From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 Saraju 720TR

+3
Svardkell Holg
Bjarni Daasen
GM
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

22 Saraju 720TR - Page 4 Empty Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 am

"What about the outlying thrans? I am thinking of Suri and her children. Tomorrow I am going to go to Yetin"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

"I'd offer to join you, but I don't want to get in the way of your romancing."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 am

"Just to make sure everyone understand, I am going to Yetin alone," Bjarni says.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:12 pm

"It is fine with me. Just be careful, and don't leave without your spear and shield my friend."
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 am

"I want to check to see if my creature is still there, it is a blessing and curse where it was last settled. A blessing in that the Dagan cant send boats easily past here. But a curse in that it hinders the Daas as well. If it is gone then the Daas boats can come into Ygesdram... If it isnt gone then if I can manage to get it to move up river then again the way for our boats to come into Ygesdram will be open and the River will still remain a hindrence to the Dagan."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 am

How does everyone else at the feast take the news? Barak listens in to the small talk around him.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 am

The news seems to have come as a shock to most about the feasting table. Like Bjarni there are those about the table who see this option as the only viable way to keep the clan safe and seek to check on family members before they leave, yet there are others still who seem to be the most silent at this time who have just had this realisation thrust upon them and know that this is their clans only hope for survival and there are others who think this is the wrong option and that clan Daas will succeed in defeating the Dagen's invasion (these seem to be the most vocal although none speak to loudly of their disagreement)

As the food continues to arrive at the table the conversation covers such topics as your expected reception in Myna, the King and what his plans are, should the Daas stay and fight the Dagen and the future of Daaslund.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Assuming their are no more speeches from Cunate or his senior advisers, Barak will stay at the feast until it is polite for him to go (after Cunate retires?) then he will head back to the Meadhall. He is not in a rush to leave, but he dosn't want to be chucked out of the hall door in a drunk stupor either.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Svardkell will leave with Barak when he leaves and asks him what preparations should be made? He feels a little lost without taking orders from a Mercenary Captain.
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

Like Bjarni said earlier, he will stay until he drops.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 am

Bryndis will stay until it is polite to leave. She is not sure how this news affects her service to the Daas, and has much to ponder of her future.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 am

The feasting and drinking continue late into the fifth watch. The conversation moves from topic to topic with each of you joining in as appropriate, the mood remains happy (the mead adding to the mood). With the tables finally cleared of the food platters, plates and eating utensils, Cunate once again rises from his seat.

"We have fought long and hard" he says as the crowd once again becomes silent "We have fought long and hard" he says again now the crowd is silent "and many of friends and family now share a table with the Grey Slayer. Those of us that remain still have many challenges to overcome and I would like to take this opportunity to honour those that remain" Cunate pauses for a moment "Thaldirs" he says turning to the huscarl leader "you have stood beside me during every fight and have never let a foe defeat you, I would like to honour your service, friendship and council with this gift" Cunate is handed a sheathed sword, helmet and small leather pouch, which he takes and hands to the huscarl. Thaldirs moves closer to Cunate and after accepting the gifts offered he bows his head before returning to his seat.

And so Cunate continues "Algared my cousin, you have fought with courage and honour in my service and for that you have my thanks" once again he takes several items from a servant standing nearby, as Algared moves towards Cunate, Algared is handed a small wooden box. Judging from the shape it would seem that the box is a small writing table.

"To Barak, a loyal man who has without hesitation accepted every task I have asked of him, his skill lead us through the hills and forests to relieve our clansmen, comrades and bondsmen and then with the trail marked aided us to find our way home again" those about the hall bang fiercely upon the table and call your praises in recognition of your feats. Taking another parcel from the servant he presents Barak with a leather huntsmen bag (large enough to carry all but the largest of kills), a hunting knife with a carved bone handle (in the shape of an owl with the owls head resting against the blade while its feet and claws extend out of the otherside of the hand) and a circular coloured broach of the Daas family arms.

"Borygg Raal although not of clan Daas you have served us with loyalty, courage and selflessness, you came to this thran to establish a trade and instead of making a profit you have shed your blood for us!" a quick eye shoots in the direction of Skorri Daas by more than one person about the hall as this is said, once again those about the hall beat upon tables and call your name! Cunate hands Borygg a rolled parchment, a plate 3/4 helm with the reinforcing bands across the head, around the eyes and the band that protects the nose crafted in bronze.

"Svardkell of clan Holg, I do not know from where you hail, you came here under contract to fight against Ibanvaal and that you and your company have done, to very nearly the last man, I have heard tales of your defence of the eastern road and would see Skalds retell this story by a winters fire to entertain a crowd" he pauses for a moment "your commander fell during this fight and he will know feasting and fighting alongside the Grey Slayer in Talagaad, I will therefore arrange for his personal effects be returned to his family as you requested. I will place Stee's belongings in the care of Kugald Daas, he will ensure that they are returned to his family if this is satisfactory to you!" then taking a small pouch from the servant standing nearby he offers you the pouch.

"Brynids of clan Serewyn, you arrived in Ygesdram with Meldun (who sits at a table in the hall, he has already been gifted items of value) and another who has since gone to Talagaad. You came under oath to protect this priest" he says pointing his finger towards Meldun "but released from that oath by him, you took another to protect Daaslund and in this you have never swayed. We have had several shieldmaidens join our cause and they like so many have joined the Grey Slayer and here you are different you still feast at my table!" more banging upon tables as Cunate once again begins to speak "I offer you this gift" Cunate says as he hands her a finely crafted broadsword, the leather covered scabbard is wrapped in a bronze and silver lattice. The hilt is crafted from bone and carved in the shape of a bear standing on its hind legs and folded underneath is mail byrnie.

"Bjarni 'the Whale' (as you have become known around Ygesdram and some parts of Daaslund) a fisherman in search of fame, family and fortune" Cunate says "you like your companions have done me, Ygesdram, Daaslund and all of Menglana great service and for that you have my thanks. You have entertained us with your song and I think it is dancing you are trying to do" with that the hall erupts in laughter. Once the laughter has died down Cunate continues "I gift you this" he says offering you seal skinned leggings, seal skin tunic and a small leather bound book.

Once Bjarni is seated Cunate once again begins to speak "Those about me here are finest warriors Daaslund has to offer, you have stood the test of combat and the fires of siege and battle both. You should all take pride in your achievements as I take pride in your courage and honour" Cunate raises his tankard and says "I drink your health!" he then drains its contents in one long pull. Banging his cup upon the table he turns and leaves the hall. Other warriors stay for a short period of time before they make their leave while others seem content to drink the hall dry!
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:00 am

Somewhat taken aback, Bjarni accepts his gifts with some embarrassment. Once the tumult has died down when Cunate leaves, he will look at the book and if it is not glaringly obvious what it is (given his current state) he will ask Algared what he thinks it is.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Svardkell also is also stunned that he has been mentioned amongst these truly honored heroes of the thran. He will accept his gift with a large smile upon his face and new found respect for the man Cunate Daas.
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Algared bows as he recieves his gift, feeling embarressed and silent greatf his father's words drove him to buy new clothes fitting a feast. Algared knows he would have felt a fool and an embarressment to Cunate and his family were he in bis d worn clothes, even so Algared is still a little embarressed eing singled out,strange he thinks that after striving to gain honour that he should feel so.

Algared is proud of the honour his friends are given as well. When Bjarni asks Algared about the book he will look it over and inform him what its contents are, when the big man is less intoxicated.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Barak is surprised by the honour, but he knows it is his due. He feels spendid in his new decorated tunic and leggings, and all his jewellery; many will be evenvious of his success, as they should be he thinks.

Barak of his will happily get up to receive his gift: "Thank you for this fine gift, befitting a great Jarl like yourself" he tells Cunate "You honour both me and the others who fell defending Daaslund." he bows his head to Cunate and returns to his seat on the bench.

He proudly pins the Daas broach on his left shoulder.

Assuming ale is on offer, barak will drink another small Harn after Cunate leaves, and then take his own leave.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Borygg accepts Cunate's words and gifts graciously, thanking the Daas loudly.

Back at the table, he tucks the roll of parchment into his tunic to be read later and examines the workmanship of the helm with an appraising eye.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Bjarni will ask Algared to look after his stuff "I wouldn't want it to get covered in vomit or blood" and he returns to the festivities, grabbing up a passing serving wench and giving her a twirl before plunging back into the fray.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 am

Cheering loudly along with everyone else at the praises of her companions, Bryndis is quietly stunned to be honored so.

After Cunate has departed, Bryndis will make her way around to visit with Meldun before retiring.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 pm

With Cunate now gone, some of the warriors decide to keep the festivities going a little longer (Bjarni included) while others take their leave of the hall and wander outside into the warm night air, a light wind blows from the south west and a look about shows that it has been raining, the ground is covered in a sheen from the water and drops continue to fall from the thatching above your heads, obviously the rain has only recently stopped.

Making your way to the meadhall you enter the hall and find the hall lit by a lone oil lamp located near the hearth fire. The hearth pit is dark and cold with no fire lit this night.

Arranging your sleeping gear as quickly and quietly as you can you each fall asleep.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4