From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rreporting the days events

3 posters

Go down

Rreporting the days events Empty Rreporting the days events

Post  Algared Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 am

Over the meal Algared asks how each of the band faired in their days activities in the hope that someone may have had more success than those in the Farvie.

"I dont know how the rest of you fared but we seemed to have little success today and tracking the fleet became fairly hard with the number of vessels as it seems the fishing fleet, what is left of it is finding it hard to find a catch and are travelling west to avoid the Ibanvaalers. So have there been rumours of activity to the east or are the Ibanvallers trying to drive us from the east? It may be we could or should check this. If it is rumour causing the fleet to avoid the area, when I'm told the Daas controls the river we may find those seeking to work against the Daas. It may also help relieve some of the strain on the fishermen. I was also thinking about Rieke Gerherbt, if his clan still resides in the thran then either we may find some of their friends and allies. So should we check out the east in the Farvie or see if we can find any others linked to Gerherbt?"

Algared pauses then asks, "Or is there another option we can explore?" He looks to each share their views and thoughts as they try to work out options available to them.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Rreporting the days events Empty Re: Rreporting the days events

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:14 pm

An observation: We seem to be using the meadhall increasingly to hold conversations between characters. The difficulty I can see with this is for outside readers of this forum - they won't be able to see what goes on here and it also leads to the main daily narrative becoming disjointed.

Can I recommend that general conversations, including meeting up in the meadhall at teh end of the day is posted to the daily narrative, and we restrict the use of the meadhall to inter-character conversations which either are not within the current thread of the daily log (out of time sequence etc), or where we are speaking in a way that NPC should not over hear.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 pm

While I agree that stoops readers of the forum following the story. This particular threat while called the meatball is where we can discuss incharacter without the NPC's hearing. Thus to use this section is appropriate if were trying not to discuss plans and thoughts so NPC's can hear. But it may be worth making the meadhall readable by all visitors following the story.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes, making the meadhall readable to visitors might make sense. Though I don't think the physical meadhall will ever be a place we can have a conversation without being overheard (in that respect this forum is misnamed).

I understood the prime purpose of the meadhall was to allow conversations within the party which are not happening at any particular time of the day. I.e. if we were sailing over the sea, the journey would be recorded in the daily narative, along with any conversations with NPC encounters. However, a conversation about what we were going to do once we got to port - which can happen at any time of the day - could be held in the meadhall to ensure that the main narrative was not held up by the asynchronous conversation.

Perhaps, Neil can clarify how he'd like this forum, and "private" (from NPCs) conversations to be conducted?
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Barak Daas wrote:I understood the prime purpose of the meadhall was to allow conversations within the party which are not happening at any particular time of the day. I.e. if we were sailing over the sea, the journey would be recorded in the daily narative, along with any conversations with NPC encounters. However, a conversation about what we were going to do once we got to port - which can happen at any time of the day - could be held in the meadhall to ensure that the main narrative was not held up by the asynchronous conversation.
This was my understanding as well.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 pm

I havent been posting here because we were in the meadhall, but because we were talking in a manner where the intention was not to be heard. whther we were on the farvie in the dock at Algared's fathers or even in Kugal's i would still have used this thread. because my understanding is this is where we talk IC when we dont want the npc's to hear and also because conversations can take longer than the general events in the story.

But as this is suppossed to be IC i will cease speaking OOC Smile
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum