From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 Nuzyael 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

7 Nuzyael 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 7 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 am

You knock on the clanhouse door from behind the closed door you hear people moving about - the door opens and an attractive women in perhaps in early thirties stands before you, her blonde hair catching the firelight from the hearth fire behind her.

When you detail your situation to her, the woman introduces herself as Ashaal, invites you to enter the clanhouse. You recognise Ashaal as the first wife to Borri a distant cousin. Ashaal calls for a young lad, he has his mothers obvious good looks, he is in his early teens, to help tend your horses. Grabbing a cloak from a nearby stand he pulls the cloak on and leads Kugald and Thorin across the now rain soaked yard to a small outbuilding.

Numerous livestock inhabit this building, a few oxen, some cows, goats and pigs. Several stalls stand empty at this time and you are shown by the young lad named Reike where to stable your horses, he waits as you tend your animals and offers to help where he can by fetching hay and blankets.

There is an obvious lack of older men around the thran. When your horses are tended and are ready you return to the clanhouse.

You find your companions seated around the hearth fire enjoying it's warmth. They are joined by Ashaal, Reike, another women in her mid twenties named Urshal and several children inhabit the clanhouse. Ashaal offers you all food and drink. A pot stands simmering over the hearth fire and several of the older girls offer you some small ale to start. You are served a pottage of various vegetables and pork.

You are left in peace while you eat, drink and warm up and once the plates have been collected Ashaal says "So what has you out on a night like tonight?"
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 am

Thorin warms himself by the hearth, looking to Kugald to answer the womens questions....

(OOC: Real life has been in the way!..LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 am

Greeting the ladies and those of the Daas Clanhouse for a second time Algared gives thanks for the hospitality as he removes his sodden gambesons before cleaning and and drying his his helm and other gear as best he can. He greatfully accepts the food offered by Ashaal.

Once he has finished eating he stays at the table as long as manners require and allows Kugald to speak of travels, as the table talk begins to die down Algared suggests Jurri play a few songs or tell a tale. As Jurri entertains Algared slips away finding a quiet place to meditate and study.

Last edited by Algared on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 am

Kugald says "Barak, if your load is so heavy, lets put some of it on Gauk's back [...]" to which Barak responds "Gladly I will do leave my spear, knapsack and shield when we depart in the morning. It will make my trip in to Rojanstad all the faster. I thought we were going to quickly arrest the regenegade, I did not realise we were going to be on an extended manhunt, otherwise I would have left my weapon in Ygesdram. I make a better tracker than warrior anyway."

Barak will gladly warm himself by the fire. He'll give his heartfelt thanks for the hospitality and whilst waiting for Kugald to return he'll ask Ashaal "Is there somewhere I can hang my cloak and tunic to dry?" If so he'll change in to his hopefully drier tunic in his knapsack and leave his outer clothes to dry out. He'll again wish he was rich enough to be able to afford a sealskin parker - lightweight and dry. He'll put his belt (and knife/axe) back on... as much as it is good to be somewhere where it is hopefully safe, he dosn't totally trust the situation.

He'll gladly partake of the pottage and eat plenty of it, since who knows when they'll next get a hot meal; but he will try not to drink to much of the small ale [Will: 16] he wants to stay alert and by the sounds of it there is a long trek ahead tomorrow.

He'll leave answering Ashaal's question to Kugald. However, if he gets the chance (i.e. when he can talk without everyone overhearing), he'll quietly ask Reike Jnr or some other child, "So where is your dad tonight? Has he gone fishing?"

Last edited by GM on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GM Confirming Information)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Just for your information - information that everyone bar Jurri and Madrin would be aware of - You have noticed a distinct lack of men around the numerous thrans you have walked through. There are nearly 1000 warriors now gathered in and around Ygesdram. They have been called to muster.

The young lad responds "My Paa, he and Onkel Urthiss and my brother Thaal and his friend Yergaal and Gerthuus have gone with the Jarl to kill the Ibanvaal" with a look to his mother he turns back and adds "he will be back soon" than with an imaginary sword swings it around several times and says "next time I will be big enough to go with him and kill them too!" he adds with a smile showing the ignorance of youth.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

The young lad responds "My Paa [has] gone with the Jarl to kill the Ibanvaal"

I respond, as reassuringly as possible, "I am sure your paa is a mighty warrior and he'll bring great honour to himself and his household. When you are a grown man you will to. Don't worry, he'll be back soon, whole and hearty, and he will tell you of his adventures. For now you have to be the big man of the house and look after your ma and the women folk. You'll do that, won't you?"

Later that night, after the children are asleep, Barak engages Kugald in conversation "The muster is under way. I am part of the muster; as are you. Should we be mustering in Ygesdram or is this mission more important? Did the Jarl say? All his said to me is that I would be doing his bidding by serving you. I will follow your instruction in this matter."

[OoC: I believe I trained alongside Kugald in the militia]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm

"We thank you for your kindness, Ashaal," Kugald says after finishing stabling their horses. He gravely offers his hand to young Reike, "and, for the help of such a capable young man. I am sure your father is very proud of you."

GM wrote:
You are left in peace while you eat, drink and warm up and once the plates have been collected Ashaal says "So what has you out on a night like tonight?"

"As you know, the Ibanvaalese have invaded and captured Froyby. The Daas summons all of his warriors to Ygesdram, leaving the thrans with very few men to guard them. He has tasked our small band with patrolling this area to deter brigands, bandits and thieves from taking advantage of the men's absence. Fortunately, we have seen no evidence of any criminals. All seems very safe and our presence is unnecessary. When we finish our patrol, we will report back to the Jarl and I expect we will be joining the muster as well."

"Thank you for this fine meal and a warm, dry place to sleep tonight. The rain came upon us half way from Deje to here."

"Your son has a good, strong name, it reminds me of a friend of mine, Reike Gerherbt. Do you know him? He lives in Rojanstad and I was hoping to see him tonight if the weather hadn't conspired against us."

Barak wrote:
Later that night, after the children are asleep, Barak engages Kugald in conversation "The muster is under way. I am part of the muster; as are you. Should we be mustering in Ygesdram or is this mission more important? Did the Jarl say? All his said to me is that I would be doing his bidding by serving you. I will follow your instruction in this matter."

Kugald smiles as he hangs up his wet clothing to dry. "Fear not cousin, there will be plenty of time to join the muster. The Daas himself has tasked us with this mission. If we were of more use to him in the muster, then that is where we would be. For now, we complete this mission. When it is done, we return to Ygesdram and join the muster...that is, unless the Jarl has another task for us." When his clothes are taken care of, he carefully takes out all his weapons and armor and cleans, drys and oils them.

Unless there are other things to do, he goes to bed.

TTYL

- Kerry

OOC: I am assuming the clanhouse doors are barred and that they would get some warning before being attacked, otherwise we would set a watch.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Reassured by Kugald, Barak will sort out his equipment and dry it (using the linen cloth in his knapsack) as necessary. He will carefully check his bowstrings, but since his bow has not been strung all day they should have stayed dry in quiver and purse. After that it is time for a good nights sleep. He'll take off his boots and belt and unroll his furs. He'll try and find a place well back from any door and preferably in the corner out of any draughts. Before snuggling off to sleep, he'll put his knife (in its scabbard) by his side and under the furs. He hopes that the rest won't keep him awake with their singing and drinking.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Jurri will sing and perhaps play a few tunes, but will focus mostly on story telling: heroic tales, meant to fire the imagination of young Reike. He'll also inspect his instruments to see whether the rain did them any harm, and clean/polish them as needed.

Otherwise, he will go to sleep as soon as it is practical. He has a bad feeling about tomorrow.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:"Your son has a good, strong name, it reminds me of a friend of mine, Reike Gerherbt. Do you know him? He lives in Rojanstad and I was hoping to see him tonight if the weather hadn't conspired against us."

"Yes, I know of him" she replies "the Valhakar of their clan" she smiles a bit "My husband says that he thinks his ideas are writing urser's notes his abilities cannot match" then Ashaal puts her hand to her mouth "Pardon, perhaps I speak out of turn"

After the conversation the children are put to bed and the adults entertain themselves with a bit of song and saga... before long the ladies of the house bid you each good night and retire for the night.

The rain still falls against the roof as you drift asleep....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:17 pm

While doing the usual tasks (drying clothes, tending to weapons and armour, eating), Borygg will keeping his eyes and ears open for anything unusual or interesting (GM edit - No awareness roll necessary. The GM will make all those necessary die rolls as they are needed!)
As activity dies down, Borygg will find a corner or other spot and spread out his bedroll and go to sleep with his trusty dagger handy.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:37 pm

It is late when algared finishes meditating and study, and in the dim light cast by the hearth fire he makes a final cheak of his equipment gathers his bedroll finds empty bench space and lets sleep claim him.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4