From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 Peonu 720

+6
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
Bjarni Daasen
Kugald Daas
Algared
GM
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

19 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:16 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni gets ready to cast off on the Captain's orders.

ooc dont you dare cast off the anchor Smile... haul it in.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Time: Nearing the end 3rd watch - Beginning 5th watch

With the warband once again assembled they gather on the crowded deck of the 'farvie', a quick conversation takes place as you decide what course of action is the best and with Sigrun advising that if you left now you might make Vulenheim by nightfall set the crew into action. Kugald asks Sigrun to make the boat ready to sail, Sigrun then orders Bjarni to get the crew ready to sail.

Within a few moments the anchor has started to be hauled aboard, while the other members of the warband man the 2 sets of oars and begin to aid in hauling in the anchor before bringing the bow of the boat around onto the correct course for Vulenheim.

With a quick glance at Nolomar and then again to the north east Sigrun orders all available sail to be unfurled.

The progress is slow for about a quarter watch but then the wind swings around to the north and picks up. The sail billows with the wind and before long the 'farvie' has a chance to make up for some lost time earlier during the day.

Sigrun comfortable in the familiar waters of the Leimenfjord lets the boat have its head as it races through the choppy swell. The boat must be doing around 15knots in the current conditions. The 'farvie' rises and falls with the waves as it cuts its way through the water, the spray washing over the boat and it's crew.

Bjarni familiar with these surroundings moves about the boat smiling and laughing.

The rest of the crew enjoy the journey although the day remains cold and the wind bites through your clothing the thrill of sailing in these conditions counters the discomfort of the weather.

As Nolomar continues it arc through the sky, Sigrun keeps an ever watchful on its postion and at times throughtout the journey she can be seen pulling a well worn leather bound book from her backpack. It seems that as the boat nears certain landmarks Sigrun takes to her 'book' and after some consultation with its contents nods her head in satisfaction before replacing the book back inside her backpack.

"We should make Vulenheim before sunset!!!" Sigrun calls out to no one in particular.

Retracing the voyage to Pelyn the 'farvie' makes landfall near Vulenheim with Nolomar just starting its decent behind the western horizon. Sigrun having taken the helm of the boat all journey seems to have taken on a second wind as she prepares to steer the boat through the narrows and into the docks of Vulenheim.

With about a quarter watch left of sunlight the 'farvie' is tied off and secured alongside the dock in Vulenheim harbour. The crew is wet, cold and hungry from the journey but there is also a feeling of exhileration amongst you as well.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 pm

As the Farvie races along in the choppy swell, Algared runs a hand along the rail of the sleek craft. "I bet you haven't been allowed to run like this before." He saiys quietly, then turning to Sigrun, he adds with a laugh, "I think the Farvie likes you, she is making good passage."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:35 pm

"Well done crew." Kugald smiles.

"I think we deserve a good hot meal. Come, let us get something to eat at the 'Warboat'. Any volunteers to stay back with the boat?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:13 pm

'Kugald, why dont we use the rotating watch, though I would say certainly those who stayed with the Farvie last night go eat and sleep warm tonight." Algared suggests.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:55 pm

"I have to check in on an ailing friend. I'll meet you there shortly."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 pm

"I will be one of those who stay with the boat." Algared says
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 am

"I will keep you company. Sleeping in taverns and king's halls might make me soft"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 am

Time: End 4th watch

Algared and Bjarni remain behind aboard the 'farvie' while Sigrun leaves the warband to go and visit her ailing friend promising to catch up them later.

The rest of the warband head towards the 'Warboat' meadhall. Making their way through the market square, where it seems most of the traders are finishing up for the day although several are still taking advantage of what remains of the trading day to make their last sales. Moving past the sailmakers and shipwright you arrive at the meadhall.

You enter the hall to find it about half full of patrons. The hearth fire glows in the centre of the long hall. Several lanterns hang from the ceiling lighting the hall the familiar scent of burning whale oil lingers in the hall. There are several empty tables and the warband seat themselves quickly. Looking around the hall you can see several games of fox and geese with small wagers sitting by the side of the table, other tables seem to have patrons enjoying the mead and ale.

Once you are seated a shortish women in her late twenties and quite unaatractive quickly 'pounces' upon you and says "Well, what can I bring can?". She is missing several teeth and talks with a lisp. Her clothes look like they have seen better days and she wears nothing on her feet.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:32 am

"I will have an ale" says Barak "and what are you serving in the way of food tonight?". Barak will order whatever seems to be the best (most wholesome) of what is on offer. "What about you?" Barak asks the rest of his companions "Will you have the same?". Assuming they accent he'll order ale and food all round. Barak then look theatratically around for Algarad, "Now where is out monier when we need him to pay?".

After the meal and ale, Barak will make his excuses and return to the Farvie

[OoC: oKay he'll wait o see what Eijryk has to say first ;-)]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 pm

A man sits alone two tables further in from where the rugged warband sit down. He watches them as they enter and tries to overhear their conversation through the noise in the meadhall after they have finished their orders. He doesn't hear much, but what few words does reach his ears coupled with their wet and salty looks is enough for him to make his approach. He waits until most of them seem to have eaten up what food they ordered though.

The man stands almost 6 feet tall, compared to some of the men in the hall he doesn't look that physically tough, but there is a certain grace to the way he moves instead. His blond hair is neatly combed and tied in a ponytail at the neck, reaching down to his shoulders. His moustache and goatee-style beard is neatly trimmed as well.

He walks to the table where the five sailors sit and looks friendly at them.
"Excuse me for disturding your meal. My name is Eijryk Orbaason, nephew of Valhakar Guthsa Orbaason here in Vulenheim. I believe I know who you are.", he nods and looks at Jurri. "You know my brother Torvald?"

"May I sit? I happened to overhear some of your discussion before and I think you may be able to help me.", he continues.

Last edited by Eijryk Orbaason on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:45 pm

"Torvald Orbaason" muses Barak non commitedly "I remember Bjarni and Vidar". "Go on..." he say cauticiously.

Barak inspects the man closely, does Eijryk appear to be a priest? If not, he'll relax somewhat.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Algared prepares a meal for himself and Bjarni from the ships stores, if possible he will create a warm stew. if not then a selection of cheese, dried fruit and smoked meats washed down with a tankard of the boats store of ale.
He will then checkt the supplies before joining Bjarni as they take ti the task of keeping watch.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Kugald orders an ale and food.

When the man approaches, he looks him up and down, before nodding for him to sit. "We will listen to your tale. But I promise nothing more."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Eijryk nods at the broad-shouldered man who invited him to sit. He then turns to Barak "Vidar Orbaason you mean? But he is from another branch of the clan."

He lets his eyes move between the others at the table before he continues "I heard you just came here by boat and will move on tomorrow. Is that correct? Are you going up the Leim river then?" He leans forward a little and lowers his voice slightly. "I need to find Erling Storzar. I believe he survived the attack on Froyaheim and now is with the Daas. I just want passage, but no one is going up that way anymore because of the war."

(Eijryk does not look like a typical priest and wears no signs of being one either.)
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Confident that perhaps this man is not going to be a troublesome priest, Barak relaxes. He waves toasted the barwoman and asks the man "Do you want another ale?". He order one for himself, and one for Eijryk if his answer is affirmative. "Vidar travelled with us for a while before he found his calling among his people. If we were going in the direction of Dasslund on our travels, with no offence meant, what can you offer us? Unfortunately our boat is very crowded so it is difficult for us to take passengers, and the boat is not our own. Why do you need to see the Storzar? Do you bring him an army? Are you skilled with battle-axe or bow? Or perhaps you are a loremaster versed in the tactics of battle?"

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:"Excuse me for disturding your meal. My name is Eijryk Orbaason, nephew of Valhakar Guthsa Orbaason here in Vulenheim. I believe I know who you are.", he nods and looks at Jurri. "You know my brother Torvald?"

Jurri looks at him, trying to assess the resemblance, "Yes, Torvald is a friend."

Once Kugald offers him a seat and a chance to speak, Jurri will listen carefully. When the opportunity present itself, he'll ask:

"How fares your brother?"

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Eijryk just smiles and nods when Barak asks him if he wants another ale.
"I have never met Vidar so I don't know him more than that he is a priest like many of my clan." Turning to Jurri he says "I just met Torvald briefly in the beginning of this month. I had just got home and he was about to leave for a trip to Lokis. He seemed in good shape though. You must be Jurri the Skald of clan Grebel then. We have met once briefly a long time ago, not that you might remember, but Torvald has told me a lot about you. Your singing voice is fabulous and your stories can make even the toughest men cry, or so he told me." He smiles broadly at him.

After the ale has arrived he takes a few mouthfuls before answering Baraks questions, looking at all of them.
"First of all I can pay for my passage and I will help with whatever needs be done at the ship. I will do my best not being in the way. Why I need to see the Storzar, I'm not completely certain. I have a message from my uncle and it seemed quite urgent to get it to him. However, as I said, no one seem to be sailing up that way at the moment. I also heard you mentioned the name Daas before and thought maybe you are going there."

Pausing for another mouth of ale and clearing his throat he continues. "I'm not a priest like most of my clansmen but I know how to handle a spear and a shield enough to defend myself. I'm a physician, so I guess my expertize is most useful after a battle, but on the other hand I hope it wouldn't be needed."
He pauses once again and his face turns into a questioning look. "So you are going up the Leim river? I need to go to Ygesdram I'm told."
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Jurri makes eye contact with Kugald as his hand reaches for his cup. He gives a slight shrug to indicate his lack of concern, but otherwise leaves the matter to Kugald.

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:15 am

Kugald looks the man up and down, weighing his story. He pauses deliberately, and then downs his ale. He makes eye contact with the other crew members for their nod or head shake.

"Aye. The Storzar is in Ygesdram. And, aye, we do sail up the river. But, as Barak says, our boat is full."

He calls for another ale.

"Still, if Jurri knows your brother, perhaps we can find you a little bit of deck space to sit on. A physician is always welcome in time of war. Our last physician didn't work out...difference of style you might say."

He scrutinizes the man.

In a gruff voice, he asks, "You ain't surly are you? Prone to speaking when you should remain silent? If you can keep your tongue when I say and be civil to the crew the rest of the time.... then, aye, you can take passage with us."

He thumbs his finger at Jurri, "One night, perhaps Jurri here will compose the mighty ballad of the surly slave physician... on second though... perhaps not."

"So, I think when we get back to Ygesdram, we are going to have to ask the Daas for a bigger boat!"

TTYL

- Kerry

Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Eijryk looks seriously at the man who seems to be the leader of the sailors, most likely the captain of the ship, when he speaks.
"I have never heard from anyone that I have a surly attitude, quite the opposite I think.", he answers. "Some may say that I speak a little too much, but I will always listen to your orders, captain, and being civil is the way I have been raised so no problem there either. As I said before I am willing to pay for the troubles I may cause you giving me passage to Ygesdram. You will also recieve the gratitude of Valhakar Guthsa Orbaason of course."

He pauses to drink. Then he smiles and looks around at the men at the table. "I know you are Jurri", he nods at the skald. "But would I be rude to ask for your names and where you come from?", he asks friendly while looking around at the other four sailors.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm

"I am Barak the Quick, a hunter by trade and come from the mountains; but temporarily I am sailor following my father's trade as a fisherman. We can talk more when we are on the boat, you don't know who is evesdropping here."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:32 pm

"I am Borygg of Clan Raal, originally from Myna. I am a trader of sorts and was trying to establish myself in Ygesdram before hooking up with this lot."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 pm

"So, there I go ranting about being civil and I haven't even introduced myself." He shakes his head. "Don't mind my ill manners, I get this way when I get all full of myself and pompous."

He laughs and extends his hand in greeting.

"I" pointing to himself in an overly dramatic and self mocking fashion, "am Kugald, cousin to the Daas, journeyman weaponcrafter, and…by the Daas' command…captain of our fair ship, Farvie."

"There are three others of our crew who are not with us. Our pilot, Sigrun. Our first mate, Bjarni. And, my cousin, our cook and man of letters, Algared. Sigrun will join us later. Bjarni and Algared are on the boat. You will meet them later."

"Come, have some ale and join us. The brother of a friend of Jurri's…" Kugald pauses for a moment to consider the absurdity of how distant the relationship is, "is a passenger of mine…"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Eijryk laughs heartily with Kugald when he excuses himself for his delayed introduction. "Don't worry Kugald, my friend. It was me that jumped on you abruptly when you just had come in here after a long day at sea. I understand if you weren't up for chatting with a complete stranger asking for room in your already full ship. The excuse should come from me, not you."

He empties his tankard of ale. "This round is on me. For mine and my uncle's gratitude towards you and for our upcoming companionship." He stands up and looks around for the serving girl. When he sees her he waves at her and shouts out "Gunhilda [GM: change name if you have another name for her] could you bring us a round of ale here please." After she has nodded a confirmation he sits down again.

"So a hunter, a trader and a weaponcrafter.", he says looking around at the men around the table again. "What an interesting constellation.", he continues genuinely. "The pilot's name is Sigrun you say? Interesting indeed." With the last sentence his expression turns into something like anticipation about meeting the pilot.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next