From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 Nuzyael 720

3 posters

Go down

19 Nuzyael 720 Empty 19 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:46 am

The night is spent in fitful sleep, the days exertions call the body and mind to rest but the weather and the conditions prevent rest from coming and so the night is spent in fits of dozing and sleep when you are able to find a position of comfort.

It would appear that everyone is feeling the same as soon as the first rays of light appear most of the warriors begin to pack up their blanket and prepare something to eat. Those that have managed to find slumber in their under these conditions are soon awoken by the mornings activities around them.

With no fires to extinguish or hot meals to prepare, soon the warband is under way continuing eastward.

The morning is again cold and windy with clouds hiding much of the sky from view.

The route is much as it was the day before as this goat trail meanders through the mountains, you seem to have walked several hunderd yards and climbed tens of feet to be able to look back and see that you have only travelled about 30' forward.

There warband rests when it can as the journey is hard work on aching backs and weary legs.

By early afternoon the warband have ceased their climb and for a short while appear to traverse the spine of the mountain range and begin their descent down the other side.

By the afternoon the warband have caught sight of a stream running down the mountain and for the most part have been able to parallel the streams path.

The route is a little less difficult to traverse but the trip down is harder on the body with legs jarring under the weight of each warrior with the extra weight each carries.

By late afternoon darkness is approaching earlier now with the mountains now blocking the fading sun and this side of the mountains falling into darkness earlier.

Camp is made along the track still but access is available to the stream so waterskins can be filled but there will still be no fires or comfort tonight. With your current position in the mountains you find that you are in the lee of the wind so it's effects are not as chilling on each of you tonight.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

19 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 19 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:58 am

Kugald settles in for the evening. He takes out his food. "Algared, I noticed you didn't eat last night. You must eat. The hard work of climbing over the mountains demands energy." He offers him a tasty sausage. "Eat!"

After he finishes a cold dinner, he bundles himself up in his blanket and cloak and is soon snoring loudly.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:42 am

As camp is made Algared finds a place to rest and is sorting through his rations for some cheese, fruits and meat, although hungry after his fast he is endeavouring to ensure he doesn't take a double serve when Kulgald approaches him.

Kugald wrote:"Algared, I noticed you didn't eat last night. You must eat. The hard work of climbing over the mountains demands energy." He offers him a tasty sausage. "Eat!"

'I have every intention of eating tonight, I was just selecting what I should eat. I am sorry cousin, my fasting seems to have slowed us up, Sarajin willing will will make a better headway tomorrow." Algared talks a little to the others of the band as he eats his cold meal, which after the rigours of the day and lack of food Algared finds tastes like a banquet. Having finished his meal Algared finds a place to rest and is soon fast a sleep.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down