From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Saraju 720TR

+4
Algared
Sigrun Surenaal
Bjarni Daasen
GM
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4 Saraju 720TR - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared Tue May 24, 2011 2:14 am

"A warboat? Surely you are a man of wealth, and with the slipway burnt wouldn't that make building a warboat a little difficult?" Algared asks then adds, "Sigrun, why do you feel it is so important to begin construction on a build a boat and a warboat at at that?"

As Algared turns to head towards the Thranall with Sigrun and Bjarni, he adds "The Daas is likely the better to seek permission from especially as any construction will likely require his financial backing. Clan Nildron while they will be seeking to continue their rights as shipwright they did loose their Valhaker and master shipwright."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 am

"Algared - you see two burnt warboats. Sigrun and I see another ship waiting to be reborn. That one there is only missing it's top strakes, some ribbing and a mast footing that we can replace with a bit of sweat. Not all the timber left to season was burnt. Nails and tool heads are still in the ashes but we can replace wooden handles."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Algared - you see two burnt warboats. Sigrun and I see another ship waiting to be reborn. That one there is only missing it's top strakes, some ribbing and a mast footing that we can replace with a bit of sweat. Not all the timber left to season was burnt. Nails and tool heads are still in the ashes but we can replace wooden handles."

"I see the timbers that were too wet or large to be stripped off to be used in the funerals, but I'll acknowledge you both have shown knowledge and ability in maintaining and repairing vessels. I'm sure you skill will be put to the test without a slipway but you may find yourself a new trade and employment if your skill proves true and you can indeed raise a vessel from the ashes of those that lie here."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 am

Algared wrote:
Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Algared - you see two burnt warboats. Sigrun and I see another ship waiting to be reborn. That one there is only missing it's top strakes, some ribbing and a mast footing that we can replace with a bit of sweat. Not all the timber left to season was burnt. Nails and tool heads are still in the ashes but we can replace wooden handles."

"I see the timbers that were too wet or large to be stripped off to be used in the funerals, but I'll acknowledge you both have shown knowledge and ability in maintaining and repairing vessels. I'm sure you skill will be put to the test without a slipway but you may find yourself a new trade and employment if your skill proves true and you can indeed raise a vessel from the ashes of those that lie here."

[OoC question to GM - if the warboats were stripped for wood for the funerals then we will know if there is not enough left to affect repairs and get at least one vessel seaworthy. If that is impossible Sigrun and Bjarni will see if there is enough timber left unburnt to build a completely new vessel - a small vessel like the Farvie. if that is a waste of time, then I fear Sigrun will go crazy]

Post by GM The most damaged of the warboats lays half submerged on the sandy beach near the docks, there may be enough of the warboat to commence repairs on the vessel. The boat is about 75% damaged from fire, neglect and other assorted damage. The other has been dragged from the water and broken up and used as firewood for the funeral pyres. From your experience it is not whether the items needed to repair the vessel are available but how you intend to obtain them - you are not just going to be able to start repairing a boat using tools and equipment that do not belong to you nor without purchasing the necessary supplies needed to effect the repairs of this vessel
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:Bryndis will thank the lady for her hospitality and make her goodbyes (I hope she got the ladies name in the conversation... as she would have given hers...). She'll wander off, trying to spy Borrygg without making way directly towards him.

When she does finally make her way to him, she'll let him know that she wasn't able to garner the name of the occupant, and ask what he suggests next.
Borygg motions for Bryndis to follow up the road a bit, where he can still keep an eye on the clanhouse.
"Well, I don't know what to do next. We followed this guy here but don't know who this is that he is visiting. While I could try to sneak up and listen at a window or something, it's broad daylight and I'd easily be seen. So, maybe we should start back toward Ygesdram and find a good place to ambush him on his return, then beat the story out of him. Other than that, I don't really have any ideas. Or you could use your womanly wiles to get him into the alehouse here then try to get him drunk and see if he spills any secrets."

Post by GM Bryn informs you that there is no alehouse about the thran
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 am

Having picked up the oatcakes, Barak arrives at Roldin's. After admiring his hives he greats the Beekeeper "It's a good day, well at least it has stayed dry" etc "I am here in search of some of that sunshine. Would you, by chance, have a small amount of honey and beeswax for sale?"

Post by GM "Well met Barak the hunter" Roldin offers in the way of greeting as Barak approaches. "How much were you after?" Roldin enquires.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue May 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Roldin wrote: "Well met Barak the hunter" Roldin offers in the way of greeting as Barak approaches. "How much were you after?"
"As you know I don't buy these items often, normally Jabor has whatever I need. But he is struggling with meeting demand for his wares so I am here on my own behalf. Forgive my ignorance of quantities but I would have thought a pound of honey or honeycomb will suffice. In terms of the wax, I want a small piece to be able to wax my bow etc, probably a couple of ounces. I don't have a lot of coin I am afraid, I gave most of my cash to my Ma after hearing of my step-Da's injury. How is your business doing?".

Post by GM Roldin nods his head "Aye, times are indeed difficult for everyone, I bet Jabor will feel the pinch with his meadhall closed." Roldin offers you two small clay pots, the first holds about 1/2 pint of honey while the second smaller pot holds a 1/2lb of beeswax "Here you go" says Roldin waving his hand as you offer him some coin "you owe me" he says with a slight smile

Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Tue May 24, 2011 6:20 pm

"If the Daas won't at least let us try, then there is no more use for me here. You don't need a pilot if you haven't got a boat."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am

"Well I can't recall a boat ever being built here, the shipwrights mainly repaired and serviced the fishing fleet. The expense and materials are more than we can afford so we'd need a finacial backer.. It is possible we could secure that backing. But the slipway is owned by Clan Nildrom and we can't just choose to use Cunate's beach without his leave. Now the the question is do you two believe you have the skill to build a boat? If so it may well be worthwhile as it will help focus and give restore custom and give a new sense of purpose various trades. As well as showing that Cunate can also build boats of great expense and give the local clans confidence- although whether we can afford to carry out such a project is yet to be seen.'

When at the great hall Algared seeks an audience with Sigrun and Bjarni and together with them presents the case for allowing efforts to repair or as Algared sees it rebuild the warboat stating among other reasons those he has just outlined to Sigrun and Bjarni. if audience is granted Algared will introduce but allow Sigrun and bjarni the opportunity to speak and explain their plan.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 am

"Lets see what Cunate has to say. I think he will say no. And in that case it would be easier to go upstream and steal one of the enemies boats. We have had endless talk of it. Sigrun - I am not interested in rights and who has the ownership of a pile of ashes. I think the two of us should just go and take a ship, perhaps with the aid of a few likely lads - Barak, Bjorn and Bryn would be in, I am sure. Of course, how we get it past Algared's pet I have no idea. What say you?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch

Algared, Bjarni and Sigrun head towards the thranaal, passing through the gatehouse your group is greeted by the two guards standing their watch near the open gates. As usual inside the thranaal is bustling with activity as men and women go about their days activities, the banging of metal on metal can be heard coming from the weaponcrafters, while the sounds of animals carries throughout the thranaal.

Dodging several geese you make you way to the greathall where you are greeted by Madrin. After exchaning greetings you tell Madrin that you are hear to see the Daas, Madrin nods his head in understanding and offers to find out if the Daas will see you. Madrin returns a while later stating that the Daas cannot see you today, however, he has arranged for you to see the Daas tomorrow morning. If you care to state your business with the Daas, Madrin will ensure that the Daas hears of it, so that he may better be prepared to hear you tomorrow.

While Borygg and Bryn discuss their options the door to the clanhouse they are watching opens and the longshoreman they have been following emerges and heads back behind the clanhouse, he now carries a cloth bag over his right shoulder which hangs upon his left hip, he also carries a spade in his right hand as he breifly disappears behind the clanhouse, reappearing once again about 100 yards in the distance heading out to the south east following a small dirt path between two fields.

Eijryk has been occupying his day with visits to the wounded men about the nearby thrans and has not been seen all morning. While Meldun and Bjorn remain inside the meadhall chatting with each other.

Barak has concluded his business with Roldin and returns to the thran to find everyone absent on other business. He decides to enter the meadhall and finds Meldun and Bjorn in conversation with each other, a tankard of ale in their hands.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed May 25, 2011 5:35 am

GM wrote:Time: Beginning 4th watch

While Borygg and Bryn discuss their options the door to the clanhouse they are watching opens and the longshoreman they have been following emerges and heads back behind the clanhouse, he now carries a cloth bag over his right shoulder which hangs upon his left hip, he also carries a spade in his right hand as he breifly disappears behind the clanhouse, reappearing once again about 100 yards in the distance heading out to the south east following a small dirt path between two fields.
Borygg looks at Bryndis then says, "I guess we should follow him, no?" Assuming there are no objections, Borygg will head off after the longshoreman. Since I am guessing the guy is out of sight, Borygg will be looking for signs that he may have turned off somewhere.

Post by GM Although the man has a good lead on you, you are able to keep him in sight. Trying to follow discretely you lose sight on him on several occassions deeming this better than tipping your hand that you are following him. Both of you follow the man along the path for several kilometres, when the man stops between two run down fences and taking up a position of vantage you watch him as he takes a break from his journey before taking a drink from a clay jug. He then turns his attentions to one of the nearby fences, removing a hammer from his satchel and a handful of nails he spends the better part of afternoon repairing the surrounding fence.

The fields about lie fallow at this time, the ground lies empty and bare except for the few weeds that grow about and judging by the amount of dung it has not been to long ago that livestock were allowed to roam these fields, you are not able to see anyone else about and the countryside would be silent except for the sounds of the nearby insects as they chirp and buzz about and the birds calling from nearby trees and the occassional exhertions from the longshoreman as he goes about the task of repairing a fence, the sky is partly cloudy with a light wind blowing in from the north east. There appears to be no one else about all afternoon as the longshoreman struggles with fence railings as he cuts back weeds and re attaches fence railings.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed May 25, 2011 5:56 am

Algared gives Madrin an outline of the plan to repair the warboat. Once their business with the greathall is completed, and the trio leave. Algared says, 'Apart from the Daas permission it will be wise to seek Clan Nildron's advice and assitance as well. If this grand project is granted permission, we do not have the tools that would be required, Second, none of us are shipwrights or even apprentices, even though you have shown you have skill at repairing a vessel and feel this is within your skill." Algared ponders for a moment then looks at Sigrun saying. "It would be as though I claimed to be a pilot and sought the same priveldges you have within your guild." Algared then adds, 'I do not desire top become more unpopular because we breach guild rights or the rights of clan, especially as you were both offered the hospitality of Clan Nildrom before their Valhaker was killed in the raid. To even seek to advance such a project whilst they sort out who will be the next shipwright here and who their Valhaker could appear that we were seekeing to usurp their priveldges and rights."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 7:59 am

"Algared - all this talk of guilds and shipwrights is making me thirsty. No offence to Clan Nildrom, but if what I saw before the Ilbanvaal raid was anything to go by then if any of them could build a raft I would be surprised."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 am

'Lets head to the meadhall, I'm interested to see if Borryg has any news." As they decend the hill from the thranall, Algared continues. "As to the skill of Clan Nildrom.. well maybe you do have more skill though I'd not want to wagwer on it and despite what skills you have you are Not known as Bjarni the shipwright.. but as Bjarni the whaler, so I would advise against saying that tomorrow when we see the Daas, we will need more than tools and materials. I am not trying to make you feel insulted my friend but I am hoping that we also do not offer insult to others or an entire clan whether great or small... I am thinking if the project is allowed it would be best to work with or even under clan Nildrom..." Algared chuckles and slaps Bjarni on the back, "Now, if i am ever valhaker of a thran, I'll gladly grant you the rights to build mighty warboats, but at present we are but small fish with little real wealth.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 am

"Yes, and the longer we stay here the poorer we get. Talking of getting poorer by the day, what happened to those sell-swords from Harn?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed May 25, 2011 11:17 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Yes, and the longer we stay here the poorer we get. Talking of getting poorer by the day, what happened to those sell-swords from Harn?"

"How are you getting poorer, you have recieved coin and your food drink and shelter have been provided by the Daas hospitality. Granted we are not making coin hand over fist, but you are certainly not loosing coin."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 pm

"Yes but I am not making any either. Your house and all your pocessions other than what you wore on the day of the battle are not ash. You might be happy pondering the ethereal spook but I need a bride-price and have little more than ten months to find it."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 pm

"And how much is that bride price?" enquires Barak
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

"A lot. I suspect that if we survive this war I might be asking you to help me with a woman stealing"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

"I don't think that there is a lot of coin to make from this war. So we had better start planning for that raid." Barak laughs "At least you know how much you need. Perhaps I will buy your wife; and you can steal me mine."

"So what were you arguing about all this time, when you could have been drinking?"

Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed May 25, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"I don't think that there is alot of coin to make from this war. So we had better start planning for that raid." Barak laughs "At least you know how much you need. Perhaps I will buy your wife; and you can steal me mine."

"So what were you arguing about all this time, when you could have been drinking?"

Meldun nods toward his friends as they approach in the meadhall. "Did I hear someone call for a drink?!" he calls out, then signals for a new round to be brought over to the table.

"Bjarni, are you back to going on about brideprice? There's nothing here to be gained if we sit and wait for the Dagen's men to come to us! We need to strike at them in their camp's in order to find their valuables"
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 pm

"Sigrun and I want to at least try to build a useable boat. Looking at the state of the wrecks I think we may have to build a boat from scratch. Anyway, Cunate will see us tomorrow. Algared has mentioned guild and clan privilege. Frankly, Cunate wont have a clan to worry about if this war goes badly. Meldun, you are right. Which is why I am going to try to convince the Daas to let us raid the enemy. I could use your help."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Wed May 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Meldun's eyes sparkle as Bjarni talks, "That's the use of words I've heard all day, Sperm Whale."
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 am

Algared looks on to the renewed discussion his face showing disbelief at what he hears, "So you have been hear about a month Bjarni, you have recieved your lodgings, food drink at least 20 coin to help fill your pouch and you have a mail vest, and yet you claim you are loosing wealth I still dont see it. Now you want to get the daas to part with more of the wealth needed to reconstruct the wrecks, and while you are at it alienate one of his vassal clans who are the shipwrights. How long do you imagine building a warboat will take even if allowed to proceed... and now you want to run off on a raid, before you have even started repairs. seems you have already decided that the repairs are not an option. As fr raiding, you are still carrying a wound as is Meldun and Bryndis... and you would be carrying more if not for my ability to contemplate the ethereal. I do not say your idea to repair the boat is not worthwhile but unless you want to make enemies rather than friends we need to proceed in the correct manner. or dont you follow social conventions and clan or guild rights on the Island you are from.

Now, I would like to raid this Dagan Dog as well and relieve him of hs wealth or aquire a nice Nivik or warboat from him that is in a good state of repair. And as for personal wealth I think you'll find both Barak, Borryg and myself have little more actual personal wealth than. If you want to raid our enemies it would do us better to have leave and head off in search for them. But You cannot both go raiding and repair a boat.. " Having said his piece Algared turns, leaving the leadhall and says "Drink some of the mead that YOU are not required to part coin for, since you enjopy the Daas hospitality."

Algared initally heading towards the river before heading to the warehouse to see if their any tasks or books he can check.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next