From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Sarajun 720

+2
Bjarni Daasen
GM
6 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

16 Sarajun 720 - Page 9 Empty Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:53 am

[[BACKTRACKING FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY]]

Algared wrote:But anyway in regards to recruits you have heard of the Ravens, they are from Harn as well arent they, what can you tell us about them Bryn?"

Bryndis will think for a moment before replying. "Well, I've never encountered them personally... at least not until I saw them arrive her in Orbaal... but I've heard they're an experienced group of mercenaries who only take experienced fighters. They're actually called the Black Carrion, and I've heard that they're mostly from around Orbaal, which would explain why they've come to fight. If there were some who perhaps wanted to stay closer to this area, instead of moving with the rest of the group, I suppose we could try recruiting..." She'll let the thought trail off. Now that she's considered it more, it's unlikely any would want to join their little group...
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:[[BACKTRACKING FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY]]

Algared wrote:But anyway in regards to recruits you have heard of the Ravens, they are from Harn as well arent they, what can you tell us about them Bryn?"

Bryndis will think for a moment before replying. "Well, I've never encountered them personally... at least not until I saw them arrive her in Orbaal... but I've heard they're an experienced group of mercenaries who only take experienced fighters. They're actually called the Black Carrion, and I've heard that they're mostly from around Orbaal, which would explain why they've come to fight. If there were some who perhaps wanted to stay closer to this area, instead of moving with the rest of the group, I suppose we could try recruiting..." She'll let the thought trail off. Now that she's considered it more, it's unlikely any would want to join their little group...

"Black Carrion... Why the name change?" Algared ponders briefly, "Surely an established and respected band would want all their exploits known... what happened that this band of experienced mercenaries changed their area of operations and their name?... it may well be we will find a warrior amongst them who would like to leave and join our little band..."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

"Black Goat shit for all I care. They will be getting board and silver from the Daas."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

"Maybe they are recruiting to replace men they've lost? The life of a mercenary might be better than this."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 pm

"I think there is a misunderstanding. The name of the mercenary company is the Black Carrion, but their symbol is a Raven, which is a carrion bird."

"They probably changed their area of operation... came here from Harn... for the same reason that Meldun and I came here... to fight in the war and see what fortunes can be made. A call was sent to Harn for aid... it makes sense that a mercenary company would answer it."

[OoC: My apologies for confusing where Bryndis is with where she's from...]
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Black Goat shit for all I care. They will be getting board and silver from the Daas."

"You complaining again my friend? I swear you are a cantakeras whingin harniac from where I sit your tankard is always half empty.. and the other mans ale always taste better than yours even when drawn from the same barrel. Do not claim you have not faired well so far. You already get board from the Daas. And when you joined us, we gave you a share of silver to tide you over.. you now have and wear a mail byrnie Barak gave gave you, not to mention carry a gold coin silver as well now, you also have a fine fur coat... and those wounds you recieved from the raid that almost killed you, were healed in an instant instead of taking weeks. I would say for yoiu contibution in the last what is it two months you have made out like a bandit. Do you seriously think you have not met with success?"

Algared turns and nods before replying to Borryg "True we could Borryg, but I for one have no desire to join them... can't imagine they'd need a scolar anyway and I am certainly no vetran warrior. Still I think we wouldn't be changing anything for the better.. I imagine if anyrhing it would be worse."

Algared pauses then begins a slightly different line, "Look wars are not fun no matter what the lays seem to say, so i doubt joining them would be better than this, we werent beseiged in Abderhiem at least. Wars are nasty and brutal, the battles are short and deadily. I do not want to be waring all the time, I don't really wish to join a company that trades in war... I'd rather trade in furs or grains.. at least they dont try to skewer me like my opponets do in battle." Algasred chuckles half heartedly and reaches for his shoulder when it pains him.

When Bryndis clarifys her statement Algared nods, "Yes, I suppose that is the case."

Last edited by Algared on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos being corrected)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 am

Barak sighs at Algared's outburst. "Bjarni and Bryndis are right, the reason those mercenaries are here is because the Daas provides for them, they are paid and there is a chance to make more from loot. If things turn bad they can always loot Ygresdram when they leave."

He pauses for a short while before continuing to his friends at large "I am tempted by them, but I am not sure I want a life of fighting. A worse problem is my Orbaalese is poor and I would be the outcast in the band. But if things get really bad for the Daas, if the king dosn't come to our aid, then there are worse things than joining them."

To Alagred he then says "If Borygg, Bjarni and Bryndis choose to join the Black Carrion then I will probably join them. Honour is one thing, but if Cunate is defeated the Dagen will want to ensure his family are purged, and you will certainly be on that list, and I don't want to find out if I am. If is too early to give up, but we'd be fools not to consider the possibilities. We have no news of the Storzar - they may have been defeated which would leave us on the defensive. We won the battle here but at a loss of life to the Daas cause. Our host is slowly being whittled away and the Dagen's seems inexhaustable. Some when we will reach a tipping point when then minor clans will start to desert the Daas. This thran is but the first."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 am

"The plan as it was given to me was for the Storzar to draw off the main host so we could lift the seige and then for us to cover the rear as the Daas host withdrew the way they came. It seems things have worked as planned.

At present I hear Bjarni mopping that he hasn't earned enough and Borryg suggesting things may be better... Bryndis has merely informed us what she recalled of the sell swords.

We were discussing seeing if there were any who may lack companions now you are suggesting joining the mercenaries... if you choose to do so then I fear our fellowship will end. I do not wish a life of constant battle, I have been fortunate so far. If the truth be known my skills would be better used away from a shield wall and war. Like many of Daaslund though I fight for my clan and family. Though at present it is not only your Orbaalese that is bad but Borryg's and mine. I will eventually need to travel to other centers, I may need to travel sooner than later so learning a different languages and tongue and scripts may come in handy."

[OOC: while on the 17th we learn the Storzar appears to have been defeated on the 16th when this conversation takes place, the party are camped out and Thorin is mortally wounded and Algared is still severely wounded. As such I have modified my response to try fit with that.]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 am

[OoC: You are right about the time line so I have amended my post - sorry]

"I for one am not looking to join the Ravens at the moment and I do value everyone in the band's company Algared. However, I may need a way out at some point and we would be wise to keep our options open. We do need to recruit more to the band. I am not sure why a Raven would want to leave the Black Carrion company, what we can offer them which is better than we already have. As you say we should try asking around those on the fringes of the host, clanless men without ties and adventurers from abroad who seek their fortunes, who would be most likely to join us."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 am

"Indeed Cousin, but if need arises then we are likely going to be able to aquire passage to Myna and beyond anyway. Do not get me wrong I value you all, and will stand by the oath to you all, but I have no desire to serve in a mercenary company... but as you say the day may come when we need to have a way out, still with our combined wealth we may have enough to commission or aquire a vessel if we were so inclined, and certainly would have enough for passage to Myna and beyond.

As said I will need to travel at some point for the sake of finding ways to improve my scholarly skills; something that is hard to do when I am in a shield wall, marching or recovering from wounds all the time... it may not suit a hunter, fisherman or merchant very well either but it certainly doesnt suite a scholar." Algared smiles and then continues. "Although my father may disown me, I would still prefer a means of securing the safety of safe passage of my mother and sister as well. As to what we offer, we do seem to be blessed with a supprising amount of good fortune really none of our companions have died while with us, and I hope to be in a position to help with Thorin's recovery in the morning."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum