From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 Peonu 720

+6
Eijryk Orbaason
Bjarni Daasen
Sigrun Surenaal
Barak Daas
Algared
GM
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

22 Peonu 720 Empty 22 Peonu 720

Post  GM Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm

The new day dawns and each of the warband arise and go about their morning routines. Each sit down to a hearty meal to break their morning fast. They also share some conversation around the morning table with families and friends.

With a quick farewell to families and hosts the companions leave their clanhouses, stepping outside for the first today and while making your way to the runestones you feel a slight chill in the air, the sky is mostly clear with a few fluffy white clouds in the eastern sky concealing the sun from you for now, a slight wind gusts from the north east. The rain has stopped some time during the night but the thran still lies damp underfoot from the nights rainfall.

Borygg takes the lead and offers to show Eirjyk the way to the runestones. This small group is the first to arrive at the stones.

Algared is the next to arrive after having to run several chores for his father before being allowed to leave the clanhouse.

Kugald, Eirjyk, Zeoul and Sigrun are the next to arrive at the runestones.

Jurri leaves the greathall after taking his morning meal and heads out of the thranhold to make his way to the meeting.

By early morning the warband has once again gathered together around the runestones.

Last edited by GM on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

22 Peonu 720 Empty Re: 22 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:36 pm

By early morning the warband has once again gathered together around the runestones.[/quote]

AS Algared arrives at the runestone as requested he raises a hand in greeting to Borryg and spends time in quiet conversation with his companions while they await the arrivial of the remainder. When Kugald and his guests arrive he greets his cousin warmly about being tardy.

When at last the has gathered Algared says, 'Well we have all come, and well met on this fine day as requested Kugald."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Barak is last to arrive by the sounds of it. Unsure what 'arms and armour' means, he turns up with his full hinting kit (inc. bow) and his sword, shield and helm. As he arrives he looks around to see what the others have brought, he dosn't want to be the only person burdened with a shield.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Sigrun is dressed as she normally is, except that her hair is tied up in a bun instead of her normal braid. She has brought a small sword, a dagger, and a bow and arrows.

As she hunches down, she says to no one in particular, "Any plan that has me fighting instead of keeping the boat moving is likely ill-conceived."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Bjarni has his shield and spear. His helmet and haakapik hang from his belt. He is wearing leather armour and tops it off with a fur coat. And yes, he is probably sweating.

"So, we are all here in all our finery. What task is required of us?"

[OoC - I am quite busy on the farm all day - some sheep to dag and cows to drench. So may or may not be online. Bjarni will follow the lead of the boss. ]
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:39 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak is last to arrive by the sounds of it. Unsure what 'arms and armour' means, he turns up with his full hinting kit (inc. bow) and his sword, shield and helm. As he arrives he looks around to see what the others have brought, he dosn't want to be the only person burdened with a shield.

Algared gives his cousin Barak a wave of greating when he arrives, silently glad that he isn't the only one that arrived with his full kit of armour and weapons.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 am

Eijryk leaves his finer linen shirts and leggings at the Orbaason clanhouse, but otherwise packs all his belongings in his shoulder bag and puts the backpack with medications at his back. He arrives at the runestone with his spear and shield in his left hand, and he is wearing the leather tunic that hasn't been used in quite some time. Otherwise he spent the morning taking care of his hair and beard as he always tries to do. He doesn't see any reason why he should look any worse than normal on a day like this.

Before he leaves the clanhouse he asks someone of the Orbaason family to go and tell Hervold the Physician why he can't show up at his workshop today.

At the runestone he greets everyone as they come with a smile and chats with them as if he would have been a member of the party a long time.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 am

Jurri is wearing striped leggings and a deep blue tunic, both made of fine wool and embroidered. It is clothing fit for a performance before the Daas or even the king. His red hair and beard are combed neatly and braided. He is carrying his drum in one hand, a spear and round shield in the other.

When he arrives, he looks around to take stock of who has arrived. Satisfied, he looks to Kugald once, then steps up to the runestone, sets down the shield, and drives the spear into the ground.

He begins drumming lightly, creating a tempo for the story he begins to recount. Using the deep voice he reserves for skaldic stories, he tells of the battle of Ygesdram nearly thirteen score years ago, when the kingdom of Trondis fought against the Storzars on this very field. Taking time to recount the heroism of those long-dead warriors, he then gestures to the runestone.

It says "This stone was raised by Kronaad Uthers to remember those that fell among us and have gone to Taalagaad and to honor their sacrifice. Cursed be any who destroy or remove these stones."

"That was a time when a host of enemies threatened, and it did not seem those of Ygesdram might prevail; a time not unlike we face again now. It may come to pass that in thirteen score more years, brave warriors will gather around another stone raised to honor our deeds in the days ahead. May they be worthy of remembrance."

"Our list of enemies has grown. Trond prepares to march on us very soon, as do others. We are surrounded; very soon the battle will be joined that will decide the fate of all Menglana."

"The Daas has need to be able to trust every man who serves, to know that he can count on their loyalty even when it may seem the days grow darker and our doom is upon us. So know this: Each man must choose. Either pledge loyalty to the Daas against our common enemy and let your word be your bond of honor before Sarajin and those assembled here, or refuse and depart at once."

"The Daas will call upon us tomorrow for our answers. Be prepared to state your choice. If you swear loyalty, know that battle lies ahead, one that may send many of us to Taalagaad. If you do not, then be gone before the setting of the sun, for the Daas will not tolerate unseen enemies."

Jurri looks to Kugald to continue, but maintains the steady drumbeat...
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 am

Algared looks around his companions then says quietly, "I dont know about the rest of you, but I do not need time to choose. For I have already chosen. I stand with my Kinsman the Daas against our foes what he asks of me I will seek to fulfill and will do so while I have breath."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Bjarni looks around at his comrades.

"This unsettles me to be honest. I have sailed across the Sea of Ivae to find myself standing here with kin, however distant. I am no mercenary begging silver coin for my service. I stand here of my own free will. If the Daas wants my oath he can ask for it himself."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:11 am

Kugald arrives just after Jurri. He is wearing his mail shirt, helm and carrying his weapons.

He nods agreement as Jurri explains the situation.

"Friends, comrades, crewmen, I stand before you and before these runestones to declare my loyalty to the Daas. Tomorrow, we will be asked to swear a public oath to my cousin. As you know, the thran has been flooded with refugees and allies from Storzarlund. So many, in fact, that they threaten to overwhelm the Daas' liegemen by their very numbers, especially with our heavy losses from our recent campaign. The King has summoned his liegemen to come to assist us, but the pending influx of even more outsiders makes it important that the Daas knows who he can trust."

"It is my intent to pledge my undying loyalty to my cousin. However, I realize that several of you are new to Ygesdram and Clan Daas. I wanted to let you know in advance what was coming so that there is no embarrassment at the ceremony tomorrow."

Kugald draws his sword and then spinning it around and holding it by the blade just below the hilt like a cross.

"Before you decide, I offer you my own pledge. Any man who will stand beside me tomorrow and swear allegiance to Clan Daas, I will make my blood brother this day, in front of these runestones. I swear, by the Grey Slayer's beard, that I will stand with my blood brothers to death and beyond."

Looking around at the others, Kugald say, "So, who is with me?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:40 am

"Pretty speech Kugald. You would have my sword if I had one. But this oath swearing that the Daas will ask of us is no small thing. Some will have oaths outstanding to other lords and lands, yet would want to stand with friends and kin nonetheless."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:47 am

"The Daas doesn't ask us to forswear other loyalties," Jurri says, "unless those are to the forces arrayed against Ygesdram, of course."

"Either pledge loyalty to the Daas against our common enemy and let your word be your bond of honor before Sarajin and those assembled here, or refuse and depart at once."

"It means just that. Give your oath that you will stand against those attacking Ygesdram, and be bound by it, or leave, so there is no confusion about what can be expected of you when battle is joined."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:39 am

Jurri Grebel wrote:"The Daas doesn't ask us to forswear other loyalties," Jurri says, "unless those are to the forces arrayed against Ygesdram, of course."

"Either pledge loyalty to the Daas against our common enemy and let your word be your bond of honor before Sarajin and those assembled here, or refuse and depart at once."

"It means just that. Give your oath that you will stand against those attacking Ygesdram, and be bound by it, or leave, so there is no confusion about what can be expected of you when battle is joined."

Zeuol looks from Kugald and Jurri as they speak their mind on the subject of the coming war. "I'll give my word of bond and honor not just to Sarajin, but Save-k'nor too. If not for the Daas, my clan would not have survived. Though how useful I'll be in physical combat compared to all of you is another matter."
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 am

'Zaoul, while physical might is one thing and useful in battle so to will your training be useful even if if merely causes a foe to pause a moments pause it could be the difference, besides I'm sure your a better skilled than you let on, and surely I would not be bettering you with ease..' Algared says to the Shek P'var. Then nodding to his older cousin Kugald, adds, well said Cousin. If I thought of it I would have said the same." Turning to his companions some he has grown very comfortable with since the winter passed others he is only beginning to appreciate, "Friends, I would ask your support against the the foes that face my clan. For will happy few will forge a tale that jurri here will have no choice but to retell time and time again. I cannot promise riches or long life but I can pledge freindship and the bond of blood." Then Algared steps to Kugald's right.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

Eijryk stands leaning towards his spear while listening to the others talking. At first he seems to frown a little when the discussion about pledging an oath to the Daas starts, but then he realizes there is more to it and he also remembers something that Bjarri Orbaason mentioned the first night here in Ygesdram.
When there is a moment of silence he steps forward towards Kugald and Jurri.

"As long as it doesn't intervene with my loyalties towards my own clan in Vulenheim I will pledge my loyalty towards any leader that opposes this common threat to our lands and our people. I know my clan has always stood close to both the Daas and the Storzars so we will certainly stand by their side in this war. By the honour of Sarajin I therefore pledge my loyalty towards the Daas."
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Borygg nods as others speak. "I have no reason to not ally with Clan Daas in our fight for Menglana against the invaders. I will stand with you, Kugald, and pledge my spear and bow to Cunate and Clan Daas."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Barak starts quietly, “So Cunate questions my loyalty to the clan? I guess he has reason enough. “ in a stronger voice he continues “However, he should know that I will fight to protect Charva and Gelda. As long as they are in Ygesdram, I will not abandon them.”

More angrily he states, “As for fighting to the death, he has no reason to doubt me. My bravery and honour are beyond dispute. Did I not fight unarmoured in the front rank of the spearwall against armoured foe? Did I not storm the gates of the Thranhall? Did I not venture through the lands of the enemy to bring him details of their numbers and disposition.?”

Pausing and turning to Jurr in a calm voice he asks rhetorically: “So who will the Daas ask to make this oath tomorrow? Us, or all the folk assembled in Ygesdram? What will we get in return for our loyalty, other than our deaths?” And without waiting for an answer he moves in front of Kugald and asks “Kuguld, why did you bring us here armed and armoured? Is it just to beat the drum? This may have been my last chance to go hunting before we go to war, as it seems we will.”

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting the English)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Eijryk just nods agreeingly with the hunter's questions and then looks at Kugald and Jurri to see what they will answer.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Barak Daas wrote:“So who will the Daas ask to make this oath tomorrow? Us, or all the folk assembled in Ygesdram? What will we get in return for our loyalty, other than our deaths?”

"My understanding is that he poses this question to every man. Perhaps he feels he knows you and does not need to ask, but there are many more who he does not know. If so, why not serve as an example for others? You are Daas, after all. But more importantly, he is the Daas. He can do this if he chooses. Especially if he is entrusting us with information that may save or doom Ygesdram."

Jurri pauses, then adds, "I think you make a mistake by assuming this is about you at all. Repeat those things before others that they may be made bold by your example! Speak of your bravery in the spearwall, at the thranhall, and in the wild! It is not necessarily the Daas who needs convincing. We are at war, and the strength of many is wavering. Show that yours does not. Do not be so foolish as to parade your injured pride like an angry child, not now. That will not help Charva or Gelda, nor anyone else you care for."

[OOC: I'm not exactly sure what Kerry's thoughts were with regard to everyone being armed and armored, except perhaps that it is an expression of our readiness (and willingness) to do battle. Simply showing up that way, especially for those with limited gear, is a statement, I suppose. Hopefully Kerry can answer that himself in the next few days. If not, that'll be my guess (unless someone else knows otherwise).]
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Barak replies to Jurri. "I will take this oath tomorrow, since I am not leaving Ygesdram until I choose to. But it won’t be for the Daas, the Jarl. It will be for those I love: Gelda, Charva, Stefa, Kugald, Algared, you" he gestures around the group "...everyone here, Jabor, Thaldris and maybe for Cunate himself."

"What about you Jurri, as you pledging yourself to the Daas?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 pm

"Barak," Algared begins as he looks around the group including both old and new companions indicating he speaks to all. He also looks to see if the Bands arrival kitted for war and with Jurri's drum have also attracted others. I would have liked to carry out study today as well. But hearing of the Daas' plans for the morrow and seeing the many folk we do not know around the thran I do not know nor have I ever stood in a shield wall with. Even here amongst our band nearly half our number are distant kin or friends we didn't know a ten-day ago. Therefore, today let us swear to uphold assist and protect one another, for in war in the shield wall we will rely on each other just as on our trek over the mountain and back we relied upon each other's skills and abilities to heal, hunt, forage, fight, sail, repair and even cook. Let us together swear today an oath of loyalty to become a band of brothers. Then tomorrow we can swear to fight against a common foe and ally ourselves to the Daas cause.' Algared looks to Barak and adds, "even if it is for the sake of protecting those we love".

"But since Kugald decided he was tired of swinging his hammers and likes disrupting other plans to hunt or study," Algared says with a laugh before letting his tone become serious once more, "calling us all here fully armoured and armed for war, given the increase in size of our band now it is probably a good idea for us to practice together, working the best places for each of us, with newer members to our band doubling our numbers, when it comes to the fight whether on land or on the water. It would certainly be an advantage."

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Sigrun stares out to the Leim from her squat.

She looks at none of the men, waits for a break in the conversation, and then speaks assuredly, "I returned to Menglana to visit my family, and then to head back to the seas. They're now prisoners... or worse. I'll ally with any whose cause moves me toward freeing them and liberating Froyby. My allegiances are to my father, the sea, my ship, and my captain, and my friends." She then pauses.

"In that order." Sigrun pauses again.

She continues, "So I'm with you, for now. If I find that clan Surenaal is no more, or if the Daas' aims stray from driving back the Ibanvaalers, then all is void. I can do more good exploring the Venarian Sea than spending the rest of my life fighting... over land," these last two words are spoken with venom. "I know in my heart that is the choice my father would have me make right now, but I can't abandon all hope, and not at least try to find them."

Sigrun stands and faces her companions, "Either that will be enough or it won't. I won't betray anyone here, but neither will I die foolishly."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 am

Barak Daas wrote:"What about you Jurri, as you pledging yourself to the Daas?"

"So long as he sees fit to retain my services," Jurri replies with a slight bow.

"Someone has to make you lot immortal," he grins, then turns serious, "but I will not be standing in any shield walls."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 am

"A man should be loyal through life to friends, as my old granddad used to say. I will swear an oath to stand in the shield wall with you lot against the Ibanvaalers."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next