From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Peonu 720

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

10 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM Thu May 27, 2010 1:01 am

I have amended the time line in accordance with your intentions....

It is now early afternoon - what are your intentions for the rest of the day????
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 am

As the band move off following Barak as they trek westwards towards Daaslund, Algared raises the question. "Should we move higherr into the hills, find a camp and forage and fish. or shall we press onwards directly westwards. I feel heading back to the hills is best. But unless we resupply I doubt we'll make much headway tomorrow."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu May 27, 2010 4:10 am

"I think we should try to keep high enough in the hills that we avoid the Ibanvaaler patrols, but at some point, we'll probably encounter them. If we do, I think we should try to disable them."

(ooc: If we go directly west, at some point we'd hit the river. I'm not opposed to stealing a boat, but that would probably take us closer to whatever force the Ibanvaalers have here. If we want to minimize our chances of hostile encounters, we probably need to keep to the higher elevations.)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu May 27, 2010 4:51 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch - Mid 4th watch

The warband wait for the time it takes to drink a tankard of mead before deciding that the youth is not in fact being pursued and so they gather their belongings together and once again hoist packs onto backs and pick up their spears, shields and bows and set off again.

With Barak leading the warband turn and head further into the hills, the hills are rugged and the going slow, but the warband push on despite the hunger in the bellies and the aches of muscles and feet.

As the warband search the surrounding area for a suitable place to make camp to begin foraging, Barak crests a rise after quite a big climb up a hillside. Looking over the crest he can see below him through the trees quite a steep descent that leads to a trail several hundred yards away running roughly south west to north east, a thran similiar to the one already seen (quite probably the same one Wink ) can be seen off to the north perhaps a kilometre away.

The forest seems to extend a short distance from the trail on the northern side but within perhaps a hundred yards the usual fields, pastures and meadows start with their usual patchwork arrangements leading towards the thran.

With no sign of suitable campsite Barak takes the best path down the hill, when from the south west a group of about six men three of them mounted can be seen heading north east, in addition it would seem that there are two to three dogs as well and from this distance it would seem that also present is the youth that you saw earlier being dragged behind one of the horses....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 27, 2010 9:13 am

Since we now have a good view over the fields, do any of them have livestock in them? Lambs would be nice.

On seeing the men he signals the party down and in to cover. He then carefully makes his way back to Kulgald "The boy, a half dozen men, half mounted, and dogs. I don't think we can take them on without serious risk. I say whatever the boy has done, he is now caught". Barak then waits for instructions.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 am

"Six men, half mounted? We could take them if we have suprise and the arrows fly true. If they are headed back east then I would argue that these are men in service of our enemy. But we'd need to take out the riders first.' Algared says upon hearing Barrak's report.

Kugald listens and ponders for a moment chuckling at his younger cousin, 'Yes, Barak maybe it is true the lad is indeed caught and maybe we should leave him to his fate. He fled in the direction we our selves head so he may merely be seeking Daaslund like us. Algared may also have a point and we could succeed from ambush if we are not seen. But we are tired and hungry and I've no desire to end up a Thrall this close to home, like our own war thralls."

Kugald looks to Algared and Jurri, sharing the memory of their battle at Liem river though only a a month ago one that feels a lot more distant.

"Still i'd not wish that fate on anyone, either whether a run away or someone trying to reach Daaslund like us. So, we have Barak opting for leaving them be, and certainly helping ensure our own escape and Algared seemingly eager to strike a blow against Ibanvaal once more. Jurri, Borryg what say you? If both say aye we'll attempt to rescue the lad. Otherwise we take cover and let them pass."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 am

"Yes we could a lot of damage with bows and better our odds."

[OoC: How far away are the men, are they within close or extreme bow range for example? Can we make out if any of them are armoured, the glint of chainmail etc?]

Post by GM It would seem that the three mounted men are wearing armour but from this range it is too hard to tell what sort exactly, the three men on foot seem to be wearing little or no armour (perhaps leather/kurbul) at your best guess.

The men are on the verge of extreme range for you bow...
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 pm

"I don't think we should attempt to attack them now, in the open. My guess is they'll return to one of the nearby thrans before we could intercept them, so there's not much we can do that won't bring an even larger group down on us. If we could feasibly ambush them, I'd speak differently, but not like this."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

GM wrote:Baraks questions answered
Can you also answer this one (previous page) "Since we now have a good view over the fields, do any of them have livestock in them?" ;-)

Additional Post by GM From your vantage point near the crest you can see a herd of livestock but from this distance it is hard to tell whether they are sheep or goats. The flock seems to be moving towards the west, they would number nearly a hundred by your best guess Wink
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Listening to Jurri, Barak responds "Even if we do kill them all, we won't be safe. They'd mobilise every warrior in the neighbourhood to hunt us down and kill us".
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Kulgald chuckles as he pats Algared's back "It's alright little cousin, you dont have to charge off to every fight yet in our worn state we dont want to fight if we can avoid it." To Jurri, Barak and Borryg he says, "I agree while we could possibly defeat them all we'd eventually have all the men of the thran hunting us or at least alert others that we were here. But we may be able to aquire one of the flock we could try buy or we can just take. However, lets stay down and out of sight and let these men pass before we move off.'

Kugald stops for a moment and then adds "If we aquire one of the flock we could find ourselves facing the horsemen, trackers and dogs..." Algared cuts off his cousin "But we need food and we have decided we want to avoid the thran, so its either try to buy or poach one of the flock.'

Kugald chuckles once more, 'Yes Algared we do at that and i was just about to say that. Barak as soon as it is safe enough we'll continue in search of a suitable camp and some food."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 pm

"I say we turn poachers. If we do it after dark, and avoid being seen by the shepherd's boy, then they won't know it is a band of maruding bandits, it will probably be blamed on wolves."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri May 28, 2010 7:02 am

Time: Mid 4th watch

From the crestline you watch as the group of men with their captive in tow continue along the road until they disappear into the trees along the southern edge of the trail.

Turning your attention quickly to the sky - the clouds have thinned to wisps of white that streak across the sky. The temperture remains cold though with a slight wind from the north.

Once again the warband gather their belongings together and continue their journey westwards. You have only just moved beyond the clearing where you were watching the men along the road when you find a suitable campsite.

The area is a small hollow with a big enough area where you will be able to rest comfortably, a fire could be started without being visible from to far away and a small stream runs from the hills above providing you with a potable water supply. The river is not the wide but it does provide you with enough running water to refill waterskins and cook (if you are able to find anything)

With a quick look to the westward sky you are able to tell there is about a watch left of daylight - what do you plan to do with it????
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 am

"Right" says Barak "we are stoping here" He drops his packs in the middle of the campsite and waits for everyone else to do the same.

"We need to find food and things but be careful about it, we must not be seen. Algarad see if you can find a stream or pond and fish, if not forage. Borygg I am relying on you to find berries and roots. Jurri please make camp and guard the bags, unless you want to try your wandering skald act in the thran. Kugald we need the road watched to see who is travelling along it and to keep an eye on that flock. I'll try hunting in the forest to the west. Eveyone keep an eye open for fresh water we need to refill the skins.We meet back here at sunset. No one is to get lost. All clear?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 am

"Barak we have only today refilled the water skins and we have water close by this site. We dont need to look for more water today but we do need berries, roots and the like. I'll try fish in the river here and work at camp we'll need firewood as well so I'll see to that."

Kugald looks over the hollow and nods his approval setting down his pack and stretching before saying. "No Algared, I'll set up camp and guard everyones packs and gear while you and Borryg forage or fish and Barak hunts. I'll also gather the fire wood and you cauldron filled with water ready for you on your return. Jurri if you can return to the crest and keep watch stay within shouting distance. I'll follow to see where you set up."

Algared fishes his line from his pack and curses remembering his hook and a good length of his fishing line were lost the previous day. Algared borrows Kugalds line and hook and follows the riverlet searching for a suitable place to fish, making sure that he passage keeps him away from the path but also remains withing shouting distance of the camp which he reasons will give him more time fishing with a possibility of success. He takes his shield and spear as well but leaves his baulky plate cheast peice, helm and gambesson with his pack, wearing only his leather vest and cloak over his day clothes.

Once settled Algared will dig for some worms to use as bait and fish.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri May 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Time: Mid 4th watch - Mid 5th watch

Barak is the first to leave the campsite with bow in hand (feel free to amend your equipment) and after a quick scan of the forest heads off towards the west.

Borygg is the next to leave after sorting out his gear he too heads off out into the forest in search of forage for the warband.

Kugald and Jurri depart the campsite and head back towards the treeline near the summit of the hill they are camped on. Jurri finds a comfortable place to view from and with a nod, waves Kugald off to attend to the camp.

Kugald returns to the campsite and spends the best part of the afternoon assembling a shelter to protect the warband from any inclement weather. He also gathers enough firewood to see the fire lit throughout the night. He also wanders to the stream to gather some water for Algared's cookpot. He notes that Algared is not nearby.

Algared is the last to leave as he searches through Kugald's pack for his fishing gear. He has left the campsite before Kugalds return.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Barak returns back to the camp: "Call that a shelter" jokes Barak before dumping his hunting gear "Come Kugald let's spend the last of the light finishing of the shelter."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sat May 29, 2010 1:50 am

Borygg returns to the camp having gathered enough berries, nuts, roots, and the like to feed the warband for a day. He reports that he saw nothing of interest while he was foraging in the woods.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat May 29, 2010 10:48 am

Having finished improving the shelter, Barak produces two hares from his hunting sack. He then joints them, puts them on green-wood spits (and his own iron spit) to roast over the fire.

"I wonder where Jurri and Algarad have gone" he ponders "I guess they will be along soon."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

When barak asks where Algared and Jurri are Kugald says Algared was gone when I returned from where Jurri is settled on the hill. When I went to fill the cauldron with water ready for Algared's return he was nowhere in sight, though the stream was certainly not wide enough to cast a line so he probably went off in search for a suitable fishing hole or went foraging instead." Kugald looks to the sky judging the watch. "It's still a little early to be worrying yet. I'm sure he'll be return soon. Jurri is still watching the road and the foplk on the crest, he is within shouting distance and i know where he sits as well, so if he gets into trouble all he needs do is call and I can run to his aid quickly."

Algared finally returns shortly after end of the watch, returns Kugalds fishing line and sighs when he sees the rabbits roasting on the spits with their juices and fat occassionally dripping into the fire. "Well the stream is too narrow for fishing and followed it up a fair way looking for a suitable fishing hole. On the way back I tried to forage but it looked like other critters had already stripped the region bare." He looks at the cauldran filled with water and sitting to the side and says.

"You know stewing those robbits would have been better, all the juices would have gone into the pot and we would have benefitted from them. I know you are all pobably sick of stews and broths but there is a reason I always tried to prepare a stew or broth rather than roasting the meat, no doubt the rabbit will taste great any way".
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat May 29, 2010 3:42 pm

"Well if you don't want your hare I won't force you, but personally I am so starved I just want something decent to eat. You can always make a broth out of Borygg's greens, nuts and things."

"After we've eaten, or possibly in the early morning, I think we should try for a lamb, kid, or whatever they are."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 pm

"Yes, Barak we are all hungry, and if you thought a little you would have considered the value of ensuring we benefited from all the goodness rather than worried about sating the hunger. And with the foraged goods we may have been able to have two stews. As it is despite the meat stewed or roasted will be most welcome. I did manage to gather some a few tubers, berries and nuts as well. Probably enough for a meal. Looking at Borryg's foraging It looks like we have enough food to see us through tomorrow as well." Algared adds his small pile of foraged roots and berries to Borryg's larger pile.

Kugald appraoches Algared, and rests his big hand firmly on his cousins shoulder. "Easy Algared, we are all feeling exhausted and tired. Don't try and deny that you aren't annoyed I know you too well." Algared begins to protest and Kugald cuts his off. "Thats enough, we dont need disharmony in our band. Yes, you have been our cook and have taken care of preparing our food, but to be honest I did not relish another stew and I did nothing to stop Barak setting the rabbits to roast. I see that we may have benefitted a little more from a stew and we know better for next time. But do not tell me that the joy of eating roast wont gladden your heart and do you as much good as a hearty stew would strenghten your body."

Turning to Barak Kugald says, "Barak, I did not hear Algared say he didn't want roast hare, infact I heard him say that it would be welcome all the same. So just as I have told Algared I tell you. Enough, we are all exhausted and I want no disharmony in our band especially among my cousins."

Kugald applies pressure to Algared's shoulder causing him to wince slightly and and holds Barak's gaze. Kugald though looking tired clearly means to be taken seriously by his two younger cousins as he says, "Is that clear."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun May 30, 2010 11:10 am

"I wonder if we should go and find Juri whilst we're waiting for this to cook?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun May 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Kugald looks to the sky and then back to the roasting rabbits. 'I will go tell him his watch is over and its time to come eat. You two play nicely.' He says looking at his cousins. Turning to Borryg Kugald says which a wry smile ansd a chuckle. "If they start bickering hit them. Jurri and i will return shortly in time to enjoy the roast"." With that Kugald heads off moving to Jurri's watch post.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Algared wrote:"I did manage to gather some a few tubers, berries and nuts as well. Probably enough for a meal. Looking at Borryg's foraging It looks like we have enough food to see us through tomorrow as well." Algared adds his small pile of foraged roots and berries to Borryg's larger pile."
Borygg looks at what Algared has brought. He points to a few of the roots and says "Hmm. I'm not so sure about those. They look an awful lot like what my grandmother calls 'Maarne's Whispers.' She always said they were great if you were having trouble sleeping or wanted to sleep for a long time, but also said they could give you bad stomach cramps. I am not positive that's what those are, but I'd suggest we leave them out just in case."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next