From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 Peonu 720

+5
Barak Daas
Borygg Raal
Sigrun Surenaal
Algared
GM
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

17 Peonu 720 - Page 5 Empty Re: 17 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Algared stays with the boat for the evening as well.

[ooc: looks like Bjarni and Sigrun are going into town.]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:47 pm

After the meal, Sigrun thanks Algared for cooking, then turns to Bjarni, "I guess it's good for them to get used to sleeping on a boat." She shrugs and then heads to the Warboat for drinks and sleep.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 pm

"Yes, time enough for cold cramps and dampness in the days ahead."

Bjarni enjoys a warm night and gets up early to make sure they make the tide.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:27 am

Time: Till End 6th watch

Algared spends his time adding ingredients to his pottage, tasting it every now and then to ensure it is cooking nicely. His companions gather aboard the boat as everyone chats amongst themselves.

With the meal ready Algared announnces to the warband and begins to serve each member a serving. Sitting aboard the boat under the light of a near full moon with a candle or two to light the area around them, they eat their meal.

The activity around the thran slows down with the growing darkness, the smell of wood fires filling their nostrils. With the longshoreman long finished their days work, the crews of the other boats docked alongside the wharf have settled into there nightly routines. There crews being rostered on and off during the afternoon.

Sigrun and Bjarni after finishing their meals help clean up and then disembark the boat and head towards the 'Warboat' for an ale or two.

With the meal complete the warband set up their sleeping areas and settle down to rest up for the night.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Borygg will tell Zeuol a bit of his background (which can be read here: https://menglana.rpg-board.net/borygg-raal-f25/borygg-s-stats-t145.htm#1145), how he came to join the others a short while ago, and a bit of their adventures over the past weeks.

As he knows little of Zeuol's story, Borygg will in turn ask the newcomer about his background and how he came to be involved in all this.

Zeuol listens and nods, but does not interrupt Borygg's tale. There is some amazement on his face as he hears of the adventures the men have had on their journey's thus far.

When it's his turn to share, he declines and explains, "Let me tell it tonight while we warm our stomachs with ale and meat."

Rather then spend a night outdoors, Zeuol join's Sigrun and Bjarni at the 'Warboat' after assisting in the clean up. He makes sure to let Algared know, "It was a filling and tasty meal considering what supplies we have".

When they've got a seats at the inn, the Savoryan Sage fulfills his promise from earlier in the day to Borygg, "I grew up travelling Ivinia with my clan. They are skalds, scribes and tutors. When I came of age, my uncle sent me to the isle of Harn for studies. Knowledge and information grows stale if it doesn't find fertile and fresh soil after all. I returned only months ago to find the state of Menglana as you know it. My clan was in Foryaheim when Dagen's men sacked it. All of my clan escaped."

His words are mixed here with lightness, but tinged with bitterness, "Men in cloth are rarely seen as a threat. So we were granted refugee status and sent on our way to Ygesdram. The Dass in his wisdom snatched us up as advisors, both for our backgrounds and because of what we saw in Foryaheim. This is how I came across the chance to decipher the parchment your company found."
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:42 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak stays with the boat and helps Algared cook.

"We're going to have to do something with those fishheads. Either chuck the baited line over the side and see what we get, or chuch the basket's content in the sea."

'Aye Barrack If we have time I'd like to see our if our lines can catch something, though we have little need at present. Lets through a baited line over the edge though I think we'll be throwing most of the bait you have over the side. With near 70 odd days rations aboard, the spares and our band I'm note sure have the room for a large catch nor the time really given the urgency of our task."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Time: Till the end of 6th watch

As the warband settle down for the night you chat amongst yourselves for a short while, a thin mist begins to build with the growing cold night air. Your breath soon begins to fog as you exhale. It is not however before fatigue from the day begins to take its toll and you drift off to sleep.

Lying in your bedding the sounds of a thran at night drift through the still night air. There are the sounds of the patrons at the nearby meadhall with their bursts of laughter, the occassional patrols of the huscarls as they make their rounds through the thran keeping an eye out for trouble and the gentle lapping of the water against the hull of the boat as it rocks slowly under the motion of the water underneath.

Borygg soon returns to the boat bearing full waterskins. He informs the warband that Sigrun and Bjarni will be spending the night at the meadhall. After having had a few ales and spend some hard earned coin he decided to return to the boat.

Finding that the rest of the warband have already prepared their sleeping gear and have bedded down for the night. Borygg is left with an uncomfortable spot near the bow of the boat just under the awning that has been erected to offer some shelter from the elements.

Borygg settles in as best he can amid the stores and cargo and he soon like his companions drifts off to sleep.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5