From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23 Nuzyael 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

23 Nuzyael 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 23 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am

"Although if we present the Daas with a Cart (200d) and a beast to haul it, he may find it useful for hauling supplies and wish to take possession now." Algared smiles, placing his hand upon Barak's shoulder. "We are in this together cousin, and together we shall prevail regardless."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:37 am

"Let us divide this bounty up and get a move on" states Barak "Perhaps Vidar can share it out since I am sure his integrety is above reproach." Then tunring to Algarad "Then let us go find your ox, but who will look after the cart whilst we are away?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Let us divide this bounty up and get a move on" states Barak "Perhaps Vidar can share it out since I am sure his integrety is above reproach." Then tunring to Algarad "Then let us go find your ox, but who will look after the cart whilst we are away?"

"Kugald' Algared Says, adressing his older cousin, "Barak and I will see if we can find a beast to haul the cart. The Daas may find it useful on this campaign though I have a feeling we'll not any any beasts as they are likely already hauling the supplies for the Ibanvaal dogs, at least this way we will have a better idea. We'll be back here by high-sun.

Anyone Else wish to join us for the search?"

Last edited by Algared on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited since from Barak's post I realised it was wasn't clear. Also added option for others to join if they like)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 am

As Barak follows Algarad he says "Don't forget Vidar that the Daas will want a third share of that silver; though he might be convinced to take a note. I'll have Njehu if no one else wants it."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Emphasing text)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:34 am

As you are standing around exchanging ideas a 'runner' appears and says "The Daas intends to march before Yael sets tomorrow morning, he suggests you get what rest you can, have a hot meal and he is most pleased with your efforts today" the young lad turns to Erdrick and Thorin and says "Journeyman Erdrick the Valhakar wishes to talk with you about your maps" he casts Erdrick a strange look at this but passes it off when Erdrick responds by nodding his head. Erdrick bids you all farewell and hopes that he will see you all again soon.

The 'runner' then turns to Thorin "Huscarl, the Valhakar also requests your attendance immediately" Thorin to nods his head in acknowledgement before heading off towards the main clanhouse where the Valhakar stands near the front door still issuing instructions to his staff.

You search around and find a quiet place out of the road where you can divide the loot up amongst yourselves. While Algared goes in search of an oxen.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:37 am

If all are in agreement, Vidar divides up the spoils. (I'm pressed for time right now. I'll return later and list it out and see if everyone is ok with it; or if the GM wishes to use his discretion, I'm cool with that, too.)

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:05 am

Looking to the sky you can see that it is not much past mid morning, the sky is blue and clear with only few wisps of white cloud visible. A steady breeze blows from the south west and the temperature is mild. Which allows you to remove your cloaks to enjoy the suns warmth.

As Vidar sorts through the coin, bearers note and the 2 items of jewellry (the broach and the chain and pendant) you are assailed by the smell of roasting meat from the thran. It seems the warband have not wasted any time in preparing their next meal.

Your stomachs begin to groan and it is now, when the task is completed and the fear of battle gone that your realise your own hunger.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 am

[OoC: There is also a silver ring in the pile]

Barak and Algarad return from their unsuccessful trip to find an ox. Barak makes himself comfortable and then starts to prepare his goose for roasting.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:49 am

VIDAR QUESTION 1: "How much you think that ring is worth?"
VIDAR QUESTION 2: "Is Cunate entitled to 1/3 of our findings?"

Ready to post loot division once these are answered.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 am

Vidar Orbaason wrote:"How much you think that ring is worth?"
It weighs 3/4oz at a guess, so 45d. If you are interested the pouch which contains the ring also has 45d in silver pennies.

Vidar wrote:"Is Cunate entitled to 1/3 of our findings?"
I think only Barak knows this (since he took the trouble to find out), this is what was said in connection with a conversation with Thaldris on 10th Nuzyael: "During the afternoon you are able to secure the services of Borygg into the service of clan Daas. He shall be paid 1d per day and shall be provided food and lodgings. He shall like every other warrior be entitled to 2/3 of all booty he captures and as is the custom he forwards 1/3 on to his employer."

I am assuming our "employer" is Cunate - The other possibility is that it is Kugald, and then Kugald has to give 1/3 of his (combined) loot to Cunate.

I am sure Neil will oblidge us with a clarification.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:44 am

Yes Cunate Daas is your employer as he was the one who either hired you for work, is your Valhakar or has called you as part of the muster.

As an example all members of clan Batheson, as they were mustered by the Valhakar their Valhakar is entitled to 1/3 of all booty captured by his men + his any booty captured by him and so he then turns over 1/3 of that horde to Cunate Daas.

But as you either belong to clan Daas or have been employed directly by Cunate Daas your share gets handed directly to him...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

[OoC: Do we know how and when this share is to be made? Or do we need to send Kugald on a 'fact finding misson'? ;-)]

Post by GM - You will have to carry all your own loot until you return and then hand over your share, this way it no only keeps you poorer for longer (which is good for the Valhakar) but it save him having to carry 1/3 of the booty for nearly 700 men
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Looking over the stack of loot, Kugald shakes his head. "You know, I think the Jarl expects us to carry his loot for the whole trip back to Ygesdram. I don't know about you guys, but I am not really keen on carrying heavy, bulky loot for a week or more. I suggest we leave our heavy stuff 'unguarded' while we go off to get something to eat. I am sure one of the warriors at the back of the column will 'find' it and be glad of it. That way someone else can carry it all the way back to Ygesdram and the Daas will still get his fair cut. Of course we will have to give the Daas a cut of our coins, jewelry and high quality clothing, but only that which gets back to Ygesdram." Kugald gives a conspiratorial wink. "I have a feeling I might get mighty thirsty on the way back and may have to buy many tankards of mead along the way!"

While not exactly 'honorable' and somewhat in conflict with Ljaarl, the old game of shorting the Jarl his share by 'under valuing' and 'forgetting' certain items is an old, traditional and well-appreciated one....well appreciated by the person doing the shorting!

"It is up to you guys, but I, for one, have no intentions of over-burdening myself so early in the campaign."

Kugald accepts his share of coin (and/or jewelry). "Vidar, you say this parchment thing is worth coin?" Since he can't read the bearer note, Kugald is suspicious. "If so, then, let's keep that for the Jarl's share."

"Let's get something to eat. I am sure by the time we get back, someone else will have 'volunteered' to carry our excess 'stuff'. If that person dies later on in the campaign, well, that is Sarajin's will. He won't need the loot anymore and we can 'retrieve' it then."

Kugald picks up the food they looted but can't fit in their backpacks. "We should eat this first and as much as we can. Algared, break out your cauldron and let's go find some wood, a fire pit, a table and mead...if it hasn't been all drunk."

He looks at the rest of the group, the stack of bulky loot and then at the cart. "Your choice, but I'm sure not pulling that cart."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm

OOC: Well I was ready to post the loot yesterday, but in light of new loot additions, I just want to reverify. I plan on posting in a couple of hours (after my sales appointments). QUESTION: How many coins = 1 pound? Anyone have that info handy? Because I don't think this loot will be as weighty as we all think. It's looking like (just to give you an idea) that some of us will have some jewelry, but mostly we'll have about 60-80 coins each and an equal share of a bearer's note. I'm leaving it up to the individuals to determine how much they wish to give Cunate when the campaign is done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:09 pm

320 silver pennies to 1lb (weight) - 240d to £1 (monetary)

The bulky stuff is the old clothing, weapons and cart(!). I guess people can decide for themselves if they want to carry the bulky stuff. Barak will carry 'his' two hand axes if no one else claims a share.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Algared looks at the note, looking at where the note is redeemable, then says "Kugald that bit pf paper is valued at more coin than what sits on the tunic. Trust me. As for the cart, and beast of burden I found two one is roasting the another old oxen was spared the captures decideing I actually made sense and that they wanted a cart. Anyways I'm hot, tired, hungry and of a ill mood. So lets get food cooking. Though if we have no bandages I suggest we take some of those extra tunics, we can cut them up to make bandages if needed."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

"As for carying the baulky items, when the time comes I suggest we equally distribute the weight, so we take as much as we can." With that Algared takes his share of the hard coin, then begins preparing the meal. Once finished he drinks his fill of water then finds a an area to mediate upon the ways of the Odivshie. Having removed all that hinders except for a tunic and his leggings, he casts Chalsea's sponge ensuring his focus is worn.

Last edited by Algared on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

The member 'Algared' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'Percentile Dice' : 22
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Algared finds a quiet place out of the elements and begins to unpack his pot and other cooking materials. Barak gathers some of the wood gathered by the other members of the warband and lights two fires. One for his own cooking and another for Algared to cook on.

Soon the fires are lit and coals glow with the heat of a hot fire - Kugald is reminded of his firepit in the workshop in Ygesdram.

Barak roasts his goose over his fire while Algared stews some pork with vegetables garnished with some several spices found in one of the clanhouses. The smell of roast meat wafts through your warband as you lay back relaxing waiting for the meal to cook. Every now and then one of you will rise wander down the hill gather a little more wood for the fire as necessary and then resume your position waiting for the goose and stew to cook....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:45 am

[OoC: I take it we're all sharing the roast fresh goose and pork stew?]

After cooking and eating, Barak takes back the two handaxes and says "If no one else wants to carry these then I will - who knows they might make good weapons. What do you reckon to me with a handaxe in each hand" Barak tries holding an axe in each hand experimentally and decides he could manage it "I bet that would scare a raw youth holding a spear for the first time in his life." Barak then puts the two axes back in to his game loot sack.

He points to Kugald's and Borygg's new trews "Next time you are rummaging through someone's chest, I am after a sealskill vest."

Barak then takes the time to repack his knapsack and check his equipment. None of it was used, but he is methodical in checking it each day. Shortly after he finds a good place to sleep and is determined to nap all afternoon; pleased that the first thran is taken with no loss of life - mainly down to his warband's efforts.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 am

Barak Daas wrote:...Barak takes back the two handaxes and says "If no one else wants to carry these then I will - who knows they might make good weapons....He points to Kugald's and Borygg's new trews "Next time you are rummaging through someone's chest, I am after a sealskill vest."
Borygg thanks Barak and Algared for cooking the meal. He tells Barak "I have no skill with the axe and would likely hurt myself if I tried to use one. I'll stick with my bow and spear. I'll hang on to my trusty club here but would gladly replace it with a nice mace if someone spies one of those."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:11 am

"It is a shame you didn't say that, Borygg, before we left Ygesdram, for I could have lent you my hunting club. I am sure you would have done much damage with a haakapik."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:11 am

"Not including hatchets and sealskins, I've calculated our total haul to be 755d. This includes coin and jewelry (and Barak's more recent additions). Now for simpliticy's sake, I'll leave each of you to determine your share for Cunate. If you'd like me to help you calculate it, I will.

"I count 7 shares: Thorin, Barak, Borryg, Jurri, Kugald, Algared, and myself.

"First, we come to the matter of the bearer's note, which is included in this total. I'd suggest we each have an equal share of that so that we don't unnecessarily burden one or two of us with having to redeem it and the difficulties associated with that venture. This will leave us with 435d to split amongst ourselves.

"To keep numbers round, will there be any objections to giving our warband leader the remaing 1d? This will allow each of us a share of 62d, with Kugald receiving 63d.

"To keep things easy, I suggest that you keep the jewelry you found, and count its value towards your total. For example, Barak found a 45d silver ring, so he'd get that plus 17d in coin.

"For my part, this means I have 30d in a copper chain and a whale pendant. This means I'll take 32d in coin, and that's my share."

"KUGALD gets a 25d broach and 38d in coin."

"ALGARED, BORRYG, JURRI, and THORRIN each receive 62d in coin."

"As for the hatchets, I didn't total those, and I'd just as soon say -- have at them, whoever wishes them."

OOC: This is based on all loot that Vidar is aware of. Sorry for the delay. I've been SLAMMED with business lately. Good for me; bad for gaming. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:27 am

'If we are saying the hatchets and spare tunics are part of the booty to be part of the Jarls' share, then we each should carry them evenly distruted. We can sell them when we get the chance, or allow another to use them when we find something more portable or valuable. Take all the linen tunics, make sure everyone has at least a a change of clothing. We may need to use them as bandages. I dont wish to sound the Doomsayer, but we've been in situations now several times where injuries could have been sustained, without Hovik we'll be relying on our selves and more likely more on my ability with the arcane when such occurs."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:48 am

[OoC: I believe that Erdrick was with us, and Thorin was with Thaldris looting the other houses - not that it matters. Also Barak put in his loot at the same time as everyone else, it's not his fault if the GM forgot to mention it ;-)]

"Personally, I don't want to have to carry Kugald's unwashed leggings or tunic" says Barak half in jest "...and I already have a spare tuinc and cloth for bandages".
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next