From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

walkng from the docks in Vuleheim

3 posters

Go down

walkng from the docks in Vuleheim Empty walkng from the docks in Vuleheim

Post  Algared Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 am

As four companions leave the farvie to initally head towards the shipwright algared says quietly, "With only the amber and parchment we may need either a usurer jewller who will convert these to coin we can use with several retailors I would still like us to increase our store of arrows and javelins or harpoons. None the less we will have a better idea once we have visited the shipwright I think."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

walkng from the docks in Vuleheim Empty Re: walkng from the docks in Vuleheim

Post  Barak Daas Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:58 am

"Aye, a ursurer or jeweller is what I need to. It might be worth keeping that piece of amber, it isn't often you see one so big."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:45 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Aye, a ursurer or jeweller is what I need to. It might be worth keeping that piece of amber, it isn't often you see one so big."

"True Barak maybe a Jeweller will pay us a premium price for it, Still with only the parchment the Amber and gold coin in either funds for the boat or the welfare of our band remaining we may have little choice but selling it. We may be able to avoid the spares, given that the 1/2 tun we aquired are still sitting in the hold, and we have barely touched the rations most of the 80days still sit under covers."

Turning to Kugald Algared adds, "I hope we intend to carry out some of those repairs soon, the fyord is certainly wider than the river, meaning it will likely be rougher if the winds pick up it would be a shame to spring a leak because although we had the spares we hadn't carried out repairs when we had the chance."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 am

"We will have to see what the weather does. If the wind swings back to the north-west again, then we will be going nowhere. If we go nowhere we might as well repair the ship. If it swings to the south-east we'd be mad not to make the best of it to reach our goal."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

walkng from the docks in Vuleheim Empty On the way to the money changers

Post  Algared Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:15 am

"Kugald,: Algared asks as they walk to the ususers, "do you wish us to aquire additional javelins and arrows for the warband, or do you envisage we use the funds to ensure we are at least attired suitably for an audience with the king? If so we will need to enter the Usurers exchange the parchment for coin. If you dont envisage the expenditure do you want the parchment exchanged anyway although unless needed it is extremely light compared to the coin?"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:36 am

"Are we in danger in Pelyn? From what I understand the King does not look favourably on the Daas or the Storzar. My friend there told me as much, if not more. He said that the King and the Storzar are enemies."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 am

Barak advises Kuguld: "That parchment is easily damaged, burnt or wetted, and we can't spend it at most places. Coin is durable, easily spent, and can be shared out if required. We may not get a good rate here, but if we are offered one I suggest we change it."

To Bjarni he says: "I doubt the king would offer us any violence - that would too clearly show his hand. The trick when hunting is to keep concealed until the prey is in the trap. And if the king us after the Daas or the Storzars, he'll want to catch more that just us. On our mission we'd be I'll advised to offend anyone in the king's demesne let alone fight them."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:10 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak advises Kuguld: "That parchment is easily damaged, burnt or wetted, and we can't spend it at most places. Coin is durable, easily spent, and can be shared out if required. We may not get a good rate here, but if we are offered one I suggest we change it."

To Bjarni he says: "I doubt the king would offer us any violence - that would too clearly show his hand. The trick when hunting is to keep concealed until the prey is in the trap. And if the king us after the Daas or the Storzars, he'll want to catch more that just us. On our mission we'd be I'll advised to offend anyone in the king's demesne let alone fight them."

"Well the fued he has with the Storzar has cost him all of Storzarlund, half of Daaslund and the gods know how much else. I think I would be advised to remain on the boat at Pelyn." Algared pauses then continues, "With regards to the parchment though your words speak true Barak, however many traders do carry a parchment rather than coin because it is lighter to carry. Unless Kugald desires the parchment kept I'll exchange it if we are lucky I'll get almost the face value and that would mean a fist full of silver and maybe a gold coin. Though at least half of the supplies we have on the farvie were paid for with a parchment."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:09 pm

"You trade a parchment with runes for silver? Why would anyone go viking?" Bjarni is sceptical to say the least.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"You trade a parchment with runes for silver? Why would anyone go viking?" Bjarni is sceptical to say the least.

'You are as bad as Kugald and the rest."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:43 pm

"He has a point Algarad. Why would anyone treasure some writing on a piece of animal skin? You know where you are with silver. You can see it. You can count it. You can spend it. I don't know why you don't write your own parchments and make us all rich."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"He has a point Algarad. Why would anyone treasure some writing on a piece of animal skin? You know where you are with silver. You can see it. You can count it. You can spend it. I don't know why you don't write your own parchments and make us all rich."

"For the same reason that when our shipwrights tell us what we need 1 tun of supplies to get a boat ship shape we head his advice, and in the wilderness we follow you lead. or we accept what Jurri tells us or lore and folk tales. Borryg and I can read. Mind I would also be suprised if our new scholar friend and jurri wouldn't be able to identify such parchments as I imagine they also can read and write."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:16 pm

"Well if that parchment is worth silver I will be more careful what I wipe my arse with next time....just in case"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 pm

"Yes, though when you find a parchment it could just as easily be a notice or a text explaining a special feature. You find a parchment show it to either Borryg or myself or a friend who can read.' Algared pauses and adds in response to Bjarni's suggested use of parchments. "I do wonder how many parchments like what we found ended up as tinder of have met another end. And would the issuing usurer be upset if you destoyed the parchment not at all since he was paid the coin when he issued the parchment." Algared says his answers after this becoming shorter or mere nods.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 am

leaving the Usurer's algared says with a grin, "Are you satisfied that the parchments are worth silver now.. though a parchment is easy and lighter to carry than an ingot."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:11 am

"Are you satisfied that the parchments are worth silver now.. though a parchment is easy and lighter to carry than an ingot."

"True, and softer on the old freckle as well"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 am

Algared laughs, 'true indeed."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet