From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow (2nd Peonu)

5 posters

Go down

Tomorrow (2nd Peonu) Empty Tomorrow (2nd Peonu)

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Barak will find sometime to discuss tomorrow - either before going to sleep or over breakfast...

If we're visiting the settlement tomorrow I think we need to be organised and get the timing right (just in case things go wrong and we have to leave in a hurry).

I suggest that the party visiting the thran don't leave the camp until mid-day, which means they will get to the thran in the afternoon. This means we will all have a chance to do something useful around the camp for at least one watch - whether hunting, fishing, foraging, or preparing for the trip. The four that remain behind then have a watch to do something else before the those who have been to the thran get back. They can make sure everything is ready at camp for a fast exit.

Hopefully everything will have gone well and we can spend the night in the camp before moving on. If something isn't right - we can then scarper quickly, or mount a 'raid' on the thran as appropiate - either way using the cover of twilight/darkness in our favour. I am probably being over cautious but I don't want to loose all our chance to do stuff in flight, nor do I want to have to abandon half our gear.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow (2nd Peonu) Empty Re: Tomorrow (2nd Peonu)

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:21 am

When Kugald mentions the possibility of a thran visit to try buy bread, Algared says. "Rather than loaves of bread kugald a bag of oats and rye and some herbs and spices would be better. The oats and rye could be ground into flour for bread, cooked as a porridge or added to a stew to give it a little body, apart from that the grains wont be as baulky. If we stay here long enough I and have the intestines of a beast I could make some sausages, and try smoke some fish."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:44 am

"We've no grindstone" says Barak "but the stew sounds nice."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:05 am

This conversation can be taking place around the fire while you are eating your meal and checking your gear
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

"The problem with raw grains is preparing them. The advantage of cooked bread is that all the work is done, you just have to eat it. We don't have a hand mill, as Barak said, nor a 'dutch oven' for cooking the bread. But if we can buy some barley, it would go well in a pottage. Also, some vegetables...dried peas, onions, carrots, turnips would be good too."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Well a flat bread of sorts could be made on a pan if we had flour, but the lack of eggs would be a problem. Still, we'd be served well with some dried fruits, sausages, cheese rolled oats and barely. I just feel the baulkiness of bread wouldn't be worth the effort," Algared laughs, 'though if you want to get some breads I'll gladly help you devour them.'

Algared returns to checking his equipment and joins the jokes be seems to be a distant at times as he contemplates some matter, occassionally hiding his distraction as an effort to remove a spot or stain from a pirce or euipment. "I suppose we can use tomorrow to wash our clothes and ourselves, we are all starting to get a little on the nose."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

"If you can get it, I think we definately go for bread. I don't mind the bulk, it is the weight which is a problem and bread and grain weighs the same. If needs be I can thread a loaf on to a string and tie it to my spear. However, I am going to be suprised if people return with sacks full of food. Dodging sling stones as they run away seems more likely to me; either because they have nothing to trade, or they don't want to be associated with outlaws."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down