From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23 Nuzyael 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

23 Nuzyael 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 23 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Since the (apparent) immediate danger has passed, and Jurri's not really keen on looting, he'll walk around drumming and singing some viking looting/pillaging song.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 am

Barak enters the house and sees Algarad looking round the main room "Found where they've hidden their treasures he asks?". Barak, standing near the middle of the first space, looks around to see if he can devine what the occupation of the family might be. He also see if he can spot a sleeping area/room. If he can he'll go and search there (unless Kugald and/or Algarad are already doing so).

If he sees any of occupants he'll stop and ask them "What is the name of this thraan" and then "Are you from Ibanvaal?".
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:23 pm

"We will cousin," Algared responds. "Though given the size of the mercantylers storage, we'll likely end up searching there with the others as well, I could probably go through the ledgers and account for their goods. At least being in each dwelling will prevent them secreting more away."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Barak, Kugald, Algared and Vidar burst into the main clanhouse, you are taken aback when you enter to find that there are several woman, children and a few young males still inside. They were seated around a table when you entered but they stand with fear on their face.

The group of Erdrick, Borygg, Thorin and Jurri enter the mercantylers clanhouse and like the woodcrafters they find the clanhouse occupied as well, by a similiar number of occupants.

Both groups immediately set to searching the clanhouses. You soon discover that the second clanhouse and the surrounding outbuildings is the home of a woodcrafter. You begin to search all the buildings. Pulling out locked chests and smashing them open. Meanwhile keeping a wary eye on the occupants to ensure that they remain co-operative while you search.

Your search reveals many items that would be found in the common clanhouse.

It takes nearly a 1/4 watch to complete a thourough search of the clanhouse plus the additional outbuildings.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:36 pm

GM wrote:Pulling out locked chests and smashing them open.
[OoC 1: Apart from the fact that Barak carries a hatchet for just this sort of job, he'd ask for the keys and point out if they are not surrendered the chest will be broken anyway (no need to break a chest or wreck stuff you are not planning on looting - plus who knows when you might need a secure chest to put the loot in, especially if the Daas might buy one from you)]

[OoC 2: Do any of the occupants answer either of my two questions (see above)]

Barak returns to the main hall / kitchen with his booty. He serves himself up with some food (hopefully their may be some hot porridge etc from breakfast) and sits on the floor and eats whilst he waits for the rest.

When the rest come back he'll say "I found some coins, a ring, some clothes, and woodworking tools. Shall we join the others and share out the loot? Don't forget one third goes to Cunate. Oh yes, there were some handaxes if anyone needs one.... umm, do you think that Cunate will want them for the host?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:27 am

After searching the mercantyler's clanhouse and outbuildings, Borygg decides that the mercantyler must be storing all his trade goods somewhere else. He searches for a key and will ask/intimidate the household into telling him where the goods are stored.

After searching, Borygg steps back outside and returns to where any members of the group are. He holds up his knapsack and says "I found a few good things. What about you guys?"
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:39 am

Barak Daas wrote:If he sees any of occupants he'll stop and ask them "What is the name of this thraan" and then "Are you from Ibanvaal?".

The occupants seem to afraid to answer either question.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 am

At the conclusion of the search, Algared will reveal his booty..

"These Sealskin leggings, are my size and look to be as sturdy as leather. And these linen linen tunics look to be fine. I also found a bone comb, a small pouch of coin, lastly I've found a cart, useful for supplies, should we be able to find a beast to haul it, and a hatchet and hand axe."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 am

After you have completed your search of the clanhouses you rejoin your companions in the main compound of the thranhold near the gatehouse. Each of you carrying various items of loot. Also taking the opportunity you can see Thaldir and his men also 'acquiring' items of value as booty.

Towards the rear of the thranhold you see the Valhakar of clan Batheson chatting with Cunate Daas. After several minutes of conversation he nods his approval to Cunate and then with a smile walks towards you with not a word he passes by and walks out through the gatehouse and down into the thran proper.

Following him you can see the thran is alive with activity, men of the Daas warband are 'liberating' items of their own from the clanhouses. As you stand there you can also see a band of men perhaps fifty or so in number begin the climb to the gatehouse.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:22 am

Barak Daas wrote:When the rest come back he'll say "I found some coins, a ring, some clothes, and woodworking tools. Shall we join the others and share out the loot? Don't forget one third goes to Cunate. Oh yes, there were some handaxes if anyone needs one.... umm, do you think that Cunate will want them for the host?"

"I dont see why not Barak, I gathered a couple in case anyone in our band needed them.'
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:51 am

"Looks like we'll need to find a beast of burden from the lower thran if we want to take the cart, there doesn't seem to be a beast of burden anywhere in the thranhold."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 am

The group of men approaching the thranhold enter through the gatehouse and split up to ransack the clanhouses within. They do not appear to be as polite about the proceedings as you were. There is screaming from within all the clanhouses as they set to about their business.

You have been in the thranhold for just over a 1/2 a watch by the time you have captured/guarded the gatehouse, entered and searched each of the clanhouses and then returned to the main compound inside the thranhold. About a 1/4 watch after you saw the Valhakar of clan Batheson speak with the Daas you see from the gatehouse the men of clan Batheson begin to leave the thran.

They are marching north along the trail probably just over one hundred strong. Loot hangs from packs, slaughtered livestock like ducks, chickens and geese hang from their packs to be their dinner tonight. Soon they are gone from view beyond a small rise through a clump of trees.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am

Barak, on hearing Algarad, says "I am not sure we want a cart, it might be two difficult on the road ahead. And if you find a beast to pull it, you'd just have to feed the beast. Perhaps a nice strong thrall would do the job. I am not sure if we're meant to be taking them as booty though."

Barak seeks out Kugald, "Well Kugald what are we doing next? How are we going to share this stuff out? I am not sure how you will split a dress seven ways. And how do we make sure Cunate gets his third share?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Vidar turns his wide-eyed gaze to Barak: "You know, having an Ibanvaaler carry goods for us sounds like justice to me." Vidar turns his gaze to Kugald: "What do you say?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Algared laden with booty and food says "Well if we're not going to find a beast of burden for the cart, which would let us carry more supplies, lets get to whereever we're billeting tonight so we can sort this loot and cook a meal."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:41 pm

"Algarad, I agree with you, I'd really much prefer not to be carrying this stuff. Perhaps we should look for a beast of burden, but I expect any ox or mule will be butchered by now" he says nodding towards the pillaging ongoing in the thran. "I just hope noone is expecting me to push this cart up the next mountain path we find." Barak smiles at that thought.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:38 am

Jurri will look around at the rest of the group.

"If there is nothing more to be done here, I suggest we get some rest while we can. There will surely be more marching and fighting soon enough. Come, let us get something to eat."

Jurri will offer to tell stories, sing, or play music, as suits the mood of the group.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Algarad, I agree with you, I'd really much prefer not to be carrying this stuff. Perhaps we should look for a beast of burden, but I expect any ox or mule will be butchered by now" he says nodding towards the pillaging ongoing in the thran. "I just hope noone is expecting me to push this cart up the next mountain path we find." Barak smiles at that thought.

Mountain path Barak, the mountains are behind us, the valley lies ahead. To be honest my thinking was if we were able to cart more supplies, or even lighten the load some then we'ed arrive fresher to the feild of battle. Though I suspect we'll be wanting to cut the supply lies of the Ibanvaal forces. And we'll want to keep an aye on the boats here and further down, lest they sail down river and alert the invaders of our approach."

Algared pauses then continues, "Well shall we wheel out the cart and have Thorin and Erdrick to watch our collective food supplies, while we go see if we can find a draft animal, what say you Kugald, since you're our mighty leader." The last words Algared says with a grin and chuckle.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Vidar lobbies strongly for Barak's original suggestion of a Ibanvaaler thrall, though it could be quite risky if he escapes. Regardless, he too presses Kugald for a warband decision. The march is ahead, and we neither want our persons to be weighed down nor even a thrall; for the more we haul, the slower we move.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Kugald rejoins the group, burdened with several tunics, some sealskin leggings and a pouch with 66d in coin and broach worth 25d. He also has a couple of hatchets and hand axes.

“So, first of all, do the members of our band wish to pool our loot and take equal shares, or each to their own? I would prefer to pool the loot. This way, everyone shares equally, rather than just one person getting lucky. It will also allow mean we can leave the bulkier items for the Jarl’s one-third share.”

“From my own loot, I would like to take the sealskin leggings and trade my cheaper clothes for better ones.”

“I recommend we leave the bulky items for the Jarl.”

“While I recognize the benefits of a cart or even a thrall to carry our goods, I think we are better off to stay light and limit ourselves to what we can carry. To be honest, I think the loot will get better as we go. This is just a small thran. What loot awaits us at the Ibanvaalese headquarters in Froyby? What fine weapons, gold and silver await us with their army? I think we will look down our noses at these small items when we get there.”

“Remember too, when we defeat the Ibanvaalese, we won’t have to scale the mountains again, it will be an easy march down river to home, and we will have many Ibanvaalese war thralls to carry our loot!”

“If we take a cart or thrall, at least one of our number will have to guard it. Are there any volunteers? Remember, you will miss out on the battle and the loot to watch our food and some small loot.”

Kugald looks around at the party. “Volunteers….?”

While he waits for their replies, Kugald strips down (to his loincloth only this time!). He redresses in his newly looted worsted tunic and sealskin leggings. He removes his old linen tunic from his backpack and throws it on the loot pile. He carefully folds up his newly removed serge tunic and leggings (only bought on 20 Nuzyael) and packs them in his backpack.

He then packs his backpack with all the food he can fit.

When he is done, he stacks the other clothes (linen and serge), axes and hatchets he just looted on the stack for the Jarl.

Unless anyone strongly objects, Kugald says, “So, it is decided then. No cart, no thrall, we leave behind everything we can’t EASILY carry ourselves. We take only light, compact, high value loot and we save our greed for the real loot.” He smiles widely.

“To war!”

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 pm

After a sigh, Vidar crumples his mouth behind this bushy overgrowth: "Alright, then. If it comes down to battle or garrison duty, it's battle for me. Of course, with some shackles, we could eliminate the need to guard a thrall during our seige. However, your wisdom has given me pause to consider something else: a thrall is another mouth to feed, and I'm not keen on guarding anyone while he relieves himself."

Vidar then produces a sack and empties its contents before the warband, revealing:

• 12d worth of coins
  • a brass necklace worth about 9d
  • an ivory pendant of a whale worth 20d
  • various workman-quality hatchets and handaxes

"I nabbed the axes so as to confiscate all arms I found."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:38 pm

TO GM: This pendant of the whale... might it have religious significance?

Not likely, it looks more decorative than anything else

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:“So, first of all, do the members of our band wish to pool our loot and take equal shares, or each to their own? I would prefer to pool the loot. This way, everyone shares equally, rather than just one person getting lucky. It will also allow mean we can leave the bulkier items for the Jarl’s one-third share.”
Borygg says "I agree with pooling our loot. I may have been one of the lucky ones this time but may not be in the future. I, too, found some clothes better than the ones I have been wearing so i would like to keep those. But I also found some things of greater value."
At this point, Borygg removes a pouch from his knapsack and shakes it, so that the group can hear the coins clanking. "The merchant had some silver. He also had a bearer note for 360d. That's easily portable wealth."
Borygg will contribute the coins (136d) and the bearer note to the loot pool and then follow Kugald's lead and change into his new-found sealskin leggings. He stashes his cloth leggings in his knapsack and continues to wear his old cloth tunic; the nice silk tunic he found will remain in his knapsack, saved for a special occasion.

OOC: Are the sealskin leggings the equivalent of leather?

By GM - Yes not only leather but waterproof as well
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 pm

"Agreed kugald, we leave the baulky loot" with a smile Algared adds 'including our cart as the Jarl's share."

He then also changes, stripping down, removing his good pair leggings and wearing the sealskin pair he looted. He then puts on clean linen tunic, folding his best cloth leggings and tunic and placing them in carefully in his pack along with the next best tunic he carries. He add a hatchet to his pack knowing it will help around their camp, but the axe he adds to growing pile for the jarl. Last Algared, compares his own comb to the one he looted he keeps the best and placing the other with Cunate's share. Finally, he repacks his bags filling them with as much food as he can carry.

"I also found some coin, only 36d." Taking his old dirty tunic he spreads it on the ground, separate from the jarl's pile and places the the coin he found in the centre to be shared equally with their number.

"Actually you and Barak have set me thinking, why no draft animals... maybe because they do not belong in the thranhold. But I think the Ibanvaal host have taken them all to haul their supplies to the seige. We also know there is a fishing boat, for our host last eve was a fishermen, how many boats the village has we dont know, nor whehter they set sail today. We will need to ensure it doesn't leave espcially if it is the only vessel the thran had at its disposal, lest the alarm be raised."

OOC: Borryg, since I asked your question already I'm posting the response I recieved,
GM wrote:The sealskin is the equivelant to leather and waterproof, they weight about 5lbs.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

"Agreed, we are sharing the high value easy to carry stuff" says Barak, with that he tosses a small pouch "Some silver coin and a ring" and then adds two handaxes to the piles [OoC: IIRC that is 234d of loot]

"I doubt, somehow, that the Daas will be taking delivery of his share here. I expect, once Kugald has asked, we'll be finding he will take his share in Ygresdram and we are responsible for carrying it there." He pauses to take breath.

"As for future loot" he continues "I am not so sanguine about our prospects in the future. We've got the best pickings from this thran because we were in the van and took the thranhall. Cunate probably can't do that everytime otherwise the other Valkahars will be complaining that they don't get their share. I expect at the next thran will be picking over the cots of the fishermen and bonecarvers like that lot" he points down the hill to what remains of the pilaging of the poor households "considering ourselves lucky if we get a dried herring or button for our troubles."

[OoC: Barak seems to be back in to his old role of disagreeing with what everyone else says.]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Misplaced comma)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next