressed. He puts on his quilt jacket and belts on his sword and dagger. He neatly stacks his pallet and bedding and helps move the tables back into position. All of his remaining gear is put into his leather bag. He stacks his shield and spear with his bag and mentally prepares himself to meet the Valhakar.

His head cleared and raring to go, he walks around chatting with the guys.

"Madrin, how are you feeling my friend? Ready to meet the Valhakar? You are looking more rested than last night."

"Algarad, did you sleep ok? You're looking ugly as ever!"

"Hovik, how are you doing? So far, no one has asked about you. Keep praying to Sarajin, stay low and think good thoughts." Kugald smiles.

Kugald looks at Jurri, who is moving slowly. "Skald, did you manage to get any sleep last night? You look like you spent the night with one of Sarajin's shield maidens and came out on the loosing end!"

Neirin has been up for a while, his gear is packed up and he is sitting quietly munching on a piece of bread. "I see our hunter is ahead of everyone, that is good to see."

The weaponcrafter extends his hand to Thorin, grabbing him by the wrist, he pulls him up to standing and slaps him on the shoulder. "In fighting trim this morning you old bear?"

Looking around at the warband, "I have a good feeling about today. Sarajin is with us. I know it." Kugald closes his eyes and whispers a quick prayer.

He slaps his hands together. "Right, let's hope we can get things going. I don't want to wait all day to meet with the Valhakar."

TTYL

- Kerry Mould
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald looks at Jurri, who is moving slowly. "Skald, did you manage to get any sleep last night? You look like you spent the night with one of Sarajin's shield maidens and came out on the loosing end!"

Jurri stretches and shakes his head. "Aye. I should gladly lose if that were the cause! Sadly, it seems I merely slept poorly."

Jurri privately worries about that. He normally sleeps easily when traveling - an acquired skill. Something about this place disturbs him more than he had realized. He looks around and wonders what events have transpired in this hall to leave such an ill feeling about it.

Clearing his head, he goes about cleaning up and readying himself for the day ahead. By the time he finishes, he will seem much more relaxed and refreshed.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Roused by the ever loud and pompous Kugald, Madrin merely raises an eyebrow at him when he enquiries as to his health. Thinking to himself that it doesnt take much to deliver a message, Madrin wonders if it is just the sound of his voice which enamours Kugald so and keeps his mouth moving.

Moving himself to the bowls, Madrin awakens himself fully and then endeavours to beggar the Storzar's food stores, laying into the meal with gusto.

Madrin looks around at his companions and again wonders at the machinations of the ruling class. Why are they here delivering this message? One saving grace thus far is that no one has laid any claim to Hovik, Madrin searches through the caverns of knowledge in his mind, to discover at which time can they safely say Hovik is a free man. Later, he reprimands himself. Later. First we concentrate on the matters at hand with the Jarl and the message that needs be delivered, then Madrin assures himself that he will put all his attention into keeping Hovik free.

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Soon after your morning meal, Ingolf makes an appearance in the hall, he bids each of you a good morning and hopes that you each slept well despite the discomfort. Once satisfied that you are in need of nothing he too departs the hall, making his way to a building just past the tree under which the five guards are now standing seeking what shelter they can from the rain. The morning passes slowly. The miserable weather seems to dappen the spirits of even the hardiest warrior.

By mid morning your warband is summoned by Ingolf and he bids each of you to follow. From the hall he leads you from the great hall past a well on your left hand side towards a clanhouse he was seen to enter earlier today. You enter the building from the only door on the north west side. Inside you find a woman in her late twenties, an attractive woman and one you all identify as Busla Daas the Valhakars sister, she is seated in a cushioned chair near the hearth fire near the only table in the room. A man in his early teens, you immediately identify as Anders Daas, brother to the Valhakar is also seated at the table with her. A third women sits near Busla, she is in her late teens and of average appearance. She is well dressed none the less.

As you enter the door in the north western wall along the south western wall a hearth burns lowly. Along the north wall a beatiful tapestry hangs from the ceiling to the floor. It depicts the vathran of Ygesdram as seen from the docks towards the thran. A table and 8 stools dominate the centre of the room, several chests decorate the room along with small desk and stool, near the single bed in the south eastern corner. A second tapestry hangs along the south eastern wall near the bed, it depicts snow covered mountains standing beyond the still waters of a lake, the mountains mirrored within the lake waters.

They both stand as you enter the room, Busla offers each of you her hand in greeting. After she has done so, so too does Anders.

"I thankyou for delivering the letter from my brother." she says "it is good to hear from him and know that he is well and thinking of me at times like these." Taking her seat again she offers each of you some mead. Turning to the other woman Busla says "That will be all for now, Kessel, leave us." With a nod of her head the young girl leaves your warband and the others in private, she disappears behind the mountain tapestry, in doing so she reveal another room beyond.

"Last night I penned a reply, would you be so gracious as to deliver it to him on your return."

Anders has remained silent till now when he says "I too bid you welcome to Froyaheim, I only wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. Please I too have penned a reply to my brother, could I to impress upon you to deliver it to him on your return."

You spend the next 1/4 watch or so in conversation with both Busla and Anders. They ask about what has been happening in Ygesdram over the winter and offer some stories of what has been happening here in Froyaheim.

You learn that the warriors of Froyaheim and Froyby have been skirmishing all winter, as yet casualties have been few and far between but the Dagen will soon strike north towards Froyaheim. The vathran is now teaming with refugees from Froyby and it is placing a strain on the resources of the thran. Most of the refugees are being housed within the wallhouse of Froyaheim, others are being billeted by some of the locals and other more wealthy refugees are being housed within the local meadhall.

Last edited by GM on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 pm

GM wrote:
Inside you find a woman in her late twenties, an attractive woman and one you all identify as Busla Daas the Valhakars sister, she is seated in a cushioned chair near the hearth fire near the only table in the room. A man in his early twenties you immediately identify as Anders Daas, a son of the Valhakar is also seated at the table with her.

<snip>

They both stand as you enter the room, Busla offers each of you her hand in greeting. After she has done so, so too does Anders.

OOC: I am basing my actions on my own family and how my cousins and I would act towards each other. They are also based on the close family nature of Menglana clans and society. People live together in common houses. I imagine Busla would be almost like a sister to me, having been raised together our whole life until she went off to be married.

Kugald waits until everyone else has been greeted. When he steps forward, he opens his massive arms. Busla steps into his arms and Kugald gives her a mighty hug and a peck on the cheek. "Busla, well met! It has been far too long. We have missed you in Ygesdram. My mother bid me to convey her greetings and those of all your family. I am so happy to see you again." He steps back and looks her up and down. "My my. Haven't you grown up. You are truly a grown woman now. Married life seems to agree with you." He leans in, and whispers, "Mother would kill me if I didn't ask..." He pauses and looks expectantly towards her stomach, "hmmm... so...." and winks. "Will our Valhakar be an uncle soon?" His cheeky grin is enough to make her blush.

After greeting Busla, Kugald turns to greet Anders. His attitude changes, becoming much more formal, as he accepts his hand. He shakes it firmly, with respect. "Greetings cousin." He looks the young man up and down. "You have grown. You do your father and clan credit. I see you are maturing into a man, and with your father's looks too. It looks like Froyaheim agrees with you too. It is good to see you." He steps back politely.

GM wrote:
"Last night I penned a reply, would you be so gracious as to deliver it to him on your return."

Anders has remained silent till now when he says "I too bid you welcome to Froyaheim, I only wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. Please I too have penned a reply to my father, could I to impress upon you to deliver it to him on your return."

Kugald says nothing. He pointedly looks at Madrin, expecting him to act.

As the conversation turns to what has happened over the winter, Kugald pays close attention, asking a few questions here and there to draw out more detail.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Unsure how to act around the family of the leader of this clan, and also unsure about how they might react to the presence of a tribesman, Neirin sits quietly and listens as news is exchanged concerning the two villages. In his experience, the clan leader always presents herself when visitors arrive. He is still somewhat disgruntled by the secrecy presented by the clan in Froyaheim. Kugald seems friendly enough with them, likely because they are his kin, but Neirin remains wary, and only answers questions if asked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 am

Kugald Daas wrote:

GM wrote:

Anders has remained silent till now when he says "I too bid you welcome to Froyaheim, I only wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. Please I too have penned a reply to my father, could I to impress upon you to deliver it to him on your return."

Kugald says nothing. He pointedly looks at Madrin, expecting him to act.

Madrin catches Kugalds eye. Madrin's ire increases and his thoughts whirl. What does he think I am, his servant. These are his kin and he has not the ability to accept some letters? Only for the 'lesser' members of the band is it? From such a noble and humble weaponcrafter to an arrogant obnoxious psuedo leader.

Disgusted Madrin turns to the Storzar children with a small smile on his face.

"It would be my honour to carry your letters to our clan." Cocking his head ever so slightly. "Might I enquire as to the availability of the Valhakar? I fully comprehend the enormity of the current situations, but my message to him will be swift and would then allow us to not impose upon the generosity of your clan for longer than need be."

Madrin stands hands behind his back awaiting a reply.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 am

Before he can mask it, Kugald thinks he (edit) sees Madrin eyes sending daggers towards him for just a moment, but then it is gone. (edit)

Bloody hell, the weaponcrafter thinks to himself. What does he want? He is the one who understands this chicken scratch on paper (edit). Madrin says he wants to be the one to speak for the delegation, but when the weaponcrafter steps aside to allow him the privileged of carry the return letters back, he becomes angry, though he hides it well. Why is that? He seems to see a slight in every action, an offence in every compliment (out of character information).

Madrin wrote:
"It would be my honour to carry your letters to our clan." Cocking his head ever so slightly. "Might I enquire as to the availability of the Valhakar? I fully comprehend the enormity of the current situations, but my message to him will be swift and would then allow us to not impose upon the generosity of your clan for longer than need be."

Now those are the pretty words of a diplomat, Kugald thinks. Madrin speaks well, as befits his education.

Kugald's mood, buoyed by meeting his cousin, is soured by Madrin's poor humour. The weaponcrafter's body language closes, his arms cross and his eyes narrow.

TTYL

- Kerry

OOC: These are not "Storzar children". Busla is the Storzar's wife and the Daas' sister. Anders is a teenage boy and the Daas' son. He is currently being fostered to the Storzar, and would be a squire in feudal terms.

Last edited by Kugald Daas on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove OOC information)
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 am

Busla steps closer and hands Madrin a folded parchment with a wax seal bearing her personal mark. Anders does likewise. "Thankyou for delivering our mail" she says with a smile.

"I am sorry I have no idea what keeps the Storzar, I do know he is aware of your arrival, he spoke of it to me last night." turning to Anders she says "Can you see what keeps him?"

Anders nods and with a smile says "I shall return soon." with that he turns and leaves, leaving you alone with Busla. Her handmaiden is still in the next room.

"Please sit!" Busla says and with a sweeping motion of her arm says "Please, serve yourselves." indicating the jugs of mead on the table.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 am

Kugald Daas wrote:

OOC: These are not "Storzar children". Busla is the Storzar's wife and the Daas' sister. Anders is a teenage boy and the Daas' son. He is currently being fostered to the Storzar, and would be a squire in feudal terms.

OOC: Ahh my mistake, as Neil can testify I am not all that cognisant of these things. I enjoy the roleplaying, but I would consider myself 'Harn Stupid' Smile

GM wrote:Busla steps closer and hands Madrin a folded parchment with a wax seal bearing her personal mark. Anders does likewise. "Thankyou for delivering our mail" she says with a smile.

"I am sorry I have no idea what keeps the Storzar, I do know he is aware of your arrival, he spoke of it to me last night." turning to Anders she says "Can you see what keeps him?"

Anders nods and with a smile says "I shall return soon." with that he turns and leaves, leaving you alone with Busla. Her handmaiden is still in the next room.

"Please sit!" Busla says and with a sweeping motion of her arm says "Please, serve yourselves." indicating the jugs of mead on the table.

Madrin nods his slightly out of respect "My thanks for your trouble"

Sitting Madrin pours himself a mug of mead, looking around at his fellows. "Anyone else for a drink?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 am

Jurri will have some mead.

"Does the Storzar have any favorite songs or tales?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:14 am

You all sample the mead noting that while still a fine drink it is no where near the quality of the mead brewed by Jabor Daas of Ygesdram.

Turning to Madrin Busla says "So how is my brother? No doubt in a fine mood, given the current situation. So when does he march to Froyaheim?"

and to Jurri she says "Jurri, it is good to see you again, I remember the last time you played our halls, what has become of Magnar Finrikson your master, have you heard of him since you became a journeyman. The Storzar is partial to a fine song and if I recall you have many in your repetior."
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Kugald notes that Busla directed the question to Madrin. He thinks to himself, that was for the best. Madrin is far better at duelling with words. Kugald had passed on the Valhakar's real message, "We come", to Ingolf, who (presumably) had passed it on to the Storzar. But how much did Busla know? Was she in on the deception? Without knowing for sure (and knowing who was listening behind the curtain), Kugald assumed that Madrin would continue to reinforce the deception that the Daas had given us as his 'official' and 'public' message.

GM, 1 Nuzyeal 720 wrote:
Cunate motions your group forward so that you stand with members of the thrangaard seated to your left and right with Cunate directly in front of you. Leaning forward the Daas says "I have an urgent task for you to undertake. With the Leim River now flowing I fear that my friend Storzar will now feel the Ibanvaal boot tread heavy upon his holdings. I will not be able to send aid to him until later in the spring and I fear that by this time it will be to late." he pauses as he casts a look around the assembled thrangaard.

The weaponcrafter pondered the options, concentrating on his 'adequate' mead and keeping his own council. What is the best way to reinforce the deception? Mulling the options, Kugald waits for Madrin to take the lead in navigating through these dangerous political waters.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:05 am

Inclining his head slightly in the direction of Busla, Madrin looks her in the eye before replying. "I would never want to give offence my lady, but we have been ordered to pass on the message directly to the Valhakar. I would not want to disobey my directives nor give offence to Jarl Storzar by revealing the information before we see him." Again giving a slight bow of the head Madrin hopes that his words are enough and will not cause any offence to the wife of the Valhakar.

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 am

"I admire you sense of duty but I question your common sense. You know I am wife to the Jarl of Froyaheim and sister to the Jarl of Ygesdram, I can be trusted with such information but if you wish not to answer then very well, I thought I could ask you how my brother was as you would have the ear of my brothers halls but Madrin as you wish!" she adds with a bit of a scowl.

Turning towards her cousin her mood changes as she puts on a genuine smile "It is good to see you cousin, so tell me how is my brother and what news from Ygesdram!"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Oh crap, thinks Kugald. Scrambling to fill the awkward silence, he says, “Jurri, while we talk would you play us that new tune you learned last summer?”

The weaponcrafter puts on a smile and turns to Busla. “Well cousin, let me tell you…” Kugald goes on to relate most of what is in the campaign background (recent history), concentrating on the comings and goings of life in Ygesdram. He adds a healthy dose of Daas family gossip (i.e. Cousin A is marrying so-in-so… Cousin B is going to have another baby… Cousin C’s eldest broke his leg climbing a tree… etc.). Since he 'loves to hear himself talk,' Kugald spins this out for quite a while.

Turning to young Anders, he says “Your father is well…” Kugald goes on to talk about Cunate’s family, relating stories of the small comings and goings of Anders’ (half) brothers, (half) sisters, his mother and his father’s other two wives.

Kugald does his best to steer clear of the details of the clan’s preparations for war.

By this time, most of the other members of the war band are dozing off, drinking the mead or looking around the hall bored out of their skulls. Thorin and Neirin have even start playing dice.

"Algarad, do you have any other news for our cousin," Kugald asks, stalling for time and hoping the Valhakar will show up before they run out of stories and the topic turns back to the forthcoming conflict.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:Oh crap, thinks Kugald. Scrambling to fill the awkward silence, he says, “Jurri, while we talk would you play us that new tune you learned last summer?”

Algared stiffles a grin and chuckles lightly as Kugald stuggles with the silence then speaks to his aunt and counsin, "Cousin, you know Kugald would rather be training, pounding metal or leading our daring childhood adventures than telling tales of Ygesdram. However, as much as we would like to give you detailed information of our lord Dass plans and the contents of his letters we know them not. just as we do not know what word he sends you or you send him in return." He is about to continue when Kuglad regains his compsure and tells of the very mundane events occuring within the Thran eventually he turns to Algared, who still sits listening to his cousin and enjoying a brief time of pleasure in his Aunt Bulsa and Cousin Ander's company, and says.

Kugald Daas wrote:"Algarad, do you have any other news for our cousin," Kugald asks, stalling for time and hoping the Valhakar will show up before they run out of stories and the topic turns back to the forthcoming conflict.

Taking Kugald's lead Algared tells of his father's successes and calimed failures as a merchant, before moving to the sights and places he saw during his studies retelling some of the more mundane but sprinkled with a touch of the esotericl aspects of his studies, such as how his guild found that cleansing wounds in fresh water can aid the bodies ability to heal. Drifting back he tells how he learnt the basics of piloting though and navigation which he speaks of with a sense of wonder, finally takes the tales back to the meadhall of Ydesdram and of the harshness of the winter and the troubles with the wolves, again like Kuglald he tries to avoid detailing the Thran's preparations for war.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:32 am

As you sit and chat with Busla enjoying the mead and the banter, Anders returns to the clanhouse.

"The thrangaard have gathered in the hall! The Storzar is ready to recieve you" he says "I am to escort you to the greathall" he adds with a certain amount of pride.

So bidding Busla farewell for now, Anders leads you towards the greathall. Leaving Busla's clanhouse the cold bites as you each draw your cloaks closer around your shoulders, the warmth from the hearth fire soon loses the fight to the cold outside air.

It is now nearly midday the rain has stopped, but the grey clouds still hang low in the sky the wind has settle down some but is still blowing in from the north west which also bites through your clothing.

You are lead to the door of the greathall which is closed. Two huscarls stand by the door of the greathall. As you approach they disarm each of you (custom) before you are allowed to enter. Anders knocks on the door, opens the portal and announces to those assembled inside "Jarl Storzar, my I admit the embassy from Jarl Daas of Ygesdram!"

The Storzar nods his head in acknowlegdement and Anders ushers you into the greathall.

The Storzar sits in his high seat while seated at the first two tables are the thrangaard from Froyaheim and the surrounding Storzarlund. Seated at the last two tables is another group of men, they are sitting in silence.

With the warband gathered in the area just in front of the Storzar he opens the dialogue "Well met, what news do you have from the Daas."
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 am

Kugald Daas wrote:Scrambling to fill the awkward silence, he says, “Jurri, while we talk would you play us that new tune you learned last summer?”

Of course, Jurri will oblige Kugald's request. As he's been to Froyaheim before, he will call upon his memory of any favorites from past visits and happier times. He plays lightly enough to not interrupt the conversation, but enough to fill any awkward moments.

When we are summoned to the greathall, Jurri will gladly surrender whatever weapons he has (though he won't draw attention to the horseshoe if the guards don't search him for it). He will hopefully be allowed to retain his instrument in case the Storzar demands a performance.

Inside, he will nod, bow, kneel (whatever the custom is, when before a powerful lord), but maintain his silence until others have a chance to speak.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:01 pm

GM wrote:
You are lead to the door of the greathall which is closed. Two huscarls stand by the door of the greathall. As you approach they disarm each of you (custom) before you are allowed to enter.

Kugald hands over his sword (and dagger too if asked) without any fuss, as is the custom.

GM wrote:
Anders knocks on the door, opens the portal and announces to those assembled inside "Jarl Storzar, may I admit the embassy from Jarl Daas of Ygesdram!" The Storzar nods his head in acknowlegdement and Anders ushers you into the greathall. The Storzar sits in his high seat while seated at the first two tables are the thrangaard from Froyaheim and the surrounding Storzarlund.

Kugald moves forward, taking care to stay level with Madrin. He keeps his head up and walks confidently into the room. When he reaches a polite distance in front of the Storzar’s high seat (a couple of sword lengths away), Kugald stops and bows his head politely (the same courtesy he has seen many other messengers accord the Daas in his hall).

GM wrote:
Seated at the last two tables is another group of men, they are sitting in silence.

Kugald tries to get a better look at these strangers as he walks forward, without being too obvious. Are they members of Clan Surenaal from Froyby he wonders? (OOC: Would there be anything that would indicate they are? Badges or heraldry of some sort?)

GM wrote:
With the warband gathered in the area just in front of the Storzar he opens the dialogue "Well met, what news do you have from the Daas."

The weaponcrafter holds his tongue and waits for Madrin to speak for the embassy.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:30 am

GM wrote:As you sit and chat with Busla enjoying the mead and the banter, Anders returns to the clanhouse.

"The thrangaard have gathered in the hall! The Storzar is ready to recieve you" he says "I am to escort you to the greathall" he adds with a certain amount of pride."

Algared bids fairwell to his Aunt and rises strightening his best tunic and donning his cloak, in an endeavour to appear mor fomally dressed and not show disrespect to the storzar Jarl, as the group walks to the greathall algared says silent prayers of thanks to sarajin, for although the sun is high the chill wind still manages to bite through and chills especially after the warmth of longhouse where they had been entertained.

Approaching the greathall Algared notices the pride Ander's has, 'does he believe we bring news that we march to the jarl's side?' Algared hopes the messages they bring will not cause the young man to feel shamed.

As he reaches the entrance of the greathall he opens his arms showing the guards he is unarmed. He waits as his companions surrender their weapons and follows Anders into the Hall, having noticed Kugald had stood to the right of Madrin Algared walks to Madrin's left adding a symetry and to the presentation.

Algared Noticed the the two tabbles of men seated near by but clearly nt part of the Thrangaad, and wonders "who are these men, are they merchants and others of Froyahein, the remnats of Froyby's Thangaard or emmessaries from the Ibanvaal invaders seeking to cow the Storzars into surrendering", he looks seeking some sign as to their identity or guild as the Daas delegation draws nearer. Having seen other delegations being presented to the Dass, Algared manages to stop level with Kuglad and Madrin, bowing as is customary and remaining silent. When the Storzar initates the dialogue he waits allowing Madrin to offer the appropriate greetings and deliver the dispaches they bring.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:08 am

Thorin disarms, then follows his companions into the hall.
He bows, as custom dictates, then takes a comfortable stance behind the speakers.
He too wonders about the men at the table....and hopes to get a good read of the Storzars character.

Should he offer his aid to the Storzar in hopes of victory over Ibanvaal and booty, loot and pillage....?

Probably not the most appropriate time....

Thorin Sighs, almost imperceptibly, then fixes his gaze on the Storzar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 am

Handing over his weapons to the door guards, Madrin enters noticing that Kugald is standing right beside him. Perplexing to say the least. Is he exhibiting some sort of dominion over me, or standing as my equal? Who is to say thinks Madrin.

Moving forward you notice the other people seated at the tables and wonder who they may be.

You bow your head politely at almost exactly the same time as Kuglad.

Stepping forward, Madrin reaches into his tunic and produces the letter from the Daas. "Jarl Storzar, my Jarl bids me deliver this letter on his behalf." Madrin offers the letter to the Storzar.

Last edited by GM on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by GM as I am trying to keep the game moving...)

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 pm

The Storzar allows Madrin close enough to deliver the letter. Breaking the wax seal, Erling Storzar carefully reads the letter to himself. His look changes from good humour to one of controlled anger. "Get them out." he growls through his teeth.

"Anders, take them back to Busla's clanhouse NOW!" he orders.

With that Anders steps forward towards your warband and leads you out of the hall towards Busla's clanhouse.

As you gather your weapons and walk away certain yells from the thrangaard can be heard "Traitor!", "Coward!" are among those you hear being called.

Anders leads you across the compound and back to Busla's clanhouse where you are shown inside. The room is as it was, with Busla still seated in her chair.

As you enter she greets you "How did you go?"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next