From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23 Nuzyael 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

23 Nuzyael 720 - Page 5 Empty Re: 23 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

Barak Daas wrote:
"Personally, I don't want to have to carry Kugald's unwashed leggings or tunic" says Barak half in jest "...and I already have a spare tuinc and cloth for bandages".

'Well after the trek across the mountains, i don't think the leggings and possible the tunics we wore can be salvaged, But we do want a tunic to wear daily and at least another to change into, so I'd say we want a thrid to be carried at least. If its not needed great if it it is we turn it into bandages.

You know one of the things My father had me do when I returned was work on the books, mind you my half brothers were better at keeping the books. None the less I have some skill in keeping tallys and working with numbers. If no one else has the spent time counting with figures I could keep accounts for the band"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Kugald accepts the 25d broach and 38d in coin with good grace. He then picks out the oldest linen clothing and systematically cuts it up into long bandages as Algared has suggested.

Algared wrote:
"Kugald that bit of paper is valued at more coin than what sits on the tunic. Trust me."

The weaponcrafter puts his hand out to Vidar, taking the parchment back. He looks at it, front and back, looking over the document and trying to make sense of the little marks, like chicken tracks, on the page. He shakes his head.

"If you say so…. But I am doubtful."

Barak wrote:
He points to Kugald's and Borygg's new trews "Next time you are rummaging through someone's chest, I am after a sealskill vest."

"Sounds good, I will keep my eyes open for something like that for you."

As soon as the goose and stew are ready, Kugald pulls out his wooden bowl and spoon and is soon digging in to the meal.

Afterwards, he follows Barak's lead and finds a comfortable corner, out of the way and stretches out to get some sleep after the poor sleep the previous evening and the long march over the mountains. He is soon snoring away.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Barak takes back the silver ring, the seventeen silver pennies, and the pouch they were in. He puts the lot, along with the two handaxes, in to his loot sack. That way he keeps his loot seperate from his own stuff.

By GM - it is just a plain undecorated band of silver
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 am

Algared reaches for and takes his share of the coin, 'What I really need is a quill, ink and some parchement to keep a tally on." He shrugs, adding the coin to his coin pouch. Once everyone has taken there share he reaches for what would was divided for Thorin, 'Seems he was called away before he added his booty to the collective total."

Algared then divides the 62 Silver into equal piles of 10 coins each, leaving one coin left over. 'I suggest we each take the extra portion." Algared intends to let each take an extra pile of coin, taking the last pile only after the others have each taken one.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 am

By the time you have the loot divided, the hunger in your bellies satisfied, and you have each found a place where you can lay down and rest, it is mid afternoon. The cooking gear sits out with the evening meal stewing over the embers of the fire. The sun hangs in the western sky warming each of you as you try to rest.

You find out from one of the passing warriors that the Valhakar of clan Batheson has lead his men towards the thran of Nyron. He intends to replicate the attack on Vansbry and so the rest of the warband will be leaving before sunrise to aid in the assault.

Each of you seem to find time to sleep as you toss and turn finally you all wake and sate your hunger on the remains of the food and with the last hint of daylight your warband is able to clean and pack away the cooking gear ready for the march you know is coming early tomorrow.

With the last of the daylight now gone and the food eaten you lay back on your sleeping blanket and relax letting your meal digest....
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:40 pm

::loud belch:: Sleep
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Algared wrote:
Algared then divides the 62 Silver into equal piles of 10 coins each, leaving one coin left over. 'I suggest we each take the extra portion." Algared intends to let each take an extra pile of coin, taking the last pile only after the others have each taken one.

Algared shrugs then tosses one of the two left over coins to Barak and the other to Borryg.

[ooc oops missed those two coins in the original post]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:21 am

As the night wears on the temperature begins to drop becoming quite cold by around high moon. The members of the warband sleep fitfully, waking only briefly to readjust their blankets to keep warm in the growing cold or as they are woken by the sounds of the guards wandering the thranhold. Hands flash to weapons quickly only to realise that it is the guards on their patrol that has woken them.

Rolling over and drawing your blanket over your shoulder you quickly fall asleep again....
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5