From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

6 Nuzyael 720 Empty 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 am

Hovik is first to awake with the first rays of sunlight trying to find it's way through the cloud filled sky in the eastern sky. Raising his head he looks about and finds the thran quiet and still, the ground is covered by a light fall of snow.

The morning is cold with a steady wind blowing in from north, Hovik is surprised at the comfortable sleep he got despite the conditions.

Soon the first signs of life begin around the thran, smoke filters from the clanhouses as cooking fires are fed, sound can be heard coming from within the buildings and soon people are seen fetching water and fire wood around the thran.

It is not long before the other members of the warband are up and about and regretting the night they had, heads are a little heavier, sounds are alot lounder, mouths are a bit drier and coins purses are almost empty after last nights adventure.

The morning is cold, with a steady wind blowing in from the north, a light snow is falling and the grey ominous clouds completely concealing the morning sky.

Let me know what you are upto until mid morning.....
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

6 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:20 am

Kugald wakes up with the dawn. He stretches and crawls out of bed. He plunges his head into a bucket of water and shakes his head. He feels remarkably good considering the long night of drinking. His mother passes him a bowl of oatmeal and a couple of sausages. He downs them with some small beer.

As soon as he has finished his breakfast, Kugald dresses himself and heads to the forge.

Kugald makes his way into Jorri's forge. Jorri takes one look at him and knows that he has been drinking the night before. He pulls out his "cure", a mug of beer to start the day. Within a half an hour, Kugald is working on the rings and rivets for the other side of the mail byrnie.

His head rings nicely in time with the small hammer he uses to drive home the rivets.

The morning gets "better" as the other journeymen and apprentices arrive and start to work.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 am

Hovik leaves his gear in a niche among the lumber, stuffs one loaf of bread under his cloak, and takes a walk. The exercise warms him up, and eventually the loaf thaws well enough to serve as breakfast.

Dawn clears a mind more surely than any aromatic vapor, and just as the new-fallen snow seems to cleanse the landscape the new morning erases petty hurts from the mind. Hovik waits until he is sure Hervold has had his breakfast, then he approaches his home and workshop. Words of sincere apology are rehearsed. "Hervold, I was wrong to get angry, and wrong not to give you the respect you are due."

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Hovik enters Hervold's clanhouse on invitation from Hervold's first wife.

Hervold does not look impressed with the arrival of Hovik. But Hervold listens to the young thrall speak and then says "It is good you have come to your senses, remember a man can carry no better load than to much good sense and no worse than to much drink." Hervold gives Hovik a smile. (Loyalty 64% roll 14 MS)

Then his face becomes more stern as he leads Hovik towards the back room where the wounded Ibanvaal are being kept "it is good you are here, this Ibanvaal with the wound to his face" here look Hervold raises the dressing and you note that the wound site has become red with the signs of infection.

Hervold also tells you about the wounded sailor with the infected arm wound "his infection is much worse and I fear the Grey Slayer may soon take him too!"

Hervold informs you that the others are coming along well but it is still early days for some of them as they may have more than a month of recuperation still.

Last edited by GM on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Kugald spends the morning making alterations to his mail byrnie. As the hours tick by the clanging of the hammer against the anvil does not ache to much.

Jorri watches the young journeyman work for some time the approaches him "Good job, Kugald, keep that up and you will have yourself a fine byrnie" (Weaponsmith 49 MS)

Last edited by GM on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Neirin awakens on his pallet in the corner of the Grebel longhouse, not entirely sure how the got there. His heavy head reminds him of the night before, and Kugald's drinking game which he had reluctantly participated in. "Hopefully my duties in the clan will not include many evening like that", he mutters as he finds a place at the table and is offered some food. The huntsman does not yet tell the clan of the invitation to join clan Daas, preferring to wait until Kelsi returns.

After cleaning up a bit, Neirin walks across to the house of Hervold the healer, where he asks to speak to Hovik if he is not overly busy tending the wounded.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 am

Hovik seems pleased to see Neirin. "Of course I have time to talk. I know you won't mind me mixing a poultice while we chat."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 am

Neirin sits with Hovik while the healer blends his concoction. "My friend. I see how my joining Clan Daas has disturbed you. Believe me, I am just as distressed, especially after the drinking last night." <burp> "But I still think my decision is the right one. After hearing the prisoners we captured talk of butchering my kin, I realized that not all of you 'invaders' are alike. My clan has called you that word for as long as I can remember, but I see now that these lands are becoming as much yours as they are ours. The Daas have always treated us fairly, traded with us, and now I have been welcomed here among them. Knowing that there are others who would kill us all convinces me that our clans must learn to live together in peace. Perhaps I can help this to be achieved by doing what I have done today."

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:39 am

Algared awakens in the morning and feeling bleary eyed and a little headsore he rises, washes in cold water, before breaking his fast. Having eaten Algared slips away wearing his normal day clothes and cloak, he carries his water skin and seeks a quiet place in the cool morning sun. Sitting in the sun and squinting against the glare that seems a little brighter than normal as it reflects from the covering of snow he watches the thran's children as they run around throwing snow balls at one another or suddely slip upon thin layer of snow.

It is at this point he contemplates several possible spells he could research, an etheral snow ball... or yet an etheral ice ball or even a shower of ice spears which could be sent hurtling towards an enemy. He considers the possible stopping power such a spell could have and wonders would the fatigue of casting make such a spell worthwhile, but then isn't that similar in effect to Dhivu's breath obviously he'll have to conduct some tests and research. Algared also considers the diffculty he'd have creating a sheet of etheral ice upon the ground. Certainly an ice floor suddenly appearing before a charging foe would cause them to stumble and fall.

Algared closes his eyes and leans back and tries to clear his thoughts so he can mediate upon relationship of Odivshe magic and the world of Ketheria. If successful he will mediate for a couple of hours before seeking to cast Chalsea's sponge.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 am

Neirin wrote:Perhaps I can help this to be achieved by doing what I have done today."

Hovik chuckles. "Well, when I said that you make your own place in this world, you sure took it to heart! You have chosen quite a challenge. I know it won't always be easy - just putting up with Kugald would be more than I could handle."

And after a pause, "If you ever need to talk to someone who isn't Daas or Yarili or anything else, you know I'll be around."

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Jurri wakes, somewhat the worse, and spends some time composing a paean to hangovers as he cleans up and eats. He'll go sit by the runestone and practice for a while, reciting Magnir's Edda as he plays various instruments, trying to find the best combination.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:09 pm

A member of the Valhakar's household finds Kugald by his anvil making adjustments to his byrnie.

"Kugald, I have been sent by the Daas to fetch you and your companions. I have searched around the thran for them but I can find only you."
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Kugald spies a couple of Jorri's apprentices "lounging about". He turns to Jorri, "Master, with your permission, can I send the boys to summon my friends?"

If Jorri approves, Kugald sends off several apprentices, one to Skorri's house (bldg 11) to fetch Algared, one to Hervold's house (bldg 15) to fetch Hovik, and one to the Gebel house to fetch Jurri and Neirin (bldg 13). "If you find them there, tell them the Jarl has summonded us and ask them [edit] to meet me in front of the great hall as soon as they can. If they are not there, ask where they have gone and go look for them. If you can't find them, come tell me in front of the great hall."

Kugald puts away his tools and the byrnie.

"Thank you, Jorri, for the apprentices' help. I am heading to the huscarl barracks to find Thorin. If anyone else is looking for me, I will be waiting in front of the great hall."

He strides across the thran, keeping a lookout for his friends. Assuming he finds Thorin there, he wakes him up, "The Jarl wants to see us. By Sarajin's beard, you look awful...here, stick your head in this bucket of cold water. Grab something to eat and meet me in front of the hall as soon as you can."

Kugald goes out to the front of the great hall to await his friends.

TTYL

- Kerry

Last edited by Kugald Daas on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clairifying that Kugald is "asking", not "telling")
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Upon receiving the summons, Hovik turns to Neirin. "It seems your clansmen await." Hovik spends a moment with Hervold discussing the patients, then grabs his cloak and heads out with Neirin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:13 pm

"My clansmen?! hmmm .. yes." Neirin tags along with Hovik, feeling more urgency than before when summoned by the Daas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:33 am

Having meditated for a couple of hours and having successfully recast Chalsea's sponge (MS 26), Algared looks to the see how high the sun has risen. Notinng that the sun is still more than three fingers lower than the noon he stands stretches, drinks some water before sitting again. Taking a twig he begins scratching his thoughts into the soil as he prepares to spent a couple of hours researching the possible spells he had contemplated earlier.

He looks down upon the village from where he has been sitting on the cliffs over looking the Leim River, the smoke rises from his fathers house which is nearest him, and smiles at the children who run around the village being chased or chasing each other in some great adventure. He sees Skorri's first wife, the holder of the keys, directing the other women of the household as they fill the washtubs to do the laundry, and Algared is struck by the fact that should they loose the war this step mother, mother and even Kyli will be likely be taken by the Ibanvaal invaders as war brides or thralls. With those thoughts he begins his research on the feasibility of creaiting the ice floor spell since it seemed to him the easier of the fancy spells he had envisaged. If he is not disturbed he will study until the sun reaches its its height.

Last edited by Algared on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding cast roll for Chalsea's sponge andediting text to flow with the result.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:34 am

By the time Kugald has got Thorin up and on their way to the great hall they are greeted by Hovik and Neirin who have already found their way to the hall.

There is still no sign of Jurri or Algared.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 am

Jurri shouldn't be that hard to find. He's sitting in the open playing music and singing. One of the instruments is a drum, too.

If he gets word that he's been summoned, he'll promptly head to the hall. Otherwise, he's likely to continue until he gets hungry.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 am

There is a young apprentice looking for a skald, given all the places you have been and are likely to be the runestones is not the first place he is likely to look..... that is not to say that you are hard to find just that you have not been found yet.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:37 am

Outside the great hall, Kugald, Thorin, Hovik and Neirin wait. Kugald looks at the others, "Should we wait here and let the apprentices look for them, or should one or more of us go?"

"I think Algared is probably down by the river. That was where he always used to go to think when we were boys."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:54 am

pa rum pum pum pum
silent
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:24 am

"Kugald...please....stop yelling...and whats that awful beating sound....." Pah Rum Pah RUm Rum..... "My head is pounding....." Dunking his head in the offered bucket, Thorin seems freshly wet, if not refreshed.....

"Ugh...Ready.......I think."

Thorin smiles ruefully, remembering what he can of the previous nights events....which isnt much.
He then winks at Kugald and impatiently pats the hilt of his broadsword.
As they wait for the others, he remembers that he forgot to eat. "sigh"

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Kugald speaks softly, in deference to Thorin’s throbbing headache. “You know, I think Thorin’s right…I do hear a drumbeat coming from close by. Let’s stay together, that way we won’t have to regroup after we find Jurri and Algared. We can head down the hill and follow the drum sound to find Jurri. Then, we can check the river front to look for Algared.”

Assuming everyone agrees, the group heads out of the thran and down the hill to look for the two missing party members.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 am

Sometime before midday the warband has gathered, having wandered towards the sound of the drumming, Kugald, Neirin, Thorin and Hovik spy the young skald sitting near the runestones south east of the thran.

Kugald calls out to Jurri and through the din of his music his voice can still be heard. Soon Jurri has got together his belongings and joined the warband.

Heading north towards the market the warband veer towards the trees to the west, putting a little distance between each member they begin to search for Algared. Neirin is the first one spot him leaning against a tree resting appearing to be daydreaming.

A call to Algared soon brings him back to reality. It is not long before he too has gathered his belongings and joined the warband as they head back towards the great hall.

As the warband make their way back towards the thran the snow stops falling, the day remains cold and grey with the clouds obscuring the sky. It is not long before your warband arrives at the great hall.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 am

After finding Jurri and Algared, they head back to the great hall.

"Anyone know what this is about? Any suggestions before we enter?"

If no one has any ideas or suggestions, Kugald suggests they just head straight in.

When they enter, Kugald takes a look around to see who is present and gauge how formal a form of address he should use. Unsure of the situation, he settles on a formal tone, "Greetings my Jarl, as per your direction, I have gathered my friends and we come before you as commanded. What is it you wish of us?"

TTYL

- Kerry

OOC: I figured we should just cut right to the chase.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next