From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Peonu 720

+6
Bryndis Serewyn
Borygg Raal
Algared
Barak Daas
Meldun Jarlaka
GM
10 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

30 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 am

"Right" says Barak grabbing for Sugrun's arm in his haste "Time to get out of here." he starts to head south east, before explaining "If we head between the meadow and the cliff we have an easy run up to Olaf's cottage, from there we can probably join up with Cunate's line with ease. There is no point lying here with an arrow in our chest". At this point he will follow his plan irrespective of what Sigrun does, but he is quite clear about what he thinks she should do.

[OoC: His plan is to go, at high speed (he is a fast runner and has moderately little encumbrance at the moment), approximately SSE to the northern most of the eastern longhouses]

As he heads out, he will see that Cunate is approaching so he will veer in that direction across the meadow.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:29 am

"Hello Sigrun," Bjarni grins at the pilot as he ducks down. "You should get yourself back to the main battle line I think. This is going to get messy."

He will then measure the range to the target [OoC - if it within his throw range] and heave his rock into the berserks, hoping to knock one into the freezing water.

To the others he will say "Are we going to achieve anything here? Let s get back to the line and join the Daas - look he advances towards us. If they move their arses they might get here before the enemy land and form their wall"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 am

Once under the safety of cover, Meldun will look to see if the arrow stuck into his shield. If so, he will break off the shaft so it won't get in the way. Quickly performing a head count, he see's everyone has made it. Looking out at their attackers and takes in their numbers. Spotting the raging men, Meldun looks as carefully as he can to see if any of the warriors on the boat wear any of Sarajin's markings.
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:31 am

Algared launches the projectile toward the lead boat as soon as he is in extreme range, "Sarajin guide this missle and help me fight bravely this day" He mutters to himself. As the band come upon the beach towards the Farvie, from the east between the warehouse and the cliffs, he sees Barak and Sigrun moving in the opposite direction towards the shipwrightes sheds as the band moves to join them. He fits another stone and and hurls it at lead men in the approaching boats when time permits.

Algared signals Barak and Sigrun to join them, if they can, while he returns fire whenever possible at the attackers. "Just let a few drop." He mutters as the band move hold position to the north-eastern building.

Once Barak and Sigrun have rejoined them the band withdraws as originally planned. "Borryg see if you can drop one or two." Algared says as they slowly withdraw using the buildings and their shields for added cover. As they move south south east towards the cliffs or towards the Daas line whichever is the most feasible. Peppering the attackers they are able.

Last edited by Algared on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:11 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : I edited the post because intiatially I was going from the map position that had us on the western side, but the noticed the erata. not to mention spelling and typos that leap out at you on the re-read.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Trying to remain as under cover as possible, Borygg will pop out when the boats are within bow range and fire off some arrows.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Meldun will use his shield as best he can do defend himself and any archer or rock thrower nearest him while they retreat to the Daas.
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Sigrun ducks and follows Barak away from the shipwright's buildings.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Bjorn follows Algared's withdraw, staying close to Meldun and pausing now and then to fire an arrow at the nearest target.
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Bryndis follows Algared's withdrawl, keeping half an eye on Meldun and half an eye on the berserkers. She'll make sure to use her shield to cover her ranged companions from incoming arrows.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Eijryk follows the warband holding his shield up for cover against the arrows and keeping himself behind static covers as much as possible while also staying close to the others and following Algared's directions.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:03 am

The warband continue their retreat firing at extreme range into the foe when possible, hopefully inflicting a few casualties to their number.

If only two warboats are landing here, Algared will wonder where the third has gone, is there a place further to the east where a boat could unload and pose a a threat to a flank?

The band will continue their retreat aiming to finally be positioned to the east of the Daas line.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:31 am

The warboats continue to close upon the beach. Moving through the buildings the warband move towards the cliff face using the buildings as cover. The rain of arrows continues to fall around the warriors as they flit through the buildings.

Barak and Sigrun are the first to make for the warband breaking from the shelter of the buildings. They seem to take the attackers by surprise as the arrows fail to follow them in their head long retreat towards the Daas shieldwall.

Algared is the first to step out from behind the cover of the buildings with his staff sling in hand he swings the staff above his head building up momentum for him to launch his projectile. Suddenly a stabbing pain appears in his right thigh, pausing for a moment he looks down and notices a wound where there should not be one. A bloody arrows lays on the ground near his foot. Winding up once again Algared swings his staffsling releasing the projectile as another arrow strikes the ground near his foot, the stone from his sling traces an arc through the sky towards his target an archer aboard the closest boat but it lands well short of its target with a splash into the water.

With Barak and Sigrun now heading back to the shieldwall, Algared calls for the rest of the warband to retire back to the shieldwall.

Leaving the cover of the buildings the warband decide to join the shieldwall too. With shields up they break south for the warband. Another hail of arrows falls around the retiring warriors, arrows clack off shields and falls around the retiring warband. Eijryk suddenly feels a stinging pain in the back of his left calf, stubbling a little he looks back and sees an arrow hanging loosely from his left leg, with another step the arrow falls from the wound to the ground.

Quickly the warband fall out of range of the enemy archers.

The warband falls back to the line of Cunates warriors, joining up with Barak and Sigrun, the warband can see the enemy warriors beginning to disembark from the boats. Thin wisps of smoke can be seen coming from the beach. The smoke quickly builds into a thick pall that rises skyward, A small group of warriors mainly the berserkers it seems breaks for the building of Ulauf's shipwright while others mill about the beach until they have all disembarked and like a flood they break out into small groups as they look to pillage the thran.

A group breaks towards Ulauf's shipyard, another group heads towards Skorri's warehouse while the main group heads towards the other buildings around the thran.

The shieldwall breaks their formation to pursue the invaders and hunt down the small groups that threaten the thran.

Last edited by GM on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:44 am

As the Daas line breaks formation to pursue the attackers pillaging the thran, Algared looks back at the Thranall (are the gates still open and are there any archers in the tower?) If the gates are still open, and there are no defenders Algared will say to Sigrun and Eijrik,

"Sigrun you are not a shieldmaiden and I cannot ask you to follow us to this fight to this fight.

If there were foes in the woods planning to seize the Thranall while we are busy in the thran it is important that the gates be closed to them.” Algared peers to the east before and if there is still no sign of attackers coming up from the east will return his gaze to the Eirjirk and continue.

“Eirjirk, Your skills as a healer will be needed soon more than your skill at arms I feel, if you assist Sigrun and ensure the gates are shut to any attackers from the east that would ease my mind.”

To the rest of the band he says “I am torn between protecting against a possible assault and one I can plainly see. I intend to engage the foe”, he points to the enemy in the thran below. “If you stay here guard the gates, if not follow me”, and with that Algared with that he will give his Staff sling to Sigrun asking her to care for it or drop it to gather up later, and then lead the band once more to the thran and the enemy. "Protect the warehouse and the stores or try stop their retreat back to their boats, what shall be eh?" Algared says as they advance.

Post by GM The thranaal gates are indeed closed and without being certain there is usually a detachment kept within the thranaal walls to protect the thranaal and it's occupants. They are also there to open the gates to allow Daas warriors to fallback inside the thran should the need arise
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 am

Bjarni is surprised. He thought this was going to be a stand up fight, not a brawl amongst the houses of the thran.

He looks to the east, thinking on Algared's warning of possible assault from that direction. He shrugs, hefts his spear and tightens his grip on his shield. Following Algared and any who are with him he lumbers for the foe.

When he gets close enough he will pick on out and try to heave his spear through him. Then he will draw his battle haakapik and charge.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Barak is appalled by the sudden demise of the Daas line. If the Dagen is planning a two phase attack then the battle for Ygresdram is already lost. Barak takes his spear back from Bjarni with a "Thank you".

"I can see why you want to protect the warehouse, Algared, but I look to see how many of his customers will rush to his aid. Personally, I will defend Jabor's." Barak trots off towards the meadhall, which coincidently is a route to warehouse.

If he passes Cunate he will call over as he passes: "Have you considered an attack by land from the East?" before continuing towards the raiders.

If he reaches the meadhall before the raiders then he will recover some of his gear. If not he will join the fight to repulse the raiders.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:08 pm

"My suggestion to protect the warehouse has nothing to do with profits and more to do with feeding the thran Cousin, and if you think otherwise Cousin you do not know me… but that is where the baulk of stores are at present. If we lose the supplies we are all in for a harder time of it." Stung by what he feels an insult by his cousin Algared watches as ABarak heads off.

“lets save what me can my friends. I propose we try to reach the beach and the boats. Let’s form a line and advance, Algared hefts his spear and adjusts his shield.

"Sigrun, it seems seems the gates are closed and while I'd advise against joining us in the fight we may need your piloting skills should we manage to take a warboat or save the Farvie, if you join us stay behind the line. Borryg, I know you are skilled with your bow and handy with your club, you would serve us in the second line helping to guard Sigrun should she join us and give cover fire or engaging in melee depending on need and opportunity. Eirjirk can you assist Borryg, and by being in the second second rank you will be in a better position to employ your skills as a healer should any of us fall.

Brydis Meldun and Bjorn If you would like to join Bjarni and a small line we can advance and take the fight to the foe." Looking at the direction Barak heads and stung by his words, Algared then continues down the hill towards the beach and the ememy once more.

(Algared will try seek to move back down to the beach in much the same direction the retreated initally, as they were on the eastern flank to traverse across the fields behind fellow clansmen would mean they would be behind the main body.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Watching the formed ranks break into smaller groups to defend and Thran, and hearing Barak calling out do defend the mead hall, Meldun signals for Bryndis and Bjorn to follow Barak. Bryndis and Meldun will continue to offer as much cover to Bjorn as possible while they try to reach the Jabors first to mount a successful defense. If they are able to reach the hall before the invaders, and if there's time, Meldun will attempt to get inside and grab his valuables, incase they must make a hasty, yet tactical, retreat.
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:28 pm

"I'll join you in the rear as backup and ready if anyone is in need of my primary skills." Eijryk says looking at Algared. "I see that both you and I are already in need of some minor care, but hopefully it shouldn't but too bad and I'm afraid people will get much more seriously hurt down there" he points down at the thran.

Eijryk moves down with Algared and the group advancing towards the warehouse but will keep behind the frontline (if there is any). He will look out for injured Daas soldiers and if they are out of danger, in shelter and not completely beyond hope to save he will do what he can to treat them.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Borygg listens as Algared directs the group to head toward the docks, then watches as Meldun, Bryndis, and Bjorn follow Barak toward the meadhall. He shrugs his shoulders, checks his equipment, then hefts his shield and falls in with the group following Algared.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Bjarni is torn, the meadhall or his ship-oath to follow the Captain?

"Ahh, save some of that ale for me boys," he calls to those headign to Jabor's, but he trots with Algared toward the enemy.

"Algared, did the Daas order this pell mell advance?"

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:16 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni is torn, the meadhall or his ship-oath to follow the Captain?

"Ahh, save some of that ale for me boys," he calls to those headign to Jabor's, but he trots with Algared toward the enemy.

"Algared, did the Daas order this pell mell advance?"

"I cannot say that I noticed a command to advance, my friend. But I'll wager, judging from the smoke that started to rise down there," Algared points to the shipyards, "this raid has one task to reduce our supplies. The attackers will retreat into their boats once once they have finished.. and he..." Algared points after Barak and the retreating newcomers, "worries about his coin in the the meadhall at the back of the all the Daas who have moved forward rather than helping to save the thran's buildings and supplies. The priest disappoints me as well, leading his friends away to the saftey of the meadhall, and yet proclaiming his desire to fight when we were below not so long ago." Algared sighs deeply, as they move down to aid in the defence of the thran. "I will not senselessly throw our lives away, but I must assist my Valhaker and kin in defending the thran and protecting the supplies. They will surely need what aid we can offer."

Algared will look to his cousin Cunate Daas, (does he also advance?) and then continues to approach the shipwright's buildings in support of the other Daasmen.

Last edited by Algared on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gramatical errors/typos and spelling corrected (hopefully I got them all))
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 am

Bryndis is shocked when Barak heads towards the meadhall, and then shakes her head in sadness when Meldun follows. She looks torn between staying with the warband or following Meldun; but knowing that Meldun is as likely to get himself into trouble as anyone, she mutters an expletive and regretfully follows.

I’ll have to talk to Meldun about this, as I’m sure he doesn’t realize the grave faux pas he’s just committed,”Bryndis thinks to herself. “Assuming we survive this, I’ll have to re-educate him on proper command structure.” Glancing back at Algared and the warband, “this is really not the best way to make an example of our skill. Hopefully their numbers are still sufficient to be effective”, and then looking to Barak ahead “and hopefully our numbers are sufficient as well. I would much prefer the safety of numbers.

As she follows Meldun and Barak to the meadhall, she'll use her shield to offer protection to anyone who needs it [assuming the archers are still firing]. She'll scan the water for the third boat...
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:46 am

Since Barak and co have got to the meadhall before the Ibanvaalers (if that is who they are), Barak will head inside (probably with Meldun) to pick up a sack, before heading for the nearest attackers, no doubt at Kelsi's. Mind you Barak has no more love of Kelsi than Skorri, but Kelsi is dead now...
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:03 pm

The Ibanvaal attackers spread out from the beach like a ripple in a pond. Fanning out they are quickly met by the Daas warriors on the right flank, the centre clashes heavily with Cunate Daas in the thick of the fighting surrounded by a few of his huscarls, Thorin Ulfhednar amongst them. The left flank seems slower to respond allowing the Ibanvaalers to quickly wash past the bonding house, a small group seem to be struggling to gain entry of the building.

With the pall of smoke near the beach growing in intensity it becomes apparent that more than just a few buildings are alight. As the Daas line moves forward there is a reserve left behind under the command of Thaldirs Daas, the reserve consists of about 30 warriors or so.

The fight quickly breaks down into a swirling mass of little skirmishs around the thran, it makes telling friend from foe difficult as warriors dance around each other searching for any advantage.

Barak and his group head towards the left flank to protect the meadhall. Crossing the line you can see many prominant members of the thran in the thick of the fighting including Jabor and Jorri Daas, Bjarri Orbaason is also seen fighting alongside Cunate Daas. (Your position on the map indicates you position at the time of this posting)

Algared and his group head north towards the advancing invaders, Bjarni lumbering forward uses his forward momentum to hurl his spear some 100 yards into the melee, the projectile traces an arc through the sky, his target unaware of this attack is struck in the chest, the man barely has time to clutch his wound before he falls to the ground not moving. Bjarni follows up the spear by drawing his haakapik and continuing towards the enemy warriors. Dropping his shoulder Bjarni charges the nearest of his enemy again catching him unaware as he battles another warrior Bjarni pummels into the enemy warrior, the man stumbles for several steps before falling to the ground, Bjarni follows up with a strike from his haakapik at the fallen warrior, his haakapik falling upon the mans belly. The weapon bites deeply into the man and his eyes close as he body falls limp.

Bjarni now stands in a midst of swirling combatants not knowing friend from foe...

Borygg fast closes with a skirmish between a Daas man and two enemy warriors, Borygg attempts to even the odds as he attempts to barge his opponent but the Ibanvaaler catches sight of Borygg approaching in time for him to prepare himself against the charge but Borygg is committed and the two shields clash heavily, but both men remain standing. Boryggs opponent clad in a mail brynie, has a shield in his left hand and an axe in the other, a plate helm sits upon his head. A full beard flows from under the helm.

Algared spies an Ibavaaler approaching a Daas man already engaged by another Ibanvaaler and manages to position himself to oppose the unseen threat to his unaware ally. The two men circle each other warily. Algared eyes off his opponent he wears furs of varios animals and carries a shield and spear, a plate helm sits atop his head a red beard braided on each side flows from under his helmet.

Eijryk remains to the rear of the others keeping an eye on their flanks. Sigrun yells above the din of the fight "I'm going to get up there so we can see. Try to relay information if you can." turning she heads off at the run.

Will edit this post when I hear from Bjorn

Last edited by GM on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Algared tries to ensure the trio Bjarni, Borryg and himself stay relatively together for mutual support. While they endeavour to assist the Daas warriors near them. As the melee becomes a swirling mass, where friend and foe become intermingled Algared wishes that Kugald was with.

[ooc modified the post as the original, in which I tried to keep the band together, I started before neil posted his last entry. Neil's entry detailing the first clash and the ensuing mess of Battle made the baulk of the post redudant]

Last edited by Algared on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next