From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 Peonu 720

+4
Algared
Jurri Grebel
Borygg Raal
GM
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

14 Peonu 720 - Page 5 Empty Re: 14 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:39 pm

"Well I did pray to our lord and ask for aid in understanding or the mystery we were faced with, and we did try to ensure the remains were properly cared for as well, I suppose our lord looked with favour upon us. Anything more than that as an explaination I cannot give, for we are where we desired to be, thus I will maintain it is the guidence and blessings of our lord. For I can tell you to travel thus is well beyond my skills, so rejoice cousin and know, whether others believe it or not that we have been favoured, and will at least tonight have a warm hearth and full bowls." Algared speaks quietly as he walks besides Barak, conscious as he looks around the at the growing crowd that they are all looking grubby and ragged, depite their best efforts.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 pm

"I wish he had sent the Elkyri to take us here on their flying horses. That would have been a grand arrival and great fun. When I sit on the ground I expect to stay in one place I don't expect the ground to move under me taking me somewhere else. I am not sure Kulgald is doing the right thing going straight to the Dass' hall. Last time we arrived there looking like this we were sent away to bath and get fresh clothes on. I am not sure Cunate will want to recieve us looking like we do. I am not even sure that our news is that worthy. The best we have is that crested scroll."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:24 am

"Barak, it is much better to be turned away inorder to get cleaned than have the huscarls come to get us because we failed to show a valhaker honour. Even more so when the Valhaker is our own. We have to report on our experience the manner in which guard patrols are conducted, and even the ford and we also need to report our finds."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:16 am

Time: End 4th watch

You make your way towards the thranyhold, as you near it the crowd begins to disperse as each one offers you greetings and then returns to their business. All seem to rejoice in your return.

Climbing the hill towards the thran the commotion you have caused throughout the thran has not gone undetected and several men have gathered at the thranholds gates amongst them is Thaldirs.

With a beaming smile he say "Welcome home, my young adventures, I thought I had seen the last of you, but it is good you are home"
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 am

"Thaldirs, well met sir. I think you thought you had seen the last of us in Froyby didn't you?" Kugald smiles proudly at the warband's accomplishment of making its way through enemy territory.

"We come bearing news of our trip and what we found along the way. We have not even stopped to wash, change our clothes or even quaff a beer. There is much we have to tell and I wanted to see the Daas first." He leans in close to Thaldirs so the other men around him can't hear. "There is treason afoot. We found a letter between Trond and someone with a crest that is a boar's head above a castle wall."

Kugald steps back. "Should we go clean up first or do you think the Daas will want to see us first?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 am

With a quick look Thaldirs answers "Ah, Kugald no offence, but I would not let you greet my pigs in current condition" he says with a smile.

While you are close Thaldirs says "There is much happening here, the Daas and the Storzar have been in secret for almost two days now" stepping back he adds "do you have this letter with you, I will see the Daas gets it immediately. I will send someone for you when the Daas is ready to see you, it should be sometime anyway, why don't you go and clean up, change your clothes and grab and ale from the meadhall, I shall call on you there"

Stepping back Thaldirs adds with a wry smile "Welcome home!" as he looks to each of you.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 am

Kugald sniffs himself. "Aye, you might have a point there."

"Jurri, you have the letter and the tube it came in, give it to Thaldirs. Barak, you have the boar's tusk, pass that over as well." He reaches in his pouch to take out the small crest of a boar's head on a castle wall that was on the thong about the man's neck. "He was wearing this about his neck."

"Come friends...I need a wash and clean clothes. Let us meet in an hour at the meadhall."

Kugald makes his way back to his clan house. He drops his gear inside the door and embraces his mother and sister. "I stink! Mother, can you get me some of my other clothes, thank you. I will tell you my news after I am cleaned up."

He takes some soap, his best set of clean clothes and a towel and heads down to the river. He strips down and takes a quick plunge into the frigid waters, coming out cursing the cold. Standing knee deep in the river, he soaps up and then dives in again. He briskly rubs himself dry, dresses and makes his way back to the clan house at a quick pace before he freezes. Once there, he sits close to the fire to warm up. "Anything to eat?" he asks.

His mother hauls out some bread and scoops him a big bowl of pottage. He wolfs it down, relating the tale of his trip to Froyby and then through enemy territory between bites.

Once he has eaten something and talked to his family, he begs leave. He hefts his belt and treasures. He takes out his two purses with 84d and 121d in them. "You'd best hide this," as he passes his mother his valuables pouch with a piece of amber, gold comb, ivory comb, and amber broach. Looking at the mess of his gear and clothes. "Momma, can you wash these clothes for me, I have been living in them for two weeks." He gives her a big kiss on the cheek.

"I will be back soon."

He heads out of the clanhouse and down to the meadhall. He has only his second best tunic on, his belt with his sword and dagger and two coin purses.

Kugald enters the meadhall, sits down at the first open spot and loudly proclaims, "I need a drink!"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

Borygg returns to his room at the clanhouse of Bjarri Orbaason, head of the temple of Sarajin in Ygesdram. He stows his gear, then heads to the river to bathe. When done, he dresses in a spare pair of leggings and the silk tunic he took at Vansbry. It's a bit worse for wear having been in his pack these past couple weeks, but it looks nicer than his other spare tunics. When he is presentable, he'll join Kugald in the meadhall.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 am

As the band leave the Thanhold turned away to wash, Algared can almost hear Barak's 'I told you so', although not spoken, it rings within his ears. 'Kugald I'm headed home to clean and catch up, i'll have those promisory notes values by my father. He may even know where they could be redeemed at face value. I'll join you at the Tavern as soon as I am able.

Algared returns home and greets his family telling his mother he needs to get cleaned and dressed ready to meet the Daas with Kugald. He also, like kugald, takes soap and scrubbing brush and heads outside to scrub the dirt away. Onces he has removed the last of the dirt he dries himself off and dresses in some clean clothes. and begins to polishe his boots and leathers. As they sit and converse, Algared asks his father the value merchants would be able to redeem the promisory notes that he has aquired at various including within Daaslund, and shows them to his father for evaluation. "These are about a third of those we aquired father. I was hoping these would be worth having. Unfortunately we didn't find hordes or silver an gold though."

While Skorri examines the parchments Algaredl eats anything that is offered him. ''I'm sure Jurri will have a tale to tell of our adventures, they were strange and mysterious to say the least. though we didn't always have full stomaches "

Once his father has valued the credit notes Algared will retrieve them, and then sort through his bags. His soiled clothes he sets aside to be cleaned and repaired later and engages in conversation with his family as he enjoys being home. Finally, gladly accepting any assistance from his fgamily Algared gets ready in his best and cleanest clothes, strap on his belt and broadsword and pouches, wearing no jewellry apart from his small amulet he heads out to join Kugald at the meadhall and wait the summons.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Barak heads straight off to the meadhall. There he will seek out Gelda and Jabor.

Hoping to find himself in good favour he locates his gear. Opening his chest he bungs his gear in to it. Lacking both soap and a scrubbing brush he gives himself a sponging down with an old rag outside the kitchen. He puts on his best blue and green buckram runic, serge leggings and 'dress' belt (with purse, pouch and knife) and soft leather sandles.

Barak then heads out to the front of the meadhall and grabs a large table. He orders himself a pot of ale, and a decent meal [OoC: How much is he charged?] and settles down to wait for his Friends.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for brevity)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Jurri gets cleaned up and changes clothes (I'll spare you the blow-by-blow of his personal hygiene and grooming), stores his war gear, then heads down to the meadhall to meet with the others and chat with whoever else is present.

He's strangely withdrawn, and doesn't show much enthusiasm for the conversation.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:33 am

Barak is the first to arrive in the meadhall, scanning the crowd he finds a bench with enough space to seat the warband.

Taking a seat he says to the couple "Greetings. I don't recognise you and I would if you were from around here. I am Barak I normally help out in the meatball, but I am not working tonight. I am a hunter but we're just back from a trek right across Storzarlund. I presume you are Storzar's men, and, um, women" he smiles to cover his embarasment "Let me buy you a drink and you can tell me about your escape from the Dagan's army. We've been chasing you for days."

The man replies "Bjarni Daasen from far Orbaal is my name, called Sperm Whale. This here is Master Pilot Sigrun, late of the good ship Oceanracer."
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 am

"But we have not come with the Storzars. We have come from Vulenheim and Pelyn, and before that from further afield.

I have come here to find kin. My old Granddad came from this very thran and settled in Orbaal where we took the name Daasen for our clan and thran both.

Sigrun's tale is more troubling I think and for her to tell you."

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:18 am

When Borygg gets to the mead hall, he'll spot Barak, Jurri, and whoever else is around. He'll take a seat and order some food and drink when possible. He'll listen to the conversation, expecting the others have heard the same news he has heard. If no one is talking about the fate of the Daas army, he'll wait for the rest of his friends to arrive before telling what he has heard.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 am

Kugald joins the group with a flagon of mead in one hand and what looks like a half gnawed boar leg in the other...

"So my friends, what news...."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 am

"I'm told that my uncle, Kelsi Grebel, was killed in the fighting near Froyby. I suppose he was but one of many."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 am

"That is true, Jurri. From what Bjarri Orbaasen has told me, of the 700 or so warriors that left Ygesdram, only 200 returned. He says that while the Daas was confronted by a large Ibanvaal army coming from Froyaheim, a number of ships sailed into Lihea and caught the Daas' warband from behind. As true sons of Sarajin all, they attempted to fight their way through but only a few survived to make it home."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 am

Bjarni listens to the talk, trying to figure out if any of the people around him look like family back home. He asks "Were you not part of the main warband? That fight sounds like one for the sagas. I see your valhakar made it out - he must be a great warrior"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:24 pm

To Jurri he says "I am sorry to hear of your loss Jurri. I will be honest and say we didn't get along well, but nether-the-less he was a great man and will be sorely missed."

To Borygg has says, "Five hundred lives lost in one battle. There will be many a family without a father now." Barak chooses his words carefully and says in a soft tone so as to not be over heard "If only the Daas had known about the warboats in Lihea. I wonder if the guard in Lihea managed to give any warning. Or perhaps the warboats were not a surprise, but there was nothing to do but fight once they had landed."

Barak stops to chew on his rye bread and loudly states "Real bread and beer - how I have missed these." Barak proves the point by taking a big gulp of ale.

Turning back to Sigrun he asks "This Oceanracer: is it ready to sail? Is it looking for crew? "

More generally he says "I have the feeling that Daaslund isn't going to be the place for me shorty, and with our army decimated we won't withstand an attack from the Dagan, not unless the Stozar has brought a massive army with him or the King sends warriors to help. Especially since the Dagan knows he can attck from three poiints at once."

To Bjani he says "Cunate Daas is a great warrior, and we one great victories over the Ibanvaalers. All except the last apparently. So Bjarni, you are looking for your family. What was their name before they became Daasen? We are all locals so we might be able to help you find them if they are still alive and living here. There will be three Daas round this table before long, and Jurri here knows every family in the thran and all their linerages, you are in the best hands for your quest."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct grammer)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 pm

"So many lost..."

Kugald is silent for a few moments, and gives a short prayer to Sarajin for the souls of the dead.

"I am shocked. We passed only one warboat on the way from Lihea to Froyby. Others must have rowed upriver before we left. I don't know if there is anything we could have done except stayed and died for our liege."

He is quiet for a bit more, and takes several long draughts of his mead.

"With 500 warriors lost, the Daas will be in no shape to hold off the Ibanvaalese from Ygesdram. I do not see a large army from the king here to rescue us. I fear that the Daas will have no choice but to surrender to the Dagen or face being wiped out."

He gnaws on the pork leg a bit.

"Hmmm...your idea of taking sailing with Bjani here has some merit. So, Bjani, tell us of Orbaal. What is it like? Are you in need of sailors? We have a stout band of five strong men who have proven they are survivors."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Algared finally arrives and joins his companions. Having been introduced to the strangers at the table and noting the sombre mood he listens as others fill him in on the tragedy. "Somehow our plan to find the Storzar and let him know what the Daas was doing seems to have been foolhardy now.. though I suppose it makes sense of the mast being up on the fishing boat." Algared falls silent and to hind his contemplative mood orders some food and an ale.

I wonder if we could take the fort at the ford and take out the patrols.. or will the idiot we have for a king let Ibanvaal put us all under the boot. Algared thinks to himself they utters several curses under his breath.

Looking up over the rim of his cup Algared stands and walks around the table and stands next to Kugald and quietly speaks. Before his voice drops you hear him say, "It may be rather crude in the light of the news and loss but I showed my father the ...
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm

The woman speaks rapidly, barely pausing between sentences, "As Bjarni has said, my name is Sigrun, of clan Surenaal in Froyby. I sailed for my last trip to the Venarian Sea just before all this began. When I returned to Pelyn, I heard that Froyby had fallen. I've been seeking word of my parents from those who have been there. I'm told my mother is alive, but that the men have been enslaved as warriors by the Dagen, and actually fought against Froyaheim! I've just taken my Master Pilot's exam, and have come here to offer to steer a boat for the Daas, as I also heard about the counterattack against Froyby and am thankful. Were you all there at Froyby?"

She pauses briefly to breathe, and drink, and listen to the others.

"So if you weren't with the Daas' main army, where were you?", Sigrun asks Barak. "I'm not the captain of the Oceanracer, so I don't know where it sails next, but it is still here. I'm to be signed off and a new apprentice pilot taken on when they make their way back through Vulenheim. Captain Sorli took on a strange group of passengers recently - some knights of Agrik and their men. I think they're still here. I forget their destination, but I hope they've come to fight for the Daas."

A few minutes later, she jumps into a lull in the conversation.

"I almost forgot! A member of the King's guard told me that a Kronraad is to be called. Maybe the king is looking to rally the clans and retake the captured lands?"
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:42 pm

> "So if you weren't with the Daas' main army, where were you?", Sigrun asks Barak. <

"We started off with the main army, but when the decission to retreat was made we left the army. We went north to near Froyaheim, before cutting east accross to Abdenheim. Our mission was to scout and to try and take a message to the Storzar. We did not succeed. The town had fallen and we barely escaped the Dagan's army. I am sure Jurri here will tell the story in much more detail later."

"Hmmm, if the Oceanracer is full of knights of Agrik, perhaps I won't want that ship after all."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:00 pm

“Well met, Sigrun!”

“As Barak said, we were part of the Daas’ army and fought several skirmishes with the Ibanvaalese on the way to Froyby. We missed the ambush in Lihea, but had many of our own adventures and clashes with the Ibanvaalese as we scouted through enemy-occupied Storzarlund.”

“I am pleased to hear that the Kronraad is to be called, but I fear it is already too late. Froyby and Froyahiem have fallen. The valhakars of Storzarlund have already been forced to swear loyalty to the Dagen. Our clan has lost 500 of its best men. By the time the King summons the Kronraad, makes a decision, musters the troops and gets to Ygesdram….” Kugald voice tappers to nothing, not wishing to state the obvious. He takes a long swig of ale and calls for another.

“So, who or what are these Agrikans you speak off? I have not heard tell of such folk before.”

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

"Jurri, well met.

My family name was Daas before my Grandad left these parts. His name was Knut, brother of Yalan Daas who was a Valhakar of Clan Daas here half a century ago."

To the general group Bjarni says

"Orbaal is a fine country, similar to this in many ways. High mountains and long deep fjiords. The land is good and after spending a winter here, I have to say somewhat milder in climate. We have our troubles there as well. Our Jarin thralls plot rebellion constantly and are a surly lot. My father says we need more countrymen from these parts to increase our numbers.

As far as sailing, I have no ship at present - I am beached with what you see as my worldly goods, apart from my sea chest and some salty clothes and odds and ends. When I came here I had no knowledge of the war and from what you men are saying, it will not go well in these parts.

And Kugald is it? These Agrikans are followers of a red god of war. Common as flies on a dead fish back in Harn. In Orbaal there is a whole thran of them but the wonder is that they are all shield maidens. They were an untalkative lot on the trip here on the 'racer. Still, a silent tongue has nothing useful to say, as my old Grandad used to say"

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next