From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid on the ford fort

Go down

Raid on the ford fort Empty Raid on the ford fort

Post  Barak Daas Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Barak listens to Algared ideas for attacking the fort, and asks a few questions, when the question of needing a plan comes up Barak shuts and thinks silently for a while...

"I don't think this will work, because we havn't got the men or the time, but if I were Cunate and planning on raiding the fort then I would want two warboats. Keeping the crew of them both I'd fill one up with warriors and the other up with anyone who can use a bow. Probably 60 of each would be enough. Well, I'd probably split the men half in each, but you know what I mean. The warriors would need to be steady men who know how to use a shield and keep themselves and their friends alive. I'd prepare as many fire arrows as I can, at least a half dozen per man. I'd take along at least four long ropes and grapnels, wood axes, and sledge hammers, etc, just in case, but I don't think we'd need them."

"I'd land the men from the two boats where the stream meets the river just as the sun first touches the horizon, with the warriors going forward and making a defensive line in front of the fort, but not too close we won't want to be sitting ducks. The boats and their crew back out in to the river a small way and wait to take the attackers off again. The archers the form up behind them and send volley after volley of flaming arrows in to the fort. Accuracy is not important we just want to set alight to any tents, stores, supplies etc."

"If the men in the fort sally forth and attack us then the warriors job is to hold them off until the archers get back in to the boats, and then retreat themselves. If the defenders go to get water from the stream to put the fires out then the warriors can attack them. If we're lucky and there are few defenders we can wait until they open the gate to escape and then attack them. We wouldn't get much in the way of loot but we will have hampered the Dagen and ensured he will have to divert more men in to defending his current gains. Of course, we'd have to be flexible and change our plans according to events. That will take a good leader."

"The main problem as I seem them is that our boats would likely be attacked by the Dagens; we have no reason to believe he does not have more now that he has sent three against us. The fort may have a large guard, which might still be a few hundred strong; worse still a large part of the Dagan's army may still be encamped around the fort. And the biggest problem is we commit 120 men and the loot shared between them all would me our share is likely to be less than a silver penny, and if things go wrong Cunate has lost a large portion of his host including the archers."

"Well, who has a better plan?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Raid on the ford fort Empty Re: Raid on the ford fort

Post  Barak Daas Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Looking around all the blank faces, Barak says "Hmmm, overly ambitious I think. Well, has anyone else got a plan to suggest?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum