From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whose side

5 posters

Go down

Whose side Empty Whose side

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni will ask one of his shipmates "Whose side are these Maar on?"

"That might very well depend on what you say" Barak smiles to disarm his hosts, who are out of ear-shot, before continuing "They haven't fought with the Storzar or the Daas, but neither have they attacked either." He then raises his leather tankard to Bjarni, laughs and takes another swig...
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Whose side Empty Re: Whose side

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:32 am

Once (if) Kugald and co are out of the hall, heading down towards the boat, and alone where no Maar can overhear, Barak says "I know most of us must return if we are not to be seen to be rude in refusing their hospitality, but do you think they will miss one of us?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 am

As Kugald, Algared and Barak walk down to the boat, he says to Barak, "No, I don't think they would miss one. It would not be a bad idea to have one person on the boat, just in case. Despite their hospitality, I can't help noticing that the Maar did not come to the Daas' aid and they don't seem to be preparing for war. I have to wonder whose side they are on. If you are volunteering to stay on the boat, I accept."

He turns to Algared, "So cousin, what do you think? It seems just a little too relaxed for a thran just a river's width away from war."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:38 am

"Several thoughts come to mind, first the Storzar had holdings on this side of the leim river. They will be part of the Dagaan's possessions now. We also know the Dagaan has been busy with his messengers over the year as we know from Trond. Maarlund may be waiting for our king act or they may because they didn't act, may already be under pressure from the Dagan even if they aren't at war. Do they sit out and get an offer for automony, or fight and possibly stand alone, a temptation but one that will make them and all Menglana easier to swallow up.

Second this skald troubles me he but a name with no place. That he is bit a name and that knowledge of the Trond's intentions are unknown my thinking is he may be an agent of the Dagaan, since there would be no need to hide his origin otherwise. With or without an accent wouldn't discount him being an agent, I would now count my father in catagory, of cause I may just be paraniod.

Post by GM He has been introduced to you by name, it was a name you do not recognise nor does he have a face you are familiar with. He was quite happily joining in the conversation along with everyone else in the hall

And like Barak I intended to remain at the boat. Again I may be paraniod but I am uneasy.. but then I'm in a foul mood anyway so my judgements like so many others judgements may well be wrong."

Last edited by Algared on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to correct what Algared actually knew and make the thought fit more with what was actually meant.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:46 am

Barak Daas wrote:
Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni will ask one of his shipmates "Whose side are these Maar on?"

"That might very well depend on what you say" Barak smiles to disarm his hosts, who are out of ear-shot, before continuing "They haven't fought with the Storzar or the Daas, but neither have they attacked either." He then raises his leather tankard to Bjarni, laughs and takes another swig...

"Sounds more and more like my home in Orbaal. I will follow your lead" Bjarni may not be subtle but he isn't stupid - he wont say anything in earshot of their hosts.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:51 pm

[OoC: I am on a residential course, so I am playing catch up]

To Kuguld as we walk towards the boat: "It is a shame that Jurri didn't come with us. I was think that skald could be doing the same job as us - except working for the Ibanvaal. We should try and find out what he is doing. Jurri also must sure he dosn't get hold of Cunate's scroll."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by the GM as taken from Algared's post concerning the skald

The skald has been introduced to you by name, it was a name you do not recognise nor does he have a face you are familiar with. He was quite happily joining in the conversation along with everyone else in the hall

GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum