From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 Peonu 720

+4
Algared
Jurri Grebel
Borygg Raal
GM
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

14 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 14 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:41 am

"Jurri, I can understand your reluctance. Let's play it by ear. When we find the thran and scout it, then we can decide on the best way to approach it. I have been thinking. Perhaps it would be better to go past the thran and have you approach from the Daaslund side. Anyway, we will see. The thran may have been burned to the ground for all we know."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 am

"Very well. Just so there is no misunderstanding, I think it is a good idea for me to approach unarmed. I just meant that the whole group might be seen as a threat. If it is still in friendly hands, there are probably sentries about."

"You still have the Daas' letter if it becomes necessary to prove our identity, correct?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:39 am

"Yes, I have the Daas' letter. And I agree, the whole group approaching might be seen as a threat."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 pm

"I think we will need to scout it good and proper. If it is in Daas hands it should be surrounded by the daas army encampment - if not all of it, at least some of it. I doubt they'd see us as much of a threat. I'd be more worried if it seems to be perfectly normal. With an enemy encampment nearby they are in danger."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Time: Mid 3rd watch

With some time spent preparing a small cairn for the remains of the dead man, the warband is ready to move out. The feeling has returned to cold limbs and apart from a few wet items in Kugalds pack from its drenching the warband are ready to move out.

Heading out towards the west Barak leads the warband through the rugged forest slopes.

You have travelled not more than a hundred yards when a fog begins to build, it continues to build until Barak is not able to see the sky to guide him westward, using features closer to earth he continues to pick his way gingerly through the forest. The fog continues to thicken until it is so thick that you are barely able to see the warrior in front of you.

Barak is barely able to pick his way and soon becomes uncertain of his bearings.

You huddle together in a small circle with the fog continuing to build into a blanket so thick it blocks out all sound but your own breathing and the voices of the warriors close by.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 pm

As the band head out if the pack and spare set of clothes and blanket were in better condition than those of the party and have not been picked up Algared will add them to the haul to be distributed or sorted later.

Post by GM The clothing will fit in your pack and is of fine cut, however, the blanket has been torn and is of poor quality and would need several repairs and on close inspection it looks as though the pack has been ravaged through, several of the buckles have been broken and some of the stitching has been broken in places
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 pm

"This is a strange fog" says Barak "I can continue to go down hill, but we will soon become separated and lost. It would be sensible to stop here until the fog clears a little." Whilst waiting for a response, Barak carefully sits down, but he continue to carry his gear and hold his weapons.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:29 pm

"Agreed, this does not seem to be a normal fog. We should wait here until it lifts. Everyone come closer. Let's sit back to back, with each of us facing outward and touching the men on either side. After today's encounter with the ghost, I don't feel like taking any chances, so indulge me."

Kugald sits down next to Barak and gestures for the others to do the same. He puts his shield down, with reach and holds on to his spear across his knees.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:33 pm

"You don't often get a dense fog half-way up a mountain. Low clouds yes, fogs no. Algared, since you seem to know all about the spirit world, do you know anything about magical fogs like this?"

Barak braces his spear against the ground, with the spearhead pointing outwards at his (sitting) head height. With his other hand he draws his hunting knife.

"That stuff I picked up off that man is pretty worthless" he says conversationally, trying to distract himself from the inclement weather. "The weapons are not worth carrying. The dagger is the better of the two, but both are just quickly produced stuff probably for this war. The sword looks like it would break if you hit someone hard with it. The razor is no better, it isn't even sharp. The comb is the best piece, made of bone and nicely decorated. What else did I grab? Oh yes, there is a boar's tusk. I don't know why I took that. It probably is just a mark of his clan. I suspect it is worthless - I may just chuck it away. When we get to Abderheim we can decide how we will share this loot. There is not even enough pennies to go round evenly, one less than three each."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 am

"Well I know it is possible to generate fogs, as for for this fog and whether its connected to our spirit i suppose it is possible. But I would doubt its the fact we took the sword, dagger and the like and more likely the that we took the scroll. I would have thought that in giving him a burial we would have laid the spirit to rest then then again maybe he wanted his mission fulfilled.

If the spirit was a messenger of the Ibanvaal as we believe, then just as I assumed he was a Daasman who had fallen i suppose there is no reason why the ghost didn't assume we were his allies and thus able to help. Maybe he wanted us to complete his mission, I am guessing and wanted us to continue his task. But what ended up being the case is that his enemies now have the message the very opposite to what was desired. If I had called on those I thought were friends to help and then discovered they were my enemies I would do whatever I could stop them." Algared shrugs.

"I dont know whether the ghost could follow us, but I dont fancy being in this cold wet natural or not, if we can continue in a safe manner then I think we should keep going. To help stop our selves becoming lost we could tie the rope about our waist. But then as you say barak maybe we just need to wait here. The boarstooth may help in identifying this man, it could be he was not a Ibanvaaler but someone from the Tegaal. That boar tusk may be a link to his clan and also to a traitorous clan in Menglana, while that crest was the and letter ws the proof he was from the Dagaan."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:36 am

"Why does the boars head and castle, mean he was a Dagen's man? I thought crests like that came from way down south, Shorkyne or the Misty Isles. Does Ibanvaal have castles? I'd love to see a castle they must be so much more fabulous than our thranholds."

Barak keeps his spear set in the ground. It might not do any good with a ghast, but it might stop a brown bear or wolf that stumbles on the party unbeknownst.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:05 am

"Well it stands to reason cousin. We know there were those conspiring to make the defence of Froyaheim nigh impossible. The message was sealed and marked with the same crest, and the letters contents seem to be granting automomy to trond," Algared chuckles, "though not much automony really if the Dagaan gains the whole of the Leimford, they would have no access to the seas and that..." Algared stops realising he digresses in his thoughts and returns to the reasoning that the crest indicates it is from the Dagaan.

"Now we also know spies were aware of the aid the Daas wish to send to his kinsman and friend. We know the crest isn't the Storzars, and there would have been little value in supporting the creation of an autonomous state from menglana when the kingdom and froyahiem face invasion. So it must come from another force out side the kingdom, this man travelled west from the lands controlled by the Dagaan so that also adds weight to the theory..." Algared stops and begins rumaging through his pouches for a parchment as if he has just remembered something.

"Where did I put that parchment....we picked up a edict when we looted the dead at Froyby, banning travel along the beneta pass and it was signed by or on behalf of the Dagaan prince. If I can find it we may find the Dagaan's mark".
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:50 am

While you sit and chat the fog continues to swirl and eddy around the warband and in what seems the time it would take to drink a tankard of mead the fog begins to fade.

Quickly the fog dissipates as it swirls and fades, as the fog clears you are no longer standing amid the heavily wooded and rugged slopes along the northern fringe of the mountains.

From the trees you are able to see off to the west not more than several hundred yards away what looks to be the thran of Ygesdram. With the fog continuing to clear the more certain you are of your location. Until in but a few moments the air around you is clear and you are able to recognise that you are now seated in a small copse of trees not more than half a kilometre from you home.

The one thing that strikes you though is that the sun is now much lower in the sky with perhaps only a quarter watch of daylight left...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:24 am

"Something is very strange. I am certain that that is Ygesdram over yonder. We have somehow traveled several leagues without moving. Come, let us get to the thran as quickly as possible. Strange things seem to be happening. First ghosts and now we have been swept leagues."

Kugald gets up, settles his pack on and picks up his shield.

"Strange days my brothers, strange days..."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 am

"Tis a miracle and a blessing from Sarajin to be sure cousin, let none say our lord doesn't bless us. Which makes me wonder. Remember that camp with the huge wolf tracks, i wonder if those men were part of the messengers party." Algared makes the assertion that they have been blessed by Sarajin and added by the Elkyri as though it is obvious. But it is clear he is also amazed and relieved to have avoided a cold damp day in the hills.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 am

"How do we know that the vision of Ygresdram is not just some trick being played on our mind by some spectre or daemon? I know we have not travelled those leagues, so we must still be in the mountains above Abderheim."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 pm

"We don't cousin. We have only the vision before our eyes. If some magical force can make it look like Ygesdram, we have little power against such an enemy. Let us trust to Sarajin that he would not let such warriors as us be tricked so."

Kugald steps out for home boldly.

"Come Barak, we can find out together. Let us leap into the unknown. I for one am hungry, tired and footsore. Let us deliver our news to our liege and then get home. I need a good night's sleep in my own bed."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Jurri rises and prepares to walk forward. He's certainly heard (and told) tales about heroes who walked between worlds, and there is often a mysterious fog involved. If something like that has happened, it could either be a good thing (perhaps the Elkyries helping us home) or a very bad thing (sorceror, witch, elf, demon, etc.). Until he knows, he's not assuming anything he sees is real.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Barak rather reluctantly rises. "I will trust you cousin, but I am not happy" he says. He follows along cautiously towards the back of the group. Barak more than half believes he is asleep and dreaming, and the other part of him is expecting them to be attacked by spirit-master daemons at any time."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am

"I imagine were we under the effects of a spell caused by someone or something employing the powers of magik I would have detected the disturbance, especially as fog and water are one of the elements I find easier to manipulate and employ." Algared says as he like the rest rises and heads off.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 am

Time: What appears to be End 4th watch

Leaving the copse of trees the warband heads towards the thran, as they approach a large number of boats around thirty or so, sit at anchor along the river bank. Their sails furled and it would seem they have been there for some time.

The thran also appears to be a hive of activity, the populations seems to have swelled and must be nearly triple its usual number. Otherwise the thran appears as it should.

Following the path through the fields you reenter the thran along the path to the south east, turning north you walk past the mill, past the various clanhouses that line the path and the thrans beekeeper and orchard. All of these things seem so familiar.

It is not long before you are recognised and calls of greeting ring from the thran as a crowd begins to assemble around you.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 am

"Are we going straight to Cunate Daas?" queries Barak, and then under his breath "I don't like this at all."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

'Easy cousin, the increased population is to be expected, Menglana is at war. We have also been away so friends will be eager to greet us... but aye, we should make our way to the Daas straight away, what say you Kugald?" As greetings are called out Algared will respond in like fashion and look to see if he recognises any from the growing crowd who had marched with the Daas.

Post by GM There are indeed familiar faces in the crowd in fact most you know by name and nearly all you recognise by face

Last edited by Algared on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 pm

"Aye, we must go to the Daas without delay, without even cleaning up. He will be anxious for our news. Fear not my friends, I think he will be well impressed with our deeds."

Kugald greets those he knows. He asks one of the boys to run and tell his mother and sister he has returned safely and will be to see them as soon as he is finished with the Daas. Otherwise he responds politely to greetings but pushes straight for the main hall without delay.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Barak replies to Algared: "I know why there will be more people in Ygesdram; I just don't know how we are here. It is not right."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next