From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Nuzyael 720

3 posters

Go down

20 Nuzyael 720 Empty 20 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am

The night is cold and with little in way of warmth except for your cloak and blankets you spend the night fighting just to keep warm.

You greet the dawn after a cold and uncomfortable night, the is much moaning and groaning this morning, the emotions of the warriors are being tested now, after several nights of bad sleep and several days of exhausting work the warriors in the warband are becoming surly and grumpy.

Each goes through their morning routine dressing and eating, gone is the bustle and chatter amongst the warriors that exsisted during the first few days, now each warrior goes through their own routines in relative silence. Even your own little group has come to do things in silence except for a few moments of idle chatter as you break camp.

Soon the warband continues to head east. The moutains still hiding the light of dawn as you continue your journey in shadow.

You push on for the morning winding your way through the mountains like the last few days. Soon you have come across a larger faster flowing stream that head off towards the north east, the crossing treacherous and demands concentration and dexterity from each of you as you cross. As you wait your turn to cross you are witness to two warriors swept from the rocks and with all the extra equipment they carry they are swept downstream, the first is quickly lost from view, the other is still waving and calling for help as he disappears under the water further downstream.

You all make the crossing, you are all now not only tired and exhausted but wet also. By high sun at last the sun has reached high enough into the sky to allow the suns rays to warm you and begin to dry your still damp clothes. As you continue east you hear word that another warrior has been lost crossing the stream.

So your journey continues resting only briefly before picking up your equipment and continuing your march. With a little over a 1/4 watch left before dark a halt is ordered to the march.

The weather has warmed slightly during the afternoon and as a result of this warmth and your exertions your clothes have at least dried out.

From where you sit you can look to the east and from your vantage point can see what must be the Froya River to the east not more than a mile or so away. This lifts the spirits of a few of the warriors around you as you must surely be nearing the end of this grueling march.

The conditions are the same as the last few nights, you are able to fall where you finished and with the order for no fires you settle in for another night with no more than a cold meal for dinner.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

20 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 20 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Normally, Jurri would be trying to brighten the mood during the journey. However, in this case, unless tasked with music, poetry, or song, he will spend his time observing the details around him, soaking up every bit of 'mood' he can. In silence, he is busy composing a lengthy skaldic poem commemorating the event.

He will make certain he knows the name of every man who falls during the journey.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:25 pm

"Warriors," Vidar says to his immediate companions. "Clearly this host can use something to uplift its spirits. But with the arduous march at hand, I think any attempt will be met with both failure and resentment. Some music may help, but it might give us away sooner than it ought to -- not that a marching host is all that silent, but still; no need to announce it before it announces itself.

"For my part, unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm keeping my mead-hole shut. Though we indeed march to glory, I don't think anyone wants to hear that right now. Rather, I intend to further a rallying of spirits once it has already begun its ascenscion -- when we reach our destination, or before we meet the enemy."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 am

"I think it is best if we all remain quiet, eat, conserve our strength, and sleep. Tomorrow or the next day, we will be fighting. There will be plenty of time for merriment when we WIN."

Kugald makes a point of completely stripping down. He changes out of all his damp gear into the dry clothes from his backpack. He hangs up his clothes and boots to dry. Before he goes to sleep, he cleans and oils his boots for the next day. Kugald makes plans to change back into his damp clothes in the morning, as he expects a river crossing (or at least a fording), but for tonight at least, he is warm and dry. He curls up in his blanket and cloak and is soon snoring away.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 am

While Kuglad strips naked: "Aye, it's cold indeed!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 am

"Given your devotion to Sarajin, I can arrange for you to meet him...personally...and very soon. Smart ass," Kugald snarls grumpily.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:14 am

Jurri frowns. This part might not work out so well for the epic poem.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down