From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

4 Nuzyael 720 - Page 6 Empty Re: 4 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Kugald enjoys the feast immensely. He takes his full share of food and mead. Jurri's songs make him smile. The Daas' words make him proud. Strangely, at the high of this evening, he is brought low by the thought, 'I wish my father and brother were here to see my success.'

Kugald parties late into the night.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Neirin sits quietly in a corner watching the festivities. He had not wanted to come to the feast, prefering to spend the evening with Clan Grebel. The hunter knew, however, that not attending would reflect badly on Kelsi, and he did not want to bring any shame upon his second family.

Surveying the revelry, Neirin is amazed at how the invaders enjoy celebrating their battles. In his mind what this really means is that no matter the outcome of the current conflict, there will always be another war to take its place, for these folk can never live a peaceful life. The men they had captured spoke of hunting the Yarili as if they were animals. As long as the invaders remain, Neirin's people will be forced to hide, and will never be at peace.

Neirin stayed for a while, enjoying the food and drink, but when the time arrived that his departure would not seem rude, he left the feast and returned home to rest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 am

Hovik sees Neirin escape, and slips out right behind him. "Care for a game of Daisies and Dots?", he asks his Yarili friend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:12 am

Hovik wrote:Hovik sees Neirin escape, and slips out right behind him. "Care for a game of Daisies and Dots?", he asks his Yarili friend.

"Aye, friend. A distraction will be a good thing. So are you distressed like me with all this warmongering? Do not doubt that I will do my part, for I believe these men - Ibanvaalers you call them? - they threaten us all, and their talk of killing my people was upsetting. But I do not like battles. It is not my place to bring death like I did earlier today."

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:32 am

Although tired, Algared is pleased to join the celebration of life that the feasting represents, the joy of having friends and family return from battle, a memory of the lives of those who failed to return. None-the -less he looks forward to being able to find some time to mediate before letting sleep take him, he sees Neirin slip away followed closely by Hovik imagining neirin finds the festivities alien and Hovik seeking escape caused by his unease because of his station.

Algared feels the pangs of hunger bite, the food was fine and he resisted the temptation honouring his fast, He laughed at the jokes trying to ensure he did not let others see the discomfit he felt as the feast continued knowing Sarajin at least would know he sought to honour him rather make a show of the fast. He waits for his Cousin and Jarl, Cunate, to speak. Cunate had seemed to imply he had another task he desired the little warband to endeavour and Algared knew his interest had been pricked and also knew he would gladly attempt to see his cousins plans succeed. Algared and Cunate are close considering their difference in their stations within the clan making it at times difficult to relate with the same familiarity that he and Kyli or Kugald show to one another, so seeking to support Cunate's plans is one way he hopes shows Cunate the value of their bond to Algared.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 am

Neirin wrote:So are you distressed like me with all this warmongering? Do not doubt that I will do my part, for I believe these men - Ibanvaalers you call them? - they threaten us all, and their talk of killing my people was upsetting. But I do not like battles. It is not my place to bring death like I did earlier today."

"The warmongering? That's just what warriors do, They need to puff themselves up before a fight. It's that, or give in to the fear that gnaws at them. They tell themselves that they love battle, otherwise they might flee in terror."

"So let them have their way, and think nothing of it."

"And your place, Neirin, is whatever place you care to claim. I believe that today you took your place as a defender, avenger and hero. That is your place for as long as you wish, and while you are there, it is your place to bring death."

And with that, Hovik scrawls the game board on a slate and starts the game. "You go first."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Neirin smiles at his friend's reply. Hovik always seems to have an answer for everything. Whether he is always correct is another debate. The hunter looks at the slate laid out before them and begins the game. "Then death it shall be, as I overthrow my enemy on the game board."

Last edited by Neirin on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:48 pm

"I'm sorry, Neirin, but it doesn't quite work that way", Hovik chuckles. "You get to be the hero. *I* get to be the master of the game board. I haven't shown you my new strategy yet - I call it a "double-daffodil". I don't really know if it works yet, but I'm anxious to try it." And with a broad smile he makes a move that you haven't seen before. A rather foolish move, it seems . . .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Neirin, not much of a strategist when it comes to games, eagerly makes his move and falls into the trap set by Hovik.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:26 am

Hovik frowns, even though he won. "That didn't work the way I expected. I hadn't thought of that fourth move - it blew my plan completely. Well done."

He starts another game, but he's more relaxed this time, and he makes a conventional move. "Tell me, Neirin. Do the Yarili name the stars? . . . . "

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 am

After a very long and enjoyable night of revelry, Kugald takes his leave of his lord and companions and stumbles back to his family longhouse. "A successful day, if I do say so myself."

He climbs, clothes and all, into his bed and pulls a blanket over his head.

The morning will come all too soon.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:56 am

Jurri will also make his way back to wherever it is he sleeps and try to get some rest.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 am

As the warriors begin to disperse Algared will also part, making him way to his father's house. He endeavours to mediate upon the mysteries of the esoteric, and the ways of the Odivshe for an hour and then finally lets sleep take him.

Knowing he has much to learn he intends to mediate for an additional hour when he wakes, before Kugald tracks him down to begin his training with the sword.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:56 am

During the night you each notice while enjoying the festivities that Cunate Daas is in deep conversation with Madrin Trilsten. They chat for nearly a 1/4 watch. The the Daas talks the more Madrin smiles. The last you see of Madrin for the night is a quick nod of his head and a beaming smile to the Daas before he heads out of the great hall and into the night.

With the revelries starting to end Cunate bids Neirin farewall and thanks, as Hovik follows Cunate also bids him farewell and thanks for his part in the adventure. Cunate says to Hovik before he leaves "It has been brought to my attention that you are a thrall of clan Surenaal, let me see what I can do about that!" The Daas adds nothing more to the conversation before Hovik chases down Neirin and they begin their games of skill.

When Algared leaves the feast he too is thanked for his part by the Daas. Algared finds his way through the dark to his clanhouse where he tries to clear his head in meditation. He struggles as thoughts of the days fight, his internal conflict about his lack of action and his rubbling stomach interfere with his meditation. Before long Algared gives up and retires for the night.

Thorin is joined by Sweld as he leaves the feast after he too is thanked for his part in the task of delivering his message "Jurri does you much praise in his song of the battle young Thorin" he adds before allowing Thorin to retire for the night. Sweld and Thorin both stubble across the compound to the huscarl's barracks before they both collapse in their own beds and sleep takes them.

Kugald leaves the feast where he is greeted by the Daas "I congratulate you in private young Kugald, you have done me good service, I will not forget it. If the trugth is only half of what Jurri's has sung of, you will prove yourself to be a good leader one day. Go now and rest you have earned it and we have much to achieve in the near future."

Jurri spends the night in song and poem. After his first performance he is called back on more than one occassion to retell his stories. Cunate finds him in his cups at a table taking a break from his acts. "You do your companions much honour with your song and you do yourself much credit by the way you tell it." With a smile the Daas continues "Thankyou for helping me deliver my message to the Storzar, your act will not be forgotten."

Jurri takes his leave of the feast and makes his way through the dark of night to his the Grebel clanhouse where he finds his bed and collapses in sleep.

Once the Daas has left the feast things begin to quieten down in the great hall quickly and before long quiet returns to the Daas thranaal.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6