From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 Nuzyael 720

+2
Borygg Raal
GM
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

25 Nuzyael 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 25 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm

"People are long gone - the embers are cold" says Barak when he returns dragging a large weight "I suspect that the thran was emptied two days ago and the houses have just been used as barracks by the army since then. Anyway, I have brought you this sheep for supper - I'll help Algarad cook it on my return"

Barak the disappears off again to find Borygg. Later he reappears

"I couldn't find anything else of value in this thran - it looks like it has been striped clean. Borygg has got you a present Algarad." he says "Right lets get this sheep roasting".

Barak goes and fetches some of the firewood he saw stacked outside and a large spit from one of the hearths. He then lights the fire and gets a steady blaze going and then he then settles down to gut, skin and dress the sheep and put it on the spit over the fire. Whilst doing this he remarks: "The Daas should be content tonight and well pleased with us. I caught him a pig which should provide him a good supper to celibrate his tremendous victory today. Did you see how the enemy line first collapsed under our spears. I am sure that is why we were selected to make up the advance guard. So Juri, how is your saga coming along. I hope you've mentioned by great spear-play today." He smiles at that jest.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 am

Soon the fire blazes and Barak has the spit setup and the mutton is roasting away. The clanhouse fills with the smell of roasting meat. Algared informs you that the meal should be ready in about a watch or so.

With the sudden burst of activity over, the men of the advance guard settle in to wait. A watch is set in the gatehouse leading into the thranhold.

About a 1/2 a watch after you have settled in a call goes out to all, that the rest of the warband are arriving. Within an hour the rest of the warband have found suitable accomodation and the wounded have been set up in conditions that will aid their recovery as best as possible.

While you assist where you can with the arrival of the rest of the warband, Barak and Borygg are found and told that they will be required to take a watch in the gatehouse. They will take the first half of the sixth watch, the rest of you are not required to tak a turn on watch tonight.

Last edited by GM on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

"I go get him his supper, and hoe does the Daas repay me? By keeping me up all night." Barak laughs "Well Borygg we'll have plenty of time to unearth the treasure chest buries in the guard house."

[OoC: not that I'm expecting a fight... Around the thran Barak does not wear armour and only carries his knife and hatchet. On guard duty he wears his brynie (not cowl), helm, and carries shield, spear and sword (plus his ever present hunting knife)]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Once the sheep is finished roasting Algared will searve up potions to the band. Once having eaten he will find a place to sleep.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 am

With the efforts of the day now beginning to take their toll, the men of the warband find themselves dozing fitfully. Algared searches the kitchen of the clanhouse and locates the pantry, inside he finds all sorts of dried fruit and berries.

With about 1/2 a watch before the mutton should be ready, Algared begins to prepare a broth and some vegetables to go with the evening meal.

The smells of roasting meat and stewing broth fills the clanhouse. Outside men continue to go about their business, some carrying water, others on what appears to be important business while other still just appear to be wandering the thranhold filling in time. Every now and then a member of the Daas warband will enter the clanhouse you occupy and share an ale and some conversation and then wander off content with the companionship you offer.

The day is still cool with the wind shifting to the north east.

As the sun sets it lights the western sky with shades of pink and red. The clouds shift lazily through the evening sky.

With darkness falling in the hall, Borgyy sets to lighting the lamps and is soon joined by Barak. With the hall lit dimly by several lamps and the hearth fire the warband sit back and watch Algared go about the final preparations for the evening meal.

Algared takes a carning knife from the kitchen and begins to carve slices of mutton from the roasting carcass. Algared calls the men to dinner and serves them each a bowl of broth, several cuts of the mutton and some boiled vegetables. Soon the warband come to life as they set to polishing off the hot meal.

With your bellies full spirits lift and soon stories of great expliots are being told. Each of you once again check your equipment and find that the efforts of the last few days are beginning to tell, links in armour have been broken, sword bladses and axe heads are getting nicked, leather buckles are broken and straps begin to fray. All things that can be fixed easily with the right equipment and tools.

Sleeping areas are found and gear is prepared. Borygg and Barak finds places near the clanhouse entrance. While others scatter themselves around the fire. The warband find solace in sleep.

During the night the clanhouse door is opened and you all grab for hidden weapons and prepare to fight only to realise that the 'intruder' is one of your own, here to wake Barak and Borygg for their turn on watch.

Barak and Borygg are lead from the clanhouse upto the gatehouse and for the next half a watch they take their turn on watch. During this time the temperature drops and the night air becomes very cold and the dark clouds begin to gather as the wind blows strong from the north. Soon the time for their watch is over and with a quick game of axe or sword that Barak losses he finds himself the one to go and wake the next two warriors for their turn on watch. Leaving Borygg alone in the gatehouse.

Soon Borygg spots three men moving through the thranhold compound heading towards the gatehouse. Footsteps are heard on the stairs as Borygg grips his spear and prepares for the unexpected only to have Barak and two other men enter the uppermost level. With their watch over Barak and Borygg return to their clanhouse after waking their companions once again and before long all are soon asleep.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3