From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The elemental and the feast

5 posters

Go down

The elemental and the feast Empty The elemental and the feast

Post  Algared Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 am

When opportunity arises and the party can gather in private Algared says, "Friends, the creature is a water elemental as i have said, a creature similar to those Odivshie members of the Guild of Arcane lore can summon and control.

We had spoken of using misinformation to draw out any spies. Given the latest development, we are going to do just that. We will claim the being is no accidnetal occurance, rather it is a deliberate summoning by me, researched after the Dagan's raid to ensure he cannot use such attacks in the future. If we can be believable any of the Dagan's spies will be eager to pass word, and the Dagan will be given pause as he will now not merely face men but a magikal attack as well. While Shek P'var masters can summon such creatures I cannot. Given its location, I believe however the being has been drawn here by my magiks. I think, If we are successful in this ruse we will give the Dagan pause as he will now have to deal with magik attack and defence if we are really successful who knows he may even withdraw or his troops may be less reluctant to advance making his campaign slow down, and buying us time. Whilst also turning a tragedy to advantage. The Daas instructs, I claim credit and I ask your help in making the claims and ruse believable. The ruse is one with some basis of truth, It is known I can do some magik. So it is or could be believeable, but it will take our combined effort to make it so. It may mean any attacks the Dagan makes will be directed against us." Algared motions to each of the band.

It is also for the sake of this ruse that we feast tonight."

Last edited by Algared on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to tidy us sentence structure.. and likely still has errors in it.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

The elemental and the feast Empty Re: The elemental and the feast

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 am

It is also for the sake of this ruse that we feast tonight.

"I'll drink to that."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:
It is also for the sake of this ruse that we feast tonight.

"I'll drink to that."

"But dont drink to much we may need our eyes and ears."

Looking at each of the band, Algared asks, 'So how can we foster the this ruse. At least a consolation will be if sucessful we'll find our spies and give meaning to the lives that were lost today."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:46 pm

"Cunate could appoint you his Court magician. That would get the spy something more juicy to report"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sun May 01, 2011 2:07 am

"We'll need a good reason for this have been done to the west, not the east, where the Dagen's forces actually are. Maybe something about guarding against Trond?"
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun May 01, 2011 3:11 am

"Hrmm, yes I suppose trying to explain the reason it is here rather than over there. I was thinking initally of trying to explan it in terms of the this is where the ethereal energies converge making it the best location for detecting and calling such a creature, but also explaining here places the creature in the best postion to enable the creature to be directed against attacks from the west while also enabliong any attempt to prevent the Dagan to repeat his previous attack.

Actually the hardest to explain I think is why didn't I create the creature before the attack or as they approached to attack a few days ago. Any other Ideas or thoughts?

Algared pauses allowing others to speaks, there are a few moments of silence and he adds, "While I've heard of such creatures I'd not seen one before today, It would also be good if we can to determine how much of the channel remains open, Then we can claim that the creature has agreed to help in return for that area as its clanhouse. But that will require a pinda and as we dont have access to one i dont think that will be a viable option. I certainly wouldnt want to be trying to plot the extent of it's claimed territory unless we had an easily handled agile craft. Though it appears as one draws nearer to it the waters become agitated and thus give warning enough to withdraw..Though I am certain any spy will have been seeking what knowledge they could on what occured so they can send word to the Dagan... I hope we can turn it into such a threat that magik will be used against himis army, that his soldiers will be less eager to attack. With the upheaval in Vulenhiem and the king dead it may be a few more days before any real help arrives."

Algaredd then waits letting others speak or add their thoughts.

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 am

[OoC - Perhaps you could say that the stars were not in alignment to summon it before today. Hell, I am still not sure what Bjarnie thinks about this. I am thinking that he should be terrified but am not sure how to play it. That Algared can call mystical powers has been shown to him with his magic water treatment. But ethereals and so on I think are beyond his ken.]
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 am

"You could say that we were reluctant to show our hand, but now Ygresdram has been attacked we have no choice. As to why it was created in the wrong place I can not say. It will need to be a good story to cover the scope of the error."

"I can see how this daemon would be of interest to a spy, but how do we use this information to catch them?"

"As to your pindar, you won't catch me on the water near that thing."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun May 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"You could say that we were reluctant to show our hand, but now Ygresdram has been attacked we have no choice. As to why it was created in the wrong place I can not say. It will need to be a good story to cover the scope of the error."

"I can see how this daemon would be of interest to a spy, but how do we use this information to catch them?"

Well I've been thinking about that, I think the argument that magiks had to be cast to locate it being before it could be called. This is where the being was. I imagine we'll find a spy if there is one will seek to get closer or if they believe. If we are believable in the ruse having the spy report that we have the terriying being could be a boon. Though equally I have always maintained that there is difficulty in casting, especially the more complex incantations.. and this is a particualrly difficult task.. I was thinking we could if possible train here and prevent the thransfolk getting too close while it seems to be territorial and tied to the river it is none the less dangerous. So keeping folk away will also serve to protect them.

Once we have trained and spent time here then we return to prepare for the feast and during the rest of the day and lead up to the feast talk up the elemental as the great ally, or as a creature summoned by me."

Last edited by Algared on Mon May 02, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sun May 01, 2011 3:09 pm

"Why not before? Because the creature could not be called until Saraju, of course!"
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sun May 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Algared wrote: Actually the hardest to explain I think is why didn't I create the creature before the attack or as they approached to attack a few days ago. Any other Ideas or thoughts?
He continues to think upon the issue at hand. "I've no knowledge of how your magicks work, but I've seen you preform some rituals while casting your water trick. Could there not be some long running ritual that must be done in a specific manner that could have taken a couple of days?"

Sigrun wrote: "Why not before? Because the creature could not be called until Saraju, of course!"
"Ah, Sigrun has a great point. It is the third of Saraju, and the Ilbengaad Festival is in but 7 days from now!" For the first since he saw the sketch of this 'elemental', Meldun's face widens into a grin.

"A thought to the size of it's territory and the availability to pass it. When you climbed down the cliff face, the waters became agitated. Can we assume that was because of your presence? And if so, could we go back to Ygesdram and cross the river to approach from the far bank? Should the waters become agitated again, it would appear the creature inhabits the width of the channel."

With even more of a grin on his face, "If not, we could rope you and let you swim out closer to the middle, and should anything happen, we could pull you back quickly from it's reach."
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

"If we can find a long enough rope that sounds like a good idea. Though how we get to the other side of the river is a puzzle."

"By the way, Algared, did you find out what happened with Skorri this morning?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun May 01, 2011 11:44 pm

'Yes, as I went to see the Daas Skorri was leaving, he had a skip in his step, it seems that Jabor and half the thransmen were reporting the creatures presence and the king dead. I think my father's words were "My nephew had more important matters to deal with." with a wry smile Algared says, "Mule driver's position has improved I imagine, they aren't exactly going to need to worry about the river trade.

Since my Father loves rumours and usually passes them on I ensured I told him I was responsible for the water creature."

Last edited by Algared on Mon May 02, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Mon May 02, 2011 3:51 am

"With the word now out, we need to figure out how to ferret out this spy. Most folk, kin or not, won't be comfortable with magicks about there home. For your sake, let's hope our prey shows himself quickly."
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 am

Meldun Jarlaka wrote:"With the word now out, we need to figure out how to ferret out this spy. Most folk, kin or not, won't be comfortable with magicks about there home. For your sake, let's hope our prey shows himself quickly."

"Hrmmm, for all our sakes lets hope it makes the Dagan reconsider his approaches and and stops. It maybe that using this will also give us a chance to take the fight to the Dagan. If I can get near a patrol or camp I could probabbly try a casting that would help put fear into his troops. Though that would be risky for us to undertake."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 am

"The Dagen is no small King. He may have his own wizards who can counter this elemental"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon May 02, 2011 4:28 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"The Dagen is no small King. He may have his own wizards who can counter this elemental"

"Indeed, but those of my order reported to be able to cast these are also highly skilled. To counter it, though they would also need to know the incantation, it is not impossible but it is also not probable. Though it may be possible to counter it by a battle of wills... though I'm not certain even that would work." Algared scratches his chin in thought and continues. "However it seems improbable that he has any Shek P'var with him already else we would have heard or seen their effects already, So I'd imagine even if there are Shek p'var within his realm they would need to be sent for and would take time to arrive.

I'll be honest if not for the war and the danger to my clan and family I'd be less willing to be so open and forward.. just as I'm sure you would have been less likely to leave Orbaal to travel here. So as to reasons why I didn't summon the being earlier, I think the easiest explanation will be the one Barak first suggested, that is we had not been wanting to tip our hand but after the Dagan's attack upon Adberhiem and Ygesdram the summoning was made. The other reasons add flavour but in the long run the main reason will be it is the direct result of the Dagan's attacks on Daaslund."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 am

Once the band have finished their discussion, repairs and training the band conclude their training, they will head out to prepare themselves for the feast.

Algared will, if asked, state that the elemental is a result his magiks it is not a deamon sent by as he heads home, to clean himself and prepare. He hopes that the rumours etched with some truth will cause the Dagan to reconsider and possibly even withdraw from Abderhiem (though Algared knows this is unlikely, he also worries that in the next battle he will be asked or expected call on magiks for war).
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum