From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 Peonu 720

+6
Eijryk Orbaason
Borygg Raal
Algared
Bjarni Daasen
Barak Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

28 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 28 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm

With a tankard of mead in his gut, Bjorn's nerves finally settle down a bit, and he begins to appear more comfortable around the strangers in the hall. Slamming his now empty tankard on the table, he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and turns toward Bjarni, speaking somewhat louder than before.

"Shield wall, now tha' sounds like a good time, 'tis been a while fo' me since I've bin part of one of those. Its jus' too bad tha' the enemy is hidin' in the woods; but wit' a bit of work, per'aps they could flushed out. Can' stay hidden in there forever you know."

The bear of a man lifts his tankard to get another drink, then frowns sadly when he remembers its empty, he turns the tankard upsidedown and shakes it a few times. "Now isn't tha' jus' how things normally go. Jus' when you're beginnin' to enjoy yourself, the fun done runs out." Lift his head away from the empty tankard, he returns the conversation back to whaler. "'Bout us now, we jus' got off the boat not too long ago, we did. Went to see the Valhakar, but apparently he was too busy an' all, 'spose we'll 'ave to wait fo' tomorrow b'fore we can see 'im. An' I don' know tha' much 'bout back home. I spent most of my time in the mountains runnin' trap lines, I bet you one of my friends could tell you more 'bout tha'."

Setting his tankard down, the large man lifted his eyes, searching for someone that might be able to give him a refill.
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:09 pm

While the bear is distracted looking for a serving girl, Bryndis will slyly reach over and pour some of her own mead into his tankard. Then, as if she's done this many times before, she will draw his attention to his drink again.

"I see the 'Black Carrion' are here. I assume by their lodgings" gesturing in the general direction of the greathall, "that they'll be fighting for Daas?"
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

"Those sell swords from Harn? No one here knows much about them. Surly bunch and not very talkative.

Anyways, Come and let me introduce you to the others. We crew a small fishing tub here, but I have hopes of something better before too long - either given by the hand of the Daas or rieved from the hand of the Dagen."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Bjorn lowered his head and grunted in frustration at not being able to get the attention of any serving girls. Turning his head forward, he noticed that his tankard was no longer empty. With a huge grin, he lifted it with one hand and took a long drink, then wiped his beard clean with the sleeve of his shirt. Turning to Bjarni, he responded:

"The others eh? This 'ere hunter one of those others?" Not waiting for a response, he took another drink and then poked the whaler in the chest. "Say, did I ever tell you what I think 'bout them hunters? Bunch of fools if you ask me, traipsin' through the forests tryin' ta hunt down who knows wha'. Tha's where trappers got 'em beat, ya see, we set up our snares an' all and then wait fo' the animals ta come to us!"

The large man laughed loud as if he'd just told a funny joke, a low guttural sound from deep in his throat, then slapped his new friend on the back and stood up. He drained his tankard and then slammed it down on the table. "Now then, lets go meet these others tha' you speak of."
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Bryndis will also stand to follow, being sure to pick up both her and Meldun's drinks.
As she moves, she'll be sure to catch Meldun's eye (or keep an eye out for him) so that he'll know to join them across the room.

If she can also catch the attention of a serving girl, she'll order food and indicate that Bjorn wants his tankard filled.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 am

As Bjarni starts and the female warrior rises to follow, Algared raises his tankard in greeting as they move towards the table that Zeoul, Sigrun, Borryg and he still share with Jurri who continues to play.

"Greetings friends" he says and rises briefly "please do join us and enjoy our skald's music." With a chuckle he adds once all have seated, "you are becoming a fisher of men Bjarni."

"I am Algared Daas, first cousin of the Daas. So you answered the call? Good, I feel we will soon need all the warriors or able bodied we have. And you would each be called?"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:49 am

At Algared's greeting and invite to join them, Bryndis will look around again to find Meldun. She'll try to sit with a view of the room, so she can watch for his return from his task.

"I am Bryndis, from Marby in Orbaal. My bear of a companion is named Bjorn, and the priest", gesturing to the meadhall in general "is called Meldun, also from Marby. We've come to see what honor we can find on the field of battle, assuming the Daas will have us."
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:08 am

"As it happens this small band has recently lost it's warriors. Other duties required their skills." Algared says. "so we will are in need of some skilled in such. Though I doubt if you seek glory in a shield wall we'd be to your liking since with a few skilled archers and trackers, a pilot, physician, scholar and myself we are not what many would consider a regular warband. You were saying a priest of Sarajin is amongst your number."

Algared considers the three. Likely companions who would work together well but may not fit in well with a regular war and, especially with a shield maiden amongst them. If spies better to keep them close but their ship only docked recently so that is unlikely. And three more would raise the band to nine. Not to mention a priest could help them ensure they walked the Ljarl, or help ensure they regained the path if they stumbled.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 am

Barak listens to the conversation for a while before again speaking to the hunter: "My name is Barak. Some call me the Quick. But I am from clan Daas. I am a hunter. The hunter from around here. You may here stories of how I captured a thran single-handed, or the long trek I lead through enemy lands past ghosts, packs of wargs and the Dagens patrol. Unbelievable. But true. If you want a fight you've come to the right place. The Dagen made a mistake when he threatened Daaslund and we will teach him a lesson he'll not forget. We're looking for good scouts, you look like you might make the grade. Come, your companions are making the way over to my table to join my friends. I call it my table, though it isn't, since we sit there so often. I live here in the meadhall and there are few who would challenge me for the table, or the serving wench." (he gestures towards Gelda).

When Barak joins the table he will say: "What is this about us having lost our warriors, Algared? Bjarni, Borygg and I remain, and we are a match to any here."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 am

Bjarni takes Bjorn's jibe about hunting with good humour.
"Well your snares would avail you little hunting Njehu's children. For that you need a strong throwing arm and the courage of Srajin himself."

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 am

"Glory comes as it does. I spoke of honor. We hope to prove our worth before Sarajin, in whatever he may direct us. Meldun is speaking to the proprietor about lodging. I'm sure he'll join us shortly."
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:31 am

To Algared Barak says "Are you sure we want a trapper" (he shakes his head in mock disgust) "and a preacher? I remember the last preacher we had. And I won't be mourning Kelsi either. I think we need them then I won't gainsay you, but we should see how good they are first. If I am to put my life in to their hands, then I want to see how they preform on the training grounds tomorrow." He smiles "But if they bring the skills that I think they may do, then I will welcome them in to my hall tomorrow night." he pauses slightly, then continues "It would be hard for me not to, since Jabor lets anyone in who has money to spend on mead or girls."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 am

"The hunter eh? Now tha's quite the boast there; I'd like ta see you action sometime, per'aps I could learn a thing or two. I'm more of a trapper myself, waiting for my prey to come ta me an' all, so I don' know how good I'd be trackin' down spies. It sure does sound like fun though.

Reaching the table, he introduces himself and considers for a second slowing down on the drinking. Then throws that absurd idea out the window and orders up another tankard of mead.

"Workin' wit' the lot of you does soun' like fun, you've given us a right warm welcome, you 'ave. But we've yet ta see the Valhakar, an' who knows what he's got in mind for us." He eyes Algared before continuing, "per'aps you bein' his cousin and all, could put in a good word for us?"
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 am

He eyes Algared before continuing, "per'aps you bein' his cousin and all, could put in a good word for us?"

"Here we go with the oaths and all," Bjarni mutters into his tankard.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:57 am

Barak Daas wrote:

When Barak joins the table he will say: "What is this about us having lost our warriors, Algared? Bjarni, Borygg and I remain, and we are a match to any here."

"I was referring to those who like to be clad in metal when they they fight cousin, you can't be the hunter, the warrior, the lover and boomers knows you'll want to be the mystic and the healer next." Algared laughs, "but when it comes to fighting I do want as many as possible holding our line.. Still that being said, it would still be poor form to accept any to this war band before they have even sen our Valhakar. But given our diverse make-up I think a few more to bolster our ranks would be very beneficial."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:
He eyes Algared before continuing, "per'aps you bein' his cousin and all, could put in a good word for us?"

"Here we go with the oaths and all," Bjarni mutters into his tankard.

"Yes Bjarni, I suppose it will. But equally my oath to you all, made along with Kugald's stands, I will fight and use all in my power to assist you while campaign together in this war against the Ibanvaal invader." Algared then adds, "if your foot bothers you I have a treatment I have learned. I can apply it if you like." Algared shrugs "though you'd need to get your foot wet."

Turning to Bryndis and Bjorn Algared says, "We fight for our survival against ravenous and deceitful cur. With so many strangers abiding amounts us it is natural that an oath will be sought. Though you are welcome to come join me tonight but you could come join me tonight."

As Algared sits he ponder's the Reason Jabor's girls came to their table tonight, was he hoping they would seek to gather information from the band through his girls giving attention to the various members? and if information was being passed then an ale house would be an a deal location to do so.

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 am

So the evening passes into night.

The sounds of heavy rain can be heard falling outside and as it spits upon the hearth fire as it falls through the smoke hole in the ceiling.

The hall if full of banter and good humour, Jurri continues to play his lyre and once prompted breaks into song and verse, but with his journey about to commence on the morrow he finally bids each of you a good night and a farewell until next you meet.

As the night wears on the numbers in the hall continue to dwindle as first the locals then the visitors head of to their lodgings, until there are just your group and two smaller groups (one group of 3 and another of 4) sitting quietly chatting as they share an ale with each other.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:23 am

Algared bids Jurri good eve and after quietly talking a moment excuses himself, "Well I am headed off as well, he looks to the table and says. "Those inneed of a place to sleep you are welcome to come and share what hospitality I can offer."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:02 am

Yes Bjarni, I suppose it will. But equally my oath to you all, made along with Kugald's stands, I will fight and use all in my power to assist you while campaign together in this war against the Ibanvaal invader."

"As does mine to you and Kugald and the others of our crew. All this talk of oath swearing leaves me thirsty. Girl! More Ale."

Algared then adds, "if your foot bothers you I have a treatment I have learned. I can apply it if you like." Algared shrugs "though you'd need to get your foot wet."

"Yes well as long as we do not have to run anywhere I should be fine so I for one would be happy if the battle was not joined for a day or two"
"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Barak enjoys the small talk for a while, before asking Bryndis, as the most sober looking, "How do you say 'Hello' in Orbaal?"

Post by GM And so Barak spends some time learning some basic Orbaalese from Bryn
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:11 am

Not long after the two groups have introduced themselves a sweating Meldun joins the group.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 am

"My friends, I see you guarded our table well! How easily you lost our ground. For the Dass' sake, I hope our success on the battlefield fares better than this meadhall." Meldun almost laughs as he reaches the end of his berating, but holds it together.

Seeing his tankard next to Bryndis, Meldun quickly lifts it to his lips and drinks the rest down. Wiping his chin with his arm, he quickly eyes the others at the table.

"Well met. Anyone Bryndis and Bjorn are willing to drink with I consider friends. I am Meldun Jarlaka, meager servant of Sarajin." Meldun makes eye contact with each at the table and offers a bow of respect to each. Then addresses his comrades.

"As promised, lodging has been secured. Jabor Daas has graciously allowed us stay here in his meadhall. And since Bjorn has been busy with his mead, I have brought our sea chests here." He winks at the large man, who blushes quickly and easily.

"Now, where can a man find a drink and some food. I am famished!"
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:56 am

Meldun Jarlaka wrote:"My friends, I see you guarded our table well! How easily you lost our ground. For the Dass' sake, I hope our success on the battlefield fares better than this meadhall." Meldun almost laughs as he reaches the end of his berating, but holds it together.

Seeing his tankard next to Bryndis, Meldun quickly lifts it to his lips and drinks the rest down. Wiping his chin with his arm, he quickly eyes the others at the table.

"Well met. Anyone Bryndis and Bjorn are willing to drink with I consider friends. I am Meldun Jarlaka, meager servant of Sarajin." Meldun makes eye contact with each at the table and offers a bow of respect to each. Then addresses his comrades.

"As promised, lodging has been secured. Jabor Daas has graciously allowed us stay here in his meadhall. And since Bjorn has been busy with his mead, I have brought our sea chests here." He winks at the large man, who blushes quickly and easily.

"Now, where can a man find a drink and some food. I am famished!"

"Lost ground, oh no n ay friend they merely found a position that more stategically placed to enjoy a fine Skald and company." Algared says as he fingers his amulet.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:40 am

"Perhaps we got bored of waiting for you to return, and found better company." After a short pause, she continues... gesturing around the table.

"Meldun, this is Algared Daas, first cousin to the Valhakar. This is Bjarni called Sperm Whale, from Daasen... in Orbaal." She will continue around the table, introducing Barak, Zeoul, Sigrun, Borryg and Jurri (assuming they're each still at the table). "They've offered us hospitality, and hope to see our skills on the practice field tomorrow."
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 am

"Thank you for the introductions, Bryndis. Daas willing, I look forward to testing my skill on the practice field, as well." Meldun takes a seat next to Bjorn and joins in the conversation, making small talk and offering antecdotes of life in Orbaal. After a couple more drinks and a hearty meal, Meldun will excuse himself to go pray and prepare himself to meet the Daas.
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next