From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

29 Peonu 720

+6
Meldun Jarlaka
Borygg Raal
Eijryk Orbaason
Algared
Barak Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

29 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 29 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Borygg joins the group after his round of talking to various craftsmen and reports what he found out, especially the parts about everyone's opinions about Skorri Daas.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Like his friend Meldun, Bjorn spent most of the conversation completely lost. He tried to follow what everyone was talking about, but the task soon proved too difficult and his mind began to wander. Eventually, he heard someone mention the word 'woods', and he immediately began paying attention once more. Listening carefully for a few minutes, he was able to catch up on the conversation, at least where the woods were concerned.

"Been a long time since I've been able to set foot in a decent forest, an' I'm not tha' keen on goin' for another boat ride." He turns and nods his head to sigrun "No offense meant." Turning back to Baraak and the others, he continues, "If there's spies hidin' in those woods, Barak an' I can find 'em."
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Meldun nods at Algared, "I agree. Let us take care of what business we have, then fill our stomachs with mead and warm stew."

Watching Bjorn get excited about the prospects of traipsing through the forest and hills, Meldun smiles, "Be careful, Barak. Once Bjorn get's to going, a man that large has a hard time stopping. You may have woken a sleeping giant who will want to go on the hunt all day and night."

Meldun will don his helm, and picks up his axe and shield. "I'm ready when you are, Algared."
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 pm

"I doubt my father's business practice is treasonous but is certainly is causing significant friction. The Daas needs to be advised so he can make a judgement, I'm sure I will not improve my father's opinion of me." he shrugs, "So, tomorrow I will see the Daas concerning this or raise the matter, and seek our new companions as additions to our band. I will speak with Tersi about the lack of any evidence so far but mention rumors we have heard and that we thought we would check these out to the south.

Algared looks from face to face before continuing,
"A fine rabble we shall appear should we all trapse up to the thran. So I was thinking, if the weather is better, some training thus giving a chance for our new friends to work the rust from their fighting skills after their trip. If business is taken care of early enough then once I return we can pack and then head off to the south to check the rumors Barak had from the teamsters. Once that is done we can turn our attention to the river.

Barak how much rations do you think we'd need to check the teamsters concerns about them woods in more detail?"

"Very well let's be off" Algared stands with Meldrun and together with any others wishing to visit the temple they move off.

Last edited by Algared on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 am

"You'd only need to take a mid day meal, unless you really want to stay out the night. And the woods are to the east; they are to the south of the east road."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:54 am

Barak Daas wrote:"You'd only need to take a mid day meal, unless you really want to stay out the night. And the woods are to the east; they are to the south of the east road."

Algared laughs for the first time since hearing of his father's trade practices, "See that's why we need you Barak, otherwise I'd get lost. I do not think we want to stay out during the night but it may be worth taking a days rations just in case we do need to stay out."

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:07 am

"One course of action doesn't seem all that much better to me than any other, but I certainly don't know anything about hunting spies, and I'm not sure how effective we'll be at that. I'm not so much eager to steal another boat, but I do want to do something. I was saying to Bjarni earlier that this waiting is maddening."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 am

"Ah Sigrun, think of the possibilities if we have a bigger craft - a real warboat. We can easily recruit a crew. Having a ship and crew will increase our standing, increase our chances of loot and let's face it, this tub is good for hauling nets or lines, but useless for anything else. Are you not sick of fjords and rivers? Think of the whale road. It is where sailors belong, not cooped up between these gloomy hills that hide who knows what."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:13 am

In the fading light Algared leads Meldun up towards the thranaal. Passing through the gatehouse you are greeted by two men standing guard at the gatehouse.

Algared leads Meldun towards the second building on their left as they enter the thranaal. Algared knocks on the door to this clanhouse, the door is opened by Bjarri Orbaason, priest of Sarajin in Ygesdram "Evening Algared and to you stranger" he says before his eyes lock upon your pendant "or should I say fellow priest" stepping back from the doorway he raises his arm bidding you entry into his clanhouse.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 am

GM wrote:In the fading light Algared leads Meldun up towards the thranaal. Passing through the gatehouse you are greeted by two men standing guard at the gatehouse.

Algared leads Meldun towards the second building on their left as they enter the thranaal. Algared knocks on the door to this clanhouse, the door is opened by Bjarri Orbaason, priest of Sarajin in Ygesdram "Evening Algared and to you stranger" he says before his eyes lock upon your pendant "or should I say fellow priest" stepping back from the doorway he raises his arm bidding you entry into his clanhouse.

Algared bows polietly to the Bjarri at his greeting and enters the clanhouse with Meldun at Bjarri's invitation. Algared makes the introductions and apologies for any slight of protocal that may have occured due to the failure to pay their respects sooner, explaining any fault as his own having detailed the new arrivals after their meeting with the Daas. Algared falls silent allowing the priests to speak.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:37 am

Barak heads back to the meadhall with the others going that way. After today's discoveries, he mulls over on the way back, what he has to say to Jabor in the morning.

At the meadhall he nabs a trestle table large enough for the groups and waits for one of the serving girls to ask for his order. One he has a blackjack of mead his mind turns to the soon to arrive food...
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 am

Algared bows polietly to the Bjarri at his greeting and enters the clanhouse with Meldun at Bjarri's invitation. Algared makes the introductions and apologies for any slight of protocal that may have occured due to the failure to pay their respects sooner, explaining any fault as his own having detailed the new arrivals after their meeting with the Daas. Algared falls silent allowing the priests to speak.

Meldun bows deeply to Bjarri, then entering. "Thank you, Valhakar Orbaason, for welcoming me into your home. I am Meldun Jarlaka, from Marby. My uncle, Valhakar Bjan Jarlaka, sends his well wishes to you and your family. I, along with two of my friends, have come to Ygesdram to offer our services to the Daas. We arrived into town only yesterday afternoon. I apologize for not visiting you sooner. As you are the Valhakar, I submit myself to your spiritual authority while I am here."

Depending on the time, Meldun will continue to talk with Bjarri about the differences in the local interpretation of the Ljarl, compare stories of Talagaad, and exchange anecdotes about life after hearing Sarajin's call.

Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Meldun and Algared chat with Bjarri for about a quarter watch, sharing ale, the conversation moves from topic to topic as it soon moves to all things to do with the beliefs, stories and the Ljarl.

The two priests move to where they can chat privately while Algared remains in the common room and chats with Bjarri' wife. It is about this time that Bjarri and Meldun reappear and Bjarri hurriedly shows the two visitors the door bidding them a good night.

Meanwhile the rest of the warband have made their way to the meadhall, on entering the hall they see some familiar faces already enjoying and ale, the familiar smells of cooking, ale and burning timber and whale oil. The noise of the hall is loud from the boisterous crowd, groups are caught in conversation, while one entertains themselves by occassionally bursting into song. Shella and Gelda move swiftly around the crowd ferrying tankards and jugs of ale to waiting customers.

Finding a table the group sit down and are quickly brought ale to quench their thrist. The ale is quickly followed by plates with filled with goat stew, bread and some dried fruits and berries to finish.

Jabor can be seen delivering casks of ale up from the cellar during the night as he to moves about the crowd stopping at the warband to chat briefly. His girls too move about the hall, stopping at a table and where possible taking a customer out to the back rooms.

The girls stop at the warbands table hoping for a possible customer to emerge.

Not long after the warband have finished eating they are joined by Algared and Meldun, they soon order a meal of stewed goat and bread with a mix of dried fruit and berries.

As the night wears on the crowd begins to disperse and finally calling an end to the nights activities Jabor calls for last drinks, the hall clears slowly until only those that are staying for the night are left. Everyone else returning to their clanhouses for the night.

Moving through the darkness, the ground is soggy and muddy underfoot. The clouds have cleared revealing a sky illuminated with thousands of stars, the night remains cold and the chill air cuts through your clothing chilling you to the bone. The wind blows softly from the north west.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3