From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 Nuzyael 720

+2
Algared
GM
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

22 Nuzyael 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:36 am

Barak Daas wrote:[OoC: Did Barak find any windows big enough to climb out of? How secure is their bedroom (walls, roof, windows, doors etc]]

Yes all the windows could potentially be climbed out of, however, all the windows are shuttered for the night. They windows are all barred from the inside by a timber bar. There is a single window in the bedroom with an easterly facing that is also shuttered and barred. The roof is thatch throughout the clanhouse. The only doorway into the bedroom is curtained off from the living area by some linen.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 am

Barak goes over to the pot to see if there is anything in it. Failing that he'll look to see if they have anything in the way of food. He'll look out for any preserved rations. Obviously avoiding seafood, he'll find himself a bowlful of anything that looks edible. He'll lay 2d down on the table in front of the couple: "Its yours. I'd suggest you hide it." and with a smile he adds "We won't look when you do". More seriously he continues "You can trust Kugald. We don't want to harm you. But we can't risk you giving the alarm, so you are our honoured guests for the night."

If Barak found any preserved food stuff he'll make a fair assessment of its value "I will offer you [x] pennies for the [cheese/meat/dried fruit/etc] if you want to sell it."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:45 am

Barak then approaches Kugald, and talks to him quietly, hopefully so that the couple can't hear: "I would suggest we secure the couple in their bedroom. However, there is a window that they could get out of, and it is only secured by a bar on the inside. It would be a huge risk. Alternatively, we could bind them hand and foot. That way both they and we would be safe. When we set the watches for the night, we must ensure our prisioners are guarded as well as guarding ourselves from outsiders."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 am

Algared removes his helm, and and asks the couple who they are. He knows they are likely scared concerned and worried. once again war has come to their doorstep. as they talk he hopes to learn a little more about the make-up of the thran and more importantly the number of defenders they will likely face.

He listens, and then excuses himself and goes to his pack, pulling out what foods remain.

[OOC: NEIL, since Algared fasted and managed to gather 0.5 lbs extra from home before the march thus I gather he should still has a little left.]

"I managed to to suppliment the rations we recieved with a little extra from home, I thought I still had a little left. Though I admit something warm would be appreciated." Looking up towards Kugald he says. 'If we see what we have combined Cousin we can avoid depriving these good folk of what little they have, or exchange it. Also after the Victory I feel we should return here and ensure these folk do not suffer any more loss if we can help it. None the less after we have eaten we should rest and set watch." Algared doesn't say it, though he certainly thinks it. If we are victorious at the there will be food stockpiled in the thranhold, if not depriving these folk of what little they have left wont matter for we will have died whilst holding the gate.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:42 am

[OoC: Assuming the game moves on... When Barak charges for the gate (which he is happy to lead being fleet of foot and having some (as yet to be quantified) skill with the spear and bow) he'll leave his knapsack and throwing spears in the house they currently occupy]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 am

When the group has settled in and perhaps eating, Borygg will ask Kugald what the plan might be for the morning.

"Is there a plan for anything other than brute force? Are we all to just storm the gates? Perhaps those of us with bows could try to take out the guards who open the gates while the rest of our band rushes up."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 am

"I think if we succeed at seizing the gate, a few of us should work to disable it somehow. That way, if we cannot hold it, at least it might still be open when the main force arrives."

OOC: Are we supposed to give some sort of signal once we've seized the gate? (Sound a horn? Run up the Jolly Roger? Torch semaphore?)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:10 am

Jurri Grebel wrote:"I think if we succeed at seizing the gate, a few of us should work to disable it somehow. That way, if we cannot hold it, at least it might still be open when the main force arrives."

'If?" Algared seems shocked as he speaks quietly, "Why Jurri you mean, when we have seized the gate. We are the heroes of the leim River, we have Kugald and Thorin and a Priest.. not to mention our skald. Victory is assured."

Algared chuckles softly, then with a smirk and in a slightly more serious tone adds.

"Trust the Daas my friend, his three favorite younger cousins are here. He wont let us down."

Last edited by Algared on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:18 am

"Fine, when we seize the gate. My point was whether to disable it. And how."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 am

A small pot hangs above the glowing embers of the fire in the hearth, it's contents look like a pork broth with vegetables. If nothing else it is hot if not all that tasty. Various smoked meats hang from the rafters, dried fruits and cheese can be found. There is probably enough food here to feed your warband for in excess of a tenday.

Algared searches his pack for something to eat and is only able to find a few morsels that have not yet been devoured. You did fast during one meal but would have more than made up for it when you next ate, your 0.5lbs is about 250g. Enough for a snack but not for a substantial meal He looks up to reply to Jurri as he continues his search, with a shrug he takes what he has found and takes a seat next to the man and woman. Algared attempts to offer some light conversation with them as he eats.

Thaldirs (or one of his warband) will sound a horn to indicate when the attack has started - the attack will attack as soon as the gates are opened in the morning.

The couple are not that interested in swapping stories with anyone. While you sit and attempt to engage them in conversation they remain almost defiant, watching as you offer coin while taking their food. Every now and then you catch the man looking around the clanhouse like he is plotting and scheming, you remain on your guard and keep him under watch.

Erdrick takes a position near the door to the stables and leans against the wall after he has entered. Seeing everyone take some food he too moves over to the pot, grabs a bowl and takes a serving for himself, places a few coins on the table then returns to his place by the stable. Once he has finished eating he pushes the bowl to oneside and takes out his notebook and begins to add another entry.

Thorin maintains a position near Kugald and continuoulsy wanders the clanhouse as he checks and re-checks doors and windows. He stops momentarily as he too gathers something hot to eat from the pot, placing several coins on the table near the others. He stands next to Kugald as he eats returning the bowl to the table when he is done. He once again continues his wandering.

Vidar after entering the thran offers an oath of peace and a blessing on the family. He too takes a share of the contents of the pot before wiping his chin on his sleeve and returning the empty bowl to the table. Being used to such hospitality he does not offer payment for the meal. Knowing that to offer such would be considered rude and improper and more than likely offend the family even more.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:42 am

"Right."

"Rotating watch, two men on guard at all times. We all," he says looking at the couple, "stay together and sleep in the main room."

"As for the attack, we fight as shield pairs. The front four: Jurri, Algared, Vidar and Thorin charge the gate. The back four, Erdrick, Barak, Borygg and myself follow with our spear and shield slung and our bows in our hands, an arrow strung and quiver on the belt. When we have a good shot, the bowmen stop and shoot while the others charge, then we follow up the attack."

"Once we get in the gate...and remember Thaldirs and his men will be joining us...we hold the gate. I will jam my axe in the hinge of one of the gates to make sure they can't quickly or easily close it. We only have to hold for a few minutes until the first wave of our army arrives."

He finds a comfortable spot. "Algared and Barak, first watch. Vidar and I follow. Then, Thorin and Borygg. Finally, Jurri and Erdrick. Wake us when the first light shines over the mountains."

Kugald takes a bowl of food, leaving 10d on the table. "Take it. Bury it after we leave in the morning and before the others arrive. It is better than nothing. And...don't get any foolish ideas tonight. Bide your time, we will be gone at dawn. You try something, one of my men or I will kill you without hesitation."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 am

Algared nods as Kugald gives the watch instructions. He places his pack and extra weapons in the corner and takes his spear and stands watch. When it is time to wake the the next watch he will suggest Barak keep alert while he wakes their relief, deeming Barak the better warrior and thus better able to react to trouble should it arise Only once the new watch is in place and fully awake he will lie down and sleep trusting his companions to do their job.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 am

Barak watches the couple distain the coins, before turning to Kugald "We should take our share of the preserved food here and refil our ration sacks. What we don't take, Cunate will, unless he is planning on his host starving. He pauses eyeing up a particular nice looking saussage. Barak is viking, more than that he is at war. Ivinians are known the world over for there fiercesome reputation, their rape and pillage, not for asking politely asking and following the rules of clan hosting. He wonders if these people are Menglana or Ibanvaal settlers.

"As to your plan, Kugald, I am as good with a spear as any man here, but if you want me to plod along at the back I can do that. However, waking at first light seems too late for me. We have to be ready to rush them as soon as Thaldris sounds his horn. Which will be when the gates are opened. Who says that they won't open the gates at first light too? But, hopefully they won't do that until dawn, so we'll have a little while to get ready."

Glaring meaningfully at the man, Barak adds "And we should bind his hands - it is a risk to leave him unbound whilst we sleep."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:00 am

As the warband prepare themselves for rest, Erdrick moves towards the lantern and extinguishes the light "might raise suspicion having a light on all night" he says.

Soon the warband have found a comfortable place to rest, the man has gone into his bedroom (under supervision) and retrieved some sleeping gear for both himself and his wife.

The man and woman grab a corner of the living area near their bedroom and lean against the wall as the man places a blanket around his wifes shoulders, he holds her in his arms as they wait for sleep to take them.

Before long only Algared and Barak are the only ones awake, snores can be heard from the man as he craddles his wife, her head resting against his shoulder.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 pm

OOC: Jesus CHRIST you guys have been busy while I've been nursing a sinus infection! All sounds good to me, for the record.

Vidar would like to simply engage the couple in conversation to find out their history: are they loyal to Ibanvaal or are they resentful? Or do they not care one way or the other?

Vidar would have tried to downplay the issuing of rewards and apologies and what-not, preferring a more "just relax, guys" approach to the couple in the house. We all have some part of the Viking in us, afterall! We don't need to rehash all of that, though.

One last thing: Vidar would like to conduct a Liturgy ritual (circle II) for any of the warband who would like to lend him some piety. It could come in handy tomorrow! (If it is successful, each member may contribute up to 10 (MS) or 20 (CS) piety to Vidar. In return, tomorrow I plan on praying for some enhancements to various members' STR, END, and MOV as applicable.

Any objections?

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Vidar Orbaason wrote:Any objections?
Barak will not object to the Litergy in any way; nor will he participate.

[OoC: In player terms Barak will keep his meager piety until he really needs it.

In character terms, though Sarajin is part of his cultural identity, and his mythos is all that he knows, Barak is not sure about the significance of Sarajin to him. He feels estranged from a diety that dosn't actively support hunting (in fact one who may well frown on it). Usnarl's attitude is ambigeous: Barak dosn't just want to be tollerated as a hunter. The church's teachings on loyalty to the family and clan have only tenuous meaning for him. And the beserk lust for battle and glory is diametricly opposed to the planning, cunning, and patience of hunting. Most of what he knows comes from his fathers, both of whom - being fishermen and followers of Alaryr - welcomed the church's beliefs much more than he.

Barak would probably be more inclined to Yarili totemism/animalism if he knew anything meaningful about it.]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Elkryi reference (couldn't recall the name earlier))
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:49 pm

OOC: Kugald will participate in the liturgy, although it could wipe out his piety, he is happy to do it. If he dies tomorrow, it is Sarajin's will and he will know Kugald's character.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 pm

First Algared sits with the couple as he tries to gather any sort of information about them, after some time he gives up as the couple refrain from answering any of his questions.

Algared shrugs and leaves them sitting at the table, his questions only answered with silence.

Vidar takes up the challenge next, after a while he takes the seat vacated by Algared and begins to offer conversation. He too is met with the sound of silence, then after some convincing that man "Allow us our peace, you invade our home, take our food and then try to befriend us with talk, I mean no disrespect priest, but leave us alone" with that he places his arm around his wifes shoulder and draws her closer to him.

A close look at her face shows the strain she is feeling - perhaps despite your best intentions she is fearing for the safety of her husband, herself and her clanhouse.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm

At Vidar's suggestion of perfroming a liturgy Algared nods. 'Aye, friend lead us in payer. And draw the slayers eye our way so he grants his favor, ensuring the success of our venture and freedom of Menglana, from Ibanvaal thralldom'
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 pm

OOC: Just a point of clarification. Vidar doesn't have much intention of "befriending" these people or even apologizing for the intrusion. Again, he would have preferred/suggested a more "Relax. This will all be over in a couple of days" approach towards the couple -- not friendly, and not hostile; just a "this is what it is" attitutude. But that's the price of being sick and afk for a few days! Vidar's only point of conversation with the couple was to determine if they are Ibanvaal sympathizers or resentful of their aggression. Vidar will still understand their lack of cooperation and let it be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 am

Kugald Daas wrote:OOC: Kugald will participate in the liturgy, although it could wipe out his piety, he is happy to do it. If he dies tomorrow, it is Sarajin's will and he will know Kugald's character.

OOC:Though if it wipes out our piety we'll be out of grace so if we die, Sarajin will then likely take on the guise of a the Soup Nazi and say, "No Feast for You!"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:23 am

[OoC: It can't wipe out your piety without your say so. It is a voluntary donation of up to 10/20 points; so you can always just donate a single point if you choose].
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:29 am

Jurri will gladly participate in the liturgy (he'll contribute 5 piety). He's devout, but not (to put it in game terms) willing to fall from grace for the sake of the ritual.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:34 am

Borygg has been making efforts lately to more closely follow Sarajin and the tenets of his faith. He has a lot to make up for in his past. He will participate as well.

OOC: I won't specify a number of piety points Borygg will contribute, as he would have no way of knowing about such things. He will participate to the extent he can and what happens, happens.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3