From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meadhall Morning 21st Sarju

3 posters

Go down

Meadhall Morning 21st Sarju Empty Meadhall Morning 21st Sarju

Post  Algared Tue May 01, 2012 6:41 am

In a quiter voice Algared says to his companions, "I will be admitted to see the Daas privately later when time permits, at which point I will seek to express your concerns, and maybe see if I can secure a task for us that doesnt involve marching and fighting, Though it is the fighting, that though dangerous, does offer the best opportunity for finding gold as oppossed to trading or hunting or sifting through shipwrecks or ruins. Who knows maybe the Daas will have a task that will suite a desire for "adventure". It occurred to me that one of our past companions went missing when the Daas retreated from Froyby. Though I'm not sure what any of you mean by "adventure".

As for Thaldir's not being seen around, I am informed he is fine and likely to outlive us all. While Madrin is apparently away on business.

No doubt you noticed the Meadhall appeared empty last light on our return, and that was not only caused by the refugees of Abderhiem leaving but also because Erling Storzar and his host have moved and are camping around Tarnbro. Which I believe is where the vessels and fishermen currently dock and thus where most of the vessels are."

As an aside to Svardkell, Algared adds, "We'll need to go there to find out if his scribes were able to translate the Raven's texts." Then speaking to the group once more says, likely any vessels we may be able to aqcuire, crew or if you desire seek passage on will likely be there as well."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Meadhall Morning 21st Sarju Empty Re: Meadhall Morning 21st Sarju

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 am

"Does Storzar have a host left? I guess we wait until you have your private audience."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Does Storzar have a host left? I guess we wait until you have your private audience."

"I cannot tell you how many are in the Storzar's host. Nor do I know the reasons for the move above the obvious impact of it not being so crowded here. No doubt had we returned along the coast road and via Tarnbro we would know the answers to those questions ourselves.

Though Tarnbro is were the fishing boats and vessels arriving pull in and it is likely there that any vessels for sale, needing crew or taking passage are."

Last edited by Algared on Wed May 02, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 am

Depending when this conversation happens, Barak will or will not chip in...

"Sounds like Tarnbro is the place to be. I guess the Storzar has decided that either Ygresdram is not threatened with attack, or that it is not defensible. I doubt there would be enough time for Storzar's host to march from Tarnbro to here if Ygresdram was attacked by the Dagen."

Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 am

"It would be interesting to see what teh Storzar intends to do. He has even more reason to strike out for foreign lands than does Cunate."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm

"Bjarni, Do you remember which clan in Orbaal owes tribute to the Storzars and what their holding is?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed May 02, 2012 9:58 pm

"Hmmmm. That would be the Storzand who kings it at the mouth of Vaagesfjord. Pled it is called. My home thran is also on the same fjord, but further up."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 am

Looking up from his own cleaning Algared says, "And who do they pay tribute to, or more precisely who do you think would come to their aid if for example the Storzar went to Orbaal to collect the tribute that was owed?" Algared pauses briefly before continuing. Barak's questions and Bjarni's answer helping him to recall that Kugald's father and brother had left to go a Viking some time ago and not returned, and then asks. "Bjarni did you ever hear of or met any Daas in Orbaal?" Algared explains the reason for his questioning and adds the names of his missing relatives; he knows Kugald and his mother and sisters would welcome any word if there was any.

[OOC: Unfortunately as a player I cannot recall the names, though I doubt Algared would have that problem.]
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 am

"No, I don't remember meeting any Daas in Orbaal. As to whom the Storzand pay tribute - I guess it is to the King in Geldeheim. Whether he gets any or not..well...you know how it goes. Not everyone is as keen on rendering their tribute as others are."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 pm

"Interesting... if Daasen and Pled are on the same fjord then is the Daas and Storzar were to leave Daaslund, that is where they'd go, I would guess. I guess it is just wishful thinking, that they might go there. In someways I hope they don't. If they do they will take the war with them."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down