From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

27 Peonu 720

+6
Sigrun Surenaal
Eijryk Orbaason
Barak Daas
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
GM
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

27 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 27 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:36 pm

"And I thank you for it Barak. I intend to put it to use given the chance. As to eating, drinking and chasing girls, that was part of my plan but I suspect I will be helping out at the yards. There are a lot of ships here that need some attention."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"Anyhow, he obviously has no plans for us for the next five days. What are you all planning to do?" ... "As for myself, if there are no other plans I might go for a hunting trip up in to the bottom of the mountains, or at least in to the wildlands."
Borygg replies "I am growing bored here, so I would welcome a hunting trip as a change of pace. If you don't think I'll scare all the game away, Barak, I'd like to accompany you."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 am

"I suspect there is an army in those hills that will do a better job than you at scareing the game away. Who knows what you will find unless you seek it. If there are Ibanvaal scouts about I am sure we will hunt them out."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

"I don't know what to do here the next few days. Hervold will probably not take me on as his assistant again."
Eijryk looks around at the others and stops at Barak when he speaks. "I might as well join you out in the wilderness if you don't mind, Barak, I will try to be more silent this time. Unless any of you have something else to do that might need an extra hand. Perhaps we could train more on that shield wall?"

He seems to be very eager to find someone in the group to do something with whatever it is, rather than being left on his own.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 am

A voice you recognise as Tersi Trilsten is heard from behind your group "A hunt, excellant idea" he takes a few more paces closer to your group before nodding his head to you in greeting "the Jarl has just such a task in mind for your little group" he casts his eyes around the thranhold before adding "return to the greathall after your evening meal we can discuss your hunt in more detail then" taking a quick pause "still interested?" he asks.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 am

Barak replies to the Scribe, "The thing about hunting is you need to take your prey by surprise, some thing hard to achieve with a dozen people. But I still intend on going". I will see you later then.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 am

"My experience with hunting is that a dozen people is about right. A steersman, ten rowers and me to throw the harpoon. I guess the Jarl is getting sick of fish...not that I blame him of course"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

"That is not hunting, my friend, that is fishing. Not the same thing at all."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak replies to the Scribe, "The thing about hunting is you need to take your prey by surprise, some thing hard to achieve with a dozen people. But I still intend on going". I will see you later then.

"That would depend on your quarry, young Barak. You might appreciate your companions around if you are hunting a pack of wolves" Tersi adds with just a hint of a smile.

"Indeed Barak, it will not be a defencless fish you are after, but I can say no more till later this evening" taking a step back he adds "I will see you all later then" he almost commands before turning around and making his way back into the greathall.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 am

GM wrote:
Barak Daas wrote:Barak replies to the Scribe, "The thing about hunting is you need to take your prey by surprise, some thing hard to achieve with a dozen people. But I still intend on going". I will see you later then.

"That would depend on your quarry, young Barak. You might appreciate your companions around if you are hunting a pack of wolves" Tersi adds with just a hint of a smile.

"Indeed Barak, it will not be a defencless fish you are after, but I can say no more till later this evening" taking a step back he adds "I will see you all later then" he almost commands before turning around and making his way back into the greathall.

Algared nods, "Until later," he says. Then turning to Barak and his friends, both old and new adds "Well, that meeting didn't go too poorly. Shall we retire and find some food and drink." Looking at Bjarni, Algared smiles as he mentions getting food and drink.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 am

"An ale sounds good, but it might be a bit early to eat. I doubt Jabor will have the main dish cooked yet."

Barak starts to headback to the meadhall.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Algared wrote:"Algared nods, "Until later," he says. Then turning to Barak and his friends, both old and new adds "Well, that meeting didn't go too poorly. Shall we retire and find some food and drink." Looking at Bjarni, Algared smiles as he mentions getting food and drink.

"What?", Bjarni feigns indignation but follows Barak and Algared to the meadhall.

"Barak - Fishing it may be, but you shoot your little arrow at a whale the size of a dragonship and see where it gets you. Did I ever tell you about the time that there was this whale soooo big that......."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 pm

Eijryk joins Barak, Algared and Bjarni to the meadhall laughing at his companion's discussion over what hunting means.

"I prefer more civilised types of hunting, where the game is females and the weapon is your charm.", he says with a smile.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:40 pm

"You are just a tom-cat Eijryk"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 pm

"Not in this thran I'm afraid. The girls only seem to be talkative with me when I'm around any of the locals here", indicating Algared and Barak.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 pm

"So a frustrated tom-cat," Bjarni slaps Eijryk on the shoulder, "I know what you mean."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 am

Eijryk just laughs and looks up at Bjarni with a broad smile. "Let's drink some ale. That should hold some of the frustration down."
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 pm

When they reach the meadhall Barak make sure he finds a seat and has a quick weak ale, joining in the banter, before asking Jabor what jobs need doing. He will be sure to rejoin his friends before the evening meal is served. He ensures he is not drunk before he heads back to the thraanhall.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 am

Leaving the thranhold behind you, your group laughs and gests as they wind their way down the hill towards the meadhall. The clouds to the north east continue to build and are growing darker and more ominous.

Arriving at the meadhall you easily find a vacant table and take up a seat each. Shella rushes over to the table and quickly takes your orders for drink and returns quickly bearing several trays upon which your tankards stand. With well practiced movements Shella quickly unloads the trays, with a quick retort Shella evades the advances of Bjarni leaving the lad a little red faced but none the worse for ware, Shella smiles at Bjarni as she leaves you alone to share your ale.

Shella must have passed on Bjarni's amourous mood to some of the working girls in the hall as several of them soon approach your table. They quickly learn that Eirjyk and Bjarni having barely two coins to rub together loose interest just as quickly and return to their duties around the hall.

Barak quickly finishes his ale before excusing himself from the table to find Jabor. Barak returns to the table after a short time away. "Apparently there is no work for me around the hall today" he says with a smile before ordering another ale.

The warband wiles away the early afternoon in the hall telling stories amongst themselves, some you have heard already but seem to have had further embellishments added since the storys last telling.

Late in the day Jabor approaches the table and leaning forward he places both hands upon the table before saying "It looks like an emessary from the Dagen has just arrived in the thran, come outside and see!"

Leaving the hall you see a group of ten men on horseback being lead by another man. The first man aged perhaps in his late thirties sits erect upon his horse and moves fluidly with his horse, a braided beard covers most of his lower face. He bears no weapons except a dagger on his belt, he wears a white linen shirt with a woolen vest with leather leggings and boots that come up to his calves. The other riders vary in age but all are wearing chain and all appear to be skilled riders. They each wear a variety of clothing of average cut, each of them have shields slung over their saddles and all bear spears and from what you can see all carry another weapon upon their hip.

You watch their arrival into the thran as they ride from the market square heading towards the thranhold. You watch their progress before the glare of Nolomar obscures the view, before the riders become clearer as they ascend the hill towards the gatehouse. Looking about you see that it would seem that everyone has stopped what they were doing to watch their passage into the thran....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am

Shella must have passed on Bjarni's amourous mood to some of the working girls in the hall as several of them soon approach your table. They quickly learn that Eirjyk and Bjarni having barely two coins to rub together loose interest just as quickly and return to their duties around the hall.

"Things are in a bad state when two heroes like us have not the coin to even attract the attention of a tavern wench," Bjarni mutters into his ale.

Late in the day Jabor approaches the table and leaning forward he places both hands upon the table before saying "It looks like an emessary from the Dagen has just arrived in the thran, come outside and see!"

Going outside to watch along with everyone else Bjarni will watch the arriving horsemen and comment to his fellows that "whatever else they are, these Dagen's men have stones to ride in here, emmisaries or no"

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:30 am

Barak follows Jabor outside, but soon has second thoughts and tries to be as not noticed as possible (standing behind another bystander for example). Barrack covertly studies the man in white - he wants to be able to recognise him layer, but not be recognised himself. "Knowing you prey is the first step to being a good hunter" he thinks to himself.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:10 am

"I've seen the Dagan dogs emmissary before." Algared mutters but rises anyway to peer out the door enough to see them before resuming his seat. He waits for his firends to return and says. "I'd they aint anything special, but judging from the way the Dagan sent his last messenger to parlay I'd say it means he is already on the march." Taking a drink from his ale he puts it back down, "Bastards have taken the pleasure of the drink away."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 am

While outside you watch the new arrivals dismount in front of the gatehouse, the man in white leads six of the armed men into the thranhold leaving four men outside to hold the horses.

A dog barks scaring one of the horses which tries to bolt as the horse holder struggles with mount, he eventually gains control of the horse bringing it back under control. The four men stand around the entrance to the gatehouse waiting for the return of their companions.

Returning to the meadhall the warriors find Algared in his cup mumbling about the dreaded Ibanvaal invaders.

Finishing your ales you are about to order your meal when Thorin Ulfhednar (one of the huscarls) enters the meadhall "AH! Thought I would find you all here" as he moves towards your table he adds "Cunate wants all of you to attend his greathall as soon as you can. It appears we are to be addressed by this ambassador and he wants as many able bodies to attend as he can get"

Thorin waits for you to acknowledge his message before making his farewells.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Barak gets up from the table and makes his way to the thranhall. "I hope Cunate is providing us with a feast if he is denying us the pleasure of the meadhall" he says to his companions.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 pm

"A show of force, eh?" Bjarni gets up with the others. "Show the Ibanvaalers that we wont be a push over"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next