From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 Saraju 720

+3
Barak Daas
Algared
GM
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

17 Saraju 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 am

Barak Daas wrote:A little later Barak says "Algared, is it worth seeing if there is any hospitality in the thraan? I understand that the Dagen won't be here before midday, but Svardkell's horsemen prove that we are not necessarily safe here and that the Dagan can move with speed and surprise."

“I am not sure we will find hospitality elsewhere we only managed to find hospitality with Clan Haal only this morning. True, I find the prospect of the Dagan arriving earlier than estimated a worry, certainly before speaking with Thaldirs I would have agreed. But the last report of the Dagan’s expected arrival is also based on the Daas' knowledge of the Dagan’s horse and the demise of the Ravens. Thaldirs gave me that estimate when asking if Svardkell had managed to find me, and that was just before I arrived here.

It is already late in the day and we march with Nolomar’s rise, and it will be a busy day, we need to ensure we all get as much rest as possible tonight. With those considerations I think it best we stay where we are tonight.

In the meantime Svardkell should reclaim his and his companion’s goods.

Svardkell, are there still any of your companions left who were among the wounded here before you marched, surely any wealth of the Raven’s would also be legally be theirs.”

If Svardkell desires aid in reclaiming and sorting his and Raven’s gear. Then we can assist him.

However we should try to acquire some stores for the march and a few throwing spears each. With the early march what we don’t get done today we will not get done tomorrow. We have a little light left to make preparations. So as they say, lets make hay while the sun shines.”
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 am

The mood about the clanhouse and indeed the whole thran is one of trepidation. Clansmen argue with clansmen, should they stay or should they throw in with clan Daas and move to Ygesdram to carry on the fight. There are arguements both for and against it seems as if for now the clan you are billeted with will be staying, they have lost much during the fight and having little else to loose if they stay and everything to loose if they move.

Clans seem to be shattering in the current enviroment, Valhakars are making decisions which their clansmen disagree with resulting in clans splitting as family units seperate.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 am

Within the Haal clanhouse, noting the tension Algared tries to ease it, giving Kalise a jar of honey. He tries to raise her spirits but eventually leaves Kalise to her thoughts.

If he can he will try to sway the Clansmen to follow Cunate a man they know who follows the Ljarl rather than risk the fate of the Froyby men who were forced to attack as the first waves in the assault on Froyahiem and as such it is his belief the Dagaan cares not for the blood of Menglana's sons and daughters.

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Whilst Algared is on his errand to sweeten up Kalise, Barak says in a hushed voice to Bjarni and Borygg (and Bryndis and Skardkell if they are listening in) "Things are starting to fall to pieces here. It is time to start thinking of how we get out. I don't think it will be long before we will need to. Unless Algared is unexpectedly right and the whole army of Menglana is waiting for us in Ygresdram."

In a louder voice he says to Svardkell "Come, we best go find your gear. You will need it with you if you are staying with us. In future in this war I suggest you don't leave anything of value behind you. If you can't afford to lose it then carry it with you. We are always being sent on missions and we don't always get the change to return to base to pick up gear before we have to move on to the next."

He gets up to accompany Svardkell to where his gear is stored.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Borygg will go with Barak and Skardkell.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

It is becoming increasingly obvious which families are staying and which are going as families begin to pack whatever they can to make themselves ready to leave tomorrow.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

"I thank you both for your help. I will need to make arrangements for any dead man's gear to be sent along to his family. Seven of my companions lay seriously wounded in the Thran still, I will also need to see to them and their last wishes. If there are any funds left from the Company I would gladly share it with you all to hold in common. I'm sure Stee and the other Ravens wouldn't mind if their coin went to fund a new group, eh?" Svardkell pulls at his beard and absent-mindedly scratches at a scar on his face.

"Does your kindred band have a name or symbol?" Svardkell asks.
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Algared seemed more intent on getting ready to leave than on swaying those around him. He hopes that the other clans in Melglana have entered the war against the Dagaan, but he knows those staying are trying to do the best by their families. While Algared thinks they are wrong he tries to respect their reasoning. His gift was primary to try raise the spirit of Kalise whose spirits are low being resigned to the fact that she would be staying and whose husband was already counted among the fallen.

Last edited by Algared on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correcting stupid auto-correct feature on iPod)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Does your kindred band have a name or symbol?" Svardkell asks.

"Not that I know of. How does the 'The Raggard Arsed Beggars' sound"?

To Barak's comment on the state of things Bjarni will nod and say "I hope it is as Algared hopes and the clans of Menglana are gathered, but I fear that this ship is has sprung it's seams and a gale is starting to blow. What do you suggest Barak?"

Bjarni will go with the others.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Svardkell, Barak, Borygg, and Bjarni all head off to wherever the Black Carrion have left their gear. Algared and Bryndis appear to stay in the clanhouse. Barak still has all his equipment on him.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Algared returns to the warbands corner in the Haal longhouse where Bryndis sits alone waiting. The others having left. With Bryndis he packs what he can in preparation for the leave then takes his bowl and bowl.

Algared takes out his bowl and water, he'd like to be rid of his shoulder wound, but realizing he has not long rebandaged it says,
"Bryn, I can bathe the wound on your hand if you wish. Either way you should also ensure your wound has been properly checked and cleaned if you have not yet had it treated properly. Afterwards we can find the others and help them complete preparations for tomorrow if they still have not returned."

Once done Algared and Bryn will join the others knowing the tasks Svardkell has to complete for his fallen and injured comrades will likely take time.

[OOC: initially intended to try erase or reduce the wound to the shoulder, but realised although I last posted doing that a couple of days ago that ingame my wound has only just had Azure hand cast on it. As such I modified the post.]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 am

With the darkness beginning to fall and the shadows about the thranaal growing longer the warriors return to the clanhouse carrying two chests.

Taking the two chests to the clanhouse that currently houses the warband you place them down, Svardkell removes a key from his person and opens his sea chest, then allowing Bjarni the chance to use his brute force he busts open the timber that supported the lock on Stee's chest.

Lifting the lid you find a neatly arranged sea chest. On top a small buckram sack containing personal items of the warrior. About 1/2lb of soap, a razor, comb, earcleaner and a small bronzed mirror. These items are plain and unadorned. Underneath this sack is a folded cloak, taking the cloak from the chest you note that it is nicely embroided and worth about 180d. Underneath the cloak are a pair of leather gauntlets and Kurbul vambraces again these are plain and unadorned.

Several tallow candles are also stowed away within the chest along with a tinderbox.

Also contained in the chest are two sets of clothing the first obviously of lower quality consisting of a red long sleeved shirt made of cloth worth about 40d, along with a brown pair of woollen leggings worth about 50d another set of clothing this one obviously of better quality consists of a blue shirt in worsted wool the sleeves, neck and edges embroided in yellow and red worth in the vicinity of 150d with a pair of sealskin leggings worth about 200d. A pair of leather calfboots are also neatly packed with the chest. Packed with these items are sewing kit, a pewter cup, bowl and spoon. Two leather belts are also wrapped neatly one of fine quality, it is braided leather and fits about a waist worth 30d the other judging by its size loops over a shoulder and is plain in its design and worth about 8d.

Lying almost on the bottom of the chest is an empty leather backpack, underneath that is well worn blanket. Wrapped securely in some plain cloth is a small clay jar, a cork seals the contents from your view. Wrapped in the blanket are two beltpouches, picking up the first in appears to contain coins, on closer inspection its contents total 156d. Contained within the second beltpouch are two small items of jewellery. A small bird carved from bone weighing about 2oz the design is obviously meant to worn as a necklace but the chain is missing, another item a brooch made from gold is an shield superimposed over an axe and looks about 8oz in weight.

Finally at the bottom of the chest you find a scroll case, opening the case up you find several parchments all written in a hand that you are not able to read.

Post by GM I believe none of you can read Lakise
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Barak watches the unpacking of the chest with some pretend disinterest. "Well, Svardkell, if that is your share of the company's wealth you have done well by them. I suspect you could buy a fishing boat with that broach."

A little later after looking out of the door/window "Well, I think it is now too late to go looking for Thaldris, and certainly too late to send out a party to recover the bodies of the Black Carrion."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 am

When the when the second chest is opened by Bjarni Algared asks, "What is this chest Svardkell?" His interest raised by the fact the chest has no key. He watches as Svardkell upacks the carefully packed chest, and nods when Barak comments about Svardkell's wealth represented by the weight of the gold broach. Algared's interest peaks when the scroll case is pulled out but sags once the scrolls are unreadable to him.

"Indeed Barak, it is late in the day to be looking for Thaldir's, though if it is of import then it likely matters not, and I imagine he will be near the great hall." When Barak comments about it also being to late to retrieve Svardkell's fallen comrades Algared says, "They were not recovered? I am sorry Svardkell, I was under the impression that you were found amongst them. But as Barak notes from the time there is little or no time left for us and we march with the dawn. But there may still be enough time to arrange with those who remain to gather your companions and see they are buried to assist their passing to Talagaard if they have not as yet been gathered."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:48 am

"I saw no smoke from the direction of the massacre of your warband Svardkell, so they were probably stripped and left for the wolves," Bjarni says. "Why don't Barak and I go and take a look and see what has happened."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 am

"For exactly the same reason that Thaldirs turned down our offer to scout. Our task tomorrow is such that the Daas doesn't desire us getting entangled and unable to guard the rear.

Svardkell, Cunate is a man who walks the Ljarl, I am sure if it was possible, he would have already taken care of your fallen comrades, that is why I presumed you had been brought in by those recovering the fallen."

Algared pauses then continues, "If they were not bought in or buried already then I think we'd be best to try arrange for their burial by those who intend to remain."

Turning to Barak, Algared says. "What did you wish to seek out Thaldirs for.. while it growing dark now is likely the time.. I doubt we will have any time in the morning. We can go to the greathall... and I should seek out the Daas anyway I may be able to assist with the injured." Algared pushes to his feet, "You are welcome to join me... I suggest the rest of you check your gear and get some sleep."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm

"I thank you for your help in this. If arrangements could be made to see to the fallen by those that remain I would be in your debt. We must also have the remaining sea chests opened and contents sold or sent along to family members. This chest was our leader Stee's. We don't believe he had any family left. I offer these items to be held in trust as a gift for my acceptance into your group should you see fit to allow me."
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 am

"Well Svardkell given the tasks you indicate that need doing with your companions equipment it maybe we should go there. Though you said seven of your band lay in the Thran seriously wounded. Surely they will be able to assist with the task. I will head to the greathall in order to try confirm what arrangements have been made for your fallen brethren. I will be honest Svardkell I do not know what is the normal custom, nor what arrangements Skee had made with the Daas. So we can find out.

I do not think we we have much time ourselves to carry out the tasks that need doing but we can assist those of your company who remain here with what time we have.

Barak if you come me you can ask your questions of Thaldirs, he will likely be near his Valhaker. And once done we can join the others otherwise take help Svardkell with the others and I will join you on my return. If where the Ravens wer housed is less is now empty then if we move it may be helpful also. That seems to be the best use of what time we have left. Unless one of you can read or write I can help by recording the details on my return.

Last edited by Algared on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 am

"I will come with you, but I have no need to see Thaldris if you see Cunate. Svardkell's companions look hardly fit enough to stay breathing, let alone being able to deal with their fallen men's gear. It may be too late to sell of the gear and we can't carry seventeen chests with us. If we could we may be better of carrying the wounded. As for burial of the dead we won 't be able to do that, we will have to trust that the Dagen does the right thing by them."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 am

"We will see who we can, though it may well be as we both fear that we have little or no time. In truth I dislike the idea of leaving the possessions especially if they will equip or fund our foes remaining here. But we will see what can be done at least. But we may need to rely on the Dagaan or those left here to care for the fallen. And yes Barak I'd rather we carried the wounded rather than seventeen chests. if we carried anything."

Last edited by Algared on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed glaring errors the poduct of ipod typing...)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:02 pm

"Speak for yourselves. i would raather carry seventeen chests, or at least what is in them of value. You know that the Dagen's men will just loot them."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

"It is more than likely Bjarni. Still we will have a better idea, what we can do once we have been to the greathall. And I will see what I can do for the Raven's wounded. But just because we fear the Dagaan's force will loot the chests it doesnt mean we should stray from the Ljarl... but we do the best we can eh?

Svardkell if you give me the parchments from Skee's chest we maybe able to have their content asscertained. They may be a list of the Raven's accounts, muster, history or give an indcation of his family contacts. Barak lets go see if we can find some answers. Svardkell if you desire start taking inventory of your companions equipment and working out what can be gathered to return to there families if possible we will have to begin now. Any objections?"

Algared looks around the table giving his companions time to reflect. Assuming there are none, While the others begin to do what they can to ensure the fallen Raven's families may recieve something Algared and Barak will go to the greathall.

Algared and Barak will head to the greathall, they wish to make what arrangements they can for burial of the Raven's if the task has yet to be carried out, and have the one of the scribes peruse the parchments to identify the basic content if possible. Algared also wishes to offer his more specialist skills in helping the wounded who desire aid.

Last edited by Algared on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm

"I don't think we will have time to go through all 17 of those chests. Unfortunately I think this is an action better handed down to people in either the Daas' camp or staying in Abderheim."

Svardkell allows Algared to take the parchments and papers. Svardkell will pack Stee's belongings inside his own chest assuming everything will fit.

Post by GM Despite your best efforts you are not able to pack much in the way of Stee's belongings into your own chest
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:03 pm

"Hmmphh," Bjarni snorts somewhat derisively. "You should have spent more time learning your father's trade than in your books, Algared. I see no honour in filling the enemy's purse."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:33 am

"We may not be able to carry the chests, but we can carry the coins, jewelery and other valuables. That way we get some of their wealth to their kin. Their clothes and other bulky goods will need to be left to the mercy of the Dagen."

Barak watches Svardkell try to stuff everything in to one chest: "Svardkell, we are the rear guard tomorrow, and we may be fighting every step of the way. You will not be much use to us if you are encumbered will a chest that is almost to heavy to carry. And it is not just a question of hauling it to the wharf, you will be carrying it for many leagues. Dump what of his stuff you can't carry. You'll probably have to put your stuff in to sacks and abandon the chest as well. Unless you have a pack horse somewhere...?"

Barak motions to Algared to leave "We best see if Cunate will see us, before it gets any later."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next