From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

29 Peonu 720

+6
Meldun Jarlaka
Borygg Raal
Eijryk Orbaason
Algared
Barak Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

29 Peonu 720 Empty 29 Peonu 720

Post  GM Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 am

Time: Beginning first watch - Mid second watch

A new day dawns for the warband, the sound of the rain continuing to fall outside can be heard as each of the group are awoken. Each member of the group goes about their morning routines as they prepare for the new day.

Outside the day is grey with thick dark clouds hanging low in the morning sky concealing Nolomar from view. The mountains to the east are hidden behind low clouds and can only just be seen through the fog which conceals the thran, the low lying areas of the thran are affected more by the fog with the thranaal just visible through the mist.

The wind blows from the south east and the day looks to be like this all day.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

29 Peonu 720 Empty Re: 29 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:30 am

"Not much chance of hunting or fishing today." Barak says to Gelda over his early breakfast "I wonder what the plans are for the day."

He goes to clean and repair his clothes and equipment after yesterday's trip.

Barak greets Bryndis, Bjorn and Meldun, in poor Orbaalese to Gelda's amusement, when they go to breakfast. He asks what are their plans for the day. "If there isn't a lot else going on we often meet at a field to the east to practice arms. In these times of war everyone is expected to fight."

He waits to see if Algared, Bjarni, or Borygg etc come to the meadhall to discuss plans.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Algared tries to wake early in order carry out his meditations, going to his usual spot in order to meditate. Once completed he breaks his fast, and puts on his best clothes in order to head to the greathall. Apart from passing what the band has so far found he also hopes to at least put in a word for the three newcomers. Given the band now has a couple who are from or have been to orbaal seems to make sense that they will more easily be integrated into a whole.

Algared looks at the grey sky, as he heads to the meadhall, first to ensure the three newcomwers will be cleaned and ready to be presented to to the Daas. And in order to speak to Barak and the others about the next step. If there is any discontent then it will be due to the strain the war is having on the supplies, given the fishing fleets efforts yesterday. Algared ponder whether adding to thestrain on resources was the purpose of the truce.

Similarly he wonders if his friends Uther and Djan may would have heard rumours of those or seen people acting suspiciously. If each were to speak to friends maybe they could find a clue. And he still wonders about Clan Gerbhert clan and their friends if any still remain they would be likely to be behind a sky network. And then there are the working girls Never befour have they decended upon the warband enmass to tease and please them. Likely it was Kugald's absence, but still hard times breed strange bed fellows. Algared chuckles at the the thought so soon after thinking about Jabors girls.

"Greetings Barak," Algared says when he sees his cousin, I will try gain an audience with the Daas it may be we can have them join our band qnd also to make a report thus far. It would be good to have the us train." As he talks he draws his cousin aside and speaks his thoughts and plans about speaking to friends within the thran, and the idea of leaving in search of possible remants of Gerbhert's clan as a possible place to commence looking for signs of a conspiracy.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Eijryk leaves the meadhall in the early morning hours rushing through the rain towards the Orbaason clanhouse. There he starts his morning routine, fixing his hair and beard neatly.

If Borygg is there he talks to him. "Sorry I had to leave so early yesterday. When did you get back here?"
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:Eijryk leaves the meadhall in the early morning hours rushing through the rain towards the Orbaason clanhouse. There he starts his morning routine, fixing his hair and beard neatly.

If Borygg is there he talks to him. "Sorry I had to leave so early yesterday. When did you get back here?"
Borygg wakes, cleans himself, grabs something to eat from the kitchen, then makes ready to head out to find the others to discuss plans for the day. When he encounters Eijryk, he replies, "Where did you get yourself off to last night? You went off with that girl and never came back. If you stayed with her the whole night, your purse must be considerably lighter this morning."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Meldun wakes with the noises of the meadhall. He picks up his straw mattress and returns it to Jabar, readies himself for the day, and pulls out his axe to find a suitable private place to pray.

Barak greets Bryndis, Bjorn and Meldun, in poor Orbaalese to Gelda's amusement, when they go to breakfast. He asks what are their plans for the day. "If there isn't a lot else going on we often meet at a field to the east to practice arms. In these times of war everyone is expected to fight."

Smiling, Meldun returns Barak's greeting, and offers a kind, customary reply in Orbaalese. He say's it slowly, and offers Barak to repeat it back, so that he can learn in. With a wink, Meldun continues toward the back corner of the meadhall where he can pray.

By the time he has completed, he spots Bjorn and Bryndis at a table with a couple others from last night. Returning his axe to his chest, Meldun grabs some food and sits with his companions and breaks his fast. Making small talk, Meldun's mind wanders to the tasks of the day, meeting with the Daas and proving not only his own, but Bjorn's and Bryndis' as well. So much was riding on several strong performances. Running his fingers through his scraggly beard and hair, Meldun considers attempting to clean himself up a bit. Deciding that after his morning meal and conversioning with the others, if there was time, he would do what he could to present his best self to the Daas.

Last edited by Meldun Jarlaka on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:08 pm

"Good morning all," Bjarni greets whoever is at the table in the meadhall. He is limping somewhat and announces that he wont be training while his foot is in danger of festering. "I need some good salt water to clean out this damn blister. I might spend the day fishing rather than on the practice field."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Borygg Raal wrote:Borygg wakes, cleans himself, grabs something to eat from the kitchen, then makes ready to head out to find the others to discuss plans for the day. When he encounters Eijryk, he replies, "Where did you get yourself off to last night? You went off with that girl and never came back. If you stayed with her the whole night, your purse must be considerably lighter this morning."

"Actually, all of me feels much lighter today." Eijryk says grinningly. "Are you going to meet the others at the meadhouse?"

He joins Borygg to the meadhouse when he has finished his extensive morning routine. There he greets Barak, Algared, Bjarni and the others he knows. He looks at the newcomers with slight suspicion at first, but it changes quickly into curiosity to learn more about these people.
"So where have you come from?"
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Smiling, Meldun returns Barak's greeting, and offers a kind, customary reply in Orbaalese. She say's it slowly, and offers Barak to repeat it back, so that he can learn in. With a wink, Meldun continues toward the back corner of the meadhall where he can pray.

Bryndis will wake up when the meadhall begins to have activity, and return her straw mat to Jabor, thanking him for the accommodations. She will clean up from sleep and the boat journey. In anticipation of meeting the Valhakar, she will dress in clean cloth tunic and leggings, leaving her quilt tunic and leather leggings off (though she'll still wear her vambraces and half-helm).

She will join Barak for breakfast, continuing to help him master Orbaalese. When Barak asks of their plans for the day, she'll repeat the question in Orbaalese for Barak. Then she'll reply in Orbaalese and repeat in Ivinian, "Our first priority should be introductions with the Valhakar, but once we are free sparring can certainly be on the agenda."
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 pm

"Oh Cunate is not so bad. As long as you don't try to cheat him out of his share of the catch you'll be fine. Just say that you're loyal and you'll fight for him. What he needs is people he can trust."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:25 am

Algared turns to Bryndis, Meldon and Bjorn and asks if they had already sought an audiance with the Valhaker and if they so had a time for their attendence been at court been indicate, or had they been asked to remain at the the Inn. Looking at the dull clouds he says tis horrid weather glancing to the docks where the vessel taking Jurri to liase with the King was morred the the previous night.
"Unless you were directed to reamin here til the Daas could see you, we've likely some time to get some training in before our Valhaker Cunate Daas will be able to see you and I have a feeling given you are not a company that you'd intergrate well to our band so we should get some practice at arms in before you get cleaned to present yourselves to the Daas."

To Borryg, Zeoul and Sigrun Algared says "I was thinking you, likely know some of the refugees from Storarlund or even have made friends amongst the locals, after training it wouldn't hurt to see how they are coping." Given that they were wondering about the next steps in their mission Algared hopes that they understand the opportunity, "We may be in a position to assist them and reassure them... Speaking to a friend they may be forthcoming with concerns they wouldn't speak to others. Barak we can do the same with our own friends and contactss.'

Looking at Bjarni favouring his blistered foot Algared, says in an offhand manner. "My studies taught me a a few old wives remedies amogst other things that can seem to ease pain and promote healing, I am no phyisican but will admister a treatment if you like. It may be its just an old wives remedy someone scrawled once and that was then stored in the halls of a dusty library, but what have you got to loose, it merely requires I bathe the wound in cold water. Of course If you prefer a physician Eijryk could always see to it. Either way mayhelp get you walking with ease again a lot sooner."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote: In anticipation of meeting the Valhakar, she will dress in clean cloth tunic and leggings, leaving her quilt tunic and leather leggings off (though she'll still wear her vambraces and half-helm).

Meldun Jarlaka wrote: Deciding that after his morning meal and conversioning with the others, if there was time, he would do what he could to present his best self to the Daas.

Noting that by the time Algared arrives at the meadhall the new arrivals are already dressed in their finery and are making preparations to make their way to the thranaal to visit the Daas.

Joining them the group ascend the hill towards the thranaal, passing through the gate they nod to the two guards on watch at the gatehouse, Bryn taking note of the mens equipment, stance and watchful eye she figures them to be warriors of suitable skill (at least from the look of them).

The group makes their way through the rain towards the greathall.

Here they are met by Madrin. Madrin offers to show the new arrivals into the greathall and then reappears later to chat with Algared and the rest of the group.

GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 pm

"I've been talking with those coming from the east, for word of the river," Sigrun says to Algared, "and haven't run into anyone I know yet. But I'll keep looking." She glances at the newcomers, and then back to Algared, "I'm going to check on the boat."

Sigrun heads to the docks.

Last edited by Sigrun Surenaal on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo repair)
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

A loud grunt sounds from under a table in the corner of the meadhall late in the morning. It appears the bear of a man had crammed himself under one of the tables and fallen asleep there. He spends the morning holding his head and attempting to stretch out the kinks that come from sleeping all night in an awkward position. Eventually he manages to crawl up to one of the tables and sits down next to Bryndis, grunting a coarse greeting the shield maiden and the others.

After some time, Bjorn is able to recover slightly from the night before, and wonders aloud why he puts himself through this. Suddenly realizing its almost time to see the Valhakar, he quickly puts on his clean clothes, leather tunic, and bear fur cap. Dressed in his finest, Bjorn follows the others toward the greathall, trying once again to remain unnoticed by stooping over and lowering his head.
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Looking at Bjarni favouring his blistered foot Algared, says in an offhand manner. "My studies taught me a a few old wives remedies amogst other things that can seem to ease pain and promote healing, I am no phyisican but will admister a treatment if you like. It may be its just an old wives remedy someone scrawled once and that was then stored in the halls of a dusty library, but what have you got to loose, it merely requires I bathe the wound in cold water. Of course If you prefer a physician Eijryk could always see to it. Either way mayhelp get you walking with ease again a lot sooner."

"Yes, and I don't care of the remedy is from an old wife, your grandmother or some wizened crone. Do your worst please"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 pm

[OOC: sorry to all if my last post ignored the timeline of transpired events, not to self don't post when you only have time to skim read the post before you.]

In response to Bjarni and as the group prepare to head to the Thranhold, Algared gets a bowl of water having Bjarni remove his shoe heathen baths the blistered foot while quietly chanting. As he chants and bathes the wound the water fails to chill to his touch in the cold morning air. As he finishes the chant Algared, mutters a curse under his breath knowing he was unsuccessful in his attempt.

"Well at least the foot is clean he he says. I'll have to reread that treatise I must have forgot something." He sighs as he gently dries the foot, "If we had time, I could try the remedy again, but I think we would delay oir froends," looking in the direction of the dock where Sigrun retreated he continues, "and I don't suppose you'd like to follow Sigrun and give her a hand do you, I feel I have upset her reminding her that her people are not here? It will at least likely mean less walking for you." Cursing himself inwardly both for his failure to cast Azure hand and for his comments that may have upset Sigrun he adds the last hoping to cover his own disappointment and failure and give Bjarni at least hope that he won't have to walk too far on his blistered and sore foot.

Last edited by Algared on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:45 pm

[OoC: To jump forward in the time line again]

Barak addresses Madrin: "It seems an age since we were trekking through the thrans opposite Trond. How are you keeping? Cunate must be keeping you very busy." etc "We always seem to be hanging around this hall waiting for news. I bet we're not the only ones who are frequent visitors here, eh? ..." Barak waits to see if Maldrin will volunteer any information before continuing "Personally, I don't link all this hanging around the thran. I prefer to be off hunting in the wildlands to the east. The trouble is everyone seems to be trudging up and down that road these days. I think I even saw Tersi on the road yesterday."

Post by GM Madrin bids you a good day in response and tells you that he is well and like everybody else around the thranaal being kept busy. He confirms that indeed Cunate is once again as busy as a wyrdsman during a thran Ting. Madrin agrees there are visitors aplenty, Skorri continues to press the Valhakar for business opportunities, Jabor has made his presence felt frequently complaining that the food stores are dwindling and there is little in the hills and fields to keep his business going. As well as the numerous delegations from the Storzar clan that ferry information to and from the Valhakar.

Madrin nods his head as you mention that you would prefer to be out hunting, he agrees that sometimes he finds himself wishing for the quieter times while he was working with the warband.

The road is used often enough, our scouts bring back reports to the Valhakar of what the Dagen seems to be up to. Supplies are taken up the road on a regular basis, transported by mules, wagons and the like.

Madrin squints when you mention Tersi being on the road yesterday "I thought he had business here all day, where was he and what was he doing?" he asks.

"Ah, I must have been mistaken" says Barak "The figures on the road were so indistinct. You see I was off road looking for signs of boar, and the rain was so thick... well you know how it is."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 pm

"Thanks Algared, I feel better already. I will go with Sigrun as you suggest and help her where I can." Bjarni gathers his gear and head to join Sigrun.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Once in the greathall, Bryndis will remove her cloak (which she put on to keep her clean clothes dry) and set it out of the way. While waiting, she'll watch whomever else might be in the greathall... particularly if any Black Carrion are present. Judging the skill of those you might be fighting alongside seems a worthwhile endeavor for her.

Post by GM Inside the hall you catch a look at the 'Ravens' from up close they appear to be a well equipped and competant bunch of warriors.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 am

Time: Mid second watch - End third watch

With Meldun, Bryn and Bjorn inside the greathall awaiting the introductions with the Valhakar. The warband decide that there are better things to be doing than standing around in the rain.

Algared and Bjarni leave and head towards Algared's clanhouse where he spends some time tending Bjarni's foot.

Algared tells Bjarni that he will go and do some digging and will catch up with him later today. Algared speaks with his mother regarding the possiblity of taking in the new arrivals. She responds that as much as she would enjoy having some company about the clanhouse, Skorri she assures him would have none of it and would surely not allow them to stay.

Algared heads to his fathers storehouse, to find his father and several labourers sorting through the shipment that has just arrived. Skorri looks unimpressed with his sons arrival and with a curt "What brings you here today?" is the best greeting Algared could hope for.

Sigrun heads to the dock and boards the 'Farvie' where she spends the morning under the canvas shelter just enjoying the smell of the water and sensation of the small boat as it bobs upon the small swell.

Bjarni's foot feels better for a short while but by the time he reaches the docks it starts to ache once again. The injury is nothing more than a discomfort to the huge man and by the end of the day the injury is no longer sore. Joining Sigrun aboard the boat Bjarni spends his morning like her under the cover of the canvas shelter avoiding the worst of the weather.

The boat is made ready for sea and the necessary stores are stowed away, there is little that needs to be done apart from some quite routine maintenance to keep the boat seaworthy.

Zeoul is found while the group are chatting with Madrin and is summoned back to the Storzar. He is not seen for the rest of the day.

Last edited by GM on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:16 am

> Madrin squints when you mention Tersi being on the road yesterday "I thought he had business here all day, where was he and what was he doing?" he asks. <

"Ah, I must have been mistaken" says Barak "The figures on the road were so indistinct. You see I was off road looking for signs of boar, and the rain was so thick... well you know how it is."

When the conversation naturally finishes, Barak politely makes good his excuses and leaves too. He sets off to try and find Algared, looking visiting his hall, the market, the meadhall and eventually Skori's storehouse. When he does catch up, and they find some privacy, he relays Madrin's conversation and says: "It is possible that Skori or Jabor could be spies, and hence why they are around the thranhall so much. But somehow I doubt it. With all due respect, I have to say that I've always thought Skori would do anything from some coin, so I can't totally rule him out. Wasn't it him who was spreading panic about the Dagen invading a few days back? We should consider talking to the carters and mule-handlers - they might be taking messages or they may have seen suspicious activity on the road."

When the conversation with Algared is complete, Barak makes his way round the thran to see if he can "accidentally bump in to" any of the teamster's he knows. If he does he'll strike up a conversation about the difficulty of hunting; there being too much competition from other hunters; where they've seen anyone off the road, so he knows where to avoid etc.; and generally pumping them for information about what they may have seen without explicitly mentioning spies. He also tried to see if any of them appear to be obviously lying (being unduly hesitantly, contradicting themselves, saying things unlikely to be true etc).

Post by GM Barak heads out of the thranaal and down the slope towards Algared's clanhouse. As he approaches he sees Bjarni leave and head towards the dock. Contiuning towards the clanhouse Barak spies Algared leaving and quickly catches his attention. The two men find a place out of the rain where they chat for a few moments. Before taking seperate paths Algared heading to Skorri's warehouse and Barak to find gather information from the local mule-handlers.

There are very mule handlers around the thran due to most of Ygesdram goods being shipped via boat. You are able to locate several of the men who transport supplies along the eastern road. They all say that they only travel when the weather is good and that they do not venture off the road when they do travel. They all say that they have no need to as it will only slow down their travel, but like you they suspect that the woods to the south of the road could possibly harbour the Dagen's men, but none of them can be certain and none wish to look either.

They tell Barak that with the river traffic virtually at a stop they are working harder than ever and wish they had more mules to haul the supplies east. If it were not for Skorri biting into their profits they could be reaping great rewards for their efforts. Skorri ensures that the mule handlers pay their necessary dues (legitimate) to the Valhakar but one mule handler says when no one else is around that he feels Skorri is abusing his priviledge as Hirdmaan and his close ties to the Valhakar by charging undue fee/bribes upon the mule handlers for protection and security of work. But this mule handler will add that if anyone says anything about this conversation he will deny it as he needs the work, more than ever now, his oldest son was killed in the war and he needs the extra work to provide for his family now that he is their sole provider.

Skorri threatens them with the notion that he has the Valhakars ear and can re-open the river to boat traffic and so do them out of all this extra work all together. They believe better to have a few extra coins than none at all.

It would seem that none of the mule handlers are lying and apart from one the only thing they seem to be keeping from you is the extra fees/bribes that Skorri is charging them to haul supplies east.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 am

Barak Daas wrote: ...[Barak] sets off to try and find Algared, looking visiting his hall, the market, the meadhall and eventually Skori's storehouse. When he does catch up, and they find some privacy, he relays Madrin's conversation and says: "It is possible that Skori or Jabor could be spies, and hence why they are around the thranhall so much. But somehow I doubt it. With all due respect, I have to say that I've always thought Skori would do anything from some coin,"

Algared nods, It is true and you dont need to remind me. If he has one vice it is the lure of Gold, but is not the lure of gold the vedry thing that can turn a mans loyalties. It has been a concern of mine that he may very well be seeking to act in a manner that would enhance his profits and to the detriment of all, Jabor could be a spy the fact that our table was beset by the girls last night is a concern. And as a member of the Thrangaard my father would or could claim a right to be in the halls so much, is jabor a member of the Thangaard...."

Barak Daas wrote:Wasn't it him who was spreading panic about the Dagen invading a few days back? We should consider talking to the carters and mule-handlers - they might be taking messages or they may have seen suspicious activity on the road."

'Indeed Barak I had spent the day trying to calm the panic, it saddened me that so many including Kugald so quickly jumped to act on the rumour. But that was also my fault I sought to raise my concerns regaerding the threats we had learned in order to protect my mother and sister and He betrayed me just to line his pockets. I actually wanted throttle him or worse that day.". Algared listens to Barak's plan to speak to the hearders, and adds 'A good plan I will try to work with my father today if he is guilty of collusion or spying we will find it out today. When we are done today we'll meet at the Farvie. It may be a place we can more easily talk."

When the conversation with Algared is complete, Barak makes his way round the thran to see if he can "accidentally bump in to" any of the teamster's he knows and Algared turns aside to assit his father. He will take particular note of his father's emploees and hands and try to place their home village originally if thry came from elsewhere or have kin elsewhere.

Last edited by Algared on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 am

Barak ponders if the working girls behaviour was any different last night, and whether Jabor has any control over what they do....

[OoC: Questions for the GM: Other than one girl being friendly to Eijryk (for a change) your post, Neil, didn't seem out of the ordinary to me. Was their behaviour noticeably different to Barak? Barak has spent many months in the meadhall - are the working girls directed by Jabor or are they free agents? Did anything seem strange about Jabor or the girls last night?]

Post by GM No the girls behaviour seemed quite normal. The only direction the working girls get from Jabor is to bring in the money. The girls have been working a busy hall the last tenday or so and with the infulx of customers means they spend more time out of the hall than in it of late (if you get my meaning! Embarassed )

Jabor only requires that the girls are working.

The only thing out of the norm might be that they were a little more pushy than normal
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

[OoC I've sort of lost track of time... But I presume we're still pre-midday.]

As much as Barak dosn't fancy risking bumping into his step-father he thinks it is time to visit his mother and sister. His so-called father with luck will be at sea fishing. Whilst he is there he can ask about whether there are any fishing boats acting strangely (like not landing catches, or departing/returning at strange times) and if there are any 'foreign' boats beaching at Ygredram without any obvious business in the Thran. He will ask the same sort of questions among his fishing community friends and aquaintances.

Post by GM Returning home your mother and sister are not only surprised to see but greatful that you are still alive. There is rejoicing at your return. They have seen little of you especially since you left Ygesdram to war with Ibanvaal. You find Jnarri at home nursing a wound suffered during the fighting with Ibanvaal - his left hand has been removed just below the elbow by an Ibanvaal axe during the fighting around Abderheim.

Jnarri's anger is raw and there is little said between the two of you and it is not long before he removes himself from the clanhouse to going wandering. Your mother tells you he is doing that more and more lately, he is just clearing his head.

You bid farewell to your mother and sister and head down to scout out the fishing vessels, they have all put to sea despite the poor weather and there are only a few people around that you can with. They all seem quite certain that there has been nothing out of the ordinary that they have noticed. The fishing has been poor of late for all vessels and luck seems to dictate which boat will bring home a catch or not. As for any thing else suspicious around the thran there is nothing that anyone has seen. Apart from the war and the poor fishing (which seem to be related) there is nothing suspicious that anyone can report
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 am

"Bjarni, I really despise waiting. I will never be any good at it." Sigrun pauses for a beat, then continues, "I've spent my life rushing toward things, and now we're all but standing still. Rest upon a restless sea and you're sunk."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next