From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Peonu 720

+6
Sigrun Surenaal
Bjarni Daasen
Eijryk Orbaason
Kugald Daas
Algared
GM
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

20 Peonu 720 Empty 20 Peonu 720

Post  GM Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The night remains peaceful and the weather fine for the warband.

The first to arise this morning, even before Nolomar is Eijryk, his nights rest was not as good as he had hoped for. The excitment of the coming journey and the worry of not wanting to miss his departure time meant a restless night. However, despite his lack of sleep he rises and prepares himself for the new day.

With the first rays of Nolomar signalling a new day both Algared and Bjarni rise for the morning.

With Nolomar now visible in the morning sky the rest of the warband are awoken by the serving staff of the meadhall as they quickly go through the well practiced routines of setting up the hall for the coming days patrons and with a now well practiced routine each member of the warband prepares themselves for the new day. They are offered a bowl of water to wash the sleep away when they are awoken. As each goes through their routines the door to the hall opens and in steps Eijryk dressed and ready for travel by the look of him - despite the look that he has not slept at all last night.

Quickly gathering your things and returning your sleeping gear you head back down to the docks. There you see there are several other vessels making ready to sail as well.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

20 Peonu 720 Empty Re: 20 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:31 am

Algared prepares rations form the boats stores to break both his and bjarni's fast once he has refreshed himself. he will then assist Bjarni getting the farvie ready to leave the docks and harbour as soon as the warband arrive.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Kugald goes around making sure everyone is awake. Then, he packs up his gear and heads down to the Farvie. Once his gear is stowed, he begins assisting Bjarni and Algared readying the boat for a departure with the tides.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Eijryk is dressed in a bit sturdier clothes than last night, yet he is clean and his hair and beard seems in very good condition. He carries two leather bags, one smaller on his back and a larger one slung over his shoulder. He also carries his spear and shield.

"Looks like a fine day for travelling.", he says when he greets his new companions at the Warboat.

As they get down to the boat he introduces himself to Bjarni and Algared. He shakes their hands and seems a bit impressed by Bjarni's incredible size and strength.

While they start to prepare for the departure Eijryk approaches Sigrun and asks her with a smile "You are sure this boat will carry us all I hope?"

Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 pm

"Stranger, if we were in the open sea we would be feeding Njehu's kin. She is overloaded for sure but for the little jaunt up this fjiord she will not ship too much water. I hope you know how to bail."

Bjarni sniffs the air. "is that perfume I smell?"

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Stranger, if we were in the open sea we would be feeding Njehu's kin. She is overloaded for sure but for the little jaunt up this fjiord she will not ship too much water. I hope you know how to bail."

Algared looks at Bjarni as he speaks about the Farvie being overladen, and then towards the stranger and decides Bjarni is jesting.
"He is jesting, we aren't overloaded we still have around 2 ton of stowage available even after taking you aboard as a passenger. Greetings and well met, I am Algared Daas one of the Daas first cousins. On the Farvie I act as ships purser and cook."

[OOC: updated the Farvie roster to account for 9 crew/passengers (4.5 ton) stores and spares account for 1.5 ton thats 6 ton of the total 8. There are still 2 ton available before we are equal to gross burthern- The Farvie is not overburdened, although she may seem crowded]

Last edited by Algared on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting a fragmented sentence)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:30 am

Time: Mid 2nd watch

A light wind blows from the north west, it will make putting to sea difficult but once at sea it shall be 'plain sailing' home. The temperature remains cool, however, there should be no rain to make the journey any more uncomfortable. The clouds hide most of the sky from view as Nolomar struggles to fight its way through them to light the day.

With the warband gathered at the dock the 'favie' is made ready to sail. Everyone's gear is stowed away so that it will be as sheltered from the elements as possible under canvas tarps. Bjarni wander the deck as the crew go about the work seemingly watching every move. Kugald and Sigrun stand at the stern, the tiller tucked under Sigruns arm as she casts a watchful eye to the sky.

"The day is good one for sailing" she says to Kugald "the winds favour us and the seas are not to rough"

GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:28 am

"Eijryk, there's plenty of room", she pauses, "but if it's a problem, the law of the sea dictates that passengers are thrown overboard first." Sigrun cannot maintain a straight face for long and her laugh betrays the jest.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:21 am

Eijryk laughs with both Sigrun and Bjarni at their jests. "I would gladly volunteer for you.", he says looking at them with a smile, but he also bows to Sigrun.
He then moves closer to Bjarni and whispers to him "Perfume? I thought that was her farting!" he points discreetly towards Sigrun. He looks seriously but blinks at the big guy before moving on to help with the work.

After he has stowed away his possessions where it seemed appropriate he starts looking for where his help is needed most. He has worked on a ship before so he knows the basics of seamanship, eager to show that he is not just a passenger.

He speaks a little with Algared while they are at work. "So you are on your way home then. How closely related are you and Kugald?" He likes to converse but seems genuinely interested and keeps asking about where they have been before they came to Vulenheim and what they know about the war in the east.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Once everyone is aboard and all the gear is safely stowed, Kugald calls out "Everyone to their oar." He looks to Sigrun. "Cast off when ready, pilot."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:
After he has stowed away his possessions where it seemed appropriate he starts looking for where his help is needed most. He has worked on a ship before so he knows the basics of seamanship, eager to show that he is not just a passenger.

He speaks a little with Algared while they are at work. "So you are on your way home then. How closely related are you and Kugald?" He likes to converse but seems genuinely interested and keeps asking about where they have been before they came to Vulenheim and what they know about the war in the east.

Algared speaks as they work, "Well, We're cousins, I'm the brains and he's the brawn, as for the war in the east. It's savage and bloody, but for a proper telling of the events you'll need to ask our Bard." Algared looks over Eijryk, and adds "You don't have the look of a warrior about you and while you have my name I am at a disadvantage." Algared listens as the newest member abord the Farvie introduces himself. When Eijryk mentions his profession, a frown creases Algared's brow. "Well i'm sure you're skill will be valuable."

As the trip continues Algared asks about Eijryk's travels and generally tries to be friendly.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 am

Time: Mid 2nd watch - End 4th watch

Kugald orders the crew to the oars, Eirjyk sensing a chance to prove his talents to the group takes the oar off Algared as they chat, despite Algared protests Eirjyk insists so in the end Barak, Zeoul, Borygg and Eijryk take to the oars. Sigrun orders the boats lines removed and Algared and Jurri move both fore and aft to remove the lines which hold the boat fast against the dock.

Now free the oarsmen take over as they propel their boat towards the open sea.

The boats progress is aided by the ebbing tide and deftly Sigrun guides the small boat through Bjan's cove and past Riss rocks, with the beacon lights now extinguished.

Clearing the enclosed waters the boat breaks free into the Voldfjord, the order to bring in the oars could not come soon enough for Eijryk and Zeoul who are not as attuned to the physical work yet. While Borygg and Barak do not seem to strain as much but the beads of sweat upon their brows tell it differently. Bjarni wanders the deck of the small boat keeping a watchful eye on the oarsmen.

Sigrun orders full sail to be made and Algared and Jurri set to unfurling the sail while the others stow their oars. Bjarni tilts his head towards the sail as he watches it catch the wind then turning to Algared and Jurri orders a few slight corrections to the sails trim before allowing them to tie the lines off.

Then the crew settle in to enjoy the ride, with only slight corrections to the sails trim required every now and then the crew enjoy the morning on the water. The spray of the ocean is some what refreshing this morning but as the sea water dries off it begins to leave that familiar feeling of dried salt on your faces.

The traffic along the river does not seem to have abated at all there is still a steady and constant flow of sea traffic plying its way in both directions. The vessels vary from the smaller fishing vessels upto the more impressive longboats and knarrs going about the business of the owners and Valhakars.

By high sun the boat has left the Voldfjord entered the smaller Leim River, although its width is still considerable it somehow seems confining now compared to the vast Voldfjord and Leimenfjord. Sigrun orders the sail reduced to half sail. Slowing the boats progress now the spray from the bow ceases and the boat settles into a cruise as it cuts its way through the water.

The level of traffic seems to remain unchanged until you reach the thran of Myna. East of this port there is a considerable drop in the number of vessels. There are vessels heading west that seem to be carrying refugees of the war, while those few heading east seem low in the water carrying supplies to the armies fighting against the Ibanvaal invasion.

By the end of the 3rd watch the boat and its crew have passed the head of the Imua River and have turned towards the east and home. Sigrun casting her eye to the west decides that there is daylight enough to make Ygesdram and home.

The familiar skyline of Ygesdram can soon be seen to the east. The first sight to greet them is the impressive fleet of the Storzar, some half dozen or so longboats with nearly a score of warboats are moored in and around the thran, the guardtower atop the thranholds wall is the first familiar sight to greet the warband followed by the docks and the surrounding buildings. Nearing the thran you notice that the Daas has gathered together his fleet in your absence and moored in and around the docks are some 2 longboats and 9 warboats.

Making your way through this sizeable fleet you eventually bring your boat ashore on the beach where it is tied off and secured before finally setting foot on home soil (for some of you) at last....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:41 am

Looking at the gathered fleet Bjarni will comment that "for all that The Farvie is a sturdy craft, we should be crewing one of those dragons"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 am

"Welcome home, Captain. Back on the 20th, just as you asked for." Sigrun looks at the assembled boats and adds, "I have the feeling we won't be staying long."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:05 am

"Back in time to kick the Ibanvaal dogs out of Menglana I hope." Algared says in response to Sigrun's comment. To Bjarni, Algared adds, "in a sea battle we'd be on the flanks we may not be as great a craft like them dragons, but what ever happens we'll do as our Daas asks... but non the less it is a fine sight."
As they work closer to the shore Algared turns to Kugald, "Well hopefully our mission is deemed successful, might be worth changing and cleaning up now so you may visit take news of the mission to the Daas directly and hopefully avoid any delays"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:07 am

During the march at sea Eijryk talks to most of the others, trying to get to know them better. He tells them of his own trip and stay in Harn where he learnt his trade from an Ivinian master. He listens interestedly to the stories the others have to offer, especially when telling about the war.

When they approach Ygesdram he stands silently watching the line of the thran nearing and the amount of warships docked in the waters. "It seems like they are all gathered here. Are they preparing for a counterattack or are they retreating?"

After they have come ashore he turns to Algared and Kugald. "I have a message for the Storzar. I wouldn't mind joining you when you deliver your news. However I won't say no to cleaning up first though", he says and moves his hand through his hair to dry off some of the saltwater.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 pm

"Well done Sigrun. We are back and as promised. I am sure the Daas will be pleased."

"Eljryk, you are welcome to join us as we deliver the King's message."

Kugald lets Bjarni oversee the securing of the boat. Once everything is secure, he invites everyone to come with him to the Daas' great hall. "This is momentous news, I am sure the Daas will be very pleased."

He hurries up the hill to the great hall. "I must see the Daas immediately, I have urgent news from the King's court in Pelyn."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 pm

As bjarni oversees the mooring of the farvie, Algared ensures his cousin changes into a fresh tunic washes his face and hands and combs his hair.
I hope it's momentous news. Still it would have been more fortutitous had the king acted and sent aid sooner then we may not have suffered so much loss Algared thinks to himself as the warband prepare to head up to the thran. With so many refugees and others Algared decides someone should remain and ensure their possessions and the boats stores are secure. Besides i'm sure the Daas will look more favourably upon the news than if I'm present. If I am I'll likely be cursed for not having magically caused the king to sail before we marched over the pass. And against whom does the king march, against the invader or the traitor? Only time will tell. Algared ponders, before saying he'll remain with the boat.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Barak watches Algared ministrations to Kulgald with some amusement. Glad that he isn't subject to the same, he just brushes off his tunic and ambles after the pair, absent mindedly cleaning his finger nails with his knife as he goes.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Bjarni will ask whoever of the group is listening "Does anyone know what is in the message from the King?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 pm

"You were there Bjarni, Wolfgang gave Kugald the message and said verbally, "We go to war." As to the exact content or instructions your guess is as good as mine.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:30 pm

"I must have missed that. But with so little love lost between the King and the Storzar, I wonder if 'we are going to war' is a good thing or not. Do you trust the Stahler?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:38 am

Jurri will keep the message in hand at this stage. (ooc: Is it a scroll, rune stick, or something else? How is it sealed, if at all?)

Post by GM The message is encased in a waxed sealed scroll case
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Kugald waits impatiently for access to the Daas. He notes that Jurri has got it out. "I hope it says what was implied when it was given to us. And, I hope it is not too late."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Time: Mid 4th watch

The warband makes their way from the beach after spending a few moments to clean the sea salt from their faces and change some of their clothing. Walking from teh beach upto the thranhold you notice a different feel to the thran. It is hard to determine what is different but there is certainly a different feel about the thran.

The market is still open as you push through the crowd, there are many familiar faces in the crowd but there are many that you do not recognise. There are the usual traders with their stalls erected with most in their familiar places, there is a calming feeling as you moving through the market noting that life still seems to be moving along despite the threat of immenant invasion.

Leaving the market square you make your way up the hill, with Kugald declaring to the guardsman that he has a message from the King they are admitted into the thranhold without delay. There within the fortifications are the familiar clanhouses and people of the thran, going about their normal daily routines.

You are shown into the greathall and there is but a short wait before both the Storzar and the Daas enter, both enter with an entourage, there are some familiar faces in the crowd, Madrin is there - in his arms he carries an assortement of parchments. Thaldirs Daas is among the crowd his right upper arm is heavily bandaged and Kugald's brother is also among the crowd.

The Storzar and Daas move quickly to take their seats the assembled crowd fan out to take up seats around the hearth fire as well.

After the warband offer the appropriate greetings the Daas says "You have a reply?"

GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next