From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving soon?

5 posters

Go down

Leaving soon? Empty Leaving soon?

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am

Barak to Algared "I though we were to have left by now. Should you cheek with Tersi what the plans are?
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Leaving soon? Empty Re: Leaving soon?

Post  Algared Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 pm

"He said be ready after the feast. So yes I believe it will be soon." Algared says. "Once Ygesdram is safe, I want to take the fight to the Dagan and any who support him. Likely we wouldn't be able to do too much, as much as I'd Luke to be a scourge in their rear. Though we do not want to find ourselves unwelcome in our own lands either. Nor do I want to find my father selling off my sister to one of the Dagan's goons just to save his skin or line his pockets. What ever we do will need to planned well I don't want what lite valuables we have spent for no gain or loss of life to us."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 am

Algared gathered an bundle wrapped in sheepskin from his chest before gathering the band to inform them of the role they have been asked to play in the efforts to relieve Abderhiem.

"The Daas and Storzar plan to march to aid Abderheim in two days time, immediately after Bjarri's feast. The Storzar will take his army by road, while the Daas will take his army through the hills and on the 16th day the Storzar will lure the Ibanvaalers away from Abderheim while the Daas and his smaller force will relieve the seige, free those inside its walls and then return back to Ygesdram through the hills

we have been tasked leading the initial drive east and then with the seige relieved covering the withdrawal on the return to Ygesdram, I imagine that there will there will likely be wounded, women and children amongst those we are relieving. I believe we are capable of the task. This is a task we are more suited to than looking for subervise types we cannot see. We will be ahead of the Daas force buy a quarter watch, and will thus be leaving ahead of them as we travel to Abderhiem.

Barak Borryg a lot will fall to you for we do not wish any scouts to from the Ibanvaal host spying us and escaping to raise the word of our movements as we approach. We can draw as many arrows as need so i propose we all carry a quiver so our bowmen will have an adequate supply.

"Bryndis, if and when we must form up or engare in melee I'd appreciate you being at our centre. I noticed you previously fought in only a gambesson. I had considered selling this to better equip and provide for our needs but it will likely serve you better when we must fight." Algared then unwraps the parcel revieling the breast plate. "In your gambesoon you look to be about my build so this should fit you I hope, I wish I could equip you in a mail vest but this will better guard you than quilt alone."

After giving giving Bryndis the armour Algared rerolls the lambs wool skin his had previously kept it wrapped in, then adds. "Now how can we help Sigrun our pilot, I know she desires and prefers a boat under her feet, but if one of us suffers we all suffer, I'll be honest I feel all at sea with a women who is not a huscarl but has tasks that a man would normally do." Looking at Barak Algared adds with a smile, 'Yes, Barak I know, you would say I am all at sea with any woman, and that is likely true, but one day I'll be able to afford the bride price and find a lass to wife."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 am

"Now this is more what I wanted to hear. I am ready to crack a few heads, and to be honest, it would probably be better if they were those of the Dagen's men and not local turnips. I am as ready as I will ever be."

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:12 pm

"Remember, don't speak of our role to others. It is likely expected that there will be an attack in an effort to relieve Abderhiem but few will know of the attempt to relive the siege. We know the Daas believes there are still those who would betray us if they felt it would improve there standing... Just because our band didn't find them doesn't mean they don't exist."

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Barak looks at the cuirass, then at Bryndis, then back at Algared. He wonders whether Algared has notices the anatomical differences that distinguish Bryndis from Algared in that region but thinks better of saying anything.

"So Algared, you've outlined our broad role. Do you know of any details? Are we to route find, and seek out camping places etc? How are we to tackle scouts if there is more than a couple of them, or they have horses? Will we be joined by other scouts? Varn the Storzar's hunter would make a good addition. Does Cunate have any more men he wants to add to our band"

[OoC: Queue entry of new characters ;-)]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:09 am

"I am not sure we will acquire any Of the Storzar's men Barak, they will be marching along the road to attack and draw off the main Ibanvaal host.

After the feast the Daas force will travel through the hills to be in position by the 16th so that the Daas force can bring relief to Abderhiem, as we will be in the hills I feel it is unlikely we will encounter a mounted force. We will be scouting ahead of the Daas force, at least by a half watch. To me that implies we will responsible for finding the best path and keeping the force hidden. What I have been told leads me to that after the attack we will withdraw from the place with the beleagured defenders.

It would be good to have an additional archer or two. I was thinking while I was running, although I have no idea if opportunity will present itself or it the Daas has considered it, if the Daas intends to withdraw his force back. Sigrun may be an asset should their be boats beached at Abderhiem. It is likely there will be those unable to make an overland trek and being able to withdraw them and take the boats will be able to take them off. Sigrun's skill would be helpful and I've no doubt be essential."

Algared noticing Barak's quizzical looks from the breast plate to Bryndis and says "I know it isn't complimetary to Bryn's womanly charms but in a gambesson with it over the top hopefully it will not be too constrictive or ill fitting. I suggest you try it on for size. If it is an I'll fit then it would be better if we tried to get it exchanged for something more fitting. Though I doubt we would be able to trade a 300d breast plate for mail valued at 600d. But we may be able to ensure we have leathers. I am sorry it isn't a mail hauberk or vest but that is all I have to offer you for the role I hope you will take as huscarl and where necessary trainer within this warband."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 am

Bryndis will humbly accepts Algared's gracious offer and completely misses Barak's quizzical glances...
When Algared mentions it, she'll nod agreement that trying the armour on is the best idea... and will excuse herself to do so.

[what material is it made from, so I can make adjustments to my stats...]
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 am

Wrought iron, I would suspect
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Yep it is equivelant to a plate breastplate for chest, abdomen and back...
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am

"Well, if we're trying to get to Abderheim unnoticed then, we'll have to silence their watchers. I suggest Borygg and I take the lead, we should be able to spot them, and stop them from running off with luck. As far back as can be seen we need a third person, maybe yourself Algared, or Sigrun, who acts to relay what is happening to the rest of the party who are the same distance behind. It is dangerous formation it's main weakness is those at the front won't fet timely support from the heavy fighters at the back. However, if we march together as one gang, any scouts are likely to see us and hide or run well before we get close to them."

"I doubt there will be any Ibanvaal boats at Abderheim. None were used in the attack on the thran, so that may mean the Dagan had none at his disposal beyond those he sent on the suicide mission against us. However, I do know where the Daas' boats are camped."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Well, if we're trying to get to Abderheim unnoticed then, we'll have to silence their watchers. I suggest Borygg and I take the lead, we should be able to spot them, and stop them from running off with luck. As far back as can be seen we need a third person, maybe yourself Algared, or Sigrun, who acts to relay what is happening to the rest of the party who are the same distance behind. It is dangerous formation it's main weakness is those at the front won't fet timely support from the heavy fighters at the back. However, if we march together as one gang, any scouts are likely to see us and hide or run well before we get close to them."

"I doubt there will be any Ibanvaal boats at Abderheim. None were used in the attack on the thran, so that may mean the Dagan had none at his disposal beyond those he sent on the suicide mission against us. However, I do know where the Daas' boats are camped."

"Indeed Barak, I think the scouting will favour you and Borryg, and an additional hunter or two would be an advantage. I was thinking if you and scout ahead of us by a couple hundred metres and the rest follow behind. I think the biggest danger is we encounter scouts or even a force in the hills aimed at flanking the force marching along the road. If we opperate in pairs, with you and Borryg each paired with another we may be able to cover a wider front.

While I dont expect there to be any warboats boats at Abderhiem, there may be some fishing vesselsl. If the Daas intends, as it seems, to withdraw all the defenders then taking any fishing vessels as may be there will deprive the foe of the means to supply his force." Algared asksthe warband "We have trained a some together and are becoming more use to fighting and working together, we will be acting as a scouts and a skirmish screen how best can we do so and protect our own integrity reducing the risks to us?"

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:09 am

Bjarni ponders for a moment then says "the best way to reduce risks to ourselves is to stay here. Other than that - hit the other man before he hits you."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down