From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5 Nuzyael 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm

"Deathbed? Die?"

Kuglad throws his arm around Hovik's shoulders. "I'm never gonna die. You know why? Because I am so...very...pretty. I am just too pretty for Sarajin to let me die. Huh? Look at that chiseled jaw!"

"And ridiculous??? Warrior's, and their fun-filled feasts, are never ridiculous! Pompus, arrogant, not to mention incredibly sexy, but never, ever ridiculous."

He laughs and playfully taps Hovik on the chin.

"Don't know how bright you are, top five percent of healers and all, but you ain't weak, and that's not nothin'. I will say this...if I ever have need of a healer to stitch up my wounds, you'll be my very first, well sorta only, choice."

They arrive at the hall. "So, let's see what tasks the Jarl has for us."

TTYL

- Kerry

(OOC: Apologies to Joss Whedon and Firefly for the plagerised dialogue, but I am sorta modelling Kugald on Malcolm Reynolds.)
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:36 am

"Ridiculous feasts? Hovik how can you call a celebration of life.. of that which was, is and will be Ridiculous. The feasts are as much to remember the deeds of the fallen and take comfort as a community as much as anything else. If Kugald lay on his deathbed, it may be a different matter none the less if a feast was held to honour his deeds then I would go. But you didn't leave the wounded primarily to go to the feast, If I hear correctly Master Hervold would have sent you away because you were so exhausted, you cannot honestly tell me you weren't dead on your feet. Yes, Hervold sent you away and insisted you go to the feast, but would you have preferred he tell you to get out because in your exhausted state you were more likely to cause death than bring healing. And if my friend you believe that in such a state of exhaustion you can properly care for a man whether dying or not then I would say you are mistaken. I can tell you horror stories of what happens to memebers of my order who try to cast when in such a state of exhaustion. Pride my friend afflicts both the warriors, healers cooks and even my order...." Algared stops talking as the warband approach the greathall and are stopped at the doors.

A huscarl stand guard near the door "With respect, you are not permitted entry"

[ooc we have the Doc, and that makes Thorin The man called Kayne... I'm no engineer so I'm, not Kaylee, though kinda spiritual so that must mean ive aged lots and am Book. My only problem is wondering whether Kerry has a defeatist attitude with regards to the war with Ibanvaal aka the federation.]

Last edited by Algared on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Story line change)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:17 am

Jurri listens with amusement to the dialogue between Hovik and his merciless support group, but declines to get involved.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:05 am

As you approach the greathall a huscarl stands guard near the gate. As you near the gate he halts your progress with a firm but respectful "With respect, you are not permitted entry."
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 am

Kugald steps forward.

"I understand. Is the thrangaad in session?"

"We wish to speak with the Jarl. I will be at the meadhall with my friends or at the forge. Can you send one of the boys to get me when he is ready to speak to us. Thank you."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:55 am

"I don't think so" answers the huscarl.

"I have been instructed to stop anyone from entering" with a nod the huscarl responds to your message.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:29 am

"Well, if the Jarl is busy, why don't we head to the meadhall and grab something to eat and drink. I am starved."

Kugald looks around to see if others are interested. He heads over to the meadhall in the company of those that are hungry or thirsty. He leads them in to the hall.

"Hello, my darling Kadlin," he says to one of the pretty young serving wenches, "I am starved. Do you have any food ready?" She nods, "Ay, Kugald. We have a hearty pottage with beef."

"I will take a big bowl of pottage, a loaf of bread and a tankard of mead, me luv."

He looks back at his companions.

"So, who else is hungry? You! Hovik, don't slink away! You need some meat on your skinny little bones, otherwise, you will fade away to nothing and then who will stitch up my future wounds! Kadlin, bring Hovik a bowl too, with some bread and mead, my treat."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 am

Following custom, Jurri will offer to perform in exchange for his food and drink. If there's not many here this time of day, he's happy to come back later to drum up business (he'll even bring his drum).

Either way, once he's made arrangements, he'll sit down with the others to eat and drink.

"What do you suppose has the Jarl's attention this time?" he asks between bites.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 am

"Well, this morning a dozen or so warriors arrived and sent a delegation to speak to the Jarl. I assume he is still meeting the delegation," Kugald says between munching on hunks of bread dipped in pottage.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:50 pm

Neirin leaves the greathall and sees his companions walking through the main gates of the thran, heading towards the thran market. He follows behind and catches up with them as they are ordering food and drink in the tavern. He sits quietly at the table and orders an ale. The hunter seems reflective for a time, then makes an announcement to the group, "My friends, it seems we are soon to be brethren. The valhakar has honoured me with an invitation to join Clan Daas, and I have accepted."

[OOC] I am away this weekend on Vancouver Island for a mini-vacation with my kids. I may be able to get online, but if not I'll be back Sunday evening.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm

For the first time since he came to Ygesdram, Hovik is speechless. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:01 pm

"I think that's cause for celebration!" Jurri will buy a round for the table.

"Of course, that means we'll have to get you ready for the clan initiation." Jurri casts a mischievous glance at Kugald and the others while Neirin is taking a drink.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:51 am

Algaed slaps Neirin on the back in friendly manner as he says to the rest of the group whilst grinning at Hovik, 'Initiation, you mean an excuse for another ridulous feast?" with that Algared begins laughing until tears rolls down his cheeks finally he gains control of himself once more and to Neirin he says "Well that is indeed great news my friend, It truely does warm my heart that you are now Daas."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:15 am

Kugald shouts out "Daas...Daas...Daas...!" in his deep booming battle chant. Soon, the whole meadhall has joined him. He comes around the table and up to Neirin. He grabs him in a massive bear hug, quite an intimidating experience...as the weaponsmith is a big burly fellow. Kugald lifts Neirin right off his feet like a small child and swings him around like a doll!

"Welcome, brother!"

"Now, we must drink to your good fortune and ours! Katlin, four more rounds of drinks for all of my friends and FAMILY!" Neirin's (and Hovik's) eyes bulge as more and more tankards of mead weigh the table down. So much so that they swear they can hear it grown in protest. Thorin, Jurri and Algared look ready for the challenge.

Kugald lines up the tankards like two shield walls facing each other.

"Now, this is a little game Thorin and I like to call 'Mortal Combat'. Neirin and Hovik, you are on my team. Jurri and Algared, you are on Thorin's team. Now, each of us moves our tankards forward in a man-to-man challenge with one of the members of the other team. You clink your tankards together and then drink as fast as you can. The man who slams his empty tankard down on the table first is the winner of the combat." He calls out to one of the other patrons, who comes over. "Now, Oswic here will be the judge. The side with the most man-to-man victories at the end of the skirmish wins."

Kugald eyes up Neirin and Hovik, "No retreating, no quarter...this is a fight to the finish...or...until you pass out...hmmmm or can't stop vomiting, which ever comes first."

"Right, Neirin, as the newest member of the clan, you go first. Who are you going to challenge?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:51 am

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald eyes up Neirin and Hovik, "No retreating, no quarter...this is a fight to the finish...or...until you pass out...hmmmm or can't stop vomiting, which ever comes first."

Hovik rolls his eyes. Rolling Eyes "Aren't you expecting a summons from your cousin, Kugald? He might prefer to find you ambulatory, don't you think?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 am

As Oswic comes over to the table to act as judge Algared grins at Kugald and says, "and none of your antics Kugald, pulling faces to try make the other side laugh is not fighting fair." Grinning Algared glances to Kadlin winking and adds "...though if the beautiful Katlin wishes to see if we can drink a tankard while being distracted with a kiss that would be a different matter."

This brings a rauchous hail of laughter and a few slaps upon Algared's back which also causes him to blush somewhat as Katlin smiles and continues about her work.

Last edited by Algared on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 am

Kugald laughs. "My cousin didn't want to see me today anyway. Besides, I have drank more than a half a dozen tankards and still been more than ambu...abla...amutori....ah shit, I could still walk fine."

"None of your excuses, Hovik...advance!"

Kugald grabs Katlin as she walks by and gives her a big kiss...she does not resist, but when he is done gives him a solid slap on the cheek. The crowd roars with laughter.

"None of your shifty tactics Algared," as he slaps Katlin on the butt as she walks away, "Katlin's one of my most loyal supporters..."

He rubs his hands together..."Now, since you are so talkative cousin, I challenge you!" He picks up a tankard, clinks it with Algared and starts chugging. The crowd is split, half chanting "Kugald...Kugald...Kugald" the other half chanting "Algared...Algared...Algared".

It is a near run, but Kugald gets his tankard to the table a half a heart beat faster, bending the handle with the force of his slam. From the bar, Jabor yells "You have to pay for that Kugald."

"Yah, yah...Victory!" Kugald yells out at the top of his lungs.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:03 am

Hovik frowns, gathers his belongings, and walks away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 am

Kugald shakes his head, but does nothing to stop Hovik leaving. Within a few heartbeats, he attention is drawn back to the game.

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 am

Algared gulps for air having downed his tankard and placing it ot on the table, he sighs being beaten only by slightest margin as Kugald slams his empty tankard down. The small crowd cheer and laugh drawing others into the inn even though it is early. Jabor Dass smiles from behind the bar as Katlin serves the patrons and whisks the empty tankards and coins away.

Algared bows to the cheers then he punches Kugald's shoulder playfully and lightly, feigning pain as if he had just punched a wall, before saying "that was but a skirmish cousin you have yet to win this war."

Last edited by Algared on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:51 pm

The drinking game continues for another hour. Unfortunately, with the loss of Hovik, Neirin and Kugald are outnumbered. Neirin is soon passed out and snoring. Kugald lasts a couple more rounds, but by that time he has slowed considerably and Thorin's team wins handily.

The five remaining members of the war band make their way along the road to Clan Grebel's longhouse where Neirin is staying, with Neirin suspended between Kugald and Thorin. Jurri and Algared are leading them with a battle song. When they reach the house and bang on the door, Lokuus, Kelsi' oldest son answers. He looks at Neirin and then Kugald. "Mortal Combat?" he asks. "Mortal Combat!" Kugald replies.

"He'll be regretting that in the morning..."

Once Neirin is safely home, the others return to their own clan houses. The huscarls shake their heads as the drunken bunch stagger up the hill to the thran. Kugald slips 'quietly' into his clan house (only waking a half-a-dozen people). He strips off his gear and crawls under the furs. Soon he is sound asleep and snoring loudly.

TTYL

- Kerry

Last edited by GM on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change story line)
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Hovik wanders a bit. He's in a melancholic mood, worried about his friend Neirin. It won't be easy for him, being both Daas and Yarili. It's time he should have spent knocking on the doors of friends looking for a place to sleep. When he realizes the time, it's a bit late. He espies a shed where Clan Nildrom keeps timbers and sailcloth, and finds a nook within to sleep. He'll wake up early, shivering from the cold, but that's alright. Hovik loves the dawn. All dreams seem possible in the first light of dawn.

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 am

The last vision Hovik while he is tucked up in his blanket inside the timber shed is snow beginning to fall.

The rest of the warband are all asleep and warmed by a hearth fire well before they see this.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2